UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> GSP weighed 170.4, thought he was over

4/12/13 7:25 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
orcus
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 04/12/13 7:32 PM

"really..are you so desperate to get one win on me that you are arguing this meaningless point?"

Well you keep changing or entirely abandoning your other arguments as you are humiliatingly crushed on them, so I go with whatever you try to stick with.

You were just caught in another lie and rather than admit it, you keep lying more...oh, it's "google's interpretation". No, it's YOUR interpretation -- or, as his been more accurately put by others in this thread, your lie.

AGAIN: GSP said he thought he was 170.4 at the time before the weighins (not sure if we ever found out how far in advance this was). From this one statement, you somehow managed to concoct not one but two statements for your title:

1) "GSP weighed 170.4" (implying, falsely, that this was his weight on the scale), and

2) "GSP thought he was over" (not only not a true statement, but simply your interpretation of what he said, but also implying, again falsely, that he thought he did not make weight for the fight).

What fighter weighing 170.4 an hour or so before the weighins, in shorts, would think he was "over"? A fighter weighing 170.4 ON THE SCALE would not be "over" in most ACs, in fact has GSP ever had a title fight where that would not ALREADY be officially 170? 

The bottom line is that from an article saying GSP thought he was 170.4 some time before weighins -- i.e. right on track -- you idiotically made a thread trying to spin it like this is proof he missed weight and the shady "illegal" tactics saved him.

Why don't you just drop your stupid fucking agenda? You just keep making yourself look more and more stupid and desperate.

4/12/13 7:40 PM
UGCTT_ Lay'n'PrayNINJA

orcus - 

Why say them? Because they're the reason all you dorks got so worked up. 

If not that, even in your bullshit post, you're left with texts -- like I said, lol; a Bernard Hopkins fight that your illogical brain has twisted into another conspiracy; and the fact that someone called it "off the record". In other words the things you said that were "true" are meaningless and irrelevant.

You're 100% wrong and have nothing left but to call posters dorks and homos. That's beneath you, at least I thought it was.

Those things I posted are not meaningless and irrelevant to MANY MANY people, including numerous journalists and many people involved in MMA more than us. It's a sad day when orcus stoops to the level of a 12 year old and has nothing intelligent in response, only name calling and deflection from the actual facts I posted.

You're better than this.

4/12/13 7:42 PM
UGCTT_ Lay'n'PrayNINJA

RampageFitsLikeAGlove - 
UGCTT_ Lay'n'PrayNINJA - 
orcus - 

"Its not about an advantage."

Yeah, it's about texts, get with the program man. 

You're not going to bait me into your little pathetic semantic arguments on this. Keep white knighting and shilling, it's a pleasure to watch. Everyone with common sense and reasonable objectivity can see that there is an issue here. Between a lack of clarity and glaring inconsistencies from the commission, and the obvious shadyness of one of the TOP UFC officials, your whole "nothing to see here, move along people" agenda is complete garbage. Enjoy your arguemtn with Goku.

LOL at white knighting for an athletic commission.  First time I've seen someone accused of that.

It's the UFC in the long run, not just the commission. Clearly the UFC knew about the inconsistencies and knew that they shouldn't be saying what they said to Diaz and his camp. Hence why he said "off the record" and then flat out LIED and denied he ever had the conversation in the first place.

I hope he gets paid well for this, because it makes him look very stupid to keep tryiung to pretend nothing was shady about it all.

4/12/13 7:45 PM
orcus

Edited: 04/12/13 7:46 PM

Journalists care about hits. That's it. Otherwise more than ONE from an obscure Canadian paper would have bothered to call other ACs to find out what they do. Seriously, that isn't the OBVIOUS first step? And why has NOT ONE followed up with Quebec's AC to ask about their other events etc? Yes, they're so deeply passionate about getting to the bottom of things. If these journalists and everyone else you mention care so much about all these aspects, why is this probably the last you're going to hear about it from anyone outside the usual whiners? Do you think you're going to see written rules re: rounding go into the NSAC, RJAC, etc regulations? Do you think you're going to see lawsuits and contract disputes from fighters over it? Do you think you're going to see more articles about it?

"You're 100% wrong"

True or false: Bernard Hopkins and Pascal weighed in last on the card, and every other fighter weighed in before them also had their official weights using the decimals. True or false: "Hometown fighter" Pascal ALSO missed weight and had to re-cut as a result of using the decimal rather than rounding all the way down. True or false: Given these facts, your statement that "The rule they broke forced Hopkins to cut additional weight (draining him more" is absolutely laughable.

lol @ complaints about name-calling coming from a guy who refuses to address any actual points and just calls the other person a shill.

