UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> GSP weighed 170.4, thought he was over

4/13/13 6:39 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Macedawgg
33 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

UGCTT_ Lay'n'PrayNINJA - 
orcus - 

Enjoy holding onto your righteous indignation even though what it was based on was proven long ago to be false.

Nothing was proven to be false. Tell me which of these things is false:

The Quebec commission does not have a consistent writen rule on how they round, or if they round at all.

Despite your claims, the Quebec commission has not always rounded down to the whole pound for every UFC event. (UFC 124 used .5 rounding).

The Quebec commission broke their own writen rule in a boxing event that involved a home town champion. The rule they broke forced Hopkins to cut additional weight (draining him more, and keeping the fight alive) after missing by .6 (which should have been rounded down like it was for the home town GSP...only there is no consistency with Quebec....). Hopkins is not the home town fighter in that match up.

One of the most important officials from the UFC told Nick Diaz only hours before the weigh ins that this commission rounds all the way down to the whole pound, allowing them to be up to .9 over, but tells the camp it is an "off the record" rule. 

That same offficial then denies (in a childish and douchey manner) that he ever said anything of the sort, and has no idea what Diaz' camp is talking about (obviously before he realized he was on tape).

Let me know which of those things is false (not counting my opinions injected in parenthesis).

The people who can look at this whole picture all seem to see that something is amiss, and things need to change. Then there is you, someone who we all know is intelligent enough to grasp all these things, yet he is making every single effort in every possible thread, consuming hours upon hours almost every day, trying to rationalize away that nothing at all was shady about this, and that we should all ignore it and be fine with the inconsistencies and flat out bullshitting from the UFC/Commission on it all. 

I wonder why?

Still waiting for a point by point refutation by Orcus as to which of those statements listed above is false.

4/13/13 8:20 AM
Winston Wolf
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

id bet Orcus has never once weighed in for any competition
4/13/13 8:25 AM
UGCTT_ Lay'n'PrayNINJA

Macedawgg -
UGCTT_ Lay'n'PrayNINJA - 
orcus - 

Enjoy holding onto your righteous indignation even though what it was based on was proven long ago to be false.

The Quebec commission does not have a consistent writen rule on how they round, or if they round at all.

Despite your claims, the Quebec commission has not always rounded down to the whole pound for every UFC event. (UFC 124 used .5 rounding).

The Quebec commission broke their own writen rule in a boxing event that involved a home town champion. The rule they broke forced Hopkins to cut additional weight (draining him more, and keeping the fight alive) after missing by .6 (which should have been rounded down like it was for the home town GSP...only there is no consistency with Quebec....). Hopkins is not the home town fighter in that match up.

One of the most important officials from the UFC told Nick Diaz only hours before the weigh ins that this commission rounds all the way down to the whole pound, allowing them to be up to .9 over, but tells the camp it is an "off the record" rule. 

That same offficial then denies (in a childish and douchey manner) that he ever said anything of the sort, and has no idea what Diaz' camp is talking about (obviously before he realized he was on tape).

Let me know which of those things is false (not counting my opinions injected in parenthesis).

The people who can look at this whole picture all seem to see that something is amiss, and things need to change. Then there is you, someone who we all know is intelligent enough to grasp all these things, yet he is making every single effort in every possible thread, consuming hours upon hours almost every day, trying to rationalize away that nothing at all was shady about this, and that we should all ignore it and be fine with the inconsistencies and flat out bullshitting from the UFC/Commission on it all. 

I wonder why?

Still waiting for a point by point refutation by Orcus as to which of those statements listed above is false.

He tried, and failed. Couldn't refute them as false so just tried to downplay them and excuse them as "irrelevant" in his mind... Phone Post
4/13/13 8:44 AM
Tombmatter

-Who decides whether they are rounding this time or not?

-When is the decision made?

-Why is it made?

How come it's so hard to get answers to these questions, if nothing shady is going on?
4/13/13 9:15 AM
Anderson's BBC in my Goku

Edited: 04/13/13 9:38 AM
Bipolar - Interesting little debate.

1) NO WAY is Goku an attorney. Sorry, but no.

2) orcus has schooled everyone here. Thoroughly. That's clear to any objective mind.

3) Understand when you've lost and just stop talking - for your own damn good.

Care to bet on whether or not I am an attorney?

