UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> TUF 17 final episode results and discussion

4/9/13 5:49 PM
Ignore | Vote Down | Vote Up
Underground Blog
1177 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MixedMartialArts.com

TEAM JONES' Josh Samman (9-2) VS. TEAM SONNEN'S Kelvin Gastelum (5-0)

Round 1 - Referee Herb Dean in the cage. Kelvin looks to jab from distance early and use his length to establish an advantage. Instead, Kelvin pushes insides and into a clinch, and Josh falls to his back. Josh quickly gains a full guard before turning for the armbar. Kelvin keeps his arms locked and defends the hold, eventually forcing Josh to give up on the attempt. Kelvin stays on top, and he's forced to defend again when Josh turns for a kimura. He keeps his limb safe again, and Josh turns to his knees and scrambles up to the feet. They jockey for position against the cage, and Kelvin eventually locks the body and looks for a takedown. Instead, Kelvin deftly reverses and winds up on top. Elbows come down from the top, and Josh turns to his knees as he looks to escape. He settles back on the canvas, and Kelvin keeps the pressure high. Josh tries to bring his legs high, but Kelvin remains safe and pounds away when he can. Kelvin passes to side control, and when Josh tries to sit up, he winds up exposing his back. Kelvin immediately jumps on it and latches in the rear-naked choke. The finish comes quick when Josh is forced to tap.

Kelvin Gastelum def. Josh Samman via submission (rear-naked choke) - Round 1

TEAM JONES' Dylan Andrews (16-4-1) VS. TEAM SONNEN'S Uriah Hall (7-2)

Round 1 - Referee Steve Mazzagatti oversees the fight. Dylan takes the center, and the pair look to engage right away. Hall is the quicker fighter in the early going, and he flashes a few high kicks as the pair trades punches in the pockets. Uriah gives different looks in his stances. Dylan's coaches call for the takedown as Uriah slows his offense a bit. Uriah circles on the outside and looks extremely comfortable and patient as he strikes. Dylan is standing in the center and pressing, but he's having trouble finding any real openings. Uriah mixes up his strikes well in the latter stages as he starts to pick up the volume. Punches and kicks score at all levels. Dylan isn't hurt, but he's behind as the round ends.

Round 2 - Uriah presses forward to open, and it looks like he's ready to pick up the pace. Dylan does take the center again, but he's struggling to be first to the punch. Uriah flashes a crisp jab and impressive kicks at all levels. A front kick pushes Dylan to the floor, and he's slow to rise. Uriah's work seems to be adding up. Jon Jones begs for Dylan to explode, but he's bleeding from the power of Uriah's stiff jab. Halfway into the round, Dylan finally gets inside and scores a takedown. Uriah immediately turns to the side and tries to work in a kimura. Dylan defends well as Uriah stays latched to the arm. Uriah finally gets the limb out and extended as Dylan punches away with his other hand. Dylan gets his arm back inside briefly, and Uriah finally lets it go. Working from his back, Uriah tees off with punches. Dylan is hurt, and even though he's on top, he basically covers up. Uriah feels it and rolls him over, unleashing a barrage of punches that ends the fight.

Uriah Hall def. Dylan Andrews via TKO (punches) - Round 2

read entire article...

4/9/13 5:52 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
WOOFticket
381 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

STICK IT. Phone Post
4/9/13 6:03 PM
Lahzerous
268 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dmf8rZfGTKQ

4/9/13 6:04 PM
TEX4N
272 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

N dis bitch ! Phone Post 3.0
4/9/13 6:08 PM
WOOFticket
381 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Ooooooohhhhsssshhhhiiiiiiiiiitttt Phone Post
4/9/13 6:09 PM
mmavixen
1111 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Lahzerous - 

VTFU Team Darkside!!!!

4/9/13 6:13 PM
mchase126
3 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Calling this shit right NOW...

Dylan Andrews with the upset, via grinding decision, and Samman via 2nd round TKO. Phone Post
4/9/13 6:14 PM
xXJayRobXx
23 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Fuck what a great season. See what happens when they get skilled competitors who want it enough to leave it all in the cage. Next season I really hope they give a six figure contract and $100,000 grand prize and $50,000 finalist prize. Phone Post 3.0
4/9/13 6:28 PM
sacuma
12 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Team Darkside!!!
4/9/13 6:39 PM
Passive Jay
1841 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I saw the episode early!

4/9/13 6:41 PM
Malvert the Janitor
878 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

mmavixen -
Lahzerous - 

VTFU Team Darkside!!!!

Eddie!!!! Phone Post 3.0
4/9/13 6:42 PM
TheCrow13
79 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Passive Jay - 

I saw the episode early!

And the results are pleasing?

4/9/13 6:43 PM
Public got Bigg Riggd
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

mchase126 - Calling this shit right NOW...

Dylan Andrews with the upset, via grinding decision, and Samman via 2nd round TKO. Phone Post
Um uriah is in the winner Phone Post
4/9/13 6:44 PM
JamesDean57
31 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Can't wait!
4/9/13 6:48 PM
Aleck911
12 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

"The season finale of the seventh episode of the Ultimate Fighter airs tonight on F at 9:00 PM"
You fuckers need a better editor Phone Post 3.0
4/9/13 6:53 PM
Jack_Bauer
80 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

mchase126 -  Calling this shit right NOW...

Wrong and wrong.

Uriah by TKO and Kelvin by TKO.

All-Darkside Final.

4/9/13 7:03 PM
SlipSlap
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Jack_Bauer -

Wrong and wrong.

All-Darkside Final.

Kelvin....? By TKO? You sir have balls. I like balls. Wait what??

But seriously I like Kelvin but I think Josh will overwhelm him. Phone Post
4/9/13 7:05 PM
John M
253 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Well we already know Uriah is going through. Dana said the TUF beast sent 4 dudes to the hospital in four fights, and none of the remaining guys have sent more than 1 I think. Uriah sent Andy Enz after he broke his arm, Cella and Bubba need no explanation. Dylan is the fourth.

On the other fight, I think it comes down to whether Kelvin can control Josh, and how well he handles the reach disadvantage.
4/9/13 7:08 PM
Passive Jay
1841 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I won't post spoilers but if someone wants to know PM me and I will tell you the results Phone Post
4/9/13 7:20 PM
UGCTT_ForeverOwnedByFryedTakayama
129 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Let's go team darkside Phone Post
4/9/13 7:21 PM
UGCTT_ForeverOwnedByFryedTakayama
129 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Passive Jay - I won't post spoilers but if someone wants to know PM me and I will tell you the results Phone Post
I think we all know. How about you post all the fights minus the finals Phone Post
4/9/13 7:38 PM
mchase126
3 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Jack_Bauer -

Wrong and wrong.

All-Darkside Final.

I will concede this as the only other option...

The finale poster said it all. Phone Post
4/9/13 8:05 PM
Passive Jay

UGCTT_ForeverOwnedByFryedTakayama - 
Passive Jay - I won't post spoilers but if someone wants to know PM me and I will tell you the results Phone Post
I think we all know. How about you post all the fights minus the finals Phone Post

I cant say anything either way, i dont want to spoil it!

4/9/13 8:12 PM
JamesDean57
31 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Passive Jay - 
UGCTT_ForeverOwnedByFryedTakayama - 

I cant say anything either way, i dont want to spoil it!

Please don't!
4/9/13 8:13 PM
John M
253 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

mchase126 - 
Jack_Bauer -

Wrong and wrong.

All-Darkside Final.

I will concede this as the only other option...

The finale poster said it all. Phone Post

Wow, I didn't think about the poster that way. Maybe you're right and it is Kelvin and Uriah....

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.