UnderGround Forums

S&C UnderGround >> Cast on hand. Workout routines?

4/9/13 3:27 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Ply
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I fell off my bike and landed full force onto my left hand. Xrays show a fracture and I'll be in a cast for 4-6 weeks. To top it off, I'm slated to travel to Thailand and the Philippines in two weeks with the trip lasting around 3 months. I figured I could use light resistance bands for upperbody exercises and use a backpack with walking for cardio. I figured squats with a backpack on or just bodyweight would help along with creatine to maintain muscle.  Any other routines or suggestions?

4/9/13 10:24 AM
JamesDean57
31 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Pistol squats, single leg dead lifts & Bulgarian split squats.
The bands or light d/bells if you can hold'em for upper body.
4/9/13 8:38 PM
Ply

Tried resistance bands today, definite no go on them for now. 

4/10/13 7:14 AM
DMC
41 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I asked for similar advice when I was last in a cast.

I had been making good gains lifting heavy (for me) and didn't want to 'lose' the progress I had made. I tried various new and/or modififed lifts but tbh everything felt awkward and unsafe. Maybe with lighter weight it would be okay.

I ended up just resting and waiting it out. I watched my diet as I thought I'd get a bit fat but I actually lost body fat (and some muscle).

The atrophy of my forearm muscle was amazing.
4/10/13 7:51 AM
Ply

I figured creatine would help maintain a bit while i healed up and focused on core and lower body cardio. My diet sucks right now so thats a good place for me to start. Cant wait to see how shitty my arm looks and smells when the cast comes off. Phone Post

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.