UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Rousey: Getting laid on TUF 18 could cost you 100k

4/14/13 1:03 PM
Ignore | Vote Down | Vote Up
Underground Blog
1129 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MixedMartialArts.com

The TUF house has no internet, no television, no radio, no anything, but train, fight, and behave as if you are stuck in a house for six weeks with no internet, television or radio. When it was announced that TUF 18 would be coed, enquiring minds quckly assumed that men and women with common interests, in tremendous shape and under pressure, might find something more compelling to do with their nether region than pee in fruit.

In an interview with MMA Junkie, coach Ronda Rousey says it won't be worth it.

"I think the series, itself, has kind of gone away from the attention-grabby reality TV-esque kind of genre and more into just a documentary series on the toughest, most competitive tournament in martial arts," said Rousey. "I think that it's going to be very similar in this season, at least on my team.

"I'm going to have to remind these girls that this is the first impression you're setting for women MMA fighters because this is a lot of exposure that they're going to be getting. If they're the chick that was screwing around the house, for the rest of their career they're going to be known as the chick that was screwing around the house. Sponsors are going to be looking at that. Everybody's going to be looking at that."

"If you think it's $100,000 worth of that lay (in potential lost sponsorships), then go for it, but I'm just going to remind them that there's a lot of very permanent consequences to how they carry themselves in the house."

Rousey also discussed Saturday's Cat Zingano vs. Miesha Tate fight of the night, that determined who will coaching opposite Rousey, and fighting for her title.

"It kind of went the way I expected," said Rousey. "Cat looked a lot better at workouts. Miesha is usually the type that really fights above herself in competition, which is one of her better attributes. Miesha looked really good. I thought the fight was stopped maybe a little prematurely, but Cat looked amazing, too. I don't want to take anything away from her. She was lighting her up.

"If Miesha wants to complain the fight should have been stopped, then she shouldn't have been in that situation in the first place. I was really impressed with Cat tonight."

"I always said the fight that I wanted the most was Cat, so I'm glad that we're actually going to be fighting. On the show, you never know. I think I would have enjoyed tormenting Miesha, whereas Cat seems pretty cool. I don't really know her at all, but she seems cool."

"Technically, Cat has a better record than I do right now. She's 8-0. I'm 7-0. Who was it? Was it like Rashad and Lyoto who were the only two undefeated people fighting for a championship before? So this is something very uncommon and very special, and I'm happy to be a part of it. I always think of myself as the underdog regardless of what other people think."

4/14/13 1:07 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
stainlesssteel
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I know one thing. If Rose Namajunas tries out and makes the show, anyone attempting to tap that will have a heavyweight price to pay!
4/14/13 1:09 PM
Steve Perry
27 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Let me bang Ro
4/14/13 1:12 PM
puss'nmitts
7 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Ronda is cock blocking
4/14/13 1:12 PM
fightsfan
9 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Remember when Jeremy Jackson jumped the fence to get with that gal on an early TUF series and was booted off the show, was a shame.
4/14/13 1:16 PM
iBetYouQueersWontVoteMeDown
45 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Well suck the fun out before it even begins why dont you? Phone Post 3.0
4/14/13 1:20 PM
Zwingli

Problem is some of these girls wont look at it as just
"getting laid". Romance will blossom. lol
4/14/13 1:30 PM
ShoreBreaker420
1024 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Petition to remove Rhonda from Tuf 18! Lol Phone Post 3.0
4/14/13 1:31 PM
HexRei

FrateCart - 
fightsfan - Remember when Jeremy Jackson jumped the fence to get with that gal on an early TUF series and was booted off the show, was a shame.

Holy shit. Did a google because of this to see what he has been upto after that Lame stunt.

"On June 30, 2008, Jackson was arrested and taken into custody by the Ventura County Sheriff's Office. He was charged with multiple counts of aggravated rape and held on $1 million bail.

Jackson was sentenced 25 years to life after pleading guilty to the rape charges against his lawyer's advice."

Damn.

It was big news with many lengthy threads here on the UG at the time. His mom posts here and stuff.
4/14/13 1:51 PM
BUFFGEO
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

"I think the series, itself, has kind of gone away from the attention-grabby reality TV-esque kind of genre and more into just a documentary series on the toughest, most competitive tournament in martial arts," said Rousey.

