4/11/13 6:47 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Anderson's BBC in my Goku
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

orcus - 
Anderson's BBC in my Goku - 
orcus - 

lol @ goku still bitching.

No wonder he is such a spokesman for Nick and Weidman etc, he is a huge fan of whining.

170.4 would have been rounded down to 170 in virtually every AC and at most UFC events.

how is it bitching you muppet? i just posted the article...your deranged mind construed it as bitching

Because all you do is bitch. See: The 9000 words you wrote on this topic violently defending your utterly mistaken -- and easily disproven -- notion that it's unheard of and illegal to round down.

i make plenty of threads that arent bitching u fool...and lol@ commenting on how much i wrote on the subject...you fucking wrote a fucking treatise battling endlessly for days desperately trying to spin things you freak

and notice how gsp contradicts your ass? first he wasnt aware of this rule that apparently EVERYONE was on notice of...and he also contradicts your ridiculous staement that a pound is meaningless..obviously getting EXACTLY on weight is VERY important you tool

4/11/13 6:55 PM
Masakyst
24 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Frenchie - The title is wrong, both here and on the French news site.
http://www.lapresse.ca/sports/sports-de-combat/201304/11/01-4639967-gsp-a-bel-et-bien-depasse-la-limite-de-poids-mais-sans-tricher.php?utm_categorieinterne=trafficdrivers&utm_contenuinterne=cyberpresse_B9_sports_257_accueil_POS4

The article references an interview he just did. Here is a link to that very interview, in French, complete, without any edits.
http://tvasports.ca/videos/video-gsp-doit-prendre-une-importante-decision

In the interview, he says they informed him of the measuring protocols just like they did for Diaz. Same info, same timing. He then gives an example of the weight rules by saying "for example, if the weight is 170.4, they put down 170"

thread over
4/11/13 7:00 PM
CindyO

orcus - 

lol @ goku still bitching.

No wonder he is such a spokesman for Nick and Weidman etc, he is a huge fan of whining.

170.4 would have been rounded down to 170 in virtually every AC and at most UFC events.

And had he slipped his shorts off he would have made 170.0 easily.

Cindy

4/11/13 7:04 PM
orcus

Edited: 04/12/13 10:30 AM

"i make plenty of threads that arent bitching u fool...and lol@ commenting on how much i wrote on the subject...you fucking wrote a fucking treatise battling endlessly for days desperately trying to spin things you freak"

Yeah, the difference is I argued from a point of logic, rationality, and you know, CORRECTNESS, while you argued every bit as long from nothing but stupidity, ignorance, and a propensity for being a whiny bitch. You had a 17 page thread whining about rounding down weights where you swore up and down in 900 posts that it was a miscarriage of justice.

lol @ making plenty of threads that aren't bitching....Anderson's ducking this guy, Anderson's ducking that guy, GSP cheated this way, GSP cheated that way, Cyborg is full of shit, fighters X Y and Z are cheating with steroids / TRT.

"and notice how gsp contradicts your ass? first he wasnt aware of this rule that apparently EVERYONE was on notice of...and he also contradicts your ridiculous staement that a pound is meaningless..obviously getting EXACTLY on weight is VERY important you tool"

He wasn't aware? Fantastic. Who gives a fuck? Just more proof that he had zero advantage over Nick. As for being meaningless, I never said that. I said if a fighter wants to cut as little weight as he possibly can, he can ask the commission what their deal is. Otherwise, of course, if he makes weight he has absolutely zero to be concerned about.

4/11/13 10:28 PM
Legalize It
7 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

"Anyone that will hire a cross dresser to kiss BJ Penn on his entrance into the octagon to distract him, is still looking for them edges/advantages, in what ever way he can get them."

Did this actually happen O_O
4/11/13 10:31 PM
Jerbear1985

ssj - GSP should be stripped of the title for being over 170.0 for a title fight

Ha, another Diaz nut hugger. GSP played within the rules of the event. Besides that there was a post on here a couple weeks ago with Keith Kizer saying that the Nevada comission gives a 0.4 allowance for their title fights. So it doesnt matter where in Canada or the States the fight took place its still legit.
4/11/13 10:32 PM
88samurai88
253 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

.04/10 THREAD.....

