UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Nate Diaz manager now Mike Kogan, not Cesar Gracie

4/9/13 11:34 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
HexRei
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Wat?

http://www.mmamania.com/2013/4/9/4207518/report-nate-diaz-manager-mike-kogan-cesar-gracie-ufc

Former UFC lightweight title challenger Nate Diaz has reportedly tapped Mike Kogan to manage his mixed martial arts (MMA) affairs instead of longtime mentor Cesar Gracie.

It appears Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) lightweight title challenger Nate Diaz has ended a significant part of his mixed martial arts (MMA) relationship with famed trainer Cesar Gracie.

According to a report from Ariel Helwani on Tuesday's (April 9, 2013) edition of "UFC Tonight" on FUEL TV, the Stockton, Calif., native has enlisted the management services of Mike Kogan, who heads Real Talk Entertainment, representing notable names such as UFC heavyweight Roy Nelson and former Strikeforce light heavyweight champion Muhammed Lawal, among others.

Even though The Ultimate Fighter (TUF) 5 winner has found new MMA management, Diaz will still train under Gracie alongside the likes of his brother Nick Diaz, former Strikeforce lightweight champion Gilbert Melendez, former UFC welterweight title challenger Jake Shields and the rest of the tight crew.

UFC President Dana White stated last month that he believes Gracie is a good trainer; however, he plays "(expletive) games" as a manager. It's unknown if White's comments factored in to Diaz's decision to seek new management.

Helwani stated on "UFC Tonight" that Gracie nor Kogan would comment on the report, but sources close to the situation were able to confirm the news is indeed true.

Diaz is next scheduled to compete at UFC on Fox 7: "Henderson vs. Melendez" on April 20, 2013, when he takes on former Strikeforce lightweight champion Josh Thomson at the HP Pavilion in San Jose, California.
4/9/13 11:37 PM
ChaosOverkill
523 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Good, after the 155 lb screw up I'd move on too

4/9/13 11:42 PM
Saxonn

Sunzoo - Seems like a smart move, maybe the rest of the camp will take note. Phone Post 3.0

Already posted this thread albeit in lesser detail. Your right maybe the rest of the camp will take note but I wouldn't say Mike Kogan is the way to go...I'd say the complete opposite.
4/9/13 11:42 PM
KZTT_FawkingxD
113 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

sweet! forget Caesar Gracie, he doesn't even corner his fighters.  Usually its Nick/Nate, Gilbert and their boxing coach usually. 

I wonder what Caezar actually does to contribute to the team other than his name.  Not trying to diss the BJJ world champ but his methods are so suspect, and the way he's been attacking people and their camp has been sueing doesn't help to contribute to his name or value.  I really hope their new manager does well for Nate and hopefully the rest of the camp so they can rise again (hope their fans dont! JK) but REAL GOOD move for the younger Diaz bro.

4/9/13 11:48 PM
vaginal tear
114 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Shit just got real in the 209. Phone Post 3.0
4/9/13 11:52 PM
UGCTT_granite007
113 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Things do seem to be getting real in the 209. But, I want to hear it from Nate.

4/9/13 11:53 PM
GayGuardMooseSaucy
457 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Good, I've always thought Cesar was a douche and shitty manager. Managers and Trainers should NOT be the same person

4/9/13 11:59 PM
fightharder
14 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

This have been coming for a long time. Guess it is save to say that all the "retirement" plans are in hold again.

