UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Mitrione is 7-2, earns 12,000, what motivation...

4/9/13 7:22 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
ChaosOverkill
461 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 04/09/13 7:31 PM

Does he have to not do any interviews and market himself in between fights? Regardless of what you think of his comments, he and Mark Hunt who earns 6000 for example earn less than ECHL Hockey players fighting twice a year as a base salary.

And put aside Dana's secret backdoor bonuses cause there's no guarantees on those.

If you want corporate loyalty and "No comment" like the NFL guys give on concussions and stuff that affects their livelihood pay them properly. Leonard Garcia earns more than these two combined in one fight. 

SINCE WE ALREADY HAVE ONE IDIOT WHO CAN'T READ: THis is in response to Dana wanting fighters to keep quiet when having no fight coming up, NOT about specifically Mitrione's comments, clearly Dana doesn't want guys not at Rousey's level of notoreity to speak when asked a question.

4/9/13 7:23 PM
ChaosOverkill
461 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 04/09/13 7:24 PM

ANd don';t say "Win and it'll take care of you or get bonuses" because Mitrione just knocked out a guy in less than 30 seconds and was never going to get a bonus while Mcgregor did what he did so it's patently flase.

4/9/13 7:25 PM
ChaosOverkill

Edited: 04/09/13 7:25 PM

and yes I know he earned 24,000 for wininng but he's also c oming off two losses where he earned 22,00 over the course of 14 months, how does that make a fighter want to suck the companies dick?

And him and Hunt aren't the only two, there's probably over a 100 guys with their record and fight ethic that earn peanuts.

4/9/13 7:30 PM
ChaosOverkill

Ten eight round -  I see you have a lot on your mind, i'll jist leave you to go insane...

But also, OP is dumb. Promoting yourself by speaking about a transgender fighter who has nothing to do with you, your sponsers or your company is completely retarded. It wasn't necessary, ever. Phone Post

I'm talkinga bout Dana blanketing the fighters doing interviews while not having a fight coming up, READ BETTER.

Not Mitriones' specific comments

4/9/13 7:31 PM
Anderson's BBC in my Goku
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

yeah..i dont understand why dana was bashing meathead for doing interviews after a fight...shouldnt they be encouraged to be in the public all the time if possible?

4/9/13 7:35 PM
ChaosOverkill

Edited: 04/09/13 7:35 PM
Anderson's BBC in my Goku - 

yeah..i dont understand why dana was bashing meathead for doing interviews after a fight...shouldnt they be encouraged to be in the public all the time if possible?

This, what Mitrion said was dumb in the PC world of today but WHAT HE WAS DOING should not be a problem to Dana and the rest of the UFC brass, to expect a guy paid less than Minor league baseball players to shut down and do nothing in between fights is fucking ludicrous

4/9/13 7:37 PM
ChaosOverkill

Othello - They give out $$ to fighters that best use social media to promote themselves. That seems like encouragement to me.

Oh so, typing is really how you put the whole personality package together? Typing is how you get paid for interviews? Typing gets you endorsements and analyst gigs and special promos on shows and all that?

No, the twitter thing is a drop in the bucket for lazy people.

4/9/13 7:38 PM
ChaosOverkill

Edited: 04/09/13 7:38 PM

And the Twitter bonus really makes the salaries on par with even minor league sports? Ya right gimme a break.

4/9/13 7:39 PM
OuTkAsTTTTT69

I agree I will anyone you are if you're not talking between fights Phone Post
4/9/13 7:40 PM
ChaosOverkill

If Chael stuck to Twitter between fights he would not have nearly the notoriety he has, and he has said some HENIOUS shit about Brazil and gotten away with it because Brazil isn't the USA

4/9/13 7:40 PM
I LOVE GSP

Anderson's BBC in my Goku - 

if they did that then people might remember them by name and follow them to other organizations after they get cut. the UFC wants their name to be bigger than any fighter, the funny thing is now that the UFC name is bigger than any fighter the ppvs have gone down in sales, now that they have no Liddels or Cotoures.

seems pretty fucking stupid to not want the fighters to help promote your product, how well do they think GSP DIAZ would have done without Diaz spouting every stupid thought that comes into his head to anyone who would listen?
4/9/13 7:42 PM
cheesesteak
227 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

But but but in the the the lokcer room teh UFC gives him 150K and a new camaro right??????
4/9/13 7:42 PM
buddie
232 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

If I fought in the UFC, I'd have my nephew post on Twitter for me. Just write things like "saw a kewl movie" and "luv my fanz." Shit like that. Mindless, thoughtless junk.

Its like nothing was learned nothing from Muhammad Ali being suspended 3 years for refusing induction to the military.

That was the commission's decision, but it is widely regarded as a mistake by everyone involved. Ali was the biggest name in boxing and by not licensing him when there was all the controversy they lost big $ and the prime years of Ali's career.
4/9/13 7:43 PM
ChaosOverkill

Doctor NPD - Hunt makes more than $6000. When that was reported, the author came out and stated that Hunt's pay wasn't announced so he went with the minimum UFC standard. Just for clarification.

