Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Anderson's BBC in my Goku
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 04/12/13 3:07 PM
orcus - 
Anderson's BBC in my Goku - 
orcus - 

great. here comes argument spammer. lets break each point down again so you cant squirm away, ok?

"If they announced 170, there would be no extra hour. "

but if they announced 171 (e.g. he weighed in at 171.3 on the first try). they would.

Why the fuck would you round down 171.3 to 171 so that you then have to ILLEGALLY allow him extra time to make weight? You're ALREADY DOING SOMETHING ILLEGAL, just fucking announce 171.3 as 170, the end. DUH.

again. as i pointed out earlier, in Quebec's mind these variances aren't illegal. allowing the rounding to them is within their discretion. calling 171.3 as 170 is something different altogether.

you see, with the former, they can convince people that do not understand the fundamentals of how to interpret the laws or are otherwise simpletons that rounding down when the statute doesnt expressly provide for that is permissible...

but with the latter, if they called 171.3 as 170, there is no justification possible. if nick or someone else caught a glimpse of the scale (which you keep reminding everyone is in plain view), the quebec AC would be done for

understan?

Except you say they were then going to follow that up by ILLEGALLY allowing him more time to make weight.

yes, but you see, just because something IS illegal, it doenst necessarily mean that people BELIEVE  its illegal, which is the relevant issue at hand..

there is an argument that can made (a weak one) that since the code does not address rounding one way or another, the AC has the discretion to round down...so in their mind, rounding down is not illegal, but saying gsp is 170 if he wieghs in at 171.3 would be illegal.

im glad i could teach you something today...please continue if you would like to continue this educational series with professor goku

4/12/13 3:07 PM
Argo

Nobody (including GSP himself) ever said he weighed .4 over.

So those saying he missed weight are quite addle minded.
4/12/13 3:12 PM
orcus

orcus - 
orcus - 

great. here comes argument spammer. lets break each point down again so you cant squirm away, ok?

"If they announced 170, there would be no extra hour. "

but if they announced 171 (e.g. he weighed in at 171.3 on the first try). they would.

Why the fuck would you round down 171.3 to 171 so that you then have to ILLEGALLY allow him extra time to make weight? You're ALREADY DOING SOMETHING ILLEGAL, just fucking announce 171.3 as 170, the end. DUH.

again. as i pointed out earlier, in Quebec's mind these variances aren't illegal. allowing the rounding to them is within their discretion. calling 171.3 as 170 is something different altogether.

you see, with the former, they can convince people that do not understand the fundamentals of how to interpret the laws or are otherwise simpletons that rounding down when the statute doesnt expressly provide for that is permissible...

but with the latter, if they called 171.3 as 170, there is no justification possible. if nick or someone else caught a glimpse of the scale (which you keep reminding everyone is in plain view), the quebec AC would be done for

understan?

Except you say they were then going to follow that up by ILLEGALLY allowing him more time to make weight.

yes, but you see, just because something IS illegal, it doenst necessarily mean that people BELIEVE  its illegal, which is the relevant issue at hand..

there is an argument that can made (a weak one) that since the code does not address rounding one way or another, the AC has the discretion to round down...so in their mind, rounding down is not illegal, but saying gsp is 170 if he wieghs in at 171.3 would be illegal.

im glad i could teach you something today...please continue if you would like to continue this educational series with professor goku

Your stupidity grows and grows.

Why are you continuing to talk about rounding down? What I just said, that you quoted, was: "Except you say they were then going to follow that up by ILLEGALLY allowing him more time to make weight."

Your fantasy scenario doesn't just depend on "wrong but not illegal" rounding, but on "just plain illegal" extra time.

"so in their mind, rounding down is not illegal,"

lol @ your continual use of this...in no one sensible's mind is it illegal. For it to be legal, please tell us what rule is being broken. You were unable to do it in your previous 17 page thread, maybe you'll have more luck now?

4/12/13 3:13 PM

Edited: 04/12/13 3:13 PM
orcus - 

"lol..why are you so angry child? does your life depend on this issue? and here is a tip to help you debate better... when you are attacking an assertion, its better to actually rebut the substance of the argument instead of just concluding its wrong and throwing around insults like a little baby"

Ignorant people who feel compelled to shout their inanities from the mountaintops are annoying.

There is no substance to your argument to be rebutted -- that's why it's a non-issue. It's why, for example, in fights worth $100 million plus as in Pacquiao and Mayweather fights, no one is getting sued by megalawyers over the rounding of the weights being in breach of contract. You wanted to throw around legal airs like you know what you're talking about, when clearly you don't.

as a licensed attorney, actually i do know what i am talking about....at least more than someone that makes a living making crazy nonsensical posts on an mma forum

to give u another tip - just because something happens in practice, it doesnt mean that practice is right...

