UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Boxing champ Berto wants to be a UFC champion

4/13/13 11:47 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Seats Taken
201 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Is he probably going to win a UFC title? Probably not.

But do you really want to hear guy say, "hey, I'm thinking about having a mediocre career in MMA and get a fight of two on a UFC under card?"

Let him have a shot at MMA, at least no one will be able to say "great the UFC hired another boring wrestler blah blah blah" Phone Post 3.0
4/13/13 12:26 PM
Culinary Union Delegate
75 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Decidedly Underwhelmed - 
Culinary Union Delegate - Andre is/was near the top tier of the best division in boxing. Match him with someone considered a good striker at 145 and let's see wtf happens. It would be a little like what made MMA interesting in the first place. I'd buy it Phone Post 3.0

That's not how it works, fren.

If some dumbass boxer wants to come over and embarrass himself yet again then he should be thrown in with someone like Mendes, Guida or Lentz. If he's going get his nuts all pumped then he should immediately be thrown into the deep end to show that he does not have what it takes to make it in this sport.

Even an mma striker like Edgar or Pettis would smoke Berto and likely KO him during a scramble, if they did not just sub him with ease with some basic UFC 1 "riddle of the Gracie Guard" type shit.

The only people who he would have a chance of beating would be a sloppy brawler like Jeremy Stephens.

I'll pass on Berto.

Why do you want to see him fight a blanket? I want to see he throw down with Pettis, Aldo, Siver, McGregor, or Thompson.

We know what happens when blancket meets boxer and it's boring and one sided. 

4/13/13 12:34 PM
JOESONDO
84 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Decidedly Underwhelmed -
Culinary Union Delegate - Andre is/was near the top tier of the best division in boxing. Match him with someone considered a good striker at 145 and let's see wtf happens. It would be a little like what made MMA interesting in the first place. I'd buy it Phone Post 3.0

That's not how it works, fren.

If some dumbass boxer wants to come over and embarrass himself yet again then he should be thrown in with someone like Mendes, Guida or Lentz. If he's going get his nuts all pumped then he should immediately be thrown into the deep end to show that he does not have what it takes to make it in this sport.

Even an mma striker like Edgar or Pettis would smoke Berto and likely KO him during a scramble, if they did not just sub him with ease with some basic UFC 1 "riddle of the Gracie Guard" type shit.

The only people who he would have a chance of beating would be a sloppy brawler like Jeremy Stephens.

I'll pass on Berto.
Are you still trying to prove MMA is better than boxing? It's been done. Lots.

I just want to see good fights. Just like Spong, Berto can have some exciting fights if matched up well. Or you can prove boxers aren't BJJ guys, again. Phone Post 3.0
4/13/13 12:37 PM
Salokcin69
11 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

bazza76 -
ManWithTheIronFists - He'd be out as quick as Toney.

nobody could be that bad.
He would need to learn to prevent take downs, and how to avoid leg kicks for sure though.
He could get a win against a stand up fighter maybe, but little else IMO.
This. Phone Post 3.0
4/13/13 1:06 PM
eljamaiquino
4 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

GayGuardMooseSaucy -
Frank Gallagher -
GayGuardMooseSaucy -
UGCTT_Charles Bronsons Mustache -
Frank Gallagher - 
GayGuardMooseSaucy -

hahaha No Berto......just no 

He's not even at the top of the boxing game

You are a idiot Phone Post

Actually he is a good poster. But I agree the comment was a bit of base.....
Anything I said that was inaccurate?

He's 30 this year
Just lost his last fight
Tested Positive for PEDs not too long ago
No he's not at the top of the heap at 147

And he's gonna jump into mma and become a UFC champion? Phone Post 3.0
You forgot to mention his accomplishments and his background Phone Post
WBC WW Champ
And Current IBF WW Champ

What's Berto's background exactly in regards to mma? Not his sister, brother, father, uncle, etc.

Any state wrestling titles
Judo or BJJ rankings
Any Ammy mma experience
TKD or Karate Phone Post 3.0
GSP didn't have any of these when he started mma. No hs wrestling, no bjj or Judo rank, no Kickboxing titles. He had a karate background. Berto's boxing is at least as applicable as GSP's karate. He's just older..... Phone Post
4/13/13 1:12 PM
vandelay
35 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I train quite a bit with his cousins here in Iowa. There both VERY high level wrestlers. Both excellent teachers and coaches. His grappling game would be on point guaranteed. I wish he'd stay in boxing though. Hes really fun to watch
4/13/13 2:59 PM
OGT
8 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I see submission losses in his future Phone Post
4/13/13 3:18 PM
sgotwalks
1613 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 04/13/13 4:11 PM
Decidedly Underwhelmed - It is a free paycheck for Berto if they throw him in there with some sloppy mma kickboxer who isn't even going to threaten him with takedowns or anything of that nature. He wouldn't even last a round with a moderately well rounded fighter if the mma fighter chooses to fight in the correct manner.

I'm simply not interested in seeing any of that. I'll also be thrilled once Spong quits this mma hobby of his and returns to kickboxing full time, though if he gets matched up with Ghita and knocked out he'll likely come right back to mma.

Your name is totally fitting of your glass half empty attitude. You are indeed a downer, no fun kinda motherfucker aren't you? It's time to start looking for fun things to do on Saturday night, rather than thinking up reasons why not to do them. 

Also, any talk of a top level boxer coming over and getting a free paycheck is ridiculous. What it is, is an insane pay cut that a fighter who truly wants to test himself in the sport of mma is willing to take, in order to do so.

4/13/13 3:51 PM
SmileyNY1985
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Sub good read. Phone Post
4/13/13 9:03 PM
germ
5 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

pelekys -  Berto's whole fame is into MMA. His father is an MMA coach. Phone Post

^This

Father and brother have been involved with mma for a while down here in FL.
4/14/13 5:41 PM
sgotwalks
1613 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

KingofBJJ - Is the Underground Blog serious?

"No MMA athlete has truly crossed over to a sucessful boxing career"

Seriously? Uhm Kimbo slice. He is undefeated now that he has went to boxing.

"and no boxer has really tried to make a real run at MMA."

Not one, really? Ever hear of former HW champion Ray Mercer?

The UG needs to do some research in the future.

You sound foolish. Try applying a little context.

4/14/13 6:19 PM
DukeSilver
2 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

His dad, (former mma fighter) owns an MMA gym in Winter Haven Fl, where his professional MMA fighter brother and sister both train out of....I believe he could do it.
4/15/13 10:33 AM
MattyECB
211 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I think people forget how successfully some kickboxers transferred over in the past.

Now I'm sure Berto has no real interest in crossing over, but I still await the day eagerly a young boxer actually sees enough cash in the UFC to cross over.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.