And if u really think orcus is making sense, I feel sorry for you. If you want to tell me what you think he is right about I would be glad to trash you. Phone Post 3.0

4/13/13 9:18 AM

UGCTT_ Lay'n'PrayNINJA -
Macedawgg -
UGCTT_ Lay'n'PrayNINJA - 
orcus - 

I wonder why?

He tried, and failed. Couldn't refute them as false so just tried to downplay them and excuse them as "irrelevant" in his mind... Phone Post
Get ready for a wall of spammed arguments involving conclusory statements, non sequiturs and a whole lotta spinning. Phone Post 3.0
4/13/13 9:32 AM

Edited: 04/13/13 9:34 AM

"Well you keep changing or entirely abandoning your other arguments as you are humiliatingly crushed on them, so I go with whatever you try to stick with.

You were just caught in another lie and rather than admit it, you keep lying more...oh, it's "google's interpretation". No, it's YOUR interpretation -- or, as his been more accurately put by others in this thread, your lie."

LOL. now you are just projecting. do you know why I only respond to your first statement in each post?

Well, for one, the longer I read your thoughts it actually decreases my IQ. Its like foraging for a food in a radioactive area - I can only stay for so long before the retardation starts to affect me.

The second reason is because I am trying to focus you. Do you even remember what the topic of this thread is? Every time I try to focus you on one, single point, you spam a wall of arguments in the desperate hope that something sticks. of course you cant directly address the point i am focusing on because you know i am right, so you use diversionary tactics. now you are arguing about whether i was inccorrect or whether I was lying in my thread title. lol. are the intentions behind my threaad title so important to you? if thats the case, you should be all up in arms about UG blog.

anyways if you really think i am the one abanoning arguments, lets focus on one point, shall we? no spam, no red herrings, no attacking anything other than the actual, single issue of debate k?

"GSP weighed 170.4" (implying, falsely, that this was his weight on the scale)"

its possible that GSP was not actually 170.4 on the scale. However, assuming the translation was right, isnt it MORE plausible that GSP actually did weigh 170.4? First of all, he had the best vantage point to determine what his weight on the scale was, other than perhaps the AC official and secondly, 170.4 is an awefully specific number. chances are if someone remembers something with that level of specificity, its correct. So in my 7 word title I said he  weighed 170.4. I guess I am a fool for assuming GSP was right about his own weight, but does that make me a liar?

and just to clarify, so you dont weasel out - the debate at hand is whether i "lied" when i posted that "gsp weighed 170.4". if you start making arguments that do not pertain to this specific topic, you lose.

4/13/13 9:47 AM
orcus

"and just to clarify, so you dont weasel out - the debate at hand is whether i "lied" when i posted that "gsp weighed 170.4". if you start making arguments that do not pertain to this specific topic, you lose."

No. We have here another hilarious example of your inability to understand anything in front of you.

The part you lied about was "GSP thought he was over".

Since 170.4 would not be "over" in Montreal, or the NSAC, or in fact most ACs -- possibly (feel free to do the research) anywhere that GSP has ever had a UFC title fight -- nothing suggests he thought he was "over". Certainly nothing in the article says he thought he was over.

4/13/13 9:53 AM

orcus - 

"and just to clarify, so you dont weasel out - the debate at hand is whether i "lied" when i posted that "gsp weighed 170.4". if you start making arguments that do not pertain to this specific topic, you lose."

No. We have here another hilarious example of your inability to understand anything in front of you.

The part you lied about was "GSP thought he was over".

Since 170.4 would not be "over" in Montreal, or the NSAC, or in fact most ACs -- possibly (feel free to do the research) anywhere that GSP has ever had a UFC title fight -- nothing suggests he thought he was "over". Certainly nothing in the article says he thought he was over.

ok, fine...TOPIC: GOKU LIED WHEN HE POSTED THAT GSP THOUGHT HE WAS OVER (in caps so you remember.).

ok, I am going to list out a number of assumtions, all of which to me are plausible and likely.. you can tell me if I am lying with respect to any of them (i know it will be hard, but FOCUS daniel san):

1. GSP was not aware that montreal round down decimals until just prior to the weighins (according to the translated article).

2. Before GSP was told the news just prior to the weighins, he thought 170.4 would be "over".

3. GSP likely weighed himself leading up to and  just prior to the weighins.

4. GSP did not gain weight between the last time he weighed himself and the time he stepped on the scale.

5. GSP thought he weighed in at 170.4 (according to the translated article)

6. the scales used are relatively accurate.

7. 170.4 is "over" 170.

