UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Am I the only one not on the Hall train?

4/10/13 8:11 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
mchase126
3 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I don't disagree with you (in fact, I do think he is over-hyped and this season of TUF was strangely lacking in good wrestlers), but...

When he tried to crank the shoulder, he nearly gave up a pass to Dylan, so he sat back into position and abandoned the sub.

People really need to experience these things firsthand and pay attention before criticizing fighters and their technique. Phone Post
4/10/13 8:15 PM
TheRealMrBeefy
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

He is doing the great on TUF - it will be interesting to see how he does in the UFC, against stronger competition. They will likely start him off slow and build his name up before testing him in the top ten. He is displaying all of the right skills to make a big splash.

I agree that he is being over hyped a tad. Let the dude beat some top ten guys before proclaiming him the next champ.

He is good, but its waaaaay to early to say he is championship material. Especially with how stacked middleweight has been as of late...someone like Okami would probably grind him out like a piece of meat. Phone Post
4/10/13 8:24 PM
jacktripper

I'm slow to get on the hype train but so far he's done what a very good prospect would do vs the opponents put in front of him

But I believe kelvin will test him... Phone Post 3.0
4/10/13 8:32 PM
John M
206 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 04/10/13 8:42 PM
He'a a beast striker. Very few are going to outstrike him and he uses his reach very well, has dirty kicks and crazy speed and power. He's probably going to be stronger than most of the guys he faces and his wrestling is solid. When I've seen him on his back, he's threatened with subs every time. The guy's very good, but I think a true test would be someone like Okami, see how he does with a guy who will just grind you.<br /><br />Don't think Kelvin will be much of a test though, I see a first round KO tbh.
4/10/13 8:37 PM
JacT
36 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

duckhuntgangsta - Please explain to me how to finish a Kimora when in someone's half guard. Phone Post 3.0

First Vid I found:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=rdVWyYb61IM

The main componet is not to just use your arms against his, but to ROTATE your entire body. That way every part of your body is working against his one arm.

I watched like 10 seconds of that vid i posted, and he didn't seem to SAY it, but he DID it.

JacT
4/10/13 8:37 PM
Chromium
108 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

His striking is fucking crazy. That low-high kick thing he did is supposed to be a low feint but he connected with force on the low kick and segued right into a high kick on the same kick. He also lit up Dylan so badly from the bottom that he was able to roll him right over and sweep into full mount while barely doing anything because Dylan was rocked and covering up.

He has sickening power. His ground game is still a question mark, clearly.

However, I suspect if he wins on Saturday the way he's won his last three fights he'll get a middle-tier "name" like Nick Ring or something next and then get a relevant Top 15 opponent after that. Other than John Dodson, he's already looking like the best prospect to come out of TUF in a long-ass time.

4/10/13 8:39 PM
JacT
36 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

duckhuntgangsta - 
FatFrenchFry - 
Donoghue88 - What else could he have done?
Been involved in wars, involving him showing heart, a chin, awesome grappling, cardio, or at least some incredible takedown defense.
Don't get me wrong, I'm NOT saying that hell never be champ, an awesome fighter, yada yada. Just that he is overhyped judging from what we saw on TUF. Phone Post

THis has some truth. We haven't seen how he reacts under pressure or adversity.

Agreed. I am not saying he is a bad fighter at all, but we just can't tell YET.

4/10/13 8:40 PM
JacT

The middle fingers of NickDiaz - OP shut up stop being negative and just watch his performance this weekend Phone Post 3.0

I'm not being negative dude. Re-read my post.
4/10/13 8:42 PM
JacT

duckhuntgangsta - 
RollHighAllDay - 
duckhuntgangsta - Please explain to me how to finish a Kimora when in someone's half guard. Phone Post 3.0
It's easy, but you have to abandon half guard. It's just like Mir vs noguiera. Phone Post

Wasn't he using the kimura to attempt a sweep or replace guard, which he did? Where di he fail? he tied up one arm and nutruelized hi attack

The Kimura is a FINISHING hold. He did not use it to replace guard or sweep. He tried to finish but did not know how. Then he abandoned it and recovered from there.

JacT
4/10/13 8:45 PM
JacT

GregBell  - Not on yet but thinking about it ...he has the tools ground game looks shaky at best so I think favorable matchmaking will need to be in order for at least his first 3-4 fights. His last fight before his "Test" should be somebody like sakara. I'd keep uriah away from a guy like court mcgee for a while who can they feed him??

Agreed 100 percent. If UFC handles this well, they can take the time to groom him and have a star. If they put him against a Judoka, good wrestler or someone like Mia, he is TOAST.

If I were Dana, I pace him.

He could end up like a Bones Jones and just keep on dismantling everyone too.