4/12/13 3:15 PM

Edited: 04/12/13 3:15 PM

"Except you say they were then going to follow that up by ILLEGALLY allowing him more time to make weight."

Your fantasy scenario doesn't just depend on "wrong but not illegal" rounding, but on "just plain illegal" extra time.

"so in their mind, rounding down is not illegal,"

lol @ your continual use of this...in no one sensible's mind is it illegal. For it to be legal, please tell us what rule is being broken. You were unable to do it in your previous 17 page thread, maybe you'll have more luck now?"

yeah, i know that applying principles to other fact patterns to you is like mental gymnastics, so I will make it easy for you. in their mind giving more time isnt illegal either. why? because they probably dont know their own code or believe they have the authority to waive or make a variance from their code. and are you now finally admitting that by the UFC saying they would allow the fighters to get extra time, they were saying they would allow an illegality?

4/12/13 3:29 PM
CindyO

UGCTT_ Lay'n'PrayNINJA - 
CindyO - 
MMANOOB695 - 

@orcus

I love orcus!

Cindy

Of course you do.

Love you too, sometimes=)

Cindy

4/12/13 3:47 PM
MediumRare25
46 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Jus let this die ... Along with the Irvin thing ... Along with arrow to the knee ... Let it all jus ... die ..

No emo ... Phone Post 3.0
4/12/13 5:00 PM
orcus

Edited: 04/12/13 5:04 PM

"as a licensed attorney, actually i do know what i am talking about....at least more than someone that makes a living making crazy nonsensical posts on an mma forum"

And yet, apparently, you DON'T know what you're talking about. It's funny you still claim it's illegal/breach of contract to round weights, but you are the only lawyer in the world to ever figure this out.

Look dummy, it's pretty obvious that the contracts don't mean what you wish they did, otherwise a disgruntled loser could sue on the grounds of his opponent being overweight based on the scale, or guys could insist their opponents have to cut more weight. You see guys forcing opponents to cut more, or even taking percentages of their pay, ALL THE TIME -- even in boxing megafights -- but NOT when the official weight is on target -- rounded or not. Nothing in the contract specifies the number on the scale versus the "official weight" as determined by the official. You're wrong. The end.

"to give u another tip - just because something happens in practice, it doesnt mean that practice is right..."

I'll give you a free tip -- just because you wish that the contract referred to the number displayed on the scale and not the weight as determined by the official, despite no language indicating such, doesn't make it so.

"in their mind giving more time isnt illegal either."

lol...so then why, "in their mind", would it be illegal to round down to the nearest 5lb margin and say a 171lb GSP is 170? You idiot. You just keep changing your tack in the futile hope that somehow, someway, with enough contortions, you will not come out looking like a desperate crybaby. First you say rounding is illegal even though there is literally nothing in the rules against it. Now you say rounding is not "illegal in their mind". Then you say allowing extra time is illegal because there IS a rule against it. Now you say it's not "illegal in their mind". But they would somehow balk at saying a 171 fighter is 170 because that is really super duper illegal, and while they're willing to bend one rule, break another, and do their damndest to cover it up every step of the way, THAT'S where they draw the line. Yep. No delusions here folks.

"are you now finally admitting that by the UFC saying they would allow the fighters to get extra time, they were saying they would allow an illegality?"

I never said otherwise. The rules say you don't get extra time. Neither I nor anyone else cares, just like we don't complain when a cop opts not to issue a ticket to a speeder, or a landlord lets a tenant miss the rent deadline, or your credit card company opts to remove a late fee. Most of us aren't spiteful cunts like that. Every UFC fighter in every UFC event in every AC who has missed weight has had extra time to cut it. I don't know if all those ACs had rules allowing this, do you? Of course you don't. You prefer to argue entirely from ignorance, that way you aren't distracted by facts.

4/12/13 5:02 PM
cheesesteak
228 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

GSP's cock weighs at least 2 pounds more than most guys
4/12/13 5:16 PM

"It's funny you still claim it's illegal/breach of contract to round weights, but you are the only lawyer in the world to ever figure this out"

Theres plenty of illegalities, breaches and violations that go on in this world unnoticed. doesn't mean they aren't illegalities, breaches and violations. if you want for me to give you an aducation on the fundamentals of contract interpretation, i would be happy to do so. Just let me know which part of my assertion you think is incorrect.

4/12/13 5:21 PM

Othello - What a pathetic thread. BJPeen nuthuggers like Goku are so blinded by their GSP hate they have to resort to making up lies now. Sad really.

what lie did i make up you ignorant fool?

4/12/13 5:22 PM
orcus

Can you provide any evidence whatsoever for your bizarre and wholly insubstantiated belief that the "weight" referred to in the contract means "the number displayed on the scale" and not "the weight as determined by the AC official"?