4/13/13 9:55 AM
orcus

"Still waiting for a point by point refutation by Orcus as to which of those statements listed above is false."

You must have missed it a couple pages back. I'll kindly repost here for your convenience. As I said, anything not wrong is pointless whining.

Like I said, your facts are meaningless. It's a fact that Quebec is in Canada, omg you didn't refute it! I win!

I'll humor you though:

"The Quebec commission does not have a consistent writen rule on how they round, or if they round at all."

True, the Quebec commission is like ALL other ACs in this, as NOT ONE of them has a written rule regarding rounding or the increments to be used. Omg shady!!!!

"Despite your claims, the Quebec commission has not always rounded down to the whole pound for every UFC event. (UFC 124 used .5 rounding)."

I never once said they always rounded down to the whole pound. They have ALWAYS, however, rounded down in UFC events. Two events rounded to the half like the NSAC and many other ACs do; four -- including two headlined by no "home town fighter" -- used no decimals at all. Omg shady!!!!!

"The Quebec commission broke their own writen rule in a boxing event that involved a home town champion. The rule they broke forced Hopkins to cut additional weight (draining him more, and keeping the fight alive) after missing by .6 (which should have been rounded down like it was for the home town GSP...only there is no consistency with Quebec....). Hopkins is not the home town fighter in that match up."

Yes, they broke their written rule in that event and possibly others. This merely serves to highlight that being willing to break it at UFC 158 was not a unique situation. The argument you pitifully attempt to make is, as I've proven repeatedly, hilariously bad. Hopkins weighed second to last; all the fighters weighing in before him had their weights announced with decimals, so this was not done to force him to cut weight. Similarly, the "hometown fighter in that match up", who weighed in after Hopkins, ALSO came in a few ounces over and had to cut weight, which he would not have had to do if they had rounded down. So BOTH fighters had to cut additional weight due to using decimals. No advantage whatsoever for the "home town fighter", in fact it's safe to say he'd have preferred not to have to re-cut.

"One of the most important officials from the UFC told Nick Diaz only hours before the weigh ins that this commission rounds all the way down to the whole pound, allowing them to be up to .9 over,"

Props to Mersch for doing exactly what everyone seems to want, informing the fighters as to the policy in effect in a given AC. Minus a point or two for being on the late side, but better late than never, right? I mean, Camp Diaz's very last fight showed us how little they like surprises at the weighins, so good on Mersch for giving them any degree of advance notice.

"but tells the camp it is an "off the record" rule. "

Duh. We've established that it is literally "off the record" in, as far as I know, EVERY athletic commission.

"That same offficial then denies (in a childish and douchey manner) that he ever said anything of the sort, and has no idea what Diaz' camp is talking about (obviously before he realized he was on tape)."

You have never been able to produce a quote where he denies saying that. He said he didn't know what they were talking about in response to specific statements. Further, he was talking to a lawyer clearly trolling for something to make an issue over. If his tone and manner bothers you, go cry to your mommy. This is a blatant example of a meaningless, irrelevant fact. Seriously? You don't like his texting manner?

We've established that rounding was not illegal; we've established that while allowing fighters an hour to make weight is against their rule, they have done it before and this is not a unique situation nor done to favor one fighter over another -- and in any case this rule was NOT broken at UFC 158; so please, for the love of god, explain to me the relevance or point of whining about Mersch's "shady" texts about the perfectly legal events that took place at UFC 158?

4/13/13 10:07 AM
orcus

"Before GSP was told the news just prior to the weighins, he thought 170.4 would be "over"."

No, there's that lie again. You just can't help yourself, can you?

There is absolutely nothing in the article that suggests GSP thought that 170.4 would be "over". He gives zero indication that he had ANY worries about making weight at ANY time.

It's a very simple question: Tell me where 170.4 would be "over" for a welterweight title fight and then tell me how many times GSP has fought there in his title reign vs how many times he has defended his title somewhere that 170.4 would be perfectly fine. Then tell me why GSP would think 170.4 would be "over" for a title fight in Quebec.

4/13/13 10:11 AM

Edited: 04/13/13 10:12 AM
orcus - 

"Before GSP was told the news just prior to the weighins, he thought 170.4 would be "over"."

No, there's that lie again. You just can't help yourself, can you?

There is absolutely nothing in the article that suggests GSP thought that 170.4 would be "over". He gives zero indication that he had ANY worries about making weight at ANY time.

