UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Am I the only one not on the Hall train?

4/10/13 3:37 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
JacT
73 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

He had 2 good knockouts in the house and in the 3rd fight (semi finals) the dude literally did nothing against hall in the 1st. When he finally took Hall down in the 2nd hall looked very poor. He finally started to punch because he didn't know how to finish a kimura, and the ozzy kept his head in the same spot to get hit.

I hope in the finals we get to see if he can hang on the ground. If he can, I'll be impressed and a fan.

I have a feeling he might be a Check Kongo, looks good but shouldn't be there. Or the opposite of Brock Lesnar, can wrassle but you punch him once and he crumbles.

JacT Phone Post
4/10/13 5:56 PM
JacT
73 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I guess I am the only one.

JacT Phone Post
4/10/13 5:58 PM
Flyers179
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The hype is a little strong but if he gets in some good training we've all seen vast improvements in guys over their TUF performances.

The bottom line is he shows promise. It means that the potential is there.
4/10/13 6:00 PM
FreakDaddy
149 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I think he is good, but I also think he had favorable matchups in the tournament.......So he could be over valued......I look forward to seeing him fight a very good ground fighter in the UFC.....That will answer some questions (for me anyways).
4/10/13 6:02 PM
FatFrenchFry
110 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Definitely talented, but WAY overhyped based on his TUF performances.
Someone on a PC should hunt down his non-TUF fights and post them. Has he faced any decent guys apart from Chris and costa? Phone Post
4/10/13 6:06 PM
NastyNate420
35 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Great standup, but I would like to see him against some good wrestlers, I actually think Kelvin has a great chance in this fight Sat if he can take Uriah down.
4/10/13 6:09 PM
Bucephalus

No, you're not the only one. Seems like a nice guy but this is a classic example of fans hyping someone so much I want to see them lose just to shut up the irritating fans.
4/10/13 6:10 PM
TuLegit

He's definitely a legit mw but I think kelvin has the skills to beat him. Phone Post 3.0
4/10/13 6:12 PM
MrMead
126 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

NastyNate420 - Great standup, but I would like to see him against some good wrestlers, I actually think Kelvin has a great chance in this fight Sat if he can take Uriah down.

I agree with wanting to see him against a top wrestler, but think he is pretty legit. I think the biggest thing Hall needs is the right coach to put him in the mindset that Chael did during TUF. We all saw how he is in his head too much and has some issues with confidence in general. The right camp will make this guy into a star. If I was him, would go train with Chael full time.
4/10/13 6:27 PM
Donoghue88
140 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

What else could he have done?
4/10/13 6:32 PM
FatFrenchFry
110 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Donoghue88 - What else could he have done?
Been involved in wars, involving him showing heart, a chin, awesome grappling, cardio, or at least some incredible takedown defense.
Don't get me wrong, I'm NOT saying that hell never be champ, an awesome fighter, yada yada. Just that he is overhyped judging from what we saw on TUF. Phone Post
4/10/13 6:37 PM
10er
13 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

FatFrenchFry - Definitely talented, but WAY overhyped based on his TUF performances.
Someone on a PC should hunt down his non-TUF fights and post them. Has he faced any decent guys apart from Chris and costa? Phone Post
Fans aren't the source if the overhype - we've got Dana saying he's the scariest guy on TUF ever, while Sonnen says he's already good enough to beat everyone in the UFC MW division... Including Silva! Phone Post
4/10/13 6:46 PM
MMAjustice

FatFrenchFry - 
Been involved in wars, involving him showing heart, a chin, awesome grappling, cardio, or at least some incredible takedown defense.
Don't get me wrong, I'm NOT saying that hell never be champ, an awesome fighter, yada yada. Just that he is overhyped judging from what we saw on TUF. Phone Post

This is dumb...

