UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> MIr: I put people in the hospital

4/9/13 9:01 PM
Ignore | Vote Down | Vote Up
Underground Blog
1127 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MixedMartialArts.com

This isn't the first time Mir has been overlooked. For a man still grinding through his early thirties, Mir has navigated a career filled with an unnatural number of impressive ups and cruel downs. It's afforded him a sense of calm in the face of pressure. In his head, Mir understands exactly what Cormier is angling towards.

"It's name recognition. It's like Stephan Bonnar stepping in against Anderson Silva," he explained. "Who doesn't take the fight? The lowest ranked guy will take the fight instantly. The only person who has anything to lose is Anderson, because if he loses to somebody, he loses stock.

"I think he has kind of a false sense of security [after] fighting against Josh [Barnett]. You know, he feels like, ‘Well, Josh caught me and couldn't finish me.' Barnett's a great grappler, but he's not known for smashing people's limbs off. If I catch something, and it's close, I put people in the hospital. How many bones has Barnett broken? How many people has he put in the hospital?"

read entire article...

4/9/13 9:07 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
talent 999
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 04/09/13 9:09 PM
and they put you back<br /> but good luck
4/9/13 9:18 PM
FunDeath4u

Mir always has a chance.
4/9/13 9:20 PM
Xavier Wolfe

Love Mir. Something good always happens in his fights. Phone Post 3.0
4/9/13 9:29 PM
12SixElbow
618 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Always been a Frank Mir fan, always will be.

Frank's last 9 fights have been against killers, not an easy one in the bunch.

Daniel has beaten 2 guys worth talking about (3 if you want to argue)

Anyone counting Frank out is completely crazy.

4/9/13 9:30 PM
NJstileNJ
2 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Haha Mir is fuckin evil... A real throwback to before mma became a bunch of dorks trying to impress chicks Phone Post 3.0
4/9/13 9:31 PM
DoomFarmer

Cormier, Rd 2. Phone Post
4/9/13 9:35 PM
Kick Boxe
80 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

why are these articles and not videos, what year is this?

4/9/13 9:36 PM
TheCrow13
78 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I FINISH FIGHTS.... Remember how that ended up? These bold sentences always have a way of reversing themselves Phone Post 3.0
4/9/13 9:47 PM
BRZ

NJstileNJ - Haha Mir is fuckin evil... A real throwback to before mma became a bunch of dorks trying to impress chicks Phone Post 3.0
Mir is the devil Phone Post 3.0
4/9/13 10:32 PM
YOURDADDYDEVILANDLORD

He is right, he has many visitors when large wrestlers with heavy hands put him in the hospital.
4/9/13 10:40 PM
hogh20

Mir might be my favorite fighter. Dude just doesn't care. Cormier better look out. Seems like everytime people are ready to put Mir down and out in his career, he makes a comeback. He was done after Ian Freeman, then he was done after his motorcycle wreck. He was done after Cruz and Vera KOd him and he was done after Brock and Shane smashed him. Every time, he put together an impressive string of victories. Now people are saying he is done after JDS KOd him. It is hard to judge Cormier on such a small amount of fights against decent opponents.
4/9/13 10:40 PM
rockafella

More like when Mir fights someone ends up in the hospital. More then half the time it's him.
4/9/13 10:47 PM
UGCTT_granite007
111 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

It is Frank... And he does put people in the hospital... But, his kryptonite is obviously wrestlers. Daniel is a bad match up for Frank.

A bad match up.

Anything is possible in this whacky sport, though.

4/9/13 10:51 PM
WOOFticket
374 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

frank mir thinks he's uriah hall. Lol jk jk Phone Post
4/9/13 10:57 PM
Ep32nv
46 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Kick Boxe -

why are these articles and not videos, what year is this?

Exactly. Phone Post 3.0
4/10/13 12:21 AM
hogh20

Sunzoo - Frank Mir fights are always exciting. Minus the cro cop fight of course. Phone Post 3.0

Sadly, yes. Frank is my favorite fighter and even I fell asleep during that one.
4/10/13 1:10 AM
fightharder
14 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Mir is a great fighter but he should tone down the talking a little. Cormier is strong is the area's where Mir is rather weak.

I know you have to sell a fight but modesty is free and earns you a lot of sympathy points. Phone Post 3.0
4/10/13 1:43 AM
Poonug
15 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I got hard when he started talking about Barnett.

Mir vs the Warmaster must happen. It simply must. Phone Post 3.0
4/10/13 1:48 AM
AllAmericanBoxing
181 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Poonug - I got hard when he started talking about Barnett.

Mir vs the Warmaster must happen. It simply must. Phone Post 3.0
BEEP Phone Post
4/10/13 1:51 AM
mofomike
189 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Mir > Fedor.

4/10/13 2:35 AM
Fattiecorpuscle
49 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

hogh20 - Mir might be my favorite fighter. Dude just doesn't care. Cormier better look out. Seems like everytime people are ready to put Mir down and out in his career, he makes a comeback. He was done after Ian Freeman, then he was done after his motorcycle wreck. He was done after Cruz and Vera KOd him and he was done after Brock and Shane smashed him. Every time, he put together an impressive string of victories. Now people are saying he is done after JDS KOd him. It is hard to judge Cormier on such a small amount of fights against decent opponents.
This.

Frank will never go away and stay away, and I wouldn't have it any other way. He's fascinating to watch on the ground, and when he gets his ass kicked, it gets kicked all the way. His fights are always entertaining, win or lose, minus the Cro Cop fight, which has already been mentioned. Phone Post
4/10/13 2:37 AM
knuckleballs

I am hoping for a good fight, but I would be shocked if he had anything for Fedor 2.0.
4/10/13 2:38 AM
Global Shield
24 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

12SixElbow -

Always been a Frank Mir fan, always will be.

Frank's last 9 fights have been against killers, not an easy one in the bunch.

Daniel has beaten 2 guys worth talking about (3 if you want to argue)

Anyone counting Frank out is completely crazy.

This. Phone Post
4/10/13 2:45 AM
Diesel67
6 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

NJstileNJ - Haha Mir is fuckin evil... A real throwback to before mma became a bunch of dorks trying to impress chicks Phone Post 3.0

Chicks oughta be impressed by a macho dude putting foes in the hospital.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.