It's a very simple question: Tell me where 170.4 would be "over" for a welterweight title fight and then tell me how many times GSP has fought there in his title reign vs how many times he has defended his title somewhere that 170.4 would be perfectly fine. Then tell me why GSP would think 170.4 would be "over" for a title fight in Quebec.

there u go off topic again...the question isnt whether 170.4 is over, the question is did i lie when i said GSP thought he was over

tell me how my assumption above is incorrect...i even numbered them for you for ease of reference

4/13/13 10:14 AM
orcus

Edited: 04/13/13 10:17 AM

"there u go off topic again...the question isnt whether 170.4 is over, the question is did i lie when i said GSP thought he was over"

lmao

So "the question isn't whether 170.4 is over", yet the 2nd assumption of your moronic argument is "GSP thought 170.4 would be over"?

Just how stupid are you? If 170.4 isn't over, then why the fuck would GSP think 170.4 would be over? My god, you are the dumbest person alive. 

Is this how you make legal arguments? lol

"tell me which of my assumptions above is incorrect...i even numbered them for you for ease of reference"

Uh...dumbfuck....I just quoted the assumption that was shit, what the fuck do you think I was responding to?

Here, I'll help out your little peabrain that can't even recognize your own words -- it's #2.

So, AGAIN, YES, you LIED. Neither logic nor common sense nor the article suggest that GSP thought that, weighing 170.4, he was "over".

4/13/13 10:18 AM

orcus - 

"there u go off topic again...the question isnt whether 170.4 is over, the question is did i lie when i said GSP thought he was over"

lmao

So "the question isn't whether 170.4 is over", yet the 2nd assumption of your moronic argument is "GSP thought 170.4 would be over"?

Just how stupid are you? If 170.4 isn't over, then why the fuck would GSP think 170.4 would be over? My god, you are the dumbest person alive. 

Is this how you make legal arguments? lol

"tell me which of my assumptions above is incorrect...i even numbered them for you for ease of reference"

Uh...dumbfuck....I just quoted the assumption that was shit, what the fuck do you think I was responding to?

Here, I'll help out your little peabrain that can't even recognize your own words -- it's #2.

So, AGAIN, YES, you LIED. Neither logic nor common sense nor the article suggest that GSP thought that, weighing 170.4, he was "over".

i was trying to get you to explain how u thought that assumption was incorrect...and yes u did go off topic...im make it very easy for you

-does the article imply that GSP didnt know they rounded just prior to the weighin.

yes or no. very simple.

4/13/13 10:28 AM
I hate links & marketing

In for gif of GSP's corner tipping water and ice on his legs during rounds. Phone Post
4/13/13 10:34 AM
orcus

"i was trying to get you to explain how u thought that assumption was incorrect..."

Well I've explained it 50 times now and it doesn't seem to be getting through to you. The reason the assumption that GSP thought 170.4 was over is incorrect  is because he has had almost no, possibly no, title fights in an AC where 170.4 would be over, including three other fights in Quebec. 

Given the fact that in essentially all of his experience, 170.4 would not be over, why in the fuck would you ASSUME he would think it's over this time?

Simple question dumdum.

"-does the article imply that GSP didnt know they rounded just prior to the weighin."

Here's what it says he didn't know, we don't need to guess at implications: " the UFC fighter has only learned in the minutes before weighing the Liquor races and games of Quebec does not take account of the weight saving decimal observed."

In other words he didn't know they round off the decimal entirely. 

4/13/13 10:40 AM

orcus - 

"i was trying to get you to explain how u thought that assumption was incorrect..."

Well I've explained it 50 times now and it doesn't seem to be getting through to you. The reason the assumption that GSP thought 170.4 was over is incorrect  is because he has had almost no, possibly no, title fights in an AC where 170.4 would be over, including three other fights in Quebec. 

Given the fact that in essentially all of his experience, 170.4 would not be over, why in the fuck would you ASSUME he would think it's over this time?

Simple question dumdum.

"-does the article imply that GSP didnt know they rounded just prior to the weighin."

Here's what it says he didn't know, we don't need to guess at implications: " the UFC fighter has only learned in the minutes before weighing the Liquor races and games of Quebec does not take account of the weight saving decimal observed."

In other words he didn't know they round off the decimal entirely. 

lol. cant answer a simple yes or no answer. ok, lets go back even further since it seems to hard for you to commprehend.

