UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Hall: I was trying to have some fun

| Share | Email | Subscribe | Check IPs

4/14/13 4:27 PM
Ignore | Vote Down | Vote Up
Underground Blog
1425 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MixedMartialArts.com

Talking to the media on Saturday, UFC President Dana White expressed he felt that Urijah Hall folded under the pressure and some media criticized him for 'show-boating'. Hall himself spoke to MMAJunkie about the fight and his so-called 'show-boating':

"I was trying to have some fun, man," he told MMAjunkie.com after the fight. "A big part of it was it was it was kind of hard, too. I trained with the guy, and I like him. It was kind of that emotion I was trying to get rid of, so it was kind of weird.

"Going in the ring, I was like, 'S---, here we go again.' That side just kind of got the best of me, but there's no excuse. Kelvin's a great guy. He's a tough kid. I think he's going to go really far in this sport, and I'm happy for him."

read entire article...

4/14/13 4:30 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
ABE FROMAN
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

In for shitstorm.

4/14/13 4:34 PM
Kings21
25 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I hate to say it but, is his gf a bitch like him too?
4/14/13 4:35 PM
BrattMamley
1547 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Kelvin is gonna have more fun with his 6 figure contract. Phone Post 3.0
4/14/13 4:40 PM
UGCTT_Charles Bronsons Mustache
65 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The AUDACITY!
4/14/13 4:40 PM
Thingading
267 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I thinke he meant "I was trying to have some dumb."
4/14/13 4:47 PM
stonepony

Kings21 - I hate to say it but, is his gf a bitch like him too?

What an asshole comment directed at who is by all accounts an amazing fighter and a good person. What the f' is wrong with you?
4/14/13 4:50 PM
FunkMasterJoe
16 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

stonepony -

What an asshole comment directed at who is by all accounts an amazing fighter and a good person. What the f' is wrong with you?
It was a stupid comment, but I think he was playing on what Uriah said in Tuf house to Adam Cella. Phone Post
4/14/13 4:52 PM
stonepony

RampageFitsLikeAGlove - 
BrattMamley - Kelvin is gonna have more fun with his 6 figure contract. Phone Post 3.0

LOL at people still buying into the "6 figure contract."   What the UFC doesn't disclose is IF you keep winning, it's a 6 figure contract over 9 fights or around 3 years.  Yay!   $34K a year!!   However you'll never see the 4th fight if you lose the first 3, so it's really a $24- $36K contract.  And what's the difference between a TUF winner and loser?  $4K a fight?  If Uriah wins one KO of the night bonus he's now making more money than Kelvin.  However, he didn't get the sweet Harley though.

Good for Kelvin though....he seems like a good dude and always nice to see the underdog come out on top.

Yeah, they could all end up doing better than the initial TUF contract. It was a talented group.

Uriah's "hype train" hasn't been derailed. It never was a hype train. He crushed all of his opponents in devastating fashion. Kelvin is good, and brought a great gameplan.
4/14/13 4:55 PM
Immaculata
72 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

TITAN Combat/TITAN Grappling Open, Promoter
It was a close fight, he'll be back. I can't wait to see him against someone he doesn't like.
4/14/13 5:03 PM
stonepony

Immaculata - It was a close fight, he'll be back. I can't wait to see him against someone he doesn't like.

Who could that be though? Seems like the sweetest guy in the world. Like JDS.

It will take a massive a-hole for Uriah to say a bad word about him. IMO. Chael might be the only guy who could have pissed him off, and that's not going to happen now because Uriah already got a look behind the curtain.
4/14/13 5:45 PM
Kick Boxe
110 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

RLL - 
stonepony -

Lol. Guess you didnt watch the show? Phone Post

stonepony just got outed as a special person

4/14/13 5:48 PM
Kick Boxe
110 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Uriah bought into his own hype, was comical to see him go in there with his hands down and stand against the cage like he has done something already or has that kind of skillset. I was intrigued by him, but he instantly made me not a fan. Was glad to see him lose maybe he will get a clue

4/14/13 5:56 PM
BRUCEYI
8 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Uriah knows how powerful he is. I can imagine him holding back on his friend and training partner, kelvin. Uriah was regretting all his previous knockouts, and he wasn't too close to bubba, cella, etc.