4/12/13 7:55 PM
orcus

" Clearly the UFC knew about the inconsistencies and knew that they shouldn't be saying what they said to Diaz and his camp."

Whoa, hold on a minute here. I thought the problem was that fighters AREN'T informed about the rounding policies specific to an AC?

Now you're saying that the UFC "knew they shouldn't be saying what they said" to Nick? I.e., telling him the rounding policy, exactly as everyone seems to want? Why exactly should they not have told him that? Can you think of any conceivable reason why they should not have told Nick what the rounding policy in effect was?

This just keeps getting better.

4/12/13 7:56 PM
UGCTT_ Lay'n'PrayNINJA

Every fact I posted in the first post in this thread is accurate. You have refuted ZERO of them, and done nothing but deflect and call names. Sorry, but that is what had happened.

4/12/13 8:04 PM
Winston Wolf

Tankhead - Orcus is really making Goku look bad in this thread.

HI Orcus other screen name
4/12/13 8:04 PM
Winston Wolf

orcus - 

" Clearly the UFC knew about the inconsistencies and knew that they shouldn't be saying what they said to Diaz and his camp."

Whoa, hold on a minute here. I thought the problem was that fighters AREN'T informed about the rounding policies specific to an AC?

Now you're saying that the UFC "knew they shouldn't be saying what they said" to Nick? I.e., telling him the rounding policy, exactly as everyone seems to want? Why exactly should they not have told him that? Can you think of any conceivable reason why they should not have told Nick what the rounding policy in effect was?

This just keeps getting better.

they said .9 That is cheating Good night
4/12/13 8:11 PM
UGCTT_ Lay'n'PrayNINJA

RampageFitsLikeAGlove - 
UGCTT_ Lay'n'PrayNINJA - 
orcus - 

Why say them? Because they're the reason all you dorks got so worked up. 

If not that, even in your bullshit post, you're left with texts -- like I said, lol; a Bernard Hopkins fight that your illogical brain has twisted into another conspiracy; and the fact that someone called it "off the record". In other words the things you said that were "true" are meaningless and irrelevant.

You're 100% wrong and have nothing left but to call posters dorks and homos. That's beneath you, at least I thought it was.

Those things I posted are not meaningless and irrelevant to MANY MANY people, including numerous journalists and many people involved in MMA more than us. It's a sad day when orcus stoops to the level of a 12 year old and has nothing intelligent in response, only name calling and deflection from the actual facts I posted.

You're better than this.

In all fairness, I wouldn't say MANY MANY people care about this.  In fact, I hadn't heard anything about since the last time Goku started multiple threads on the topic.  There seem to be about 4-5 of you that are really focused on it and that's it. 

Maybe you need to just try using google a little bit more....type in "GSP weight quebec"

mmajunkie

mmafighting

sports.yahoo

bloodyelbow

sport.nationalpost

mmamania

sbnation

all results on the first page, all about the controversy. MANY of those have titles that are 'GSP admits he was 170.4' and all of them raise issues and concerns about this topic. But of course orcus will say they just want clicks, and they are all dumb stupid idiot people who don't know what they are talking about....lol

4/12/13 8:11 PM
orcus

Like I said, your facts are meaningless. It's a fact that Quebec is in Canada, omg you didn't refute it! I win!

I'll humor you though:

"The Quebec commission does not have a consistent writen rule on how they round, or if they round at all."

True, the Quebec commission is like all other ACs in this, as not one of them has a written rule regarding rounding or the increments to be used.

"Despite your claims, the Quebec commission has not always rounded down to the whole pound for every UFC event. (UFC 124 used .5 rounding)."

I never once said they always rounded down to the whole pound. They have always, however, rounded down in all UFC events. Two events rounded to the half like the NSAC and other ACs do; four -- including two headlined by no "home town fighter" -- used no decimals at all.

"The Quebec commission broke their own writen rule in a boxing event that involved a home town champion. The rule they broke forced Hopkins to cut additional weight (draining him more, and keeping the fight alive) after missing by .6 (which should have been rounded down like it was for the home town GSP...only there is no consistency with Quebec....). Hopkins is not the home town fighter in that match up."

Yes, they broke their written rule in that event and possibly others. This merely serves to highlight that being willing to break it at UFC 158 was not a unique situation. The argument you pitifully attempt to make is, as I've proven repeatedly, hilariously bad. Hopkins weighed second to last; all the fighters weighing in before him had their weights announced with decimals, so this was not done to force him to cut weight. Similarly, the "hometown fighter in that match up", who weighed in after Hopkins, ALSO came in a few ounces over and had to cut weight, which he would not have had to do if they had rounded down. So both fighters had to cut additional weight due to using decimals. No advantage whatsoever for the "home town fighter".