4/11/13 10:47 PM
Jerbear1985

parker2004 - 
rrefs - In for people complaining about 0.4 pound weight advantage...

It's not about the weight advantage, it's about a commission bending rules that they themselves set in place.

But the rules werent bent, it was a rule that was already set in place. Keith Kizer talked about a simmilar one the Nevada Commision has on a thread posted a couple weeks ago(Copy of the post pasted below). According to Kieth Kizers post the 170.4 would be considered 170 in Nevada.

"According to Nevada Athletic Commission executive director Keith Kizer, officials in the state “go by half-pounds so I round down to the nearest half-pound.”

In Nevada, added Kizer, the scales used go up and down by .2 pounds, so 170 pounds, 170.2 pounds and 170.4 pounds would be rounded down to 170 pounds and be considered to have made weight in the welterweight division. A fighter at 170.6 pounds or 170.8 pounds would round down to 170.5 pounds and be given up to one hour to lose the necessary weight."

4/11/13 11:46 PM
figure four

no integrity... again with the blond in the woods routine?

that he didn't know?
4/11/13 11:52 PM
Mike Russell
147 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

What did his shorts weigh? Phone Post
4/11/13 11:56 PM
I LOVE GSP

wow! you learn something every day I always thought the fighters had to come in at exactly 170(or whatever the title fight is at) with 0 allowance for extra weight.

crazy how this has never been explained properly ever.
4/12/13 12:00 AM
I LOVE GSP

did any fighter ever, know you could be up to .4 lbs over weight in a title fight? or is this a new thing?
4/12/13 12:16 AM
GSPushedInMyStinkEye
270 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Not this fucking shit again...

4/12/13 12:30 AM
epwar
562 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Legalize It - "Anyone that will hire a cross dresser to kiss BJ Penn on his entrance into the octagon to distract him, is still looking for them edges/advantages, in what ever way he can get them."

The kissing part did:

4/12/13 12:31 AM
SinCityHustler

Wow!  News to me you can be over and they'll simply round down for you.  The ignorant feel it's only a .4 pound and that it would be of zero effect in the fight.  What they fail to realize is that when you are cutting hard, like GSP for example, the last .1 is the most difficult to shed.  to be given a pass on that final .4 is a HUGE break for guys cutting hard.  

I once saw a guy cutting for the conference wrestling tournament in college down to just a couple of ounces over so about between .1 and .2 over.  The senior 118 pounder goes for a final run around the track and mentally breaks when he passes a water fountain.  He drinks until he is over not just the 118 pound class he was cutting to but also over the next weight class up at 126.  His career ended at that moment.  Laugh all you want, it'snot the first 18 pounds that are the toughest, it's the final tenths of a pound that are mental KILLERS.  

4/12/13 12:41 AM
SinCityHustler

I LOVE GSP - wow! you learn something every day I always thought the fighters had to come in at exactly 170(or whatever the title fight is at) with 0 allowance for extra weight.

crazy how this has never been explained properly ever.

Well now we know you don't have to come in at the weight class, you're allowed .4 over but you've never had to come in at exactly any weight, you can always be under the limit as long as you are over the weight class under.  For example, if you're fighting heavyweight , you have to come in at over 205 but no more than 265.4.  If it's a welterweight fight, you have to be over 155 but no more than 170.4  What a shitty allowance. 

4/12/13 12:41 AM
12SixElbow
607 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

slamming - 
12SixElbow - 
slamming - So basically, GSP would have weighed in at 170 if he fought in Vegas because they round down by half pounds.

So in other words, there is absolutely nothing to see here in terms of a weight advantage. Poor Diaz.

No... Not for title fights.

"According to Nevada Athletic Commission executive director Keith Kizer, officials in the state “go by half-pounds so I round down to the nearest half-pound.”