JacT
4/10/13 8:45 PM
duckhuntgangsta
78 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

JacT -
duckhuntgangsta - Please explain to me how to finish a Kimora when in someone's half guard. Phone Post 3.0

First Vid I found:

The main componet is not to just use your arms against his, but to ROTATE your entire body. That way every part of your body is working against his one arm.

I watched like 10 seconds of that vid i posted, and he didn't seem to SAY it, but he DID it.

JacT
Thanks man. Good vid. I think he was going for a sweep. Phone Post 3.0
4/10/13 8:46 PM
duckhuntgangsta
78 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

duckhuntgangsta -
JacT -

First Vid I found:

JacT
Thanks man. Good vid. I think he was going for a sweep. Phone Post 3.0
Early post... I think he was going for a sweep and settled for guard. I have to go back and watch the fight again, was the submission there? Phone Post 3.0
4/10/13 8:47 PM
duckhuntgangsta

GregBell - Not on yet but thinking about it ...he has the tools ground game looks shaky at best so I think favorable matchmaking will need to be in order for at least his first 3-4 fights. His last fight before his "Test" should be somebody like sakara. I'd keep uriah away from a guy like court mcgee for a while who can they feed him??
He has a loss and cost Defilippo two events. Not that I think he should start there but I like to see a fight happen. Phone Post 3.0
duckhuntgangsta

^^stupid autocorrect. Phone Post 3.0
JacT

Condit's Face Broke My Hand -  I think he's very good and will be top 10, but based on what on what I've seen there's no way he beats guys like Okami, Weidman, Munoz etc. Guys that will take him down and keep him there and can avoid submissions and advance position. Phone Post

this
4/10/13 8:50 PM
HeHitsMeBecauseHeLovesMe

GregBell - Not on yet but thinking about it ...he has the tools ground game looks shaky at best so I think favorable matchmaking will need to be in order for at least his first 3-4 fights. His last fight before his "Test" should be somebody like sakara. I'd keep uriah away from a guy like court mcgee for a while who can they feed him??
Courts a welterweight. Phone Post
4/10/13 8:51 PM
jacktripper

That kimuta might have just been a show for the "educated" judges ... Looks like he was doing something for Adelaide Byrd Phone Post 3.0
4/10/13 9:04 PM
thebasher

where was this 'Ozzy' you speak of
4/10/13 9:10 PM
JerodR
55 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Here is the thing.. I don't care if he is the next world champ or not. He is a very exciting fighter. If he never makes it to the title at least we have a very exciting guy coming to the UFC.

It is obvious he has some work to do as anyone does. However, he is probably the most devistating guy to come out of TUF. Only time will tell how far he goes. Sounds like the only thing that will ever hold him back is himself. The more confidence he gains, the more dangerous he is going to be.
4/10/13 9:26 PM
Pessimist_Pete

I think Hall will lose in the finale via RNC Phone Post 3.0
4/10/13 9:34 PM
GSP24

I'd like to see him fight a powerful wrestler.

If Chael is calling him a contender, you should take notice. Phone Post 3.0
4/10/13 9:39 PM
SZRoll

I just thought he was really winy and cried over EVERYTHING. He was maybe the most sensitive one on the show and would talk shit about people who did NOTHING to him. Seriously this guy needs to see a shrink or go on a vision quest, whatever he has to do in order to get over his bullying. But with that said I also have to say "respect" in his abilities, can't argue he is on the quick path to becoming a true beast.
4/10/13 10:23 PM
JacT

JerodR - Here is the thing.. I don't care if he is the next world champ or not. He is a very exciting fighter. If he never makes it to the title at least we have a very exciting guy coming to the UFC.

It is obvious he has some work to do as anyone does. However, he is probably the most devistating guy to come out of TUF. Only time will tell how far he goes. Sounds like the only thing that will ever hold him back is himself. The more confidence he gains, the more dangerous he is going to be.

That is a very good point. He is exciting.

JacT
4/11/13 1:17 AM
FatFrenchFry
88 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

the geek -
FatFrenchFry -
Donoghue88 - What else could he have done?
Been involved in wars, involving him showing heart, a chin, awesome grappling, cardio, or at least some incredible takedown defense.
Don't get me wrong, I'm NOT saying that hell never be champ, an awesome fighter, yada yada. Just that he is overhyped judging from what we saw on TUF. Phone Post
So he should have intentionally made his fights more difficult on just to prove how well rounded he is? Phone Post 3.0
Not at all. His fights were perfect. I misunderstood. I was saying what else could have happened Phone Post
4/11/13 1:20 AM
FatFrenchFry
88 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

JerodR - Here is the thing.. I don't care if he is the next world champ or not. He is a very exciting fighter. If he never makes it to the title at least we have a very exciting guy coming to the UFC.

Potentially lack of grappling could hold him back, but you're 100% right about the excitement factor. Phone Post

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.