"One of the most important officials from the UFC told Nick Diaz only hours before the weigh ins that this commission rounds all the way down to the whole pound, allowing them to be up to .9 over,"

Props to Mersch for doing exactly what everyone seems to want, informing the fighters as to the policy in effect in a given AC. Minus a point or two for being on the late side, but better late than never, right? I mean, Camp Diaz's very last fight showed us how little they like surprises at the weighins.

"but tells the camp it is an "off the record" rule. "

Duh. We've established that it is literally "off the record" in literally EVERY athletic commission.

"That same offficial then denies (in a childish and douchey manner) that he ever said anything of the sort, and has no idea what Diaz' camp is talking about (obviously before he realized he was on tape)."

You have never been able to produce a quote where he denies saying that. He said he didn't know what they were talking about in response to specific statements. Further, he was talking to a lawyer clearly trolling for something to make an issue over. If his tone and manner bothers you, go cry to your mommy. This is a blatant example of a meaningless, irrelevant fact. Seriously? You don't like his texting manner? We've established that rounding was not illegal, we've established that while technically illegal, fighters are often given time to cut weight and this is not to favor one over the other, and in any case this rule was NOT broken at UFC 158...so who gives a flying fuck how Mersch acted about the perfectly legal events of UFC 158 after the fact? Oh yeah -- you do. And those journalists who made zero effort to follow up.

4/12/13 8:20 PM
theGunt
24 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Can anyone tell me what Diaz weighed? I can't find it anywhere and it seems important. Phone Post 3.0
4/12/13 8:22 PM
orcus

"all results on the first page, all about the controversy. MANY of those have titles that are 'GSP admits he was 170.4' and all of them raise issues and concerns about this topic. But of course orcus will say they just want clicks, and they are all dumb stupid idiot people who don't know what they are talking about....lol"

Oh, you mean they copy and paste other articles? Wow, that's some real investigative journalism. True concern there. TOTALLY not just throwing up content for hits. Just look at how much of their own insight and research they add to the article beyond merely pasting the relevant bits from someone else's interview!

Laughably, they even base their articles on translations of a french article that references an original AP interview with GSP...that none of them actually link to or quote from directly. There's that digging again! Just paste some "quotes" from a translation of an article referring to an interview by someone else. Brilliant!

Do you find it odd that not one journalist bothered to ask Nick exactly when Mersch told him about the weighin? How long before weighins was it? Doesn't that seem like a relevant question?

Why did no one ask any other ACs about their policies? Why was I, as far as I know, the first person to contact Keith Kizer and find out that the NSAC has been rounding down in title fights for years? Why was I seemingly the first person to spend a minute of time and see that the vast majority of UFC events in all ACs have had rounded down weights?

Why haven't they asked all the other fighters involved in title fights in the UFC if their weights had been rounded down? Am I crazy or is that a really fucking obvious question to ask?

Why didn't they ask the Quebec AC about allowing Nick and GSP time to make weight if they missed it?

Yeah man -- they TOTALLY care. Just like you and Goku do, just look at how much research and thought you've put it into this. You're totally not just spouting off bullshit from third generation copy-paste jobs and unfounded speculation.

4/12/13 8:27 PM
orcus

Edited: 04/12/13 8:31 PM

lol, here is what the invesigative minds at Bloody Elbow added to their copy-paste of a translation of an article referencing an interview by someone else: 

"this very unusual decision by the Quebec authorities to dispense with the normal exact weight limits for championship fights"

Oh, yes, "normally" there are "exact weight limits for championship fights". Why, just look at nearly all of the championship fights the UFC has had! Exact weights! Oh wait, no they're not, the vast majority used rounded weights.

Yes, that's a brilliant reporter. He did loads of research, clearly. It's only been out for weeks now that Kizer and others round down even in championship fights, and it's SO DIFFICULT to look at weighins for UFC -- and boxing -- events from around the country and see rounded weights in championship fights. But why do that when you can paste something from Google Translate, add in an entirely false statement, and watch the hits roll in?

Go on man, keep citing these "journalists" to support your cause. It's not like "argument by appeal to authority" is a logical fallacy or anything; and if you're going to commit a fallacy, by all means, go with such heavyweight "authorities" as MMA bloggers, lol.

4/12/13 8:29 PM
orcus

theGunt - Can anyone tell me what Diaz weighed? I can't find it anywhere and it seems important. Phone Post 3.0

169, so the number on the scale was anywhere from 169.0 to 169.9 (or 169.8 depending on the scale).

