UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Build Me A Game Plan For Rafael Natal

4/9/13 4:16 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
camozzi
759 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

New opponent in. Lets hear what you got!

4/9/13 4:18 PM
Ozzimandias
84 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Punch him in the face!  It will throw his bjj off.

4/9/13 4:19 PM
zebers3
560 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Either let him beat on you so long until he drops his guard and you can finish with a headkick (a la Andrew Craig) or take him down and wear him down.

He seems to have cardio issues from time to time and I can't see him catching you in a submission from his back.
4/9/13 4:21 PM
SRS1513
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Just bang bro

4/9/13 4:35 PM
AlchemyIronworks

Volley, serve, forehand, volley, overhead smash, backhand....victory. Phone Post
4/9/13 4:37 PM
Thacommish
46 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Front kick, back kick, side check kick, repeat
4/9/13 4:39 PM
Card
2241 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 04/09/13 6:29 PM

via Fightmetric

4/9/13 4:43 PM
FanDivide
16 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Ozzimandias -

Punch him in the face!  It will throw his bjj off.

This and just tell him you have a more amazing body. Phone Post 3.0
4/9/13 4:44 PM
Captain Epic
30 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

id say keep pressure on him, make him back up and for the first round back him up and clinch against the cage. make him support your weight, then during the second (or whenever you see an oppening) after he expects the clinch/pressure explode out with some nasty short punches/elbows. try to get him while hes in defense mode and accepting the clinch. be explosive when he thinks your going to give him a break Phone Post
4/9/13 4:44 PM
zebers3
560 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

That's why you should take HIM down, he won't see it coming!

Or just sprawl and brawl, you're on a 4 fight win streak in the UFC, I think you know what you're doing.
4/9/13 4:46 PM
Burt Reynoldz
184 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Up up down down left right left right b a select start

4/9/13 4:47 PM
Card
2241 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 04/09/13 6:30 PM

via Fightnomics

4/9/13 5:03 PM
CavemanDave
260 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Watched what I could of him just now.  He's quick, likes to hop in and out,  has good takedown defense, likes to throw kicks, and is pretty squirrely off the cage. Very good base and and great hips.  He's a pretty defensive fighter... doesn't really hang his balls out when he fights.  Looks like he likes to engage right outside of any type of takedown/punching distance.

I'd force him to come to you.  Use your height and make him commit to engaging you.   If prior fights are any indication, he's likely to throw kicks, I'd say the most important thing is to effectively answer back when he throws them.  

His grappling is solid but he doesn't look like a takedown machine. if you end up clinched, use the opportunity to rough him up and/or tip him off balance.  

Better yet, don't listen to anybody on the UG, listen to your coach. 

4/9/13 5:08 PM
MrMead
126 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

AlchemyIronworks -  Volley, serve, forehand, volley, overhead smash, backhand....victory. Phone Post

Cecil peoples scored it 30-love for Nadal.
4/9/13 5:11 PM
Anderson's BBC in my Goku

from what ive seen natal is a pretty crafy counterfighter and .he really likes to control the distance

seems like his weapons of choice to counter are the lead leg kick or the double leg..and less frequently punches  - if the action gets too close, he prefers to shoot the double or move away

in my mind, i think the key is to pressure him...whether its to pressure him standing or to pressure him for the takedown..

he has pretty good footwork and mindfullness tho so it won't be as simple as trudging forward ala chris leben and throwing bolos..

to me, the best strategy would be to use your footwork to cut corners and pressure him to the fence while throwing minimal strikes to avoid his countering ability...and when you do throw, i would throw the first shot light and follow up with heavier combos to hopefully beat him to the punch when he tries to counter...

primarily, tho, i would try to pressure him backwards by using fenits and initiating blitzes when he switches stances, which he does often

ideally you will pressure him to get his back against the cage and if he cant circle out he will shoot almost guaranteed...so if you can time a flying knee ala condit v. DHK you can catch him as his shots arent very fast or clean..

