UnderGround Forums

S&C UnderGround >> What are the effects of weight training if....

4/15/13 12:18 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
OregonChaelClosedDueToBandWagonCrash
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

You are NOT in a calorie surplus but train weights hard as fuck eat clean and do a fair amount of high intensity cardio.

The reason I ask this is because I work with a few guys (I'm a firefighter) who have me never done a bulk/ cut cycle in their life but are in tremendous shape with quite a muscular physique. Science says you need surplus calories to grow but how can this be true if people who have never done a bulk are quite large? Phone Post 3.0
4/15/13 4:27 AM
Leigh
625 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

You don't need to go on a bulk to build muscle, its possible that your colleagues eat slightly more than maintenance and gradually build muscle without fat. Phone Post
4/15/13 10:36 AM
vermonter
81 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Science of late has actually been pretty clear that consumed protein in absence of carbohydrate absorbs just as completely as with carbohydrate, but sometimes a little more gradually. It's been a pretty frequent topic these days.

I don't think a bulking phase does much besides get you fat. But, you do not to maintain adequate glycogen to keep your strength high which can be a game of experience.
4/15/13 2:15 PM
Nick Diaz is the KingGoAT
22 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Lean muscle mass baby. Ill bet these guys are more cut/defined than they are jacked (I.e huge, bulky muscles), its about takin in the required amount of protiens/carbs rather than an excess amount Phone Post

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.