UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> GSP weighed 170.4, thought he was over

4/12/13 11:52 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
TheGoldenRule
80 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

RampageFitsLikeAGlove - 
TheGoldenRule - 
orcus - 

"Why the fuck can't we see what the scale said when GSP stood on it???"

Why the fuck can't you see what the scale said when every other fighter in every other fight stood on it?

"Its not about an advantage."

Yeah, it's about texts, get with the program man. 

why doesnt the UFC show the scale on the huge MFing screen behind them?

regardless of this retarded argument... seems like since they have a MFing show entitled "Weigh Ins LIVE"...they would/should show the MFing weights, no?

Why?  It's just the retarded conspiracists that seem to have an issue.  It is a govt organization who oversees the weigh ins with 10 people around as witnesses including Dana, Rogan, and the opponent and his corner.  I'm sure if Nate would have really wanted, he could have walked over and checked GSP's weight.  He was 3 fuckin feet away.

i dont disagree,

but 

why not?

4/12/13 12:12 PM
da Vinci 81
129 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Mike Russell -
Legalize It - "Anyone that will hire a cross dresser to kiss BJ Penn on his entrance into the octagon to distract him, is still looking for them edges/advantages, in what ever way he can get them."

Did this actually happen O_O
No. That was BJ's buddy and rapper Mickey Avalon. The conspiracy theorists are so blinded by hate for GSP they make shit like this up. Phone Post
Lol, yeah but this is one conspiracy I actually wish was true.

That would be fucking awesome and hilarious if gsp had hired some cross dressing freak to kiss bj on his way to the octagon. Phone Post
4/12/13 12:20 PM
orcus
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

"There's all this controversy, which could be very easily solved by SHOWING THE FOOTAGE of what the scale said when GSP stood on it. I'm sure multiple cameras caught it so why not release it and put this to bed?"

What would be put to bed? Say it showed GSP weighing 170.4 and they rounded it to 170, do you think there would be less controversy?

Obviously no cameras caught it or some website would have gotten a shitload of hits for putting up a photo of the scale after the controversy hit.

4/12/13 12:24 PM
GloverRampagedMyBrownEye
41 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MoomBah -

He wouldve made it without the underwear.

Beep Phone Post 3.0
4/12/13 12:25 PM
Anderson's BBC in my Goku

RampageFitsLikeAGlove - 
SinCityHustler - 
I LOVE GSP - wow! you learn something every day I always thought the fighters had to come in at exactly 170(or whatever the title fight is at) with 0 allowance for extra weight.

crazy how this has never been explained properly ever.

Well now we know you don't have to come in at the weight class, you're allowed .4 over but you've never had to come in at exactly any weight, you can always be under the limit as long as you are over the weight class under.  For example, if you're fighting heavyweight , you have to come in at over 205 but no more than 265.4.  If it's a welterweight fight, you have to be over 155 but no more than 170.4  What a shitty allowance. 

But it's not just .4lb allowance.  .4 is what the NSAC uses.  Some commissions, like Minnesota, Montreal, and others round down to the nearest pound, so 170.9 is 170 for UFC events   However Montreal will also round to the nearest .1 for other events (boxing and smaller MMA show).  Other commissions like California round to the nearest .1 so the athletes must be at 170.0. 

And I see Goku still didn't bother to come back and admit he chose to lie on the thread title.  What a bitch with a shitty agenda.

i didnt lie and there is no agenda...if i miscommunicated the translation, so sue me woman!

4/12/13 12:29 PM
TheGoldenRule
80 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

"weigh" in on my thread (highjacking)

http://www.mixedmartialarts.com/mma.cfm?go=forum.posts&thread=2160278&page=1

4/12/13 12:31 PM
UGCTT_ Lay'n'PrayNINJA

Edited: 04/12/13 12:31 PM
orcus - 

"Its not about an advantage."

Yeah, it's about texts, get with the program man. 

You're not going to bait me into your little pathetic semantic arguments on this. Keep white knighting and shilling, it's a pleasure to watch. Everyone with common sense and reasonable objectivity can see that there is an issue here. Between a lack of clarity and glaring inconsistencies from the commission, and the obvious shadyness of one of the TOP UFC officials, your whole "nothing to see here, move along people" agenda is complete garbage. Enjoy your arguemtn with Goku.

4/12/13 12:34 PM
orcus

Enjoy holding onto your righteous indignation even though what it was based on was proven long ago to be false.

4/12/13 12:41 PM
trobinson21

rrefs - In for people complaining about 0.4 pound weight advantage...
In for people who don't understand the ramifications of a title holder fighting in the same place everytime and discovering they massage rules for said fighter. Phone Post
4/12/13 12:45 PM
CindyO

MMANOOB695 - 

@orcus

I love orcus!

Cindy

orcus

Oh, you're saying only UFC cameras caught it. I thought you meant other journalists.

