UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Movies that inspire you to train???

4/15/13 2:18 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
6ULDV8
5 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I just rewatched 'Big Trouble in Little China' again and can honestly say Jack Burton was my life's inspiration.

That movie was released about 7 years before the first UFC too.  How cool is that?

4/15/13 3:26 PM
superCulo
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The Reem documentary. Phone Post 3.0
4/16/13 4:26 AM
BALLSDEEP
157 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Gummo
4/16/13 6:03 AM
DanCrase
64 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

"Empire Strikes Back" saw it when I was a kid and thought "Fuck that shit, I ain't never letting someone encase me in carbonite!, I better learn how to fight"
4/16/13 6:16 AM
BasBang
34 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

This funny shit but American Anthem inspired me to start doing pull-ups.
4/16/13 11:15 AM
mmavixen
1111 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

BasBang - This funny shit but American Anthem inspired me to start doing pull-ups.
Lol. I was a gymnast and LOVED American Anthem! Phone Post
4/16/13 11:23 AM
Tat2tillidie
366 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Kirik -

Enter the Dragon

Rocky

Vision Quest

Chariots of Fire

Chariots of fire was awesome ... I haven't seen that movie in years Phone Post 3.0
4/16/13 11:25 AM
Tat2tillidie
366 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Ephimerus - Indeed this is an amazing thread, funny, positive and it involves MMA (boxing, exercise, combat sports, etc.) in a rather unusual way! Need more threads like this one! Btw will VU OP! Phone Post 3.0
This ... Phone Post 3.0
4/16/13 11:25 AM
Tat2tillidie

mmavixen - Okay. I don't train. I've been a dancer all my life and when I watch Dirty Dancing, I want to dance that day.

So, I'm sitting here watching Rocky II, and I'm wondering is there a certain movie that inspired you to start training in the martial arts or in boxing. (And for the record, I still hate my parents for never having put me in karate after I first saw "Enter the Dragon.")

Thoughts.... Phone Post
Great thread vu Phone Post 3.0
4/16/13 11:53 AM
D241
21 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

who am i?

4/16/13 1:24 PM
DiscipleDojo
628 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Tat2tillidie - 
Kirik -

Enter the Dragon

Rocky

Vision Quest

Chariots of Fire

Chariots of fire was awesome ... I haven't seen that movie in years Phone Post 3.0

Truly deserving of the Oscar it won! Love that movie!

4/16/13 3:27 PM
6ULDV8
5 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Kids, do yourself a favour and watch Big Trouble in Little China and vote DiscipleDojo the fuck up.

That man is awesome!

TTT - It's all in the reflexes.

4/16/13 6:47 PM
DanCrase
64 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Ephimerus - The movie that actually got me to exercise and train was the movie Death Becomes her, the one with Bruce Willis, Goldie Hawn and Meryl Streep. It shows how a person can waste his/her life following fruitless endevors and frivolous desires but it's never to late to start living, like Bruce Willis' characters does after he leaves the two decaying women behind. I had seen the movie before when I was younger but after many moons I saw it again and I finally understood the movie's message. The very next day I started on a diet and started to exercise. I was 305 pounds and got down 155 after that a year and a half later I started training MMA which had been something I wanted to do for some time and I've never been more alive or fit in my life, I've met great people and it has all been better since. Good post Op. Phone Post 3.0

Best post I've read in a while, VTFU dude
4/16/13 7:08 PM
mmavixen
1111 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Tat2tillidie - 
Ephimerus - Indeed this is an amazing thread, funny, positive and it involves MMA (boxing, exercise, combat sports, etc.) in a rather unusual way! Need more threads like this one! Btw will VU OP! Phone Post 3.0
This ... Phone Post 3.0

Tat, you are too sweet.  Seriously, you guys are way too nice...

And I haven't seen Chariots of Fire since I was a little girl...another Netflix add. LOL

4/16/13 7:46 PM
mmavixen

DanCrase - 
Ephimerus - The movie that actually got me to exercise and train was the movie Death Becomes her, the one with Bruce Willis, Goldie Hawn and Meryl Streep. It shows how a person can waste his/her life following fruitless endevors and frivolous desires but it's never to late to start living, like Bruce Willis' characters does after he leaves the two decaying women behind. I had seen the movie before when I was younger but after many moons I saw it again and I finally understood the movie's message. The very next day I started on a diet and started to exercise. I was 305 pounds and got down 155 after that a year and a half later I started training MMA which had been something I wanted to do for some time and I've never been more alive or fit in my life, I've met great people and it has all been better since. Good post Op. Phone Post 3.0

Best post I've read in a while, VTFU dude

I know!  Amazing!

4/17/13 4:13 AM
Ninja mon

Just watched Over the Top and starting Lionheart, slowly chipping away at the list.
4/17/13 3:00 PM
mmavixen

Ninja mon - Just watched Over the Top and starting Lionheart, slowly chipping away at the list.
Over the Top....awesome.

This list is great....Netflix queue here we come! Phone Post
4/17/13 3:05 PM
6ULDV8

OTT was pretty awesome too.

The 80s had a lock on inspirational films imo.

4/17/13 3:14 PM
RICKYB
41 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Precious Phone Post 3.0
4/17/13 5:41 PM
Juggernautt
58 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Ninja mon - Just watched Over the Top and starting Lionheart, slowly chipping away at the list.
You're kinda cute... dunno if I wanna fight ya, or fuck ya!!! Phone Post
4/17/13 7:04 PM
Roy Batty
142 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Deliverance, because I don't want to be forced to "squeal like a pig."
4/17/13 7:21 PM
donkey guard
29 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Vision quest
Rocky 4
Legacy Phone Post
4/17/13 7:25 PM
GNPfan
45 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Rocky 3
Vision Quest
The Boxer
4/18/13 4:28 AM
Ninja mon

Juggernautt - 
You're kinda cute... dunno if I wanna fight ya, or fuck ya!!! Phone Post

Good shit!
4/18/13 5:41 AM
Bodhidharma

Hostel Phone Post 3.0

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.