UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> GSP weighed 170.4, thought he was over

4/12/13 1:25 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
77Ronin
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I am a Nick Diaz fan. I was pulling for him in this fight. I would LOVE to see this fight happen in Las Vegas, or in Cali. However, Nick lost. He was outclassed in 4 of the 5 rounds. The .4lbs isn't going to make a difference. So quit bitching about it. Instead focus on the piss test that he did without supervision. If there is an issue anywhere in this situation, that would be it. Otherwise deal with it. I am tired of watching GSP wrestlef*ck people to secure the W. If a fighter doesn't like it, then stop it from happening. I DO believe that Nick could beat GSP, just not on that night.
4/12/13 1:28 PM
Anderson's BBC in my Goku

orcus - 

"they HAD to tell diaz because the way the written rules currently read, if GSP weighed 170.1..he would be over and would have no additional time to cut...so thinking through it logically, what if GSP weighed in at 171.5...and they gave him an hour to cut down to 170.9? of course diaz would be even more up in arms..."

lol, even you cannot POSSIBLY be this fucking stupid. Even with the heads up, which IMMEDIATELY had those dorks saying "GSP is having trouble making weight!" they STILL couldn't get an eye on the scale. It could have said 195 for all they (or anybody) know. 

Further, of course, most fighters in most title fights have had their weights rounded down and it's been a total non-issue, so it's a ridiculous stretch to think they had to bizarrely prep Nick Diaz for the possibility of it happening with GSP.

This is how retarded and anti-logic you guys are. If they're doing something illegal regarding weight -- a weight that no one but their official and GSP see -- then they would obviously just announce whatever weight they fucking feel like announcing. Why break multiple rules, and inform the litigious paranoiac, when all you have to do is just announce 170 no matter what the scale says?

It's hilarious watching the contortions the minds of you idiots go through.

jesus. what is wrong with you really?

4/12/13 1:29 PM
wheeels

The middle fingers of NickDiaz - The UFC is doing everything they can do protect their precious GSP. This, the greasing, and the hand wraps

Where's the justice? Phone Post 3.0

You forgot to add "letting GSP fight nothing but bums"
4/12/13 1:33 PM

Edited: 04/12/13 1:33 PM

"Even with the heads up, which IMMEDIATELY had those dorks saying "GSP is having trouble making weight!" they STILL couldn't get an eye on the scale. It could have said 195 for all they (or anybody) know. "

and? do you think if GSP missed weight and had an hour to make weight they wouldn't carefully look at the scale then and realize, hey they are rounding down all the numbers?

"

Further, of course, most fighters in most title fights have had their weights rounded down and it's been a total non-issue, so it's a ridiculous stretch to think they had to bizarrely prep Nick Diaz for the possibility of it happening with GSP."

again, considering the fact that on its face, the Quebec rules do not provide for rounding and nate had JUST gone through this process where he HAD to cut the decimals, it was very conceivable that the UFC wanted to prep the camp to manage their expectations

"If they're doing something illegal regarding weight -- a weight that no one but their official and GSP see -- then they would obviously just announce whatever weight they fucking feel like announcing. Why break multiple rules, and inform the litigious paranoiac, when all you have to do is just announce 170 no matter what the scale says?"

in the minds of the Quebec AC though, they are not doing anyting illegal...in their minds, customizing how the rounding is done is within their discretion...they are wrong, but that is how they justify it...its an entirely different thing to say that the AC will just make up a number regardless of what weight GSP weighed in at...do you really not understand the difference?

4/12/13 1:35 PM

orcus...just stop trying to argue with me...your pathetic, desperate attempts to spin, change the subject  or totally disregard reality when I thoroughly own your ass is just plain embarrassing...most posters, even on the UG, are intelligent enough to see through your shennanigans

4/12/13 1:35 PM
trobinson21

CindyO -
orcus - 

lol @ goku still bitching.

No wonder he is such a spokesman for Nick and Weidman etc, he is a huge fan of whining.

170.4 would have been rounded down to 170 in virtually every AC and at most UFC events.

And had he slipped his shorts off he would have made 170.0 easily.

Cindy

I don't think anyone is insinuating .4 made a difference in the fight at all, I think the issue is the steroid rumblings we've heard about GSP for years isn't quelled at all when we find out the commission is playing fast and loose with rules in the place he fights every time which also happens to be his home country. Phone Post
4/12/13 1:50 PM
Standup29

Anderson's BBC in my Goku -

orcus...just stop trying to argue with me...your pathetic, desperate attempts to spin, change the subject  or totally disregard reality when I thoroughly own your ass is just plain embarrassing...most posters, even on the UG, are intelligent enough to see through your shennanigans

I hate to say this man but you aren't winning this argument.