Still don't understand how you think seeing the number would have lessened any controversy.

orcus

trobinson21 - 
rrefs - In for people complaining about 0.4 pound weight advantage...
In for people who don't understand the ramifications of a title holder fighting in the same place everytime and discovering they massage rules for said fighter. Phone Post

What rule was massaged for GSP but not everyone else?

4/12/13 12:47 PM
UGCTT_ Lay'n'PrayNINJA

orcus - 

Enjoy holding onto your righteous indignation even though what it was based on was proven long ago to be false.

Nothing was proven to be false. Tell me which of these things is false:

The Quebec commission does not have a consistent writen rule on how they round, or if they round at all.

Despite your claims, the Quebec commission has not always rounded down to the whole pound for every UFC event. (UFC 124 used .5 rounding).

The Quebec commission broke their own writen rule in a boxing event that involved a home town champion. The rule they broke forced Hopkins to cut additional weight (draining him more, and keeping the fight alive) after missing by .6 (which should have been rounded down like it was for the home town GSP...only there is no consistency with Quebec....). Hopkins is not the home town fighter in that match up.

One of the most important officials from the UFC told Nick Diaz only hours before the weigh ins that this commission rounds all the way down to the whole pound, allowing them to be up to .9 over, but tells the camp it is an "off the record" rule. 

That same offficial then denies (in a childish and douchey manner) that he ever said anything of the sort, and has no idea what Diaz' camp is talking about (obviously before he realized he was on tape).

Let me know which of those things is false (not counting my opinions injected in parenthesis).

The people who can look at this whole picture all seem to see that something is amiss, and things need to change. Then there is you, someone who we all know is intelligent enough to grasp all these things, yet he is making every single effort in every possible thread, consuming hours upon hours almost every day, trying to rationalize away that nothing at all was shady about this, and that we should all ignore it and be fine with the inconsistencies and flat out bullshitting from the UFC/Commission on it all. 

I wonder why?

4/12/13 12:50 PM
UGCTT_ Lay'n'PrayNINJA

CindyO - 
MMANOOB695 - 

@orcus

I love orcus!

Cindy

Of course you do.

4/12/13 12:53 PM
bjws

Most people here are missing the point. GSP (and every other fighter) stepped on that scale and the governing body approved them all. That's all anyone needs to know. Why bitch about .4lbs? If they really wanted to tip the scale in favour of GSP, they could have easily calibrated the scale remotely as it was a digital scale. Had they done that, he could have avoided cutting at all. (and now I bet someone here will run with this ridiculous idea like it's a fact).

This is a sport that is extremely regulated in a way that pretty much no other sport or game is. Every fighter needs to go though many tests whether it be weight, medicals, frisk before fight, a check for grease, hand warps, etc. The whole time people are filming this because some people are extremely obsessed with a) videoing shit they will never watch and b) so scared that their "rights" are being tread on they need some proof so they have an excuse as to why they didn't win.

Meanwhile, look at:
Hockey: curved sticks. Nobody checks unless one of the coaches asks. And there is a penalty if they are wrong.
Football: receivers gloves may have something sticky on them, but they are not checked unless the opposing coach complains.
Baseball: the pitcher may use something on their hands that improves their pitches. The batter may use a corked bat. Nobody knows unless the opposing coach complains.
Basketball: Fouls not called, etc.

This list goes on and on for every sport and game out there. There is really no comparison to the oversight and testing that is involved with MMA.

Get over it and move on. Diaz retired because he can't hack it at the elite level and instead of trying opted to quit. That should be the topic of conversation all Diaz fans should be engaging in, not this.
4/12/13 12:59 PM
orcus

Edited: 04/12/13 1:00 PM

"Nothing was proven to be false. Tell me which of these things is false:"

You and Goku and every other dipshit got all worked into a lather because you thought GSP was overweight and they illegally rounded the weight down to protect him. Like I said, that's what all of this is BASED ON. That's the long and short of it.

Turns out it's not illegal and almost every AC does it.

Turns out GSP had no trouble making weight, and even in Vegas with only a half pound allowance STILL would have made weight without even bothering to strip his shorts. What a fucking shock, the guy who has never missed weight in his entire career did his job this time too.

lol @ pretending you really give a fuck, on principle, whether they round half a pound or a whole pound.

"The Quebec commission broke their own writen rule in a boxing event that involved a home town champion. The rule they broke forced Hopkins to cut additional weight (draining him more, and keeping the fight alive) after missing by .6 (which should have been rounded down like it was for the home town GSP...only there is no consistency with Quebec....). Hopkins is not the home town fighter in that match up."

Psst...dummy...the main event fighters weigh in LAST. Every other fighter on the card had already weighed in, and guess what? They used 10th pound increments for all of them. Hopkins got no special treatment, and it is obviously absurd to think they somehow knew in advance he would be a few ounces over and thus used 10th pound increments for the whole card to screw him. 

This is what passes for logic and reason in your head?

