UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Jones: Chael's mouth doesn't bother me at all

4/9/13 9:06 PM
Ignore | Vote Down | Vote Up
Underground Blog
1295 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MixedMartialArts.com

"Chael's [mouth] doesn't bother me at all," the UFC light heavyweight champion assured MMAFighting.com. "I think if I was to take it personal, if I wasn't to understand it, it would bother me. But I have a pretty clear understanding of who Chael is, what he's accomplished, and my understanding kind of takes the power away from his words and his persona.

"You can see that the talk has picked up a little bit. But Chael is in the ‘promote fight' business. I guess that's how he got in this situation in the first place. I'm in the ‘remain champion' business. So, I'm excited. I'm excited to go out there and do what I do best, and that's win championships."

Despite the pair's time together, Jones isn't blind. He understood from day one what this match-up entailed.

Sonnen, the ultimate marketing machine, received an instant title shot in a completely different division, just months after crumbling to a Silva second-round TKO.

"It's definitely safe to say this is one of those fights that's for the fans," Jones freely admitted. "Chael doesn't have the greatest record, but he has a huge following. He's a statement maker, and people like to see him compete."

read entire article...

4/9/13 9:14 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
DoomFarmer
43 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Zzzzzzz.

Go to HW Phone Post
4/9/13 9:23 PM
raags
71 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Beep
4/9/13 9:33 PM
sambrincat
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

No one understands just how good Jon Jones wresting is. But it's not long now till we all find out. Phone Post 3.0
4/9/13 11:39 PM
ranier wolfcastle
1208 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

was chael bothered by jones dancing in front of the mirror in his harley leather jacket?

4/9/13 11:40 PM
WilsonBeatMySkinRed
22 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

ranier wolfcastle - 

was chael bothered by jones dancing in front of the mirror in his harley leather jacket?

If Chael wasn't, I sure as shit was.
4/10/13 9:50 AM
SecondBase
30 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Why would it bother him...this is an easy fight for JBJ.
4/10/13 10:36 AM
6ULDV8
45 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Both of these men were bosses on TUF this year and it made for the best season ever.

Huge props to both men.  They really looked out for their guys, did a great job, and showed the world what champion material is.

They're role models and I look forward to their fight.  

The TUF contestants this season had a couple of great mentors as coaches.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.