UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Movies that inspire you to train???

4/11/13 3:18 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
6ULDV8
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

And no one's said it yet, but I think Here Comes the Boom is the best movie of 2012.

Feel good movie of the year without a doubt.

4/11/13 3:26 PM
JLTECH

My names lowden lowden swain I turned 18 this week I wasn't ready for it I haven't done anything yet but I made this deal with myself this is the year I make my mark. Phone Post
4/11/13 3:32 PM
Juggernautt
227 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

It may not fit but ROBOCOP does it for me

If course best of the best as well. My god that coach kuzo!

And Lionheart. Man oh man.... lionheart legitimately makes me cry every time

Just stay down man.... I told you the way this did me, just stay down! Look, I cut us a deal. Fifty fifty all the way. Ima split it with you, just like I said I would. Its on him man, the whole bets on Attila!

Wrong bet!

Leon..

NAAOOOO!!!!!

CLAP CLAP CLAP CLAP CLAP CLAP CLAP CLAP

cmAAAAAAAn! Kick the snot outta him

LIONHEAAAAARRRRRRTTTT!!!!

EPIC KICK!

cue epic music
DAAAA NAAAAAA NAAA NAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHH NUH NUHHHH NAAAAHHH Phone Post
4/11/13 8:57 PM
mmavixen
1111 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I LOVE Robocop, I just had to say that. :)

4/11/13 9:27 PM
6ULDV8

bozy - 
6ULDV8 -

And no one's said it yet, but I think Here Comes the Boom is the best movie of 2012.

Feel good movie of the year without a doubt.

A guy at work said there is no way a school teacher can beat a UFC fighter, and for that reason the movie sucked....his favorite fighter is Rich Franklin...I lie you not. Just shook my head Phone Post

Bro, you can trust me when I say you almost never have to tell me 'I shit you not'.

For my money that was far and away the best movie of twenty twelve though, by a long shot.

And anyone that even looks my way and thinks to mention 'The Hobbit', please don't.  

It wasn't even close.

4/11/13 9:39 PM
D241

for mmavixen-

There aren't many movies that I would qualify as a must see, but since you asked, yes, I would qualify this as a must see.

I think you will come back and acknowledge the triumph this man accomplished through so much adversity.

4/11/13 9:42 PM
DiscipleDojo
612 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Lionheart should inspire Zuffa to begin holding fights in an Octagon filled with knee-deep water.

4/11/13 9:54 PM
mmavixen
1111 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

D241 - 

for mmavixen-

There aren't many movies that I would qualify as a must see, but since you asked, yes, I would qualify this as a must see.

I think you will come back and acknowledge the triumph this man accomplished through so much adversity.

D-

I can't wait. I'll watch it later tonight and let you know what I thought tomorrow.

ESPN films does a great job.

4/11/13 9:55 PM
6ULDV8

DiscipleDojo - 
6ULDV8 - 
DiscipleDojo - 
6ULDV8 - 

Big Trouble in Little China

The thread is "movies that inspire you to train"...

....not GREATEST MOVIES EVER MADE IN THE HISTORY OF CINEMA!!!  Long live the Porkchop Express!

Hell yeah that movie got me pumped!  

Jack Burton's a truck driver dude that wipes out a kung fu God - it's all in the reflexes - how can that not get you pumped?

I'm not saying I've been everywhere and I've done everything. But I do know this is a pretty amazing planet we live on here. And a man would have to be some kind of fool to think we're all alone in this universe.

Like I told my last wife, I said "Honey, I never drive faster than I can see. Besides that, it's all in the reflexes."

Just remember what old Jack Burton does when the earth quakes, the poison arrows fall from the sky, and the pillars of Heaven shake. Yeah, Jack Burton just looks that big old storm right in the eye and says "Give me your best shot. I can take it."

When some wild-eyed, eight-foot-tall maniac grabs your neck, taps the back of your favorite head up against the barroom wall, looks you crooked in the eye, and asks you if you paid your dues; you just stare that big sucker right back in the eye, and you remember what ol' Jack Burton always says at a time like that: "Have you paid your dues, Jack? Yessir, the check is in the mail."

Which Lo Pan? Little ol’ basket case on wheels, or the ten-foot-tall roadblock?!

Would you stop rubbing your body up against mine? Because I can’t concentrate when you do that...

What does that mean? ‘China is here?’ I don’t even know what the hell that means! All I know is this Lo Pan character comes from out of thin air in the middle of a goddamned alley, while his buddies are flying around on wires, ripping everyone to shreds...and he just stands there, waiting for me to drive my truck straight through him?! With LIGHT coming out of his mouth?!

