UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> OMG Lesnar gets slammed and pinned

4/8/13 6:33 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
john joe
398 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 04/08/13 6:33 AM
Fighters Only, web/editorial

how do people watch this shit? seriously

4/8/13 6:37 AM
mofomike
202 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

4/8/13 6:43 AM
soremano
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I wonder how much coercing it takes for one of these meatheads to agree to 'lose'

4/8/13 6:43 AM
JBASS
237 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

4/8/13 6:54 AM
john joe
398 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MMA Lives Here -  Yeah who would watch that shit. Even as a kid I would never have watched it because I'm too cool

Anyone know what happened with Rocky and Cena?? Phone Post

i think i stopped around 11 or 12 years old; Legion of Doom is the last i remember being into

for kids its OK; for anyone over 14, not so much
4/8/13 7:07 AM
john joe

lol, the vote downs begin

always tonnes of vote downs when i say something negative about pro-wrestling. A lot of beefcake lovers round here!
4/8/13 7:35 AM
Matt "Meals on Wheels" Hitman
6 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Watching wrestling is like watching a live-action action movie, with the end result being crazy stuff you would never see in real life along with a mediocre story.

Hating wrestling for being "fake" is like hating Die Hard because the guy playing Hans Gruber didn't really go splat on the sidewalk in real life.
4/8/13 7:40 AM
BiggRiggWreckedGQ
127 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

john joe - lol, the vote downs begin

always tonnes of vote downs when i say something negative about pro-wrestling. A lot of beefcake lovers round here!
There's a lot of negative things you can say about the current stories or competitors or the state of pro-wrestling itself currently...

But I don't understand the hate for pro-wrestling the concept, especially when it is well-realized. It's a dramatic work of fiction, just like a movie or tv show, except it's performed live and the stunt men are the main performers. Why hate?

And side note, a great deal of fighters are either inspired by or fans of professional wrestling. Our sport is very much linked to PW. Phone Post 3.0
4/8/13 7:43 AM
Culinary Union Delegate
66 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

At least Brock tried during this match and earned his money. More than you can say for what he did in the Overeem 'fight'.

4/8/13 8:00 AM
ChaosOverkill
567 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

his palms must be cold from taking the brunt of that botched move

4/8/13 8:01 AM
john joe

MMA Lives Here - 

I think the reason kids 'like' how big the wrestlers are is because they look beastly and inhumanly strong etc. Not a gird-my-loins type attraction Phone Post

thats why the kids like them for sure

but the grown men who like them... thats got some loin in it
4/8/13 8:08 AM
Shanle929

How can anyone "win" a staged sport.....? Phone Post 3.0
4/8/13 8:10 AM
ChaosOverkill
567 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Shanle929 - How can anyone "win" a staged sport.....? Phone Post 3.0

By getting the "Alpha contract" or whatever the fuck that is

4/8/13 8:27 AM
JeffersonDArcyChoke
302 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

john joe -
MMA Lives Here - 

I think the reason kids 'like' how big the wrestlers are is because they look beastly and inhumanly strong etc. Not a gird-my-loins type attraction Phone Post

What about superhero movies such as Avengers, Batman, X-Men, Captain America,Superman, etc?

Pro wrestling was originally a legit sport for adults.

Comic books were created with children in mind.

Pro wrestling changed to cater to children as time went by just as comic books went from Superman for little Johnny to Watchmen to an older reader.

However it kills me that so many grown men would line up to see 'Avengers' on opening day yet chide another because he tunes into Monday Night Raw.

So.

Do YOU watch superhero movies or are they too childish as well since you know, Underoos (underwear for children) featured these beefcake heroes to be worn over the loins of 8 year olds?

Please Note: I don't vote down anyone so I certainly didn't vote you down.

I just want to make certain you are not a fan of anything that was geared toward children while acting as if wrestling is strictly for children, shut-ins and the mentally deficient adult.

I no longer follow pro wrestling but worked in the field and respect it tremendously much as I do the aforementioned comic book movie or even a television drama such as The Shield which featured as hammy characters and implausible action and situations as wrestling. Phone Post
4/8/13 8:33 AM
Vale_Tudo_83
9 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I don't hate wrasslin fan but its not cup of tea. Live and let live Phone Post
4/8/13 8:33 AM
SubbedZER0
344 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I don't see the face of whoever is pinning him, but he has his hands wrapped, no mma gloves on

brock has mma gloves on......no hands wrapped

I lol'd

4/8/13 8:44 AM
steverowbotham
57 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I stopped watching after the Rock'n'Sock era... I oculdnt deal with that shit now.  Some buddies at work live and breathe it and talk about it non-stop.  Kinda funny.  What the fuck is a hornswaggle?