HE went out and literally destroyed guys on TUF.
4/10/13 7:36 PM
HeHitsMeBecauseHeLovesMe

The hype is fucking crazy. People are already talking about matching him up with top 5 fighters. Phone Post
4/10/13 7:46 PM
krizogg
2 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I was until Dana wouldn't stop ejaculating about him. Phone Post 3.0
4/10/13 7:50 PM
RollHighAllDay
2 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

duckhuntgangsta - Please explain to me how to finish a Kimora when in someone's half guard. Phone Post 3.0
It's easy, but you have to abandon half guard. It's just like Mir vs noguiera. Phone Post
4/10/13 8:00 PM
the geek
210 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

FatFrenchFry -
So he should have intentionally made his fights more difficult on just to prove how well rounded he is? Phone Post 3.0
4/10/13 8:10 PM
Condit's Face Broke My Hand
562 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I think he's very good and will be top 10, but based on what on what I've seen there's no way he beats guys like Okami, Weidman, Munoz etc. Guys that will take him down and keep him there and can avoid submissions and advance position. Phone Post
4/10/13 8:11 PM
mchase126
3 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I don't disagree with you (in fact, I do think he is over-hyped and this season of TUF was strangely lacking in good wrestlers), but...

When he tried to crank the shoulder, he nearly gave up a pass to Dylan, so he sat back into position and abandoned the sub.

People really need to experience these things firsthand and pay attention before criticizing fighters and their technique. Phone Post
4/10/13 8:15 PM
TheRealMrBeefy

He is doing the great on TUF - it will be interesting to see how he does in the UFC, against stronger competition. They will likely start him off slow and build his name up before testing him in the top ten. He is displaying all of the right skills to make a big splash.

I agree that he is being over hyped a tad. Let the dude beat some top ten guys before proclaiming him the next champ.

He is good, but its waaaaay to early to say he is championship material. Especially with how stacked middleweight has been as of late...someone like Okami would probably grind him out like a piece of meat. Phone Post
4/10/13 8:24 PM
jacktripper

I'm slow to get on the hype train but so far he's done what a very good prospect would do vs the opponents put in front of him

But I believe kelvin will test him... Phone Post 3.0
4/10/13 8:32 PM
John M
265 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 04/10/13 8:42 PM
He'a a beast striker. Very few are going to outstrike him and he uses his reach very well, has dirty kicks and crazy speed and power. He's probably going to be stronger than most of the guys he faces and his wrestling is solid. When I've seen him on his back, he's threatened with subs every time. The guy's very good, but I think a true test would be someone like Okami, see how he does with a guy who will just grind you.<br /><br />Don't think Kelvin will be much of a test though, I see a first round KO tbh.
4/10/13 8:37 PM
JacT

duckhuntgangsta - Please explain to me how to finish a Kimora when in someone's half guard. Phone Post 3.0

First Vid I found:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=rdVWyYb61IM

The main componet is not to just use your arms against his, but to ROTATE your entire body. That way every part of your body is working against his one arm.

I watched like 10 seconds of that vid i posted, and he didn't seem to SAY it, but he DID it.

JacT
4/10/13 8:37 PM
Chromium

His striking is fucking crazy. That low-high kick thing he did is supposed to be a low feint but he connected with force on the low kick and segued right into a high kick on the same kick. He also lit up Dylan so badly from the bottom that he was able to roll him right over and sweep into full mount while barely doing anything because Dylan was rocked and covering up.

He has sickening power. His ground game is still a question mark, clearly.

However, I suspect if he wins on Saturday the way he's won his last three fights he'll get a middle-tier "name" like Nick Ring or something next and then get a relevant Top 15 opponent after that. Other than John Dodson, he's already looking like the best prospect to come out of TUF in a long-ass time.

4/10/13 8:39 PM
JacT

duckhuntgangsta - 
FatFrenchFry - 

THis has some truth. We haven't seen how he reacts under pressure or adversity.

Agreed. I am not saying he is a bad fighter at all, but we just can't tell YET.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.