UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Lorenzo Fertitta on Matt Mitrione

4/12/13 12:37 AM
Ignore | Vote Down | Vote Up
Underground Blog
1064 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MixedMartialArts.com

The UFC has released a fighter Code of Conduct, following a series of incidents in which UFC fighters were sanctioned for innapropriate public staments. The most recent case was by former NFL player Matt "Meathead" Mitrione. who was so incensed at transgendered fighter Fallon Fox competing in the women's division without informing her opponent that he called her “a lying, sick, sociopathic, disgusting freak," among other virulent terms.

UFC CEO Lorenzo Fertitta and UFC COO Ike Lawrence Epstein spoke with Yahoo Sports' Kevin Iole about Mitrione and the newly codified expectations.

"We're not a bunch of police officers and we're not sitting around all day trying to figure out ways to catch guys," said Epstein. "We're trying to run a business and these things can get in the way of that. And look, there are two sides to that.

"Matt Mitrione, he's got a career, sponsors, things to take care of. We want to do what is right for the company, but if there is an opportunity to educate, to help him move on from this in a way that makes sense, we want to do that. We're not police officers here. We're trying, hopefully, to push guys in the right direction and make sure they're being respectful and not being disrespectful to any race, gender, etc."

Fertitta too offered input on the issue.

"Whatever your thoughts are on the whole transgender issue, I've listened to Mitrione's comments and in my opinion, it came off as a bit mean-spirited, and is something I think warranted review," said Fertitta. "Obviously, this is not the easiest issue and a lot of people are questioning both sides of this thing. A fair debate and discussion of the issue should be allowed.

"But when you call her disgusting, and Buffalo Bill, that's another matter. It warrants review. I think it's the same thing the NFL would look at and the same thing that any professional organization that is at the level we're at would at least take a look at."

Read entire article...

4/12/13 12:50 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
UGCTT_sakurabas ear
210 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Word. Phone Post
4/12/13 12:54 AM
ChaosOverkill
459 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Thatsjustlikeyouropinionman -  If you want to take a look then take a look. Why suspend him? Phone Post

pre-emptive TMZ rallied pc dipshit brigade counter-measure.

4/12/13 12:55 AM
ender852
121 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

send a message to other fighters, sacrificial lamb

4/12/13 1:57 AM
jason73
110 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Thatsjustlikeyouropinionman -  She is disgusting. Phone Post

he
4/12/13 2:06 AM
punchyone
26 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Sal Penis - He called her Buffalo Bill?? LOL Phone Post
Just when I thought mitriones rant was the most offensive and hurtful filth a fighter had ever spewed.. He's goes and TOTALLY redeems himself!

Buffalo Bill. HA! Phone Post 3.0
4/12/13 2:11 AM
inf0
304 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

lol @ reviewing anyone and letting Dana spew his boolshit

4/12/13 2:15 AM
Sakurabaman
5 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Read between the lines. He's just faught and will be sitting out for a few weeks anyway. Its good that the UFC has taken that stance and it sends the right message to the public. He'll be back soon, this thing will blow over when the next flavor of the month comes along.
4/12/13 2:15 AM
Condit's Face Broke My Hand
544 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

ChaosOverkill - 
Thatsjustlikeyouropinionman -  If you want to take a look then take a look. Why suspend him? Phone Post

pre-emptive TMZ rallied pc dipshit brigade counter-measure.

Yep, Mitrione will be back fighting and fine  in just a few months.

4/12/13 2:17 AM
I welch on SN bets
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

So they are siding with MM but covering their asses by using him to make an example. Basically just putting him on suspension while things are heated but will lift ban once he signs a new fight.
4/12/13 2:53 AM
The Don Dada

The whole situation is ridiculous. It's common sense, guys fight guys and girls fight girls. It's crazy how much attention this he wannabe she been getting. Down right circus Phone Post 3.0
4/12/13 3:44 AM
Smellde Gluve
568 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Sakurabaman - Read between the lines. He's just faught and will be sitting out for a few weeks anyway. Its good that the UFC has taken that stance and it sends the right message to the public. He'll be back soon, this thing will blow over when the next flavor of the month comes along.

That's exactly what I got from it too.

4/12/13 5:58 AM
Officer Farva
6 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I say let him do a weiner tuck and fight Fox and be done with this dumb shit ! Anyway you look at it, it would be a man vs a man !