They and all AC's for that matter, need to have their interpretation in written and until that happens it is up to the fighters or their camps to ask specifics about everything they don't find to be crystal clear. As obvious as it is every AC may interpret things differently, fighters need to be responsible for themselves.

In this instance, the last person to fight for a title didn't know they couldn't weigh 171. Since they all cut weight, the question easily should have been asked, what is the most I can weigh to make weight. If not then it's hard to play victim or for fans to cry foul.

That is why you made the thread title what it was. You cried foul and there is none here. Granted I hope this causes change. Phone Post
4/12/13 1:55 PM
orcus

"and? do you think if GSP missed weight and had an hour to make weight they wouldn't carefully look at the scale then and realize, hey they are rounding down all the numbers?"

This is like talking to a retarded child.

If they announced 170, there would be no extra hour. Secondly if there were an extra hour no one would think anything of it because everyone in every other UFC fight in history has had an extra hour to make weight. Thirdly if Nick Diaz, who has had multiple title fights where his weight was rounded down, with the actual number staring him in the face as the rounded weight was announced, did not realize rounding was taking place before, then he's damn sure not going to figure it out now. Fourthly, what in the everloving fuck does taking an extra hour to make weight have to do with the numbers on the scale you mongoloid? You are seriously arguing the Diaz camp logic would be "hey they broke the rule about time to make weight so they must be fudging the numbers too! But for some reason they're only fudging them a little, rather than enough that they don't have to break the time rule and GSP doesn't have to cut more weight!"

What the fuck is wrong with you? Seriously.

"again, considering the fact that on its face, the Quebec rules do not provide for rounding and nate had JUST gone through this process where he HAD to cut the decimals, it was very conceivable that the UFC wanted to prep the camp to manage their expectations"

Of course far MORE conceivable than your hilarious fantasy wherein the perpetrators of shady / illegal actions inform the litigious paranoiac in advance of their plans, is the much  more logical scenario wherein -- with, as you said, nate having "JUST gone through" a weighin fiasco -- the UFC wanted to prep the camp to reassure them there would be no repeat occurrence.

"in the minds of the Quebec AC though, they are not doing anyting illegal...in their minds, customizing how the rounding is done is within their discretion...they are wrong, but that is how they justify it...its an entirely different thing to say that the AC will just make up a number regardless of what weight GSP weighed in at...do you really not understand the difference?"

lol. So they will "wrongly" round down GSP's weight and then illegally give him more time to make a new "wrongly" rounded weight, rather than just "wrongly" or "illegally" round down to 170 from whatever the fuck the scale says?

You're a joke. 

"orcus...just stop trying to argue with me...your pathetic, desperate attempts to spin, change the subject  or totally disregard reality when I thoroughly own your ass is just plain embarrassing...most posters, even on the UG, are intelligent enough to see through your shennanigans"

All I can say is I hope you are as full of shit with your claims of being a lawyer as you are with everything else you say. You are hopelessly unintelligent and an absolutely terrible debater. I pity your clients.

Everyone, get a good laugh from Goku's 17 page thread wherein he rails to the heavens about the illegality of rounding down weights and how it is absolutely unheard of and out of the question, contractually: http://www.mixedmartialarts.com/mma.cfm?go=forum_framed.posts&thread=2152555

...and then realize what a fucking no-nothing clown this is, how he will argue to the end about something he literally, provably, KNOWS NOTHING ABOUT and can't be bothered to learn anything about, and once embarassed, he will simply shift his argument and keep on truckin'.

4/12/13 1:59 PM

great. here comes argument spammer. lets break each point down again so you cant squirm away, ok?

"If they announced 170, there would be no extra hour. "

but if they announced 171 (e.g. he weighed in at 171.3 on the first try). they would.

4/12/13 2:03 PM
orcus

Anderson's BBC in my Goku - 

great. here comes argument spammer. lets break each point down again so you cant squirm away, ok?

but if they announced 171 (e.g. he weighed in at 171.3 on the first try). they would.

Why the fuck would you round down 171.3 to 171 so that you then have to ILLEGALLY allow him extra time to make weight? You're ALREADY DOING SOMETHING ILLEGAL, just fucking announce 171.3 as 170, the end. DUH.

4/12/13 2:04 PM
orcus

Goku gem from his other moronic thread: "a plain reading of the contract means anything in excess of 170 that is registerable by the scale is not allowed..its very very simple...170.1 is greater than 170.....you have to assume an additional provision into the contract that didnt exist in order for 170.1 NOT to be greater than 170"

Just hilarious to hear him pompously condescend to everyone from his lofty heights of understanding...especially when he is proven utterly and totally wrong on all points.

