UnderGround Forums

S&C UnderGround >> Golf as cardio...

4/13/13 3:28 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
weepingbeaver
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

My Fitness App says I burn 1400 calories playing a round of golf. Is this bullshit? Can golf actually help me get fit combined with weights? Phone Post 3.0
4/13/13 3:58 AM
Refuse to Lose
21 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Sounds off but I imagine if you were to walk a long distance it could be a workout. Phone Post
4/13/13 9:56 AM
JamesDean57
31 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 04/13/13 11:02 AM
I google searched and found this, all the rest were even lower.

Activity Calories burned per hr each
Golf - cart 281
Golf - pull cart 367
Golf - carry clubs 497
4/13/13 3:18 PM
weepingbeaver

JamesDean57 - I google searched and found this, all the rest were even lower.

Activity Calories burned per hr each
Golf - cart 281
Golf - pull cart 367
Golf - carry clubs 497
That would match. I carry clubs and played for four hours. But that is a massive calorie burn isn't is? I play four times a week, why am I bothering to run? Phone Post 3.0
4/13/13 5:35 PM
MattB ATC
25 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Caloric expenditure and cardiovascular fitness are not one in the same. If you are looking to build your cardiovascular endurance, I don't see golf helping much. If you are just looking for overall caloric burn and enjoy golfing, than continue to use it as an enjoyable activity that will help towards your caloric goals.
4/14/13 2:50 AM
weepingbeaver

MattB ATC - Caloric expenditure and cardiovascular fitness are not one in the same. If you are looking to build your cardiovascular endurance, I don't see golf helping much. If you are just looking for overall caloric burn and enjoy golfing, than continue to use it as an enjoyable activity that will help towards your caloric goals.
I agree brother. Was being semi-sarcastic with my final comment. Still gonna work hard in the gym and find time for cycling, rowing etc. Suppose I was just genuinely shocked by the caloric difference. Phone Post 3.0
4/18/13 11:00 AM
quidditch
20 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

You could always try speed-golf if you want to increase your cardio and play golf. Google it.
4/18/13 11:37 AM
sczott52
69 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

A lot of the stuff on My Fitness is inaccurate.  Espeically when it comes to KCal expenditure.  I would guess it'd be closer 500-700 Kcal. 

4/19/13 2:10 PM
1armedScissor
2 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

weepingbeaver - My Fitness App says I burn 1400 calories playing a round of golf. Is this bullshit? Can golf actually help me get fit combined with weights? Phone Post 3.0

Maybe if you're pushing the cart
4/20/13 1:45 PM
weepingbeaver

No cart mate. I'm a carrier. Phone Post 3.0

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.