UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> GSP weighed 170.4, thought he was over

4/14/13 11:50 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Anderson's BBC in my Goku
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

orcus - 

Poor Goku...

http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2013/4/14/4222766/ufc-158-canadian-newspaper-misquote-georges-st-pierre-fight-weight-nick-diaz-mma

A liar AND wrong...

lol...fucking fool

1) you need to lookup liar dummy..i already schooled your ass badly on here but one more lesson...a mistake is not a lie...unless you are calling pretty much every mma news outlet liars as well that ran the same story

2) he DID say he was 170.4 idiot

From: Frenchie 3 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile
Posted: 29 minutes ago

Ignore | Quote Event.observe("warnAdmin-44262353-down", "click", castVote); | Vote Down | Vote Up Event.observe("vote-44262353-down-no", "click", castVote); Event.observe("vote-44262353-up-no", "click", castVote);

Standup29 -  Most were already aware of it. Someone posted in Goku's thread that the title was completely misleading and even posted what was said.

This argument just needs to go away. What should be discussed is how to ensure more transparency to avoid this. What happened in the GSP vs Diaz fight has been argued to death. And oddly enough nearly all agree there needs to be change in all AC's to put their interpretations in their rules. Some on both sides are just arguing irrelevant points when all things are considered. Phone Post

I am the one who noticed the "error" and posted in Goku's thread. But, here's the kicker, turns out I was wrong.

The problem is I assumed, as did bloody elbow, that the source for the 170.4 was the video interview with GSP (http://tvasports.ca/videos/video-gsp-doit-prendre-une-importante-decision). It wasn't.

I contacted the reporter who claimed GSP said he thought he came in at 170.4 and I told him that the video proves otherwise. The reporter, Marc Tougas (@marcthesparc), told me that his source was not the TVA Sports reporter's video interview with GSP. In fact, he said his source was his own interview. During our exchange on Twitter, his exact words were "Ma référence, c'est ma propre entrevue avec lui. Je lui ai demandé directement cbien il a affiché sur la balance et il a dit 170.4". Translation: "My reference was my own interview with him. I asked him point blank what was displayed on the scale and he said 170.4"

--seriously, just stop orcus..i am crushing your self esteem by the beatings and I dont want to have someones suicide on my conscious

4/14/13 11:54 AM

also the bloodyelbow article also proves your entire argument was wrong fool

"And they said they didn't count the decimals, even I was surprised."

guess what idiot...going from 170.9 to 170.5 is "counting the decimal"...lol...

4/14/13 12:10 PM
orcus

Anderson's BBC in my Goku - 
orcus - 

Poor Goku...

http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2013/4/14/4222766/ufc-158-canadian-newspaper-misquote-georges-st-pierre-fight-weight-nick-diaz-mma

A liar AND wrong...

lol...fucking fool

1) you need to lookup liar dummy..i already schooled your ass badly on here but one more lesson...a mistake is not a lie...unless you are calling pretty much every mma news outlet liars as well that ran the same story

2) he DID say he was 170.4 idiot

From: Frenchie 3 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile
Posted: 29 minutes ago

Ignore | Quote Event.observe("warnAdmin-44262353-down", "click", castVote); | Vote Down | Vote Up Event.observe("vote-44262353-down-no", "click", castVote); Event.observe("vote-44262353-up-no", "click", castVote);

Standup29 -  Most were already aware of it. Someone posted in Goku's thread that the title was completely misleading and even posted what was said.

This argument just needs to go away. What should be discussed is how to ensure more transparency to avoid this. What happened in the GSP vs Diaz fight has been argued to death. And oddly enough nearly all agree there needs to be change in all AC's to put their interpretations in their rules. Some on both sides are just arguing irrelevant points when all things are considered. Phone Post

I am the one who noticed the "error" and posted in Goku's thread. But, here's the kicker, turns out I was wrong.

The problem is I assumed, as did bloody elbow, that the source for the 170.4 was the video interview with GSP (http://tvasports.ca/videos/video-gsp-doit-prendre-une-importante-decision). It wasn't.

I contacted the reporter who claimed GSP said he thought he came in at 170.4 and I told him that the video proves otherwise. The reporter, Marc Tougas (@marcthesparc), told me that his source was not the TVA Sports reporter's video interview with GSP. In fact, he said his source was his own interview. During our exchange on Twitter, his exact words were "Ma référence, c'est ma propre entrevue avec lui. Je lui ai demandé directement cbien il a affiché sur la balance et il a dit 170.4". Translation: "My reference was my own interview with him. I asked him point blank what was displayed on the scale and he said 170.4"

--seriously, just stop orcus..i am crushing your self esteem by the beatings and I dont want to have someones suicide on my conscious

Congrats man. Unfortunately this leaves us back where we started, with you being a liar or a complete moron with no ability to reason whatsoever.