4/12/13 2:07 PM
Standup29

Anderson's BBC in my Goku -

"Even with the heads up, which IMMEDIATELY had those dorks saying "GSP is having trouble making weight!" they STILL couldn't get an eye on the scale. It could have said 195 for all they (or anybody) know. "

and? do you think if GSP missed weight and had an hour to make weight they wouldn't carefully look at the scale then and realize, hey they are rounding down all the numbers?

"

Further, of course, most fighters in most title fights have had their weights rounded down and it's been a total non-issue, so it's a ridiculous stretch to think they had to bizarrely prep Nick Diaz for the possibility of it happening with GSP."

again, considering the fact that on its face, the Quebec rules do not provide for rounding and nate had JUST gone through this process where he HAD to cut the decimals, it was very conceivable that the UFC wanted to prep the camp to manage their expectations

"If they're doing something illegal regarding weight -- a weight that no one but their official and GSP see -- then they would obviously just announce whatever weight they fucking feel like announcing. Why break multiple rules, and inform the litigious paranoiac, when all you have to do is just announce 170 no matter what the scale says?"

in the minds of the Quebec AC though, they are not doing anyting illegal...in their minds, customizing how the rounding is done is within their discretion...they are wrong, but that is how they justify it...its an entirely different thing to say that the AC will just make up a number regardless of what weight GSP weighed in at...do you really not understand the difference?

Was Nate's fight in the same AC?

Wouldn't that be enough to ASK before hand how much they can weigh and stilk be on weight?

While you believe you are making valid points they are not based on facts. Mostly on speculation.

The facts are GSP was on weight. No rules were broken and we have no reason to believe GSP was favored specially by the AC.

Should things be stated clearly by the AC's? Yes but ALL AC's interpret rules and regulations as they see fit. This is not unique to QAC and that is why people like Orcus are arguing back. Its not nothing can be done better it's why is everyone crying about the QAC so adamantly? More often than not, its big Diaz fans or people who don't like GSP. Maybe you don't think so but that's what most others see.

Oddly enough the thought Orcus is a paid poster or Zuffa shill is laughable because both are UFC guys. Why pick a side on this one? Controversy would make a rematch worth $$$$. Wouldn't it benefit Zuffa to encourage the outrage to justify a rematch? Phone Post
4/12/13 2:12 PM
SilverSpoon1996

where is the GSP C-Suckers now... "he wasn't overweight..", guy was sick.. didnt make weight now pay the guy his money... end this BS.. GSP DID NOT MAKE WEIGHT FOR A TITLE FIGHT.. and Canada attempted to sweep it under the rug.. UFC should pull out of all events in Quebec, unless this is a UFC cover up...
4/12/13 2:12 PM
orcus

" Controversy would make a rematch worth $$$$. Wouldn't it benefit Zuffa to encourage the outrage to justify a rematch?"

They can't use logic. Logic would say that going to enormous, illegal lengths to keep GSP on weight is absurd. If he missed weight it becomes a non-title fight, still 5 rounds, nothing changes except what Bruce Buffer says at the beginning of the fight. All that changes is now there is a controversy, and if Diaz wins, goldenboy GSP has still not lost his title, still not broken his title streak, and gets an immediate rematch. If GSP wins, then if they want to -- if it did big numbers -- they can do an immediate rematch with the title on the line even though Diaz was dominated and it otherwise would not have been justified.

These guys simply cannot form a rational thought. They go for the most ridiculous and non-sensical leaps at every single turn.

4/12/13 2:16 PM

orcus - 

Why the fuck would you round down 171.3 to 171 so that you then have to ILLEGALLY allow him extra time to make weight? You're ALREADY DOING SOMETHING ILLEGAL, just fucking announce 171.3 as 170, the end. DUH.

again. as i pointed out earlier, in Quebec's mind these variances aren't illegal. allowing the rounding to them is within their discretion. calling 171.3 as 170 is something different altogether.

you see, with the former, they can convince people that do not understand the fundamentals of how to interpret the laws or are otherwise simpletons that rounding down when the statute doesnt expressly provide for that is permissible...

but with the latter, if they called 171.3 as 170, there is no justification possible. if nick or someone else caught a glimpse of the scale (which you keep reminding everyone is in plain view), the quebec AC would be done for

understan?