4/12/13 8:32 PM
theGunt
24 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

orcus -
theGunt - Can anyone tell me what Diaz weighed? I can't find it anywhere and it seems important. Phone Post 3.0

169, so the number on the scale was anywhere from 169.0 to 169.9 (or 169.8 depending on the scale).

Thanks. Phone Post 3.0
4/12/13 8:43 PM
orcus

MMAWeekly: "By the standards of most UFC championship bouts, in which combatants must hit the exact mark or under, St-Pierre would have been considered over the allowed weight limit of 170 pounds."

Someone tell me how they reached the conclusion that "most UFC championship bouts" don't round. It would take 10 minutes to look at the weighin results from the last few years of UFC cards with a title fight on them and see that this is 100% false unless your definition of "most" is "fewer than half".

lol @ mma journalism.

4/12/13 9:36 PM
UGCTT_ Lay'n'PrayNINJA

Yep. As predicted everyone who sees an issue with all of this is a sum stupid idiot face and should bow to random internet posters infinite knowledge....lol Phone Post
4/12/13 9:44 PM
orcus

Edited: 04/12/13 9:44 PM

"Yep. As predicted everyone who sees an issue with all of this is a sum stupid idiot face and should bow to random internet posters infinite knowledge....lol"

No, it's not that anyone who has an issue with this is a stupid idiot face. It's that anyone basing their opinion on ridiculous falsehoods, who couldn't be bothered to do a couple minutes of research -- or even read the other articles on the topic posted in the last couple weeks -- is clearly a stupid idiot. What else are they? Smart? Informed? Logical? An authority?

Again: That "journalist" is under the impression that in "most UFC championship bouts" a fighter weighing 170.4 would not make weight for a welterweight title fight. This is false. The entire base of his opinion is false. 

So what do you have? Some quotes pasted from a google translation of another article, and a 100% false "original" addition. Wow, great article! Everybody, pay attention!!!

lol @ what a sheep you are. "Kid Nate" wrote it, it must be true! Everybody listen! 

Congrats on following up your appeal to authority with a classic strawman. Any other fallacies you'd like to engage in? I guess that's what you're left with when you have nothing else to build an argument on.

4/12/13 9:55 PM
orcus

Brilliant and totally substantiated original addition from MMA Weekly to their copy-paste job: "By the standards of most UFC championship bouts, in which combatants must hit the exact mark or under, St-Pierre would have been considered over the allowed weight limit of 170 pounds"

Brilliant and totally substantiated original addition from Bloody Elbow to their copy-paste job: "this very unusual decision by the Quebec authorities to dispense with the normal exact weight limits for championship fights. "

Anything else? The other ones you listed just copied and pasted a few quotes from the Google Translation of another article. The ones that added to it added falsehoods, as shown.

L

O

L

4/12/13 10:33 PM
Jambo888
540 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

GSP! fuck yeah motherfuckerz! dialing in weight right down to the shorts. that's championship form!

4/12/13 11:21 PM
Bipolar

Interesting little debate.

1) NO WAY is Goku an attorney. Sorry, but no.

2) orcus has schooled everyone here. Thoroughly. That's clear to any objective mind.

3) Understand when you've lost and just stop talking - for your own damn good.
4/13/13 1:28 AM
JimmersonzGlove
527 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

In Phone Post
4/13/13 1:48 AM
orcus

They should always make GSP fight somewhere like NJ where they don't round down at all according to the commission.

Oh shit, wait a minute.

UFC 111 weigh-in results from the Prudential Center in Newark, N.J.

Pay-Per-View Bouts
Georges St-Pierre (170) vs. Dan Hardy (170) 
Frank Mir (265) vs. Shane Carwin (265) 
Kurt Pellegrino (155) vs. Fabricio Camoes (155) 
Ben Saunders (169) vs. Jon Fitch (171) 
Jim Miller (155) vs. Mark Bocek (154) 

Preliminary Bouts
Nate Diaz (171) vs. Rory Markham (177)
Ricardo Almeida (170) vs. Matt Brown (170) 
Rousimar Palhares (186) vs. Tomasz Drwal (185) 
Rodney Wallace (206) vs. Jared Hamman (205) 
Matthew Riddle (170) vs. Greg Soto (170)

Totally nuts how a guy like Markham can be 7lb over the weight limit but still keep it on nice even whole pounds, but there you go. And props to both GSP and Hardy for coming in at exactly 170.0 for their title fight! In fact all fighters did a great job of coming in exactly on whole pound, even the guys who were over or under the limit.

4/13/13 2:01 AM
Refuse to Lose
21 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The commission was lame but he didn't weigh over the limit so its lame complaining. Phone Post
4/13/13 6:29 AM
nickmcd

http://youtu.be/ywEsvxb1oP8 i won the dispute, youtube put the video back up!

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.