Anyways lets see if Kogan can get some traction out of Diaz brand. Phone Post 3.0
4/10/13 12:01 AM
ohpossum
36 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Saxonn -
Sunzoo - Seems like a smart move, maybe the rest of the camp will take note. Phone Post 3.0

Already posted this thread albeit in lesser detail. Your right maybe the rest of the camp will take note but I wouldn't say Mike Kogan is the way to go...I'd say the complete opposite.
This lol. The Kogan's have terrible reputations Phone Post 3.0
4/10/13 12:29 AM
iant
4 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

GayGuardMooseSaucy -

Good, I've always thought Cesar was a douche and shitty manager. Managers and Trainers should NOT be the same person

This Phone Post 3.0
4/10/13 12:52 AM
Condit's Face Broke My Hand
546 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Not sure if I like Kogan but he can't be worse than Cesar Phone Post
4/10/13 1:23 AM
YVES JOCKSTRAP
137 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Kogan is a tool Phone Post 3.0
4/10/13 1:24 AM
Ceelo
8 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Do tell some kogan stories

4/10/13 1:28 AM
mclay
61 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Hmm Phone Post 3.0
4/10/13 1:33 AM
mcgoogle66
33 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

In Phone Post
4/10/13 1:37 AM
Porkchop

front page says Nick in the part under the picture.
4/10/13 1:41 AM
chaplinshouse
716 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

and so it begins...  

BOUT DAMN TIME that guy didn't do shit for his money.  He's not even a good mma coach, just a good BJJ guy.  

4/10/13 2:24 AM
MarkRobinson
1203 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Interesting/

Looking forward to hearing more details Phone Post
4/10/13 2:51 AM
Humboldt
66 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

KZTT_FawkingxD -

sweet! forget Caesar Gracie, he doesn't even corner his fighters.  Usually its Nick/Nate, Gilbert and their boxing coach usually. 

I wonder what Caezar actually does to contribute to the team other than his name.  Not trying to diss the BJJ world champ but his methods are so suspect, and the way he's been attacking people and their camp has been sueing doesn't help to contribute to his name or value.  I really hope their new manager does well for Nate and hopefully the rest of the camp so they can rise again (hope their fans dont! JK) but REAL GOOD move for the younger Diaz bro.

David Terrell
Jake Shields
Nick Diaz
Gilbert Melendez
Nate Diaz

I don't "know" Cesar. But I really like his resume.

Can't comment on him as a manager, but as a trainer...he has helped these young men become champions. Before they became fathers, or businessmen, or even "men".

Good work Cesar. Phone Post 3.0
4/10/13 7:38 AM
KZTT_FawkingxD

NotImpressedByYourScreenName -
KZTT_FawkingxD -

Cesar is a BJJ world champ? Phone Post 3.0
Think so? Phone Post 3.0
4/10/13 9:50 AM
Aaron Becker

GreatCornholio - Cesar did get his guys title fights Phone Post 3.0

Nate deserved his title fight and Nicks mouth got him his title fight
4/10/13 10:10 AM
Ingrained Media
185 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Ingrained Media, President
Mike Kogan would be replacing Joh Fosco of VFD Elite. Diaz was trained by Ceasar, represented by VFD Elite.
4/10/13 10:51 AM
GayGuardMooseSaucy
457 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

GreatCornholio - Cesar did get his guys title fights Phone Post 3.0
Cesar didn't get them any of them

Nick lost his original, got the interim because GSP got hurt and Diaz was clearly a top contender.

Nick got his 2nd title fight because GSP asked for it and because Dana knew he only had so much time to make the money fight he'd been trying to make

Nate beat 3 guys (2 of which were top 10 and contenders) in dominate fashion, his run was the epitome of earning your shot

Jake was undefeated for like 6 years, Beat the #2 MW in the world, even won a tough tune up fight, absolutely earned it

Gilbert is definitely a top 5 guy (as much as I think he's overrated) on a nice streak, Pettis at FW helps Gil cause I'd say he's the clear contender in the division. I mean fuck the UFC was gonna give Alvarez an immediate title shot.....Gil is much more deserving

So other than Nick, Cesar's guys earned it fair and square. They're all talented and would do well regardless of where they trained (they'd actually do better at other camps IMO) Phone Post 3.0
4/10/13 1:00 PM
dan black
11 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

lol if you guys only knew...
4/10/13 1:10 PM
Tat2tillidie
365 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

dan black - lol if you guys only knew...
Do tell Phone Post 3.0

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.