UnderGround Forums

S&C UnderGround >> Cast on hand. Workout routines?

| Share | Email | Subscribe | Check IPs

4/9/13 3:27 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Ply
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I fell off my bike and landed full force onto my left hand. Xrays show a fracture and I'll be in a cast for 4-6 weeks. To top it off, I'm slated to travel to Thailand and the Philippines in two weeks with the trip lasting around 3 months. I figured I could use light resistance bands for upperbody exercises and use a backpack with walking for cardio. I figured squats with a backpack on or just bodyweight would help along with creatine to maintain muscle.  Any other routines or suggestions?

4/9/13 10:24 AM
JamesDean57
31 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Pistol squats, single leg dead lifts & Bulgarian split squats.
The bands or light d/bells if you can hold'em for upper body.
4/9/13 8:38 PM
Ply

Tried resistance bands today, definite no go on them for now. 

4/10/13 7:14 AM
DMC
57 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I asked for similar advice when I was last in a cast.

I had been making good gains lifting heavy (for me) and didn't want to 'lose' the progress I had made. I tried various new and/or modififed lifts but tbh everything felt awkward and unsafe. Maybe with lighter weight it would be okay.

I ended up just resting and waiting it out. I watched my diet as I thought I'd get a bit fat but I actually lost body fat (and some muscle).

The atrophy of my forearm muscle was amazing.
4/10/13 7:51 AM
Ply

I figured creatine would help maintain a bit while i healed up and focused on core and lower body cardio. My diet sucks right now so thats a good place for me to start. Cant wait to see how shitty my arm looks and smells when the cast comes off. Phone Post

| Share | Email | Subscribe | Check IPs

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.