UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Can Mir get this fight with Cormier to the ground?

4/8/13 7:58 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Lazer MMA
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

If he does can he sub DC? What are Mir's chances if he gets the fight to the ground UG??
4/8/13 7:58 AM
LyotoBundy
316 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Frank can catch anyone if the opportunity presents itself Phone Post
4/8/13 8:27 AM
Lazer MMA

Guys CAN he get DC down???
4/8/13 8:29 AM
Vale_Tudo_83
7 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

He can not, he could not takedown Cro Cop. He could pull guard tho... Phone Post
4/8/13 8:42 AM
Lazer MMA

LOL, ok boss TY
4/8/13 8:50 AM
Culinary Union Delegate
25 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

He has a chance to pull a Werdum-Fedor or a Mir-Nog/Sylvia. If DC dops him and smells blood, following him to the ground, Frank can sub the fuck out of Cormier, or any other MMA pro.

4/8/13 9:04 AM
FedorEmilioEstevez
53 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Sure, will he be conscious when he gets there? Dunno Phone Post
4/8/13 9:15 AM
ranier wolfcastle
1133 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

no

flying armbar maybe

4/8/13 9:20 AM
Anderson's BBC in my Goku

FedorEmilioEstevez - Sure, will he be conscious when he gets there? Dunno Phone Post
This Phone Post 3.0
4/8/13 9:21 AM
wiggum
300 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Mir couldn't get JDS down. He couldn't come close, actually. I'm not bashing JDS' takedown defense, it's quite good. But Fedro's is on another level. DC was one of the top wrestlers on EARTH mainly due to his incredible take down defense. He's almost impossible to take down.
4/8/13 9:23 AM
Diazed And Confused
68 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

DC will take him down and that's all that matters. Phone Post 3.0
4/8/13 9:34 AM
Seats Taken
193 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Mir can beat anyone at HW via submission. Chances are he's going to get KO'd looking for that submission though.

My guess would be Mir's best chance of taking it to the ground is getting DC to take him down. Mir isn't the brightest, I could see him step in the cage and just want to bang. Phone Post 3.0
4/8/13 9:43 AM
Lobo8

No way mir can take cormier down. Daniel will dictate everything about this fight and will decide when he wants to knock him out too.
4/8/13 10:07 AM
Lazer MMA

wiggum - Mir couldn't get JDS down. He couldn't come close, actually. I'm not bashing JDS' takedown defense, it's quite good. But Fedro's is on another level. DC was one of the top wrestlers on EARTH mainly due to his incredible take down defense. He's almost impossible to take down.

Hey brother, HTF R U?

Yea I feel this way and like DC but in this one for some crazy reason, I'm pulling for Mir. LOL
4/8/13 10:09 AM
RileyPust
107 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Mir is like Randy Couture only without the charisma. He has proven time and again that he can't be counted out. I doubt he'll be able to get this fight to the ground, and I doubt he'll be able to beat DC at all... but nothing would really surprise me in this fight.

4/8/13 10:10 AM
Lazer MMA

Diazed And Confused - DC will take him down and that's all that matters. Phone Post 3.0

Why would he do that??
4/8/13 10:17 AM
Lazer MMA

Some guy - 
Lazer MMA -
Diazed And Confused - DC will take him down and that's all that matters. Phone Post 3.0

Why would he do that??
Since when did Cormier become some kind of top level striker?

DC will be looking for the takedown IMO Phone Post 3.0

DC figures to be better on their feet for sure no? He has great power as well. Why risk going to the ground under those conditions in fight with Mir?
4/8/13 10:20 AM
slamming

Lazer MMA -
Guys CAN he get DC down???
Not a chance in hell. Easy easy money to be made here. Phone Post 3.0
4/8/13 10:22 AM
Lazer MMA

Have not played this yet. Maybe that's what this thread is really about slamming!
4/8/13 10:25 AM
kyle223
176 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 04/08/13 10:27 AM
If Mir can get it to the ground, he has a great chance of submitting anyone in the UFC.

If he can't get it to the ground, and DC knocks him down, maybe he can pull off a heel hook like he did against Lesnar.

Also, I always perceived Mir as one of the most articulate, intelligent fighters the UFC has. Not sure why people think he's not a smart fighter.
4/8/13 10:31 AM
Yoghurt

Lets not forget DC was quite comfortable banging from Barnet's guard,and did real damage,which is not joke.

And yes,Joshu is a better top player but still,the guy has skills on the ground even when on his back.

Even if he takes Mir down,which i don't see why he would,he isn't likely to get tapped as easily from Mir's guard.
I give Mir a better chance in a scramble of some sort,after being rocked,similar to the Nog fight(he also tried to roll for a kimura against Shane).

What DC needs to be carefull is the rolling kimura,the single leg to kneebar/ankle lock and suck.

I don't see Mir taking him down and working a submission in this universe,minus DC being rocked on the feet,which is unlikely as well.
4/8/13 10:32 AM
Yoghurt

*and such
4/8/13 10:34 AM
MMA Architect
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Mir will not TAKE him down. DC might put Mir down and follow him to the ground.
But, Mir has shown he's susceptible to GnP by wrestlers... so... Phone Post 3.0
4/8/13 10:35 AM
Lobo8

Some guy - 
Lazer MMA -

Why would he do that??
Since when did Cormier become some kind of top level striker?

DC will be looking for the takedown IMO Phone Post 3.0

Nah mir standup is clean but sluggish. So a explosive guy like cormier can tag him easily if he sets a high pace. Cormier will knockout him out in the second round.
4/8/13 10:37 AM
fightharder
14 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Lazer MMA - If he does can he sub DC? What are Mir's chances if he gets the fight to the ground UG??
The fight will be on the ground. Only Cormier will be on top of Mir smashing him. I highly doubt he will be able to pull off a submissiom from there. But you never know. Phone Post 3.0

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.