"Theres plenty of illegalities, breaches and violations that go on in this world unnoticed. doesn't mean they aren't illegalities, breaches and violations"

Un-noticed? Again, fighters take percentages of their opponents pay ALL THE TIME for missed weight. Marquez took $600,000 from Mayweather. Guess what? Both their weights were rounded. They didn't get some special extra-accurate weighin. 

It's pretty simple dumdum, if the contract referred to the number on the scale, then you would have the fighter or his representatives watching the scale during the opponent's weighin. Always. There is 20% of his opponent's purse in it for them. If only Goku were there to let megamillionaire athletes and their lawyers and agents in on the secret!

4/12/13 5:23 PM
orcus

Othello - What a pathetic thread. BJPeen nuthuggers like Goku are so blinded by their GSP hate they have to resort to making up lies now. Sad really.

What's the title you made for the thread, dummy?

4/12/13 5:23 PM
Winston Wolf

i cant believe anyone reads Orcuses posts anymore
4/12/13 5:36 PM

Edited: 04/12/13 5:37 PM

"Can you provide any evidence whatsoever for your bizarre and wholly insubstantiated belief that the "weight" referred to in the contract means "the number displayed on the scale" and not "the weight as determined by the AC official"?"

A fundamental canon of contractual interpretation is the plain meaning rule, which states that If term appears unambiguous on its face, it must be interpreted solely on the basis of such writing.

The bout agreement reads that the maximum weight is 170.

so the next logical question is how is that weight measured? well, in the context of a ufc event, the weight is measured on this instrument called a "scale". a scale is a device that is used to measure, in objective, quantifiable terms, the weight of an object.

So if fighter A, that is subject to the bout agreement, steps on that scale and it reads 170.1, by a plain reading of the contact, he has breached the contract. why? because 170.1 is greater than 170. ( i can elaborate on this if you do not understand)

now, it is possible for a statutory code to supercede the provsions or interpretation of the contract. unfortunately, in this case, there is no such statutory code so the plain reading stands.

any questions?

4/12/13 5:36 PM

orcus - 

What's the title you made for the thread, dummy?

what is a lie dummy?

4/12/13 5:39 PM
orcus

Where did GSP say he thought he was over?

4/12/13 5:44 PM

orcus - 

Where did GSP say he thought he was over?

based on the google interpretation of the article, it says he thought he was over..i do not speak french..if that google interpretation was wrong, is that a lie or a mistake?

man...by the time you are done arguing with me, you might just gain enough knowledge to get your GED

4/12/13 5:46 PM
orcus

"based on the google interpretation of the article, it says he thought he was over."

I see no quote in your pasted link to the translation where he says he thought he was over. Paste it.

4/12/13 5:58 PM

orcus - 

"based on the google interpretation of the article, it says he thought he was over."

I see no quote in your pasted link to the translation where he says he thought he was over. Paste it.

do i really have to spoonfeed everything to you?

he said he was surprised by the rule and was told just prior to the weighins (i.e. he didnt know about it)...he says he weighed around 170.4, which, without the rounding (which gsp apparently wasn't aware of until right before the weighins), would put him over....

4/12/13 6:11 PM
orcus

Edited: 04/12/13 6:12 PM

Where did GSP say he thought he was over, liar? Which part of the "google interpretation" says GSP "thought he was over"?

Where would he have been over at that weight? Is there anywhere that a guy weighing 170.4 in shorts would not have been able to make weight? Especially if this was even before weighins?

You dumb, dumb, lying troll. 

4/12/13 6:31 PM
AndersonSilvasMoney
14 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Orcus doing work in this thread. Phone Post 3.0
4/12/13 6:33 PM

orcus - 

Where did GSP say he thought he was over, liar? Which part of the "google interpretation" says GSP "thought he was over"?

Where would he have been over at that weight? Is there anywhere that a guy weighing 170.4 in shorts would not have been able to make weight? Especially if this was even before weighins?

You dumb, dumb, lying troll. 

u seem upset? doin alright fella?

anways, since making weight is important, fighters typically confirm they are on weight PRIOR to the actual weighinss...so my assumption was that GSP knew he was 170.4 (or more) prior to the weighins at a time when he was not aware of the rounding down rule...so, my assumption is that he thought he was over...

is my assumption wrong? possibly...does it make me a liar? no

really..are you so desperate to get one win on me that you are arguing this meaningless point?

4/12/13 7:16 PM
Tankhead
86 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Orcus is really making Goku look bad in this thread.
4/12/13 7:17 PM

Tankhead - Orcus is really making Goku look bad in this thread.

i know...taking advantage of those with limited mental faculties can be considered bullying..i will relent

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.