Sit tight, hold the fort, keep the home fires burning. And if we're not back by dawn...call the president.

From this

To this

"A six-demon bag. Sensational. What's in it, Egg?"

"I know. There's a problem with your face."

There aren't enough vote ups to do justice to your taste, sir!

Anyone in this thread that has not already seen this is seriously missing out.

You take your Rockys, your Jet Lis, your Bruce Lees, your whatever gets you pumped.

You take all of that and put it up against Jack Burton and I'll bet Jack Burton gets you more pumped.

Unless you're batshit crazy.

DiscipleDojo for mod 2013!

4/11/13 10:19 PM
Juggernautt
227 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Decision Dan's Karma -
Juggernautt - It may not fit but ROBOCOP does it for me

Just stay down man.... I told you the way this did me, just stay down! Look, I cut us a deal. Fifty fifty all the way. Ima split it with you, just like I said I would. Its on him man, the whole bets on Attila!

Wrong bet!

Leon..

NAAOOOO!!!!!

EPIC KICK!

cue epic music
You've just described one of my favourite childhood movies! I know it as being called AWOL though, must be different in the US. Phone Post 3.0
Yes awol, man it always gets me emotional. I love that movie Phone Post
4/11/13 10:21 PM
Juggernautt

bozy -
Decision Dan's Karma -
Juggernautt - It may not fit but ROBOCOP does it for me

Wrong bet!

Leon..

NAAOOOO!!!!!

EPIC KICK!

cue epic music
You've just described one of my favourite childhood movies! I know it as being called AWOL though, must be different in the US. Phone Post 3.0
Do you mean coach wade? Frank Couzo is James earl jones? Phone Post
I meant my god as in a great coach, not as I'd fap to or fill with my sting hahahah Phone Post
4/12/13 9:22 AM
The Mammoth
102 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

4/12/13 1:02 PM
D241

Let me know what you think vix...

4/12/13 1:10 PM
Lazer MMA

Way of the Dragon ('Return of the Dragon' in US)
Bruce Lee vs Chuck Norris
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AjDIiTz7gsU

Fuckin this! Take a peak if you forgot
4/12/13 1:28 PM
45forever
343 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

**Trane Phone Post 3.0
4/12/13 2:36 PM
Juggernautt

Decision Dan's Karma -
The Mammoth -

Yes!

VTFU Phone Post 3.0
Greatness!

Tofu when at pc Phone Post
4/12/13 4:34 PM
Fraser_Finlay
224 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Ohh man, this thread has reminded me of so many good movies that I have to watch again. Phone Post
4/12/13 4:50 PM
Carrtrouble
18 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Dragonball Z

One of these days I'm gonna kamehameha the FUCK out of somebody.

One day. Phone Post
4/12/13 4:57 PM
mmavixen

Fraser_Finlay -  Ohh man, this thread has reminded me of so many good movies that I have to watch again. Phone Post

This.

I just added a bunch to Netflix! :)

4/12/13 8:36 PM
mmavixen

D241 - 

Let me know what you think vix...

D-

I posted on FB about it.  What a great documentary!!!  I saw it earlier today and my eyes are puffy from crying.  It was incredibly moving.

I have a friend that works for the Innocence Project, and it's such a worthwhile organization.  Bozella is such an inspiration.

I absolutely loved it.

4/13/13 12:43 AM
Ninja mon

Rambo all of them, The hunted(both versions one is Kali the other is Kendo), the Highlander, Braveheart, King Arthur, The Eagle.
4/14/13 5:52 AM
JFC1001
5 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

D241 -

That is a great movie. Forgot about that one Phone Post 3.0
4/14/13 6:14 AM
bigD13B
80 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

TTT Phone Post
4/14/13 2:17 PM
mmavixen

Ninja mon - Rambo all of them, The hunted(both versions one is Kali the other is Kendo), the Highlander, Braveheart, King Arthur, The Eagle.

I LOVE Highlander and  the Cuba Gooding "gladiator."  Just had to say that.

4/14/13 2:20 PM
D241

Man I hope I don't get voted down for saying this b/c I think I'm in the minority considering all the high praise I've heard about Big Trouble in Little China, but I tried watching that movie 2 days ago, and I had to turn it off halfway.

I just couldn't get into the whole mythical Raiden like "gods" who would crash through the roofs. Not believable at all.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.