4/12/13 6:57 AM
Rearnakedwaffle
3 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Well, I couldn't care less if person X, Y or K changes their sex, neither do I have anything to add in the department, "Does she deserve to fight women?". She's been approved to fight by the commission and since I've put in a whopping total of 0 work hours into that profession I don't know enough to say yay nor nay.

Also, I think it's justified to reprimand Meathead for the statement, it's not right to call Fox a sociopath and disgusting over such a medium as much as its not right to call Rihanna the same things over the same medium. It's just common decency.

I might be walking through my city and see some fat person and think, "Jesus S. Christ - what the fuck are you doing to yourself?", which is perfectly alright and I'm entitled to my thoughts of course, but there's a difference if I walk up to that person and say what I was thinking.

This whole situation reminds me of The Doors - People are strange..
4/12/13 7:10 AM
Culinary Union Delegate
61 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

You know Dana and Enzo laughed when they heard "Buffalo Bill", but they gotta do what's right for the company. 

4/12/13 7:20 AM
AbbottMary
2 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

tikmovado - Odd how our society has fallen so far that we are worried about offending a bunch of mental ill people.

A dude cut off his dick, he is not mentally well.

Nope we have to pretend this is some natural thing that happens all the time.

Next UFC will be arguing to not offend fucking pedophiles.

We all know these guys do not like gays but they are trying to be PC.

There are plenty of animals that can change gender. Are you trying to call clownfish mentally insane?!?
4/12/13 7:55 AM
JitznPound

The Don Dada - The whole situation is ridiculous. It's common sense, guys fight guys and girls fight girls. It's crazy how much attention this he wannabe she been getting. Down right circus Phone Post 3.0
How fallon fox thinks its fine to fight women is a joke, if it was me in her shoes there is no way I would think it would be ok to fight women.
In a way it's kind of similar to taking steroids to gain an advantage over your opponent, by taking a medical substance fallon has changed her body and the outcome is that she has an advantage over other non transgendered female fighters. It should be illegal. Phone Post 3.0
4/12/13 9:08 AM
Stea1th

Lol at buffalo bill. Regardless of what he's done to try and become a she, he is still beating up a women.

I don't care what harmon therapy you're on , you will still and will always be a man. Even of you chopped your dick off. Phone Post 3.0
4/12/13 9:32 AM
trobinson21

flipmode -
AbbottMary - 
tikmovado - Odd how our society has fallen so far that we are worried about offending a bunch of mental ill people.

There are plenty of animals that can change gender. Are you trying to call clownfish mentally insane?!?

This.
When this dude Fox can get knocked up we can compare him to a clown fish, because they do so by design. Phone Post
4/12/13 9:52 AM
Donald Rice Cerrone

flipmode - 
AbbottMary - 

This.

You guys are clowns... And you don't know what your talking about at all. Take your White Knight uneducated PC opinions then take off your ascot, skinny jeans, and beret and shove them straight up your asses.

Your example is no way analogous to humans. A lizard can grow its tail. So can I cut off your legs and we'll see how good comparing a human to a reptile\fish is.

Uneducated people tryin to sound smart or elevate themselves by espousing some fad cause like Fallon Fox piss me off. If you want to know about how complicated human sexuality is read a book on it. Comparing it to a clown fish makes you a deuche
4/12/13 9:55 AM
UGCTT_ Lay'n'PrayNINJA

inf0 -

lol @ reviewing anyone and letting Dana spew his boolshit

What has Dana said RECENTLY that is comparable?

We all know about the shit in the past, but doesn't it make sense that since the FOX deal and the expansion over the past year or two that the UFC has to start being more mainstream? Phone Post
4/12/13 9:56 AM
UGCTT_ Lay'n'PrayNINJA

trobinson21 -
flipmode -
AbbottMary - 

This.
When this dude Fox can get knocked up we can compare him to a clown fish, because they do so by design. Phone Post
Very valid counter point. Phone Post
4/12/13 9:57 AM
Samoa
213 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Wonder if Ronda's comments will be addressed?

4/12/13 10:04 AM
Poop Doodle
49 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Someone who punches, kicks and chokes people said something mean-spirited?
4/12/13 10:13 AM
jsdaugh34
6 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Regardless.... Why don't fighters learn to just shut up?? I mean c'mon, Matt Mitrione?? You just won a big fight that basically kept you from getting axed, and you turn around and jeopardize that? How many people would like to be in your shoes, you schmuck...

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.