UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> White: Mitrione, what was the point?

4/9/13 9:10 PM
Ignore | Vote Down | Vote Up
Underground Blog
1295 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MixedMartialArts.com

"It's one of those things, it's just a pain in the ass, you know what I mean?" White said. "First of all, he didn't even need to be doing an interview. And I'm going to talk to these guys. I'm going to talk to these guys. The only time these guys really need to be doing interviews is leading up to fights. You know? It ended up being a nightmare for him."

That's open to debate, since, after all, scores of fighters have done interviews after their fights over the years without causing themselves or their company any problems. But White does recognize that Mitrione's damage was self-inflicted.

"What was the point of that interview?" White continued. "There was no point in it. Now it's caused him a bunch of headaches and problems. It's caused us a bunch of headaches and problems for no reason whatsoever."

"He had just fought. He wouldn't fight again for another few months and he's still over there enjoying himself in Sweden, what was the point in doing that interview? What was the upside in that interview? There was none. No upside."

read entire article...

4/9/13 9:12 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
talent 999
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

that he is not a women
4/9/13 9:16 PM
3 Sided Square
520 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

talent 999 - that he is not a women
What about just a woman? Phone Post
4/9/13 9:17 PM
JediJitsu
34 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I knew this would be the demise of Helwani. I wouldn't be surprised if Dana prohibited fighters from being interviewed by him, knowing Ariel's dramatic tactics. Phone Post 3.0
4/9/13 9:21 PM
12SixElbow
626 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

So white wants no fighters to do Media after a fight?

Why do after fight press confrences?

Doing a post fight interview seems to make complete sense to me.

Agnt

I mean everyone is entitled to their own opinion. And I believe that Mitrione has a point to his rant. Fallon Fox IS fighting women when he has been a man for 31 YEARS and the whole body structure is that of a man. Even with only 6 years of treatment, that isn't enough to change your sex imo.
canofsticks
94 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

This is really the most annoyed I've been at Dana. I'e been cool with his handling of past shenanigans (miguel torres, for one), but this is just a real mind fuck.

Fighters shouldn't do interviews unless fighting? WHAT THE HELL IS GOING ON HERE? FUCK THIS GHEY EARTH.

4/9/13 9:25 PM
HexRei

Doctor NPD - How dare Mitrione comment on a controversial topic involving the sport he participates in!

It was really the nature of the comment. I don't think Dana would have cared at all if he hadn't worded it the way he did.
4/9/13 9:31 PM
Kinkle

"what was the point?"

Wow come on Dana... People could've asked YOU this question a million times.

Do as I say not as I do. Phone Post 3.0
4/9/13 9:32 PM
talent 999

3 Sided Square - 
talent 999 - that he is not a women
What about just a woman? Phone Post

yeah that to
4/9/13 9:35 PM
Lehman

HexRei -
Doctor NPD - How dare Mitrione comment on a controversial topic involving the sport he participates in!

It was really the nature of the comment. I don't think Dana would have cared at all if he hadn't worded it the way he did.
Shame on him for following Dana's example. Perhaps he should be a better leader Phone Post 3.0
4/9/13 9:37 PM
HexRei

Lehman - 
HexRei -

Shame on him for following Dana's example. Perhaps he should be a better leader Phone Post 3.0

Dana's had to apologize before. However its not like he's gonna suspend himself.
4/9/13 9:52 PM
SRTGEO

Dana White needs to lead by example. He can't go with the do as I say not as I do mentality.
4/9/13 9:58 PM
Lehman

HexRei -
Lehman - 
HexRei -

Dana's had to apologize before. However its not like he's gonna suspend himself.
So it's okay for him to just say sorry, but fighters have to lose money? Phone Post 3.0
4/9/13 10:03 PM
HexRei

Lehman - 
HexRei -
Lehman - 
HexRei -

So it's okay for him to just say sorry, but fighters have to lose money? Phone Post 3.0

Well one's a part owner while the other's a contracted employee...
4/9/13 10:03 PM
inf0
334 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

lol.. listen to the last 3 minutes of this
Dana Whites Fight Night 18 video blog - Watch More Funny Videos

4/9/13 10:05 PM
inf0
334 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

starts at 4:30

4/9/13 10:22 PM
UGCTT Captain America
323 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The Mitrione Minute is one of the reasons I'm a fan of Matt's, that might be the reason. Phone Post 3.0
4/9/13 10:26 PM
Public got Bigg Riggd

Stay black Phone Post 3.0
4/9/13 10:38 PM
Beezulbubba
29 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Dana should grow some balls, and have his back. You'd think with all the T he puts in, he'd be a man.
4/9/13 10:47 PM
Soul Gravy

Dana is a punk, business as usual.
4/9/13 11:01 PM
UGCTT_granite007
138 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Dana is correct. There is a reason why agents  keep their guys away from "sideshow" interviews.

We all know they are for fun. But, the media clings on to this shit and they don't let go. Nothing but problems.

4/9/13 11:04 PM
Sippi Boy
62 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Lol @ anyone who defends fox. Especially Dana becoming a pc ghey boy and mitrione gettin suspended. All of this just reeks of the further pussification of America Phone Post 3.0
4/9/13 11:13 PM
Carl Sonnen

"what was the point in doing that interview? What was the upside in that interview? There was none. No upside."

There was for Ariel, Dana. That is how he gets publicity, by baiting your fighters into saying things that will get them in trouble. Hmm, maybe you shouldn't let them talk to Ariel Helwani...
4/10/13 12:17 AM
steve sandstrom
18 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Agnt - I mean everyone is entitled to their own opinion. And I believe that Mitrione has a point to his rant. Fallon Fox IS fighting women when he has been a man for 31 YEARS and the whole body structure is that of a man. Even with only 6 years of treatment, that isn't enough to change your sex imo.
Exactly how many years of treatment would it take? Phone Post 3.0

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.