That being said, every fighter in MMA is criminally underpaid compared to every other sport's athletes. Or every other athlete is overpaid. Whichever you see fit, I suppose. It's a shame that UFC fighters have to worry about so many sponsors and scheduling media appearances to earn extra cash and then completely moderate themselves during interviews to avoid pissing off "the boss."

I wish MMA was ran like boxing in the sense that each fighter has their own agents/representatives rather than being employed under an organization like the UFC. In boxing, the Dana White figures work for the boxers. In MMA, it's the exact opposite.

THis and I forgot about Hunt being reported wrong but I'm sure if he's still "Finishing up the PRide contract" it's criminally low as you say.

4/9/13 7:48 PM
ChaosOverkill

ALl Dana had to say was what opther people have written in other threads.

We regret what Matt said, it does not represent the view of the UFC bla bla bla. But no Captain Overreactor has to take a chain saw into brain surgery when there's a problem with the company.

Build some loyalty with your employees who don't drive maseratis Dana then ask for silence.

4/9/13 7:48 PM
Malvert the Janitor
809 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I agree with much of the OP but Meathead could be "promoting himself" in more useful ways. Use the forum to call out a top contender, plug an upcoming appearance, announce an autograph signing...something that actually promotes him in a way that could actually put some coin in his pocket. Being seen and heard for it's own sake doesn't always have the desired outcome. Phone Post 3.0
4/9/13 7:49 PM
ChaosOverkill

Malvert the Janitor - I agree with much of the OP but Meathead could be "promoting himself" in more useful ways. Use the forum to call out a top contender, plug an upcoming appearance, announce an autograph signing...something that actually promotes him in a way that could actually put some coin in his pocket. Being seen and heard for it's own sake doesn't always have the desired outcome. Phone Post 3.0

Agreed, he should know by now Ariel is only looking for ratings and should not have done what he did.

4/9/13 7:51 PM
ChaosOverkill

And don't ask McCorkle for joke advice if he indeed did like McCorkle was joking about.

4/9/13 7:57 PM
Doc T
47 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

This man/chick fox person just needs to get out of mma and combat sports. Sick of hearing and seeing the name everywhere. Phone Post
4/9/13 7:57 PM
UGCTT_ Lay'n'PrayNINJA

Ten eight round - I see you have a lot on your mind, i'll jist leave you to go insane...

But also, OP is dumb. Promoting yourself by speaking about a transgender fighter who has nothing to do with you, your sponsers or your company is completely retarded. It wasn't necessary, ever. Phone Post
Right but promoting yourself by pretending you're the champ, lying about taking steroids, saying lance Armstrong gave himself cancer, and personally insulting legends of the sport like cro cop and nog is totally awesome!!! Phone Post
4/9/13 8:06 PM
ChaosOverkill

Ten eight round - 
ChaosOverkill -
Ten eight round -  I see you have a lot on your mind, i'll jist leave you to go insane...

I'm talkinga bout Dana blanketing the fighters doing interviews while not having a fight coming up, READ BETTER.

Not Mitriones' specific comments

But this whole situation wasn't because he gave an interview. Do you really think Dana cares that his fighters are promoting themselves between fights? No.

This all came because of the stupid shit Mitrione said. Every interview is based on what was said. He said the wrong thing.

Had he talked about MMA in general, UFC stuff, personal stuff, it'd be sweet.

However, he used his 'promotion' time to tread on a subject that really has no reason to be discussed by UFC fighters. Women fighters, sure, they have a reason to be up in arms. Not male fighters in the top company, in the public eye.

How was his interview ever going to have a positive result for him? Either people chukle and then forget who he is next week or they go after him, twist his words a bit and damage whatever repore he had with his boss, sponsers and fans. Dumb. Phone Post

Then why respond by attacking fighters talking between fights, clearly more than Mitrione is bothering him about fighters talking to reporters about whatever.

All Dana had to do was denounce what Mitrione did but as he wears his opinion on his sleeve he attacked EVERYONE who promotes themselves regardless of what Matt did.

4/9/13 8:46 PM
ChaosOverkill

No no fair enough I just wanted originally to make it clear it was Dana overreacting to what matt was doing at the time not what he said. I also think Dana is so tired of fielding questions about fighters comments especially since chapel ramped up the attacks a year ago, but you know what Dana suck it up you're paid to be face and answer the questions.
4/9/13 11:27 PM
MachidasBrew

FUCK YOU UFC QUIT LOWBALLING FIGHTERS YOU FUCKS. Phone Post 3.0
4/9/13 11:39 PM
ChaosOverkill

Ten eight round -  Did we just become best friends?

Because if not this celebration cake is wasted Phone Post

lol

4/9/13 11:43 PM
MT11

ChaosOverkill -

If Chael stuck to Twitter between fights he would not have nearly the notoriety he has, and he has said some HENIOUS shit about Brazil and gotten away with it because Brazil isn't the USA

Right that's where the UFC is. Did I miss something? Phone Post 3.0

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.