UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Chael great for jones career

4/11/13 6:06 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
KZTT_W85
88 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Jones is a guy who polarises the mma community.

If you go back and watch ep 1 of tuf, jones absolutely showed up for filming ready to play the usual coach vs coach trash talking role.

The way he was pulling faces behind Chaels back and a few of the clips of him talking.

Chael took charge and led by example and jones jumped on board and followed suit.

I feel like this season was a big turning point for jbj in terms of public perception and chael was a brilliant 'mentor' for jones.

That's how I saw it anyway. Phone Post
4/11/13 6:10 AM
Mauro Ranallo's Mic
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

To me, this was the best season yet with minimal trash talking or drama proving which was always assumed to be an essential ingredient. Phone Post
4/11/13 6:15 AM
KZTT_W85
88 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Mauro Ranallo's Mic - To me, this was the best season yet with minimal trash talking or drama proving which was always assumed to be an essential ingredient. Phone Post
Exactly, any one other than chael would have been there talking trash as 18 seasons have shown.

Jones went with chael and he came off great, far better than he may of had he coached against some other 'trash talker' Phone Post
4/11/13 7:43 AM
Flannerz
8 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Chael was the leader of the series if you like. He set tone for the series and was the one making speeches, such as at Thanksgiving. What was interesting was when Chael got Mickey Rourke to give it talk, it was to the whole group rather than just his team.
4/11/13 7:45 AM
Just_Scrap
61 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

KZTT_W85 - Jones is a guy who polarises the mma community.

If you go back and watch ep 1 of tuf, jones absolutely showed up for filming ready to play the usual coach vs coach trash talking role.

The way he was pulling faces behind Chaels back and a few of the clips of him talking.

Chael took charge and led by example and jones jumped on board and followed suit.

I feel like this season was a big turning point for jbj in terms of public perception and chael was a brilliant 'mentor' for jones.

That's how I saw it anyway. Phone Post
Agreed Phone Post 3.0

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.