""They came to us just before weighing and even I was surprised. They told us they were going round."

to me, this quote implies that he didnt know they rounded. why do I say this? because he says he was "surprised". A person is surprised when he or she observes something that he didnt expect to be the case. so what did GSP not expect to be the case? the next sentence he says gives us a clue " they told us they were going to round".

now, does he say "round to the nearest whole" or "round to the nearest .5" no he just says "round". a plain reading of this quote means that gsp wasnt aware that they would take 170.1, 170.2, 170.3, 170.4 etc. etc and round that number in any fashion.

now, is my reading of this 100% true? no. there is the language barrier and also there is a possibility that he did not articulate himself precisely.

but does that make me a liar?

4/13/13 10:43 AM
Macedawgg
33 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

orcus - 

"Still waiting for a point by point refutation by Orcus as to which of those statements listed above is false."

You must have missed it a couple pages back. I'll kindly repost here for your convenience. As I said, anything not wrong is pointless whining.

Like I said, your facts are meaningless. It's a fact that Quebec is in Canada, omg you didn't refute it! I win!

I'll humor you though:

"The Quebec commission does not have a consistent writen rule on how they round, or if they round at all."

True, the Quebec commission is like ALL other ACs in this, as NOT ONE of them has a written rule regarding rounding or the increments to be used. Omg shady!!!!

"Despite your claims, the Quebec commission has not always rounded down to the whole pound for every UFC event. (UFC 124 used .5 rounding)."

I never once said they always rounded down to the whole pound. They have ALWAYS, however, rounded down in UFC events. Two events rounded to the half like the NSAC and many other ACs do; four -- including two headlined by no "home town fighter" -- used no decimals at all. Omg shady!!!!!

"The Quebec commission broke their own writen rule in a boxing event that involved a home town champion. The rule they broke forced Hopkins to cut additional weight (draining him more, and keeping the fight alive) after missing by .6 (which should have been rounded down like it was for the home town GSP...only there is no consistency with Quebec....). Hopkins is not the home town fighter in that match up."

Yes, they broke their written rule in that event and possibly others. This merely serves to highlight that being willing to break it at UFC 158 was not a unique situation. The argument you pitifully attempt to make is, as I've proven repeatedly, hilariously bad. Hopkins weighed second to last; all the fighters weighing in before him had their weights announced with decimals, so this was not done to force him to cut weight. Similarly, the "hometown fighter in that match up", who weighed in after Hopkins, ALSO came in a few ounces over and had to cut weight, which he would not have had to do if they had rounded down. So BOTH fighters had to cut additional weight due to using decimals. No advantage whatsoever for the "home town fighter", in fact it's safe to say he'd have preferred not to have to re-cut.

"One of the most important officials from the UFC told Nick Diaz only hours before the weigh ins that this commission rounds all the way down to the whole pound, allowing them to be up to .9 over,"

Props to Mersch for doing exactly what everyone seems to want, informing the fighters as to the policy in effect in a given AC. Minus a point or two for being on the late side, but better late than never, right? I mean, Camp Diaz's very last fight showed us how little they like surprises at the weighins, so good on Mersch for giving them any degree of advance notice.

Duh. We've established that it is literally "off the record" in, as far as I know, EVERY athletic commission.

"That same offficial then denies (in a childish and douchey manner) that he ever said anything of the sort, and has no idea what Diaz' camp is talking about (obviously before he realized he was on tape)."

You have never been able to produce a quote where he denies saying that. He said he didn't know what they were talking about in response to specific statements. Further, he was talking to a lawyer clearly trolling for something to make an issue over. If his tone and manner bothers you, go cry to your mommy. This is a blatant example of a meaningless, irrelevant fact. Seriously? You don't like his texting manner?

We've established that rounding was not illegal; we've established that while allowing fighters an hour to make weight is against their rule, they have done it before and this is not a unique situation nor done to favor one fighter over another -- and in any case this rule was NOT broken at UFC 158; so please, for the love of god, explain to me the relevance or point of whining about Mersch's "shady" texts about the perfectly legal events that took place at UFC 158?

So in fact you don't refute, and in fact, confirm the accuracy of every one of those statements.

4/13/13 10:49 AM
orcus

No, a plain reading doesn't say that. A plain reading says he was surprised at what they said when they "came to us just before weighin", which as the immediately preceding sentence said, was "Quebec does not take account of the weight saving decimal observed."

He doesn't say, in the FOLLOWING sentence, that he was surprised that they were "going round", and he also doesn't say he expected no rounding at all.

