UnderGround Forums

BJJGround Forum >> BBJJO Round Robin - JUNE 15TH - Louisville KY

5/15/13 3:28 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Setree
43 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

1 month until the event!
5/15/13 4:34 PM
trianglinho
7 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

do the divisions fill up/ get capped? are there purple belt spots still open? 170-190ish?
5/15/13 8:33 PM
Setree
43 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

No caps required. Divisions are created at weighins, placing competitors in divisions with those closest to their weight, at their rank. An ideal division has 5 competitors, but a handful of divisions will be of differing sizes, depending on turnout and weighins.

Come on!
5/15/13 10:12 PM
Sugarfoot
127 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

In Phone Post 3.0
5/16/13 8:00 PM
Sugarfoot
127 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Are there not enough competitors to have age groups as well? I'm an old man! Phone Post 3.0
5/16/13 10:20 PM
baby-silverback
289 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

.....sorry Sugarfoot, I have way more experience being "old" :) Phone Post
5/17/13 1:51 AM
GayGuardMooseSaucy
439 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Setree - No caps required. Divisions are created at weighins, placing competitors in divisions with those closest to their weight, at their rank. An ideal division has 5 competitors, but a handful of divisions will be of differing sizes, depending on turnout and weighins.

Come on!
Anyway we can get a list of competitors? Got a lot of blue belts registered? Phone Post 3.0
5/17/13 7:04 AM
cdog1955
5 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I have several teammates and friends coming to this, so i will be there to watch.
5/18/13 8:16 AM
Alumynabjj
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I'm from Louisville and no way associated with this school yet I have many friends who have done it and they loved it. Along with the no time limit tourney these are the two most popular or the ones that the locals get excited about.
5/18/13 8:17 AM
Alumynabjj

Setree - Chewy won the division last round robin.

Allan is currently recovering from a pretty serious injury, but told me recently that he has his eyes on a particular tournament in the future.

Chewy is a beast and a good dude. Is Weedman going to give his new black belt a run? Any other local bb's? Have you talked to Bruno?
5/18/13 3:23 PM
Setree

GayGuardMooseSaucy - 
Setree - No caps required. Divisions are created at weighins, placing competitors in divisions with those closest to their weight, at their rank. An ideal division has 5 competitors, but a handful of divisions will be of differing sizes, depending on turnout and weighins.

Come on!
Anyway we can get a list of competitors? Got a lot of blue belts registered? Phone Post 3.0

I don't tend to publish competitor lists. (Am I the only one that thinks that's creepy?) I will start publishing some event data statistics soon.

Our last event had 240 competitors and 8 blue belt divisions. I'm expecting 300+ competitors. The blue belt divisions will be plentiful and very evenly weighted.

All divisions are are a go.
5/18/13 3:28 PM
Setree

Alumynabjj - I'm from Louisville and no way associated with this school yet I have many friends who have done it and they loved it. Along with the no time limit tourney these are the two most popular or the ones that the locals get excited about.

Thanks for the plug.

We have had a competitor drive from Atlanta 2 years in a row, and I'm already seeing registrations from Chicago this year.

Word is spreading. The BBJJO is the most fun you'll ever have at a grappling tournament.
5/18/13 3:30 PM
Setree

Alumynabjj - 

Allan is currently recovering from a pretty serious injury, but told me recently that he has his eyes on a particular tournament in the future.

Chewy is a beast and a good dude. Is Weedman going to give his new black belt a run? Any other local bb's? Have you talked to Bruno?

Weedman has always been really supportive of the event. I bet he shows if he's not fighting. The $500 prize shouldn't hurt Blackbelt turnout this event.
5/18/13 10:22 PM
Alumynabjj

Setree -
Alumynabjj - 

Weedman has always been really supportive of the event. I bet he shows if he's not fighting. The $500 prize shouldn't hurt Blackbelt turnout this event.
Any idea on number of blacks? Still going to watch yet just wondering. Phone Post
5/18/13 10:34 PM
GayGuardMooseSaucy
439 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Setree -
GayGuardMooseSaucy - 

Come on!

I don't tend to publish competitor lists. (Am I the only one that thinks that's creepy?) I will start publishing some event data statistics soon.

Our last event had 240 competitors and 8 blue belt divisions. I'm expecting 300+ competitors. The blue belt divisions will be plentiful and very evenly weighted.

All divisions are are a go.
Only problem with last time is nobody hardly stayed for the blue belt absolute. I think the cash incentive will change that this time. Not sure if you remember me, I had that huge throw in the absolute and ended up winning it. Looking forward to the event Phone Post 3.0
5/19/13 4:58 AM
GayGuardMooseSaucy

NeilDiamond - Round robin comps are amazing for new competitors! Great tournament experience! I entered one here in Australia last weekend.

Did I hear someone ask how I did?! I won my division with 4 submissions. Phone Post
Congrats chief Phone Post 3.0
5/19/13 1:46 PM
Alumynabjj

NeilDiamond - Round robin comps are amazing for new competitors! Great tournament experience! I entered one here in Australia last weekend.

Did I hear someone ask how I did?! I won my division with 4 submissions. Phone Post
Lmfoa! Phone Post
5/20/13 2:37 PM
Setree

NeilDiamond -  Round robin comps are amazing for new competitors! Great tournament experience! I entered one here in Australia last weekend.

Congrats!
5/24/13 2:18 PM
Setree

ttt
5/27/13 3:45 PM
Setree

I was working my ass off last year trying to ensure brown belt divisions for the BBJJO. This year, they are lining up. Apparently, money talks! $500 to the best Black Belt. $400 to the best Brown Belt. $300 to the best Purple Belt. $200 to the best Blue Belt. $100 to the best White Belt.

5/27/13 4:05 PM
baby-silverback
289 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

TTT Phone Post
5/30/13 2:51 PM
Setree

and a ttt
6/3/13 6:55 PM
Setree

Now that the words are over, it's time to focus on the BBJJO!
6/6/13 7:13 PM
Setree

Furthest registration is 575 miles away!

Check out the map:

http://batchgeo.com/map/d37073fd20fbcc609f3307f6bd2caf0d
6/8/13 1:10 AM
MMD
2 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Alumynabjj, I'll see Bruno this afternoon, and I'll ask him if he is going to compete.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.