4/12/13 1:03 PM
UGCTT_ Lay'n'PrayNINJA

^^^^ Thanks for not proving a single thing false. Excellent deflection. I'm sure no one will notice. 

Have a great thread. Keep working hard. 

4/12/13 1:03 PM

CindyO - 
MMANOOB695 - 

@orcus

I love orcus!

Cindy

of course you do...you love all zuffa employees

4/12/13 1:06 PM
Masakyst
30 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 04/12/13 1:13 PM
If they were trying to hide something, why would they go and openly tell Diaz about it?

That guy should have just kept his mouth shut and we would all continue to be blissfully unaware that this is something that all commissions do slightly differently.
4/12/13 1:07 PM
orcus

UGCTT_ Lay'n'PrayNINJA - 

^^^^ Thanks for not proving a single thing false. Excellent deflection. I'm sure no one will notice. 

Keep working hard at attempting to play it off.

AGAIN:

You homos were up in arms about GSP being unable to make weight and illegal actions being taken to protect him.

FALSE: There are no indications whatsoever that GSP would have failed to make weight in any jurisdiction with any degree of rounding whatsoever, or none at all.

FALSE: Nothing illegal was done; weight rounding happens all the time to varying degrees.

Keep working hard at keeping up your righteous indignation! We all totally believe that you are simply fundamentally concerned with the principle of rounding consistency!

4/12/13 1:08 PM
orcus

Masakyst - If they were trying to hide something, why would they go and openly tell Diaz about it?

That guy should have just kept his shut and we would all continue to be blissfully unaware that this is something that all commissions do slightly differently.

Shhh, logic and common sense have no place here. Obviously if you're doing something illegal to protect a fighter, the first thing you want to do is inform his opponent, a notorious and litigious crybaby with a persecution complex and extreme paranoia, who otherwise never would have had the slightest clue anything weird was taking place.

4/12/13 1:12 PM
UGCTT_ Lay'n'PrayNINJA

orcus -
UGCTT_ Lay'n'PrayNINJA - 

Keep working hard at attempting to play it off.

AGAIN:

You homos were up in arms about GSP being unable to make weight and illegal actions being taken to protect him.

FALSE: There are no indications whatsoever that GSP would have failed to make weight in any jurisdiction with any degree of rounding whatsoever, or none at all.

FALSE: Nothing illegal was done; weight rounding happens all the time to varying degrees.

Keep working hard at keeping up your righteous indignation! We all totally believe that you are simply fundamentally concerned with the principle of rounding consistency!

Again nothing but deflection.

I never said ANY of the things you just claimed to be false, were true. So why even say them? (Hint: deflections) Phone Post
4/12/13 1:16 PM
orcus

Edited: 04/12/13 1:16 PM

Why say them? Because they're the reason all you dorks got so worked up. 

If not that, even in your bullshit post, you're left with texts -- like I said, lol; a Bernard Hopkins fight that your illogical brain has twisted into another conspiracy; and the fact that someone called it "off the record". In other words the things you said that were "true" are meaningless and irrelevant.

4/12/13 1:16 PM

Masakyst - If they were trying to hide something, why would they go and openly tell Diaz about it?

That guy should have just kept his mouth shut and we would all continue to be blissfully unaware that this is something that all commissions do slightly differently.

1) saying that they "openly" told diaz about it, isnt quite correct. it was an "off-the-record" discussion and the UFC even tried to illegally bring down the vid of the discussion.

2) they HAD to tell diaz because the way the written rules currently read, if GSP weighed 170.1..he would be over and would have no additional time to cut...so thinking through it logically, what if GSP weighed in at 171.5...and they gave him an hour to cut down to 170.9? of course diaz would be even more up in arms...

what they hoped to do was to discretely preempt any of that by letting diaz know, sending a top level executive, with the hopes diaz would say "oh cool, thanks"....

unfortunately, it didnt turn out that way.

4/12/13 1:24 PM
orcus

"they HAD to tell diaz because the way the written rules currently read, if GSP weighed 170.1..he would be over and would have no additional time to cut...so thinking through it logically, what if GSP weighed in at 171.5...and they gave him an hour to cut down to 170.9? of course diaz would be even more up in arms..."

lol, even you cannot POSSIBLY be this fucking stupid. Even with the heads up, which IMMEDIATELY had those dorks saying "GSP is having trouble making weight!" they STILL couldn't get an eye on the scale. It could have said 195 for all they (or anybody) know. 

Further, of course, most fighters in most title fights have had their weights rounded down and it's been a total non-issue, so it's a ridiculous stretch to think they had to bizarrely prep Nick Diaz for the possibility of it happening with GSP.

This is how retarded and anti-logic you guys are. If they're doing something illegal regarding weight -- a weight that no one but their official and GSP see -- then they would obviously just announce whatever weight they fucking feel like announcing. Why break multiple rules, and inform the litigious paranoiac, when all you have to do is just announce 170 no matter what the scale says?

It's hilarious watching the contortions the minds of you idiots go through.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.