UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Tate pissed f@$%!#& fight was stopped early

4/14/13 1:46 PM
Ignore | Vote Down | Vote Up
Underground Blog
912 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MixedMartialArts.com

Referee Kim Winslow stopped Saturday night's co-main event Cat Zingano vs. Miesha Tate bout at 2:55 of Round 3 following a series of knees and an elbow.

At the post-fight press conference, "Cupcake" Tate argued vehemently that the stoppage was premature.

She also felt there might have been a late knee.

“I’m pissed to say the least,” said Tate. “I’m definitely not happy. I still feel like I was in the fight. I don’t for one second feel like it should have been stopped. I’m a fighter and I wanted to keep fighting.”

“Kim came in and told me before we ever left the locker room that, ‘If I warn you to move, all I need to know is that you want to stay in the fight. I felt that I did that. I got from the bottom, up. I got kneed a few times on the way. I tried to shoot another shot, and the fight was stopped.

“I sat up. I shot a double. I got to my feet. I took some damage because of that, because I was trying to listen to the referee, and she f------ stopped the fight. She told me to, ‘Show me something.’ I don’t know what you want?”

What do you think UG? Was the stoppage early, late, or just right?

4/14/13 1:47 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Smellde Gluve
473 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

A little early maybe.

I was uncertain if she was going for a takedown or just going down.

Still not sure.

4/14/13 1:49 PM
lildragonof
47 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

If you look at her legs you can see she shot for a takedown, sloppy but it was an attempt. Phone Post
4/14/13 1:51 PM
GarlicSauce
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Was there any doubt this was a shitty stoppage and horribly early? Miesha has every right to state the truth.

4/14/13 1:53 PM
JeffersonDArcyChoke
211 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The knee that sent her head snapping back is what led to the stoppage more than her dropping/shooting for the leg.

If you believe she was dropped, I still argue the knee that swiveled her head captured Kim Winslow's attention.

If you argue she was aware and shooting for a takedown, I again argue that it was seeing her head snap back from a flush knee that made Winslow's decision.

That one major knee that just made you wince is what stopped it as her hands were down and her face got mushed.

We've seen guys stopped over relatively light hammerfists that are hitting more arm than a guy's head but the argument is "he wasn't defending himself" so a stoppage is just.

In this case, Cat landed some heavy blows and one in particular looked devastating which led to her on the ground.

It's going to get stopped every time no matter who is in there.

If Tate remains standing the fight continues.

I just don't think it continues for long based on the punishment she was starting to absorb. Phone Post
4/14/13 1:53 PM
Condit's Face Broke My Hand
518 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Thought it was a good stoppage. Tate was getting smashed. Phone Post
4/14/13 1:54 PM
UGCTT_red_nose
16 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I understand what Meisha's complaint is. This is classic Kim Winslow... its always going to be either too late or too early. Phone Post
GOREILLAMAN
218 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Maybe a little early. But to me it looked like she got dropped, and then went for a desperation takedown. I don't think it was a bad stoppage though, she was eating some wicked knees. Phone Post
Xuh
14 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Let her fuckin' bang bro. She wants to be a fuckin' fighter.

BTW, Rousey, Tate, and Kaufman (on twitter) said the stop was early.

Plus me, here: It was early.
4/14/13 1:58 PM
stonepony

That fight could have been stopped earlier. Tate is tough, but, she was taking huge damage and not responding. Weakly reaching for an ankle from all fours in a daze, isn't really fighting back.
4/14/13 1:59 PM
Mudderfaeg
52 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Smellde Gluve -

A little early maybe.

I was uncertain if she was going for a takedown or just going down.

Still not sure.

This. Phone Post 3.0
4/14/13 2:02 PM
anunaki
7 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

all the girls that said it was stopped early just wanted to see tate take more of that ass whuppin she was getting!
4/14/13 2:03 PM
Steven McTowelie
285 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Stoppage was perfect I say.

Though perhaps it was early in that more time would have allowed Cat to knock Meisha out cold which would have given us the amazing privilege of hearing a creative excuse from Meisha explaining how it was still bullshit.

Man was she bitter and sore loser-ish at the post fight. Show some grace in defeat for once! Phone Post 3.0
4/14/13 2:03 PM
Shogun of Harlem
116 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I haven't seen enough of Kim Winslow before to have an opinion on her, but that stoppage was early IMO. Especially, for a fight of this caliber and then fighters involved. Miesha is a former champion.
4/14/13 2:04 PM
BuddyRevell
106 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Early stoppage. Meisha's known to take a lot of damage and keep fighting (except from that brutal Kaitlin Young headkick).

caposa
1423 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 04/14/13 2:05 PM

Nothing wrong with that stoppage. Meisha should try defending herself with something other than her face.

Kinkle

Condit's Face Broke My Hand - Thought it was a good stoppage. Tate was getting smashed. Phone Post
She was definitely getting smashed, however that does NOT justify a stoppage, the TD attempt was Tate's attempt at defending herself. It looked like Winslow misinterpreted that as her going limp. I thought it was a bad stoppage in the heat of the moment, and I feel the same way today. Zingano would've probably won regardless though. Phone Post 3.0
Wade5000
28 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Another one to add to a long list of bad stoppages from Kim Winslow.... Does she know how bad she is? And her incompetence effect the careers of pro fighters. The BC needs to step in and fire someone when the are not qualified.

Winslow is so arrogant, she does not know she bad, so she will NEVER get better. She thinks she is the best.
4/14/13 2:08 PM
2JupitersTooMany
1574 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

With the benefit of replay it looks like she planned to sort of fall forward into an exhausted double but you can't take a slew of unanswered knees to the face and expect a ref to read your mind and leave you unprotected. Winslow is the worst ref in the business but that was a close call. Phone Post 3.0
4/14/13 2:13 PM
D241

I like my fight outcomes to be definitive.

This one wasn't, but had it gone on a little longer, perhaps it would've been a definitive ending. Uncertainty is a shitty feeling for a fight fan, far worse for the "losing" fighter.

4/14/13 2:17 PM
Jacinto

I remember thinking it was a little early when watching it live. Did look like it was more of a drop then a reach for legs though at the end. In any case i wouldn't have been against seeing Tate take more punishment before it was stopped to seal the deal.
4/14/13 2:18 PM
Pancake Syrup
520 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Cat would have fucked her up even more if she didn't stop it
4/14/13 2:19 PM
KevinMcAllister
209 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Just coast Phone Post 3.0
4/14/13 2:20 PM
Jone2tone
122 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

2JupitersTooMany - With the benefit of replay it looks like she planned to sort of fall forward into an exhausted double but you can't take a slew of unanswered knees to the face and expect a ref to read your mind and leave you unprotected. Winslow is the worst ref in the business but that was a close call. Phone Post 3.0
This. Yes, it could be argued that Tate was trying to fight, but that looked as much like a collapse as it did an attempt at a takedown.

I thought Rousey made a good point when they asked her about it: to paraphrase, "If Miesha wants to complain about the stoppage she shouldn't have been in that position in the first place." There's no way you take that many heavy hits and the ref won't be looking to stop - good or bad ref. Phone Post 3.0
4/14/13 2:25 PM
Leghound
200 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Did someone say eat?

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.