Tell me: In your ridiculous fantasy scenario, what do you think GSP thought his weight was at the time they came to him and told him about their policy?

"guess what idiot...going from 170.9 to 170.5 is "counting the decimal"...lol..."

What in the living fuck are you talking about? Who on earth is talking about going from 170.9 to 170.5? Your quote proves MY point and is EXACTLY what I've been saying -- that his surprise was over them not counting the decimal, not over the mere fact of them rounding at all (something he has been exposed to at virtually all, perhaps all, of his UFC fights).

"--seriously, just stop orcus..i am crushing your self esteem by the beatings and I dont want to have someones suicide on my conscious"

Why would my esteem be crushed by my constant beatdowns of an irrational internet mongoloid? 

4/14/13 12:13 PM

Edited: 04/14/13 12:13 PM

lol..finally admit you were wrong...but cant admit you were TOTALLy wrong....

read his entire quote dummy...anyone that speaks english (and isnt delusional) will read GSP as saying that before he was informed he was unaware that they roudned AT ALL (or dropped the decimal entirely - same thing)

4/14/13 12:16 PM

here is the quote for you, emphasized to help your anemic reading comprehension:

It's true that it was special before the weight in, even I was surprised, because the scale they used was an electric scale, you know, not the one with a weight that aren't electric. And they said they didn't count the decimals, even I was surprised. I was as surprised as Nick Diaz, I didn't know. They came to see me, they came to see Nick Diaz and said they didn't count the decimals. They said they were rounding down the decimal. If it was 170.4, they were rounding down to 170.

beyond the fact that by his plain words it shows he didnt know they rounded at all ask yourself this...why would u give the example of 170.4 to 170.0 in the context of his surpise if he thought all along they rounded down from 170.4 to 170.0? why do i have to do the thinking for you? do i need to change your diaper next?

4/14/13 12:19 PM
orcus

"lol..finally admit you were wrong...but cant admit you were TOTALLy wrong...."

What was I wrong about?

"read his entire quote dummy...anyone that speaks english (and isnt delusional) will read GSP as saying that before he was informed he was unaware that they roudned AT ALL (or dropped the decimal entirely - same thing)"

Now you're really fucking losing it. The entire quote you posted was: ""And they said they didn't count the decimals, even I was surprised."" You followed that up with your own commentary: "guess what idiot...going from 170.9 to 170.5 is "counting the decimal"...lol..."...

So in YOUR words, going from 170.9 to 170.5 or 170.4 to 170, as in all of GSP's other fights, is "counting the decimal lol". Going from 170.9 to 170 as at UFC 158 is "not counting the decimal", is not common, and is what GSP said surprised him.

So what point is that sludge swirling around in your head trying to make?

And while you're at it, I'll keep posting this til you answer: What did GSP weigh at the time they came to him? Since you confidently state that he "thought he was over" at that time, you must know, or at least have a good idea. Otherwise of course you're just lying.

4/14/13 12:22 PM
orcus

"beyond the fact that by his plain words it shows he didnt know they rounded at all ask yourself this.."

Lying again. None of his "plain words" say he didn't know they rounded at all. Period. The two statements addressing it say "didn't count the decimals" and "rounding down the decimal". Neither generalizes to rounding, both SPECIFICALLY say dropping the decimals.

"why would u give the example of 170.4 to 170.0 in the context of his surpise if he thought all along they rounded down from 170.4 to 170.0?"

Someone without an agenda would think that in choosing a number to use for his example, it is entirely unsurprising that he would use what was in fact his weight.

What did GSP weigh at the time they came to him?

4/14/13 12:23 PM

orcus - 

"lol..finally admit you were wrong...but cant admit you were TOTALLy wrong...."

What was I wrong about?

"read his entire quote dummy...anyone that speaks english (and isnt delusional) will read GSP as saying that before he was informed he was unaware that they roudned AT ALL (or dropped the decimal entirely - same thing)"

Now you're really fucking losing it. The entire quote you posted was: ""And they said they didn't count the decimals, even I was surprised."" You followed that up with your own commentary: "guess what idiot...going from 170.9 to 170.5 is "counting the decimal"...lol..."...

So in YOUR words, going from 170.9 to 170.5 or 170.4 to 170, as in all of GSP's other fights, is "counting the decimal lol". Going from 170.9 to 170 as at UFC 158 is "not counting the decimal", is not common, and is what GSP said surprised him.

So what point is that sludge swirling around in your head trying to make?

And while you're at it, I'll keep posting this til you answer: What did GSP weigh at the time they came to him? Since you confidently state that he "thought he was over" at that time, you must know, or at least have a good idea. Otherwise of course you're just lying.

wtf are you talking about...u believe gsp thought they would round 170.9 to 170.5 right?

well is .5 a decimal or not idiot?