4/8/13 8:49 AM
ChaosOverkill

Watched for the first time in like a decade tongight did JR retire?

4/8/13 8:54 AM
john joe

JeffersonDArcyChoke - 
john joe -
MMA Lives Here - 

What about superhero movies such as Avengers, Batman, X-Men, Captain America,Superman, etc?

Pro wrestling was originally a legit sport for adults.

Comic books were created with children in mind.

Pro wrestling changed to cater to children as time went by just as comic books went from Superman for little Johnny to Watchmen to an older reader.

However it kills me that so many grown men would line up to see 'Avengers' on opening day yet chide another because he tunes into Monday Night Raw.

So.

Do YOU watch superhero movies or are they too childish as well since you know, Underoos (underwear for children) featured these beefcake heroes to be worn over the loins of 8 year olds?

Please Note: I don't vote down anyone so I certainly didn't vote you down.

I just want to make certain you are not a fan of anything that was geared toward children while acting as if wrestling is strictly for children, shut-ins and the mentally deficient adult.

I no longer follow pro wrestling but worked in the field and respect it tremendously much as I do the aforementioned comic book movie or even a television drama such as The Shield which featured as hammy characters and implausible action and situations as wrestling. Phone Post

i actually dont watch superhero movies , i went and saw The Watchers thing because people were raving about it, but i thought it was shit, and i cant watch anything like Ironman or Silver Surfer or whatever.

I sat through ten minutes of some recent one, where he is trying to save the world from some big evil black hole thing and he gets these magic powers from this council of guys who live in outer space sitting on top of these rock spire things... not for me.

I mean moviewise, i wouldnt really pass judgement, i dont think watching superhero movies equates to watching fake fights between oiled up muscle sunbed men in spandex

12 VDs since i wrote the OP - puroresu fans unite!
4/8/13 8:58 AM
Morgz
229 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I grew up watching and loving rasslin. Still have a spot for it too Phone Post 3.0
4/8/13 9:05 AM
sodagoespop

The attitude era with the Rock and Stone cold was the best, don't watch it now it's pretty bad.
4/8/13 9:10 AM
fryingarmbar
60 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I'm ashamed to say I watched that shit last night. (In my defense, I was multi-tasking and getting some work done.)

Prior to last night, I hadn't watched more than a few minutes of live wrestling in years and this was the worst Wrestlemania I've ever seen.

For some matches, the crowd was completely dead. The Punk-UT match was some sloppy shit, made worse by the commentators overselling it. The Lesnar-HHH match was a typical HHH brawl--boring and way too long. Main event was shitty because Cena just can't work or emote.

I'm a wrestling fan but that shit was unwatchable. Phone Post 3.0
4/8/13 9:11 AM
Triangle Choked
20 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MMA Lives Here - Was meant to be a slight on myself, not mocking you. I was hooked on the rock and stone cold era :/ Phone Post
Don't forget the Puppies :) Phone Post 3.0
4/8/13 9:14 AM
rbl
172 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

NeilDiamond - Do I watch it? No.

Do I appreciate the athleticism and what they put their body through? Definitely Phone Post
I can appreciate the athleticism of guys doing crazy flips and taking huge falls, not so much the middle aged bodybuilders who can barely move shouting at each other incoherently. I don't really follow it but it always seems like a lot of the big name guys kind of suck and the undercard or whatever they call it has the interesting stuff. Phone Post
4/8/13 9:16 AM
HandyDarsh
156 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

fryingarmbar - I'm ashamed to say I watched that shit last night. (In my defense, I was multi-tasking and getting some work done.)

Prior to last night, I hadn't watched more than a few minutes of live wrestling in years and this was the worst Wrestlemania I've ever seen.

For some matches, the crowd was completely dead. The Punk-UT match was some sloppy shit, made worse by the commentators overselling it. The Lesnar-HHH match was a typical HHH brawl--boring and way too long. Main event was shitty because Cena just can't work or emote.

I'm a wrestling fan but that shit was unwatchable. Phone Post 3.0
Pretty much this.
I used to remember them going so big at wrestle mania Phone Post 3.0

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.