UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Colin " Freakshow " Fletcher cut by UFC

4/8/13 6:54 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
BiffyClyro
13 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Not sure if this has been posted but Colin Fletcher tweeted he has been cut by the UFC.
@dr_freakshow: Is it just me or does cut after 1 official UFC fight seam a little harsh I know I didn't perform my best ! Neva mind.

Thoughts? Phone Post
4/8/13 6:58 AM
Pappy Knuckles
33 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 04/08/13 6:58 AM
Fletcher looks too crazy for UFC to want to keep on the roster. The tat and fake teeth weren't doing him any favors. I knew he was history when Ricci beat him, he's not marketable enough for them.
4/8/13 7:02 AM
GrayKickass
134 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

He hasn't looked too great after the show, but I'd like to see him back.

I'm sure he can rack up a few more wins and have another shot. Phone Post
4/8/13 7:05 AM
Dazednconfused
139 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

To be honest his skill set probably isn't up to par just yet. Phone Post 3.0
4/8/13 7:09 AM
Pappy Knuckles
33 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Dazednconfused - To be honest his skill set probably isn't up to par just yet. Phone Post 3.0

This too lol.
4/8/13 7:42 AM
BiggRiggWreckedGQ
127 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

He's had two official UFC fights, the finale wasn't an exhibition on the show...

And I like the dude, but he didnt really show himself to be at a high enough level or exciting when fighting guys as good or better than him. Phone Post 3.0
4/8/13 7:58 AM
WelshWarrior
25 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Ive seen him fight live a few times on the regional circuit...he is for sure better than he showed in his fights in the ufc... ! Phone Post
4/8/13 8:00 AM
I hate links & marketing
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I was saying this from the start. Not hating just observing, he needs to spend a few years elsewhere sharpening his skills.

Gimmicks dont win fights. Phone Post
4/8/13 8:36 AM
KZTT_FawkingxD
144 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I hate links & marketing - I was saying this from the start. Not hating just observing, he needs to spend a few years elsewhere sharpening his skills.

Gimmicks dont win fights. Phone Post
Damn! That's a good post. Phone Post 3.0
4/8/13 8:43 AM
ChrisJPN
76 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I had fairly high hopes for him during TUF but his two real fights were awful. The gimmick is shitty but it's even worse when this"crazy guy" with the awful tats and fake teeth appears to be totally unwilling to take any sort of chances during his fights, even when he's clearly losing.
4/8/13 8:44 AM
pegson123

Deserved cut Phone Post
4/8/13 8:47 AM
steverowbotham
58 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I wanted Freakshow to succeed.  He's a huge lightweight and with a good solid team and coaching he could probably be a decent fighter.  But, 0-2 in the UFC and you're gone, especially with the forecasted cuts.

4/8/13 8:48 AM
Taz Styles
3252 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

He didn't look comfortable in his 2 fights in the UFC, but on the show he looked great and he seems like a very nice person, i hope he can make his way back to the UFC.
4/8/13 8:48 AM
lenz0799

I was wondering if looking like that was gonna be good or bad for him, guess this answers it Phone Post
4/8/13 8:49 AM
tom_hkr
84 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Total shame :( hes such a top bloke and a lose against someone in there hometown isnt a reason to cut someone

On a more possitve note i might get to see him fight again in the uk

WAR FREAKSHOW Phone Post 3.0
4/8/13 8:51 AM
Vale_Tudo_83
9 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

To be honest is he would have won the other guy would have gotten cut Phone Post
4/8/13 8:53 AM
Card
2124 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

http://www.fightersonlymag.com/content/news/18664-colin-fletcher-released-from-ufc-contract

"I will get the chance again. I’ll do whatever I have to, to be back where I belong and have loads of fun doing it cos I'm a fighter and whether its in someone's back garden or the Madison square garden it's all the same… I live 4 this sh-t !!”

4/8/13 9:12 AM
WelshWarrior
25 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

TTT for ppl who can scroll! Phone Post
4/8/13 9:14 AM
RKing85
180 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

In this day and age, this is not a surprizing cut at all.
4/8/13 9:27 AM
Bloody Pregnancy Fluids
179 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

He looked terrible in both fights i saw him in.

Slow, plodding, terrible spinning attacks that never land.

No big loss imo.
4/8/13 9:40 AM
3rdLion
236 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I can see why they cut him. He's a nice guy though so hopefully he changes camps and we see him back in there again soon!
4/8/13 9:49 AM
TEX4N
267 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Card -

http://www.fightersonlymag.com/content/news/18664-colin-fletcher-released-from-ufc-contract

"I will get the chance again. I’ll do whatever I have to, to be back where I belong and have loads of fun doing it cos I'm a fighter and whether its in someone's back garden or the Madison square garden it's all the same… I live 4 this sh-t !!”

It's too bad he got cut. I liked him Phone Post 3.0
4/8/13 10:22 AM
SmellyBelly

Bloody Pregnancy Fluids - He looked terrible in both fights i saw him in.

Slow, plodding, terrible spinning attacks that never land.

No big loss imo.

I hate to see anyone lose their job, MMA or in real life, but I agree - he seemed like a stereotypical slow white guy. Granted so did Ricci. Neither of them appear to have any power - not even in the first seconds of the opening round.

The fight looked like a reasonably intense sparring match at any reputable school. Definitely not something that makes me want to spend $60 on a PPV.
4/8/13 10:26 AM
cheesesteak
244 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

It could also be Dana hating on the costume shenanigans. Some times when he has it out for someone...
4/8/13 10:28 AM
Y2JB

Edited: 04/08/13 10:32 AM
I personally think they should have given him one more fight. He has personality, a decent skill set and didn't fight boring. That said, both of his UFC fights were forgettable so it's hard to be too upset over him being cut.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.