4/14/13 12:25 PM

orcus - 

"beyond the fact that by his plain words it shows he didnt know they rounded at all ask yourself this.."

Lying again. None of his "plain words" say he didn't know they rounded at all. Period. The two statements addressing it say "didn't count the decimals" and "rounding down the decimal". Neither generalizes to rounding, both SPECIFICALLY say dropping the decimals.

"why would u give the example of 170.4 to 170.0 in the context of his surpise if he thought all along they rounded down from 170.4 to 170.0?"

Someone without an agenda would think that in choosing a number to use for his example, it is entirely unsurprising that he would use what was in fact his weight.

lol..i dont know why i even argue with you anymore..its so pathetic how far you will stretch reality to fit your argument...i am literally laughing right now its so comical....

i just hope you are a master troll and not actually this stupid

4/14/13 12:25 PM
orcus

Yes, .5 is a decimal. And?

4/14/13 12:27 PM

orcus - 

Yes, .5 is a decimal. And?

so if they record .5 is that counting the decimal or not?

is going from 170.9 to 170.5 rounding or not?

4/14/13 12:27 PM
orcus

orcus - 

lol..i dont know why i even argue with you anymore..its so pathetic how far you will stretch reality to fit your argument...i am literally laughing right now its so comical....

Does this mean that despite stating with confidence that GSP was over, and arguing it for 11 pages, you have no idea whatsoever what GSP weighed when they came to him and can't even make a guess? 

If you don't know what he weighed at that time, and there is zero comment from GSP in the article or anywhere suggesting that he was over weight, worried about making weight, or having trouble making weight, then how are you not LYING by saying that he "thought he was over"?

4/14/13 12:30 PM

orcus - 
orcus - 

Does this mean that despite stating with confidence that GSP was over, and arguing it for 11 pages, you have no idea whatsoever what GSP weighed when they came to him and can't even make a guess? 

If you don't know what he weighed at that time, and there is zero comment from GSP in the article or anywhere suggesting that he was over weight, worried about making weight, or having trouble making weight, then how are you not LYING by saying that he "thought he was over"?

do i know GSP's actual weight prior to weigh ins? no. but i dont have to know his exact weight for purposes of my assertion.

all i have to do is have the reasonable assumption that if he weighed in at 170.4, its likely he was 170.4 or MORE prior to the weighins...but of course now you are going to turn literally insane and tell me how that assumption is unreasonable so lets hear what drivel you come up with now....

4/14/13 12:40 PM
orcus

Edited: 04/14/13 12:41 PM

"all i have to do is have the reasonable assumption that if he weighed in at 170.4, its likely he was 170.4 or MORE prior to the weighins..."

Ok...so he let's assume he weighed 170.4 when they came to him, even though it doesn't make much sense that he would be exactly the same weight as he was on the official scale -- one would think that after being told he had an extra half pound to play with, he would drink a little Gatorade or something , as fighters do the instant they step off the scale, and thus be HEAVIER at the official weighin than he was at the time they came to him.

Why the fuck would he weigh MORE before the weighin? You think they came to him and shocked him with the news that the weight would be rounded down a full pound and he decided to keep cutting until he was a full half pound lighter than he had to be? You dumb fuck.

Why would a fighter who manages his weight to the ounce and has never missed weight think that he was "over" the limit if he weighed 170.4 in shorts?  For example, at UFC on Fox: Maynard vs Guida, Chris Camozzi weighed 186.5, took off his shorts, and then weighed in at 185.5, a full pound lighter.

4/14/13 12:44 PM

orcus - 

"all i have to do is have the reasonable assumption that if he weighed in at 170.4, its likely he was 170.4 or MORE prior to the weighins..."

Ok...so he let's assume he weighed 170.4 when they came to him, even though it doesn't make much sense that he would be exactly the same weight as he was on the official scale -- one would think that after being told he had an extra half pound to play with, he would drink a little Gatorade or something , as fighters do the instant they step off the scale, and thus be HEAVIER at the official weighin than he was at the time they came to him.

Why the fuck would he weigh MORE before the weighin? You think they came to him and shocked him with the news that the weight would be rounded down a full pound and he decided to keep cutting until he was a full half pound lighter than he had to be? You dumb fuck.

Why would a fighter who manages his weight to the ounce and has never missed weight think that he was "over" the limit if he weighed 170.4 in shorts?  For example, at UFC on Fox: Maynard vs Guida, Chris Camozzi weighed 186.5, took off his shorts, and then weighed in at 185.5, a full pound lighter.

lol..wut?

its weird to hear that a fighter will weigh more than his weight during the weighin?

are you for real?