LOL she has clearly never watched it

and her comments are all well and good, but no one is going to be making well thought decisions after the alcohol starts flowing!
4/14/13 1:55 PM
Eggbert
755 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Need to send her a coaches shirt that says captain fun on it Phone Post 3.0
4/14/13 2:04 PM
3rdLion
232 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

It's not Big Brother, there would have been no sex anyway.
4/14/13 2:13 PM
JeffersonDArcyChoke
293 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

She is wrong.

The girl who puts out will make MORE money than those who don't.

WMMA is new as it is so anyone doing anything becomes of interest.

Well, become the wild chick on this season and it could lead to WWE as a diva, Playboy, The Apprentice, movie roles, etc.

If you have no chance of winning this season, you'd best be advised to take advantage of the situation and stand out.

Average Hooters-dining guys aren't watching because they'll hope to see women with skills on par with the men.

They will be watching in hopes of seeing something salacious.

WE watch for fights and respect all athletes but the bulk of the viewing audience would eat up a hook-up or girls acting like it's Flavor of Love. Phone Post
4/14/13 3:35 PM
SteveNovak

puss'nmitts - Ronda is cock blocking

haha agreed
4/14/13 4:36 PM
British101

JeffersonDArcyChoke - She is wrong.

Well, become the wild chick on this season and it could lead to WWE as a diva, Playboy, The Apprentice, movie roles, etc.

If you have no chance of winning this season, you'd best be advised to take advantage of the situation and stand out.

Average Hooters-dining guys aren't watching because they'll hope to see women with skills on par with the men.

WE watch for fights and respect all athletes but the bulk of the viewing audience would eat up a hook-up or girls acting like it's Flavor of Love. Phone Post
Totally agree. There's no such thing as bad press Phone Post
4/14/13 5:35 PM
soremano

good

I don't expect any sexual stuff to be going on in the house anyway, contrary to 'omg men and women in the house will be crazy!', with so much on the line they will make sure there is very little immaturity

4/14/13 5:44 PM
CindyO

"I'm going to have to remind these girls that this is the first impression you're setting for women MMA fighters because this is a lot of exposure that they're going to be getting. If they're the chick that was screwing around the house, for the rest of their career they're going to be known as the chick that was screwing around the house. Sponsors are going to be looking at that. Everybody's going to be looking at that."

That needed to be pointed out or this show would turn into Real World. And she's 100% right.

Cindy

4/14/13 5:45 PM
CindyO

JuicedBeast -  Is this the same rousey that likes to get sexed up before fighting?

Pot meet kettle... Phone Post

LOL! That's riiiiight=)

Cindy

4/14/13 5:49 PM
SLUGSHOT_331
274 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Who will be known as this season's "Cat Smasher"? 

If you catch my drift...

4/14/13 8:24 PM
Bentleysuper8

Edited: 04/14/13 8:24 PM
JeffersonDArcyChoke - 

She is wrong.

Most posters on here can't tell they diference between they're and there, your and you're and you come busting out with salacious. Slumming?
4/14/13 9:35 PM
rbl
172 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

soremano -

good

I don't expect any sexual stuff to be going on in the house anyway, contrary to 'omg men and women in the house will be crazy!', with so much on the line they will make sure there is very little immaturity

I'm not sure if you're being ironic or you've just never seen TUF. Phone Post
4/14/13 9:54 PM
Dingleberry Flopdoink The 3rd
12 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

BUFFGEO - "I think the series, itself, has kind of gone away from the attention-grabby reality TV-esque kind of genre and more into just a documentary series on the toughest, most competitive tournament in martial arts," said Rousey.

LOL she has clearly never watched it

and her comments are all well and good, but no one is going to be making well thought decisions after the alcohol starts flowing!
You clearly didn't watch the most recent season. Phone Post 3.0
4/14/13 9:56 PM
ManWithTheIronFists
60 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

What if you're getting laid to cut weight?
4/14/13 10:42 PM
FunDeath4u

Sluts on TV can make a lot of money. MTV proved that.
4/14/13 11:29 PM
Papi Chingon
16 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

JuicedBeast -  Is this the same rousey that likes to get sexed up before fighting?

Pot meet kettle... Phone Post

I was going to post something similar. I mean if they are trying to be the next Ronda, and that's what the champ says boosts female's testosterone before fights...

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.