In Nevada, added Kizer, the scales used go up and down by .2 pounds, so 170 pounds, 170.2 pounds and 170.4 pounds would be rounded down to 170 pounds and be considered to have made weight in the welterweight division. A fighter at 170.6 pounds or 170.8 pounds would round down to 170.5 pounds and be given up to one hour to lose the necessary weight."

http://www.mixedmartialarts.com/news/436544/NJ-Nevada-clarify-weigh-in-rules

Did you read the article? It doesn't say anything about doing that in title fights.

I was under the impression that title fights were not rounded.

4/12/13 1:36 AM
ben236
7 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

12SixElbow - 
slamming - 
12SixElbow - 
slamming - So basically, GSP would have weighed in at 170 if he fought in Vegas because they round down by half pounds.

So in other words, there is absolutely nothing to see here in terms of a weight advantage. Poor Diaz.

Did you read the article? It doesn't say anything about doing that in title fights.

They always round down to the closest half pound, title fights or not. For non-title fights, a WW fighter would need to come in at 171.4 or under in order to make weight since it would be rounded down to 171.
4/12/13 6:35 AM
CindyO

Jerbear1985 - 
ssj - GSP should be stripped of the title for being over 170.0 for a title fight

Ha, another Diaz nut hugger. GSP played within the rules of the event. Besides that there was a post on here a couple weeks ago with Keith Kizer saying that the Nevada comission gives a 0.4 allowance for their title fights. So it doesnt matter where in Canada or the States the fight took place its still legit.

Ninja, these are some strong words for a first post. What's your previous screen name?

Cindy

4/12/13 6:46 AM
orcus

Edited: 04/12/13 10:07 AM

"The ignorant feel it's only a .4 pound and that it would be of zero effect in the fight.  What they fail to realize is that when you are cutting hard, like GSP for example, the last .1 is the most difficult to shed.  "

Are you under the impression that most of these guys come in to the 1/10th pound on weight all the time? 

"Did you read the article? It doesn't say anything about doing that in title fights."

Quebec is not the only state or province that practices such a policy for championship matches.

According to Nevada Athletic Commission executive director Keith Kizer on Tuesday, officials in the state “go by half-pounds so I round down to the nearest half-pound.”

In Nevada, added Kizer, the scales used go up and down by .2 pounds, so 170 pounds, 170.2 pounds and 170.4 pounds would be rounded down to 170 pounds and be considered to have made weight in the welterweight division.

4/12/13 7:21 AM
Mike Russell
147 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Legalize It - "Anyone that will hire a cross dresser to kiss BJ Penn on his entrance into the octagon to distract him, is still looking for them edges/advantages, in what ever way he can get them."

No. That was BJ's buddy and rapper Mickey Avalon. The conspiracy theorists are so blinded by hate for GSP they make shit like this up. Phone Post
4/12/13 9:25 AM
Standup29

12SixElbow -
slamming - 
12SixElbow - 

Did you read the article or just the quote? This was in reference to CHAMPIONSHIP bouts. Correct me if I am wrong but isn't that the same as a title fight? Phone Post
4/12/13 10:00 AM
UGCTT_ Lay'n'PrayNINJA

rrefs - In for people complaining about 0.4 pound weight advantage...
Its not about an advantage. Phone Post
4/12/13 10:09 AM
orcus

"Why the fuck can't we see what the scale said when GSP stood on it???"

Why the fuck can't you see what the scale said when every other fighter in every other fight stood on it?

"Its not about an advantage."

Yeah, it's about texts, get with the program man. 

4/12/13 11:33 AM
TheGoldenRule
79 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

orcus - 

"Why the fuck can't we see what the scale said when GSP stood on it???"

Why the fuck can't you see what the scale said when every other fighter in every other fight stood on it?

"Its not about an advantage."

Yeah, it's about texts, get with the program man. 

why doesnt the UFC show the scale on the huge MFing screen behind them?

regardless of this retarded argument... seems like since they have a MFing show entitled "Weigh Ins LIVE"...they would/should show the MFing weights, no?

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.