4/14/13 12:50 PM
orcus

"its weird to hear that a fighter will weigh more than his weight during the weighin?"

Uh, no, not normally. But this isn't a normal situation, remember? GSP was at that time "surprised" to find out that his weight would be rounded off.

AGAIN: Can you give me ANY reason why the fuck GSP, after being told they would round from 170.9 to 170, would CONTINUE to cut weight and come in at 170.4, a full half pound less than he could get away with?

4/14/13 12:54 PM

Edited: 04/14/13 12:54 PM
orcus - 

"its weird to hear that a fighter will weigh more than his weight during the weighin?"

Uh, no, not normally. But this isn't a normal situation, remember? GSP was at that time "surprised" to find out that his weight would be rounded off.

AGAIN: Can you give me ANY reason why the fuck GSP, after being told they would round from 170.9 to 170, would CONTINUE to cut weight and come in at 170.4, a full half pound less than he could get away with?

there are many many problems with your weak ass argument...here are a couple reasons...

1st, you dont know when they told hm

2nd, you dont know what he weighed when they told him

he could have been 171.2 when they told him and he continued to run and sweat until just prior to weighing in and didnt have time to take off all his clothes and weigh himself again before he GROSSLY overshot the limit by a WHOPPING .5 lbs...

and regardless...you are switching the topic again...if gsp did weigh 170.4 when they told him...how does that prove that i am a liar? (lol..this should be good)

4/14/13 1:14 PM
orcus

"1st, you dont know when they told hm"

"2nd, you dont know what he weighed when they told him"

lol...these are problems for YOUR argument, not mine. I'm not the one insisting without a shred of evidence that he "thought he was over" at the time they told him. 

"he could have been 171.2 when they told him and he continued to run and sweat until just prior to weighing in and didnt have time to take off all his clothes and weigh himself again before he GROSSLY overshot the limit by a WHOPPING .5 lbs..."

lol...literally the only reason you have to even propose this absurd scenario is in a desperate attempt to support your lie that he thought he was over. Yes, that's right -- you insist you're not lying when you say he thought he was over, just as long as we buy into your wild fantasy of his absurdly illogical weight cutting procedure.

Of course he thought he was over, guys! My proof is that I wrote some fanfic where he weighed 171.2 and after being told he only had to make 170.9, he just kept right on cutting and cutting until he was 170.4, a full half pound less than he had to be!

And equally funny is that this fantasy scenario makes your whole thread even gayer than before. Now, in your desperate flailing, all you have to offer is "GSP was told of the rounding while he was still cutting weight". Not quite the same ring as "GSP weighed 170.4, thought he was over", is it? 

In fact I eagerly await your incisive threads on every fighter at every weighin from this point. "Ronda Rousey weighed 136 (in the middle of her weight cut), thought she was over", "Chris Weidman weighed 187 with 2lb to go in his weight cut, thought he was over".

".if gsp did weigh 170.4 when they told him...how does that prove that i am a liar?"

Because if he weighed the same as he did on the official scale, he would know that all he had to do would be to strip down. He would not have "thought he was over".

4/14/13 1:18 PM

"lol...these are problems for YOUR argument, not mine. I'm not the one insisting without a shred of evidence that he "thought he was over" at the time they told him. "

uhh no dodo bird...for my argument to work, i just have to reasonably believe that 1) gsp wasnt aware of rounding (which was true) and 2) he weighed greater than 170 at that time (also true)

4/14/13 1:26 PM
orcus

lol @ the epic duck 

4/14/13 1:31 PM
Standup29

For the love of God will you to give it a rest. Goku I really hope your not a lawyer because you're terrible at arguing a point. Orcus stop arguing for the sake of arguing.

You two disagree on petty shit and it's old and tired. Yes I'm obviously interested enough to check back at this nonsense. I mean your arguing over nothing. You both look stupid at this point. You both lost at this point.

What point are either of you even arguing at this point? Phone Post
4/14/13 1:35 PM
orcus

"What point are either of you even arguing at this point?"

Goku is (take your pick or better yet, mix and match) a liar, a troll, and an idiot.

I enjoy proving this to the forum at regular intervals.

4/14/13 1:39 PM
orcus

But as to the specific point, currently, it's that Goku is a liar regarding his title of "GSP thought he was over".

There are only two possible scenarios:

1. GSP weighed 170.4 or less when he was told about rounding; thus he would not have "thought he was over", because he would have known all he had to do was strip down to make the weight.
  2. GSP weighed over 170.4 when he was told about rounding, and thus was still in the process of weight-cutting; being still in the process of cutting, it is utterly meaningless to say he "thought he was over" at that time. While techincally, literally true of EVERY fighter during EVERY weight cut (and thus providing zero insight or  information specific to this situation), a fighter still cutting would not think he was "over" because he knows he is not finished yet.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.