other tendancies i noticed is that he likes to throw the spinning backfist, so you need to be aware of that and he leans a bit too far when slipping the jab...so you may want to throw a jab/high kick combo

4/9/13 5:13 PM
camozzi
759 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Burt Reynoldz -

Up up down down left right left right b a select start

I was thinking the same thing! Phone Post 3.0
4/9/13 5:13 PM
UGCTT_Big Crouchy UK

No phantom taps...... Phone Post 3.0
4/9/13 5:14 PM
UGCTT_Big Crouchy UK

I'm just playing bro....congrats on your last fight and good luck against Natal! Phone Post 3.0
4/9/13 5:17 PM
150 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I would say have Chase grow out his mustache again, and when Natal is distracted by it hit him really, really hard in the face.

Make him uncomfortable in his guard by asking via whisper if he is tickelish, and always make sure you make eye contact while smiling at him.

Just my .02 cents
4/9/13 5:39 PM
camozzi

303 - I would say have Chase grow out his mustache again, and when Natal is distracted by it hit him really, really hard in the face.

Make him uncomfortable in his guard by asking via whisper if he is tickelish, and always make sure you make eye contact while smiling at him.

Just my .02 cents
Great timing. Chase rolled to practice rocking a new mustache after shaving the beard today Phone Post 3.0
4/9/13 6:11 PM
NomoRomophobia
212 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

All knees, all day. Phone Post 3.0
4/9/13 6:29 PM
Card

via Fightmatrix

4/9/13 6:32 PM
KevinMcAllister
212 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 04/09/13 6:34 PM

A solid 12-step approach that I have formulated throughout my years of combat experience.

1. Approach Natal, tell him last night at the movies he went too far.

2. He will then give you a snide remark and laugh it off.

3. You tell him that wrecking your date with Joanna wasn't funny.

4. He will get serious, and he will then reprimand you for ruining his date with the same woman the night before.

5. You remind him that he started it by making you look like a jerk at The Max.

6. He will tell you that you are a jerk.

7.Upon questioning his motives for such a verbal attack, he will reconfirm what he said and ask you to remove yourself.

8. You refuse, and the gauntlet gets thrown.

9. Natal has no choice but to push you, but you will be prepared and push him back, but harder.

10. He will go for a right cross that may land, but this opens up an opportunity for a hip toss.

11. You gain top control and land a solid right of your own and begin to take control.

12. The round ends as referee Dennis Haskins breaks up the melee.

4/9/13 6:37 PM
Card

Edited: 04/09/13 6:37 PM

Last 3 Years – Win-Loss-Draw record for the three years prior to the ranking date.

“Big 15″ Record – The Win-Loss-Draw record for the fighter in the “Big 15″. This “Big 15″ refers to the top 15 organizations based on a statistical analysis we performed (UFC/PRIDE/WEC, DREAM/K-1, Shooto, WVR, Strike Force, BoDog, IFL, EliteXC, Bellator, GCM, TKO, Cage Rage, MFC, DEEP, Pancrase).  Some organizations were counted as one, due to mergers, etc.

Last Quality Performance - The date on which the system feels that the fighter registered his or her most recent quality performance.  A quality performance is a fight in which the fighter fought an acceptable opponent and substantiated their current rating (at the time) based on the outcome.

Quality Performance % - The percentage of career fights in which the fighter registered a quality performance.

540 Opponent Metric – This is an experimental metric that attempts to reflect a fighter’s recent opposition quality.  The metric goes back 1,080 days, and looks at all the fighter’s opponents’ W-L-D records within a window of 540 days before, and 540 days after their respective bout(s) with the fighter.  All of the records are added up and the cumulative win percentage is presented by this metric in a “strength of schedule” format.

Win Finish % – The percentage of a fighter’s wins that do not reach a decision.
4/9/13 6:54 PM
UGCTT_Benwahwah
273 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

When the fight starts drop to one knee, that way he can't kick you in the head. Phone Post 3.0

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.