Why are you incapable of answering this question, dummy:

Why would a fighter for whom 170.4 has never been over, think it would be over on this night? What new information would have been presented to him to make him think that THIS time, alone of his title fights, 170.4 would be over? No need to niggle over Google translations of french translations of an english interview, lol.

4/13/13 10:50 AM

orcus - 

No, a plain reading doesn't say that. A plain reading says he was surprised at what they said when they "came to us just before weighin", which as the immediately preceding sentence said, was "Quebec does not take account of the weight saving decimal observed."

He doesn't say, in the FOLLOWING sentence, that he was surprised that they were "going round", and he also doesn't say he expected no rounding at all.

Why are you incapable of answering this question, dummy:

Why would a fighter for whom 170.4 has never been over, think it would be over on this night? What new information would have been presented to him to make him think that THIS time, alone of his title fights, 170.4 would be over? No need to niggle over Google translations of french translations of an english interview, lol.

lol..i see a whole lotta words, but dont see you actually refute anything i am saying in a coherent way..

so you are saying i am reading GSP's quote incorrectly to essentially mean "i was surpised they round decimals"?

4/13/13 10:55 AM
orcus

"So in fact you don't refute, and in fact, confirm the accuracy of every one of those statements."

Like I said, they're meaningless

What is the (negative) importance of the Quebec AC having no written rule about rounding when NO athletic commission has such a rule?

What is the (negative) importance of Mersch telling Nick the rounding policy before the fight when apparently that is what we want to happen and apparently no one else is EVER told at ANY time before the fight?

What is the (negative) importance of correctly stating that the rounding policy is not in the official regulations?

Without the initial premise that launched a thousand ships of "rounding in a title fight is illegal", none of this has any significance.

You can see the truth of this by the fact that the "journalists" are STILL trying to claim that the standard in title fights is that you must exactly make weight -- their false belief in this is what is making this a story to them.

4/13/13 10:59 AM
orcus

"so you are saying i am reading GSP's quote incorrectly to essentially mean "i was surpised they round decimals"?"

Yes, because that implies that he was surprised that any degree of rounding was taking place. He neither says that, nor does it make any kind of logical sense.

Why can't you answer my question, goku?

Why can't you tell me why a fighter for whom 170.4 has never been over would suddenly think it's over this time?

Further, and even more simply, having been informed of rounding, why would he then think he was "over" when he subsequently weighed 170.4? 

4/13/13 11:01 AM

Edited: 04/13/13 11:01 AM
orcus - 

"so you are saying i am reading GSP's quote incorrectly to essentially mean "i was surpised they round decimals"?"

Yes, because that implies that he was surprised that any degree of rounding was taking place. He neither says that, nor does it make any kind of logical sense.

Why can't you answer my question, goku?

Why can't you tell me why a fighter for whom 170.4 has never been over would suddenly think it's over this time?

Further, and even more simply, having been informed of rounding, why would he then think he was "over" when he subsequently weighed 170.4? 

the reason i am not answering your question is because you are avoiding my question., like i said. i am not going to let you weasel out of it, especially because you have the gall to accuse me of abandoning arguments.

"Yes, because that implies that he was surprised that any degree of rounding was taking place. He neither says that, nor does it make any kind of logical sense."

so articulate to me, very concisely what he was suprised at?

4/13/13 11:03 AM
Macedawgg

orcus - 

"So in fact you don't refute, and in fact, confirm the accuracy of every one of those statements."

Like I said, they're meaningless

What is the (negative) importance of the Quebec AC having no written rule about rounding when NO athletic commission has such a rule?

What is the (negative) importance of Mersch telling Nick the rounding policy before the fight when apparently that is what we want to happen and apparently no one else is EVER told at ANY time before the fight?

What is the (negative) importance of correctly stating that the rounding policy is not in the official regulations?

Without the initial premise that launched a thousand ships of "rounding in a title fight is illegal", none of this has any significance.

You can see the truth of this by the fact that the "journalists" are STILL trying to claim that the standard in title fights is that you must exactly make weight -- their false belief in this is what is making this a story to them.

But it is illegal. . .

By contract, by enabling statute, and by countless public statements from the promotion itself that title fights must be exact weight.

4/13/13 11:05 AM
UGCTT_ Lay'n'PrayNINJA

Macedawgg - 
orcus - 

I'll humor you though:

So in fact you don't refute, and in fact, confirm the accuracy of every one of those statements.

Exactly. He cannot refute any of those facts, so he just tries to inject his opinions and call everyone stupid if they disagree or find any issues with all of those facts. Typical deflection.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.