UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Bisping: My punching power will shock Belcher

4/12/13 10:32 AM
Ignore | Vote Down | Vote Up
Underground Blog
1056 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MixedMartialArts.com

In a recent Jack Brown interview, Michael Bisping talked about his upcoming fight with Alan Belcher at UFC 159 on April 27.

"He’s got decent Jiu-jitsu, but I don’t see his knockout power," said Bisping. "He’s a middleweight so he should be capable of it, but I don’t see it.  His Thai boxing is mediocre, at best.  No doubt, he’s strong, but I’m better than him in all areas.  If I lose, there is something seriously wrong.   I’ve told my coaches that if I don’t win, you’re all f---ing fired because you’re doing something wrong. 

Alan Belcher recently came on the Underground, and detailed why he is going to 'CRUSH' Michael Bisping in the co-main.

In his latest vlog, Bisping reiterated that he's got the power.

"Mike's always got great speed, as you can see, " said boxing trainer Jason Parillo. "He's a middleweight, but he's got speed like a lightweight… Mike can punch when he wants to punch. He doesn't get the credit for it."

Bisping agrees.

"For those people who think I have no punching power… if Belcher thinks I have no punching power, he's going to be in for a shock," said Bisping. "For everyone who boos me, thank you too, it keeps me motivated."

4/12/13 10:36 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
C Riv
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

if by 'shock' he means how little they will hurt. Phone Post
4/12/13 10:37 AM
UGCTT_5 for fighting
228 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Like to see the power put on display just one time, just not against Belcher. Phone Post
4/12/13 10:57 AM
chaplinshouse
712 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

seems beating a top10 would make his case better than talking about how strong he is, but nice to know when he loses it's the coaches fault 

4/12/13 10:58 AM
UGCTT_NKTKDace
111 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Did Bisping just call out a guy about his power?? He is a middleweight so he should have power? I wish Mike would come clear this up a little.

Here is why I say this. I have to assume he is talking just the usual punching power and not KO power? In a way I can kind of agree with him. We all know I am NOT Mike's biggest fan BUT the guy knows how to strike and his damage over time has been effective. I'm rooting for Belcher but I don't see him knocking Bisping out or stopping him with strikes. I'm leaning towards Belcher by sub or decision.

Anyone think Belcher wins by tko or ko? Phone Post
4/12/13 11:02 AM
Uncle Muay Thai
82 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I think bisping wins a decision Phone Post 3.0
4/12/13 11:05 AM
Ramon Maroni

I bet Belcher is shakin in his boots at McPillowfist
4/12/13 11:10 AM
TheGoldenRule
80 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I guess Mike owes Chael a debt of gratitude for transforming this into the ultimate talking championship.
At least thank him, Mikey Phone Post
4/12/13 11:15 AM
15days
6 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Bisping talking about punching power? Riiiiiiiiiiight
4/12/13 11:24 AM
allamerican85
17 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

It was his coaches fault that he dropped his hands each time Vitor kicked him in the body. And seeing him do this led Vitor to take it high. Totally the coaches fault. What a bunch of assholes... Phone Post 3.0
4/12/13 11:25 AM
Chimonos Revenge
264 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

4/12/13 11:38 AM
WOOFticket
356 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

UGCTT_WarHunt - what a joke. bisping has no pop and looks like he gets worse every fight
Phone Post
4/12/13 12:04 PM
3rdLion
224 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

He's finished I think 18 fights by strikes, not exactly "pillow fisted", lads.
4/12/13 12:09 PM
Chimonos Revenge
264 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

3rdLion - He's finished I think 18 fights by strikes, not exactly "pillow fisted", lads.

Not one of those is a clean Knock out.

He does put an accumulation of punches on fighters he has gassed out though, and wins by referee stoppage for lack of fighting back.

That is the way he stops fights, not because of his power.
4/12/13 12:10 PM
TheRealMrBeefy

LOL @ that ketchup gif!! Hahaha Phone Post
4/12/13 12:10 PM
jjchgo
60 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

lol...just lol!
4/12/13 12:13 PM
Beefy Wellington

This again Mike. Ya said this to Hendo and Vitor before you fought em and... Phone Post
4/12/13 12:14 PM
chaplinshouse
712 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 04/12/13 12:14 PM

14 TKO/KO.  all fighters that either never made it to ufc or didn't stay long

4/12/13 12:19 PM
SteveNovak

Ketchup gif is great, didn't MB speak about an arm injury that's leaving basically one arm useless and he needed time to heal?

Looks like there was no healing time so I assume he's still dealing with this detriment.
4/12/13 12:41 PM
Chimonos Revenge

SteveNovak - Ketchup gif is great, didn't MB speak about an arm injury that's leaving basically one arm useless and he needed time to heal?

Looks like there was no healing time so I assume he's still dealing with this detriment.

Some type of nerve damage/issue if I remember correctly
4/12/13 12:46 PM
n3m
12 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

"Mike can punch when he wants to punch."

WTF kind of statement is this. No shit LOL
4/12/13 1:16 PM
Acidic

Belcher is overhyped and im glad his train got derailed by Okami.

Bisping imo will walk through Belcher and yes even possibly stop him in the 2nd or 3rd.

and No im not from the UK.

4/12/13 1:17 PM
RyannVonDoom

Pillowfists McTeaTime. Phone Post 3.0
4/12/13 1:18 PM
Condit's Face Broke My Hand
544 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

LOL Phone Post
4/12/13 1:20 PM
Condit's Face Broke My Hand
544 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Acidic - Belcher is overhyped and im glad his train got derailed by Okami.

Bisping imo will walk through Belcher and yes even possibly stop him in the 2nd or 3rd.

and No im not from the UK.

Lol when is the UG going to realize Okami is really good? Phone Post

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.