4/12/13 2:17 PM

orcus - 

Goku gem from his other moronic thread: "a plain reading of the contract means anything in excess of 170 that is registerable by the scale is not allowed..its very very simple...170.1 is greater than 170.....you have to assume an additional provision into the contract that didnt exist in order for 170.1 NOT to be greater than 170"

Just hilarious to hear him pompously condescend to everyone from his lofty heights of understanding...especially when he is proven utterly and totally wrong on all points.

lol..why are you so angry child? does your life depend on this issue? and here is a tip to help you debate better... when you are attacking an assertion, its better to actually rebut the substance of the argument instead of just concluding its wrong and throwing around insults like a little baby

4/12/13 2:21 PM
SilverSpoon1996

anyone else who saids he did make weight for a TITLE fight cause its rounded down anywhere,.... your wrong.. in a title fight you can weight UPTO 170.. meaning anything under 170 is acceptable, and that done to adjust for scale inaccuracies. It is acceptable in NON-TITLE fights to be 1 lb over, not title fights.

I am so sick of all the GSP butt lovers with there lips wrapped around his junk... the guy did not make weight for the title fight in any aspect of UFC rules... I dont care if they fought on the moon or in North Korea, the UFC rules trump any local associations rules. Fights conditions including weight limits are most likely in there contract for the fight. I very very very highly doubt there is fine print that states all local rules take precedent over any and all UFC rules..

Like I said earlier, lets get GSP to take some of the money he got paid and pay the other fighter for missing weight, call it a no contest due to rules being broken and move on.

There is no room for rule bending in MMA, as much as there is no room for performance enhancers and chicks born with dicks...
4/12/13 2:24 PM
madmav

and according to the new jersey ac... 

oh wait.  =D

4/12/13 2:28 PM
ortman166

Then it's not a title fight. It had no bearing on the fight itself except maybe screwing with bucks head or some shit he should be more professional about anyway. But by the rules it shouldn't count as a defense Phone Post 3.0
4/12/13 2:34 PM
Give2FranksFight
16 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The middle fingers of NickDiaz - The UFC is doing everything they can do protect their precious GSP. This, the greasing, and the hand wraps

Where's the justice? Phone Post 3.0
Stfu Phone Post 3.0
4/12/13 2:37 PM
EBM
219 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

4/12/13 2:43 PM
Winston Wolf

SilverSpoon1996 - anyone else who saids he did make weight for a TITLE fight cause its rounded down anywhere,.... your wrong.. in a title fight you can weight UPTO 170.. meaning anything under 170 is acceptable, and that done to adjust for scale inaccuracies. It is acceptable in NON-TITLE fights to be 1 lb over, not title fights.

I am so sick of all the GSP butt lovers with there lips wrapped around his junk... the guy did not make weight for the title fight in any aspect of UFC rules... I dont care if they fought on the moon or in North Korea, the UFC rules trump any local associations rules. Fights conditions including weight limits are most likely in there contract for the fight. I very very very highly doubt there is fine print that states all local rules take precedent over any and all UFC rules..

Like I said earlier, lets get GSP to take some of the money he got paid and pay the other fighter for missing weight, call it a no contest due to rules being broken and move on.

There is no room for rule bending in MMA, as much as there is no room for performance enhancers and chicks born with dicks...

4/12/13 2:46 PM
Winston Wolf

EBM - 

the video clearly says .9 not .4.Both are a joke.I cant believe anyone actually reads Orcus posts anymore The guy is the biggest yes man for UFC Ive ever seen
4/12/13 3:03 PM
orcus

Edited: 04/12/13 3:08 PM
orcus - 

again. as i pointed out earlier, in Quebec's mind these variances aren't illegal. allowing the rounding to them is within their discretion. calling 171.3 as 170 is something different altogether.

you see, with the former, they can convince people that do not understand the fundamentals of how to interpret the laws or are otherwise simpletons that rounding down when the statute doesnt expressly provide for that is permissible...

but with the latter, if they called 171.3 as 170, there is no justification possible. if nick or someone else caught a glimpse of the scale (which you keep reminding everyone is in plain view), the quebec AC would be done for

understan?

Except you say they were then going to follow that up by ILLEGALLY allowing him more time to make weight. So, AGAIN, if your fantasy scenario ends with them ILLEGALLY allowing time to make weight -- blatantly, no possible way to hide that -- why not start it with a likewise illegal maneuver that is much easier to hide and would resolve the entire issue with none the wiser, no need at all for the subsequent illegality, and no need to inform anyone of anything?

4/12/13 3:06 PM
orcus

"lol..why are you so angry child? does your life depend on this issue? and here is a tip to help you debate better... when you are attacking an assertion, its better to actually rebut the substance of the argument instead of just concluding its wrong and throwing around insults like a little baby"

Ignorant people who feel compelled to shout their inanities from the mountaintops are annoying.

There is no substance to your argument to be rebutted -- that's why it's a non-issue. It's why, for example, in fights worth $100 million plus as in Pacquiao and Mayweather fights, no one is getting sued by megalawyers over the rounding of the weights being in breach of contract. You wanted to throw around legal airs like you know what you're talking about, when clearly you don't.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.