Respect to kelvin for taking it to Uriah, but I definitely saw Uriah not at top form. Phone Post 3.0
4/14/13 6:06 PM
NastyNate420
50 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

You know? As he was getting rocked and taken down in the first round I was thinking the same thing, "Hall is just trying to have some fun!"
4/14/13 6:17 PM
12ealdeal

Kick Boxe -
RLL - 
stonepony -

Lol. Guess you didnt watch the show? Phone Post

stonepony just got outed as a special person

This Phone Post 3.0
4/14/13 6:29 PM
Chiron
7 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

That sort of mindset kinda makes me wish Dana would photoshop pictures of a fighter's opponent with his g/f or something so there's some more bad intentions in the fighters head going into the cage. lol
4/14/13 6:29 PM
Chiron
7 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

That sort of mindset kinda makes me wish Dana would photoshop pictures of a fighter's opponent with his g/f or something so there's some more bad intentions in the fighters head going into the cage. lol
4/14/13 7:56 PM
Chiron

duckhuntgangsta - 
Chiron - That sort of mindset kinda makes me wish Dana would photoshop pictures of a fighter's opponent with his g/f or something so there's some more bad intentions in the fighters head going into the cage. lol

Urijah Faber and Scott had no problem fighting each other. Cerrone and Melvin same thing and Melvin got KOed IRCC. Every fight presents diferent mental challenges, you just have to prepare for them. 

I agree with you. I just hate it when some guys go into it without that kind of bad intention, considering the sport we're watching and all.
4/14/13 8:41 PM
quality

I've had to fight friends or people that I know in the past and I've always held back. I'm not saying this is what happened but it's possible.
4/14/13 8:55 PM
UGCTT_FryedTakayama
912 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Tharian - ...
Too much fun? What's that mean?
It's like too much money, there's no such thing
It's like a girl too pretty, with too much class
Being too lucky, a car too fast
No matter what they say I've done
I ain't never had too much fun
Chael Sonnen approves of this post. Bravo. Phone Post 3.0
4/14/13 9:40 PM
JeffersonDArcyChoke
509 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The UFC TUF "six figure contract" is like when you were in high school and a girl said she was going to have sex with you.

Then all she did was give you an awkward handjob in a spare bedroom at a house party before you resumed drinking Natural Light.

Yeah, you shot your load.

Yeah, it technically was a sexual act WITH a girl.

But it's not quite what you were led to believe when you were carrying that bitch's books and buying her dinner.

That's the TUF "six figure contract".

It's a contract. It's technically six figures but it's not the Porsche, big house, lingerie model type money you think it is. Phone Post
4/14/13 10:40 PM
JSF1984

stonepony -

You are such a pussy. Losers like you are the reason America is in the shape it's in. Phone Post
4/14/13 11:07 PM
themmaexpert

RampageFitsLikeAGlove - 
BrattMamley - Kelvin is gonna have more fun with his 6 figure contract. Phone Post 3.0

LOL at people still buying into the "6 figure contract."   What the UFC doesn't disclose is IF you keep winning, it's a 6 figure contract over 9 fights or around 3 years.  Yay!   $34K a year!!   However you'll never see the 4th fight if you lose the first 3, so it's really a $24- $36K contract.  And what's the difference between a TUF winner and loser?  $4K a fight?  If Uriah wins one KO of the night bonus he's now making more money than Kelvin.  However, he didn't get the sweet Harley though.

Good for Kelvin though....he seems like a good dude and always nice to see the underdog come out on top.

Well if you don't perform atleast you'll make a 100k, over 3 fights. If you do perform you will have unlimited potential sponsorship and other goodies. I'd need to see the list of tuf winners to see how things played out. This is the golden goose, you build on.
4/14/13 11:28 PM
Kings21
25 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

stonepony - 

There appears to be sand in your vag.

| Share | Email | Subscribe | Check IPs

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.