UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Parillo: BJ's gonna win 155 title

4/15/13 4:42 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Anderson's BBC in my Goku
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

“When I talked to BJ, for example… BJ’s a straight fighter, I mean he’s a killer.  I mean he’s an athlete- and all these guys are athletes.  But a lot of these guys make it through this game just being athletic; BJ makes it through this game being a bonafide killer.  I mean the guy really has a different mindset; he’s an intelligent guy, and we were able to connect because he knew that’s what kept him going was his mind.  That’s what keeps him going.  BJ’s mind is still so strong, we’re going to see that guy win a title again [laughs].  But he is, he’s going to win a 55 title.”

http://www.bjpenn.com/exclusive-part-2-top-coach-jason-parillo-people-may-not-want-to-hear-this-but-bj-penn-will-be-lightweight-champ-again/

4/15/13 4:43 PM
ryans
120 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

WAR PENN
4/15/13 4:44 PM
ryans
120 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Although as much as I want to believe.. I don't.

Sadface.
4/15/13 4:46 PM
Calavaro
216 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

http://www.bjpenn.com/exclusive-part-2-top-coach-jason-parillo-people-may-not-want-to-hear-this-but-bj-penn-will-be-lightweight-champ-again/

If anyone can do it, again, it's BJ Penn.

4/15/13 4:47 PM
TuLegit

Lets go BJ! Get your ass back in the LW mix Phone Post 3.0
4/15/13 4:50 PM
John M
228 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The LW version of BJ Penn is a tank. He definitely could if he really dedicated himself.
4/15/13 4:51 PM
Kings21
42 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I've always been a fan of BJ and I hope he's confident and gets back to contender form but IMO theres no way he gets that title again.
4/15/13 4:52 PM
UGCTT_FryedTakayama
784 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I just want to see BJ back at 155

4/15/13 4:54 PM
Zed Wayne Zed
99 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Unless he heads somewhere where he's not in charge and they force him to do stuff he doesn't want to do, no chance.

Look at who is in the mix, including the champ, at 155.

Sad to say, but this is a coach just saying nice things about a friend.
4/15/13 4:56 PM
Johnny D
17 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

"BJ makes it through this game being a bonafide killer".

While I agree he's a bonafide killer the problem is it hasn't gotten him thru this game successfully all the time.

There's not to many from the sport of MMA I would unquestionably put next to myself in a street fight to help out but BJ would definitely be one of them, no doubt in my mind he could dish it out as well as take it.

but there are indeed many things he could improve to be more successful at being an elite champion in MMA.
Jone2tone
132 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

BJ vs. Bendo? I'd pay to see that! Phone Post 3.0
BOMDC
14 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I love BJ but I don't want to see him in there with guys like Bendo.
4/15/13 5:02 PM
FatFrenchFry
102 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I'd jizz my freakin panties... But it won't happen... So my panties stay clean. Phone Post 3.0
4/15/13 5:07 PM
Delightone
25 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

UGCTT_FryedTakayama -

This!

Never understood why he moved up.
He was king 55, well one without a trone but still a king Phone Post
4/15/13 5:21 PM
Mufasatheking

madmaxej9 - I love BJ but the sport evolved so fast the last couple of years that he won't be able to catch up anymore. Aside from the athletic component (and Parillo is right, a lot of guys are more athletic than skilled but if someone just outpaces you he's still gonna win) the level of skill has risen so much the last 2-3 years that it's almost impossible for BJ. The Rory fight was a perfect example. punching and kick combinations left and right, question mark kicks, liver shots, wrestling...BJ is too one dimensional to hang with these young kids nowadays.

I'd love to see him fight Bendo, but it would look exactly the same as his fight with GSP. he wouldn't be able to submit bendo and he'd get his ass kicked in the stand up...and if not in the first round, then mid second..when he gets tired....sad thing but brutal reality

Penn looked too be in pretty good shape against rory, he just had nothing for him.

Even against Edgar he was in good shape, he just didnt know how to handle Frankie's style.

Hell get a win, which will get him hype, but then hell probably lose again and retire
4/15/13 5:24 PM
Bungle2711
16 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Gatekeeper at best which is a shame, probably end up like Fitch and end up knocking off contenders without ever being able to beat the top 3 guys in the division.

4/15/13 5:24 PM
Motivated Penn
68 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Delightone - 
UGCTT_FryedTakayama -

This!

BJ Penn has limitless ambition and confidence.

People shit on his record now.

I wonder how GSP would have fared if he'd have gone to MW after a single belt defense.

Or Anderson Silva at LHW.

Not fighting random dudes, but fighting for the belt, and other top 10s.

BJ is probably set like a motherfucker financially, age only goes in one direction, so if he wants to go out with a bang, fuck yeah, go for it.
4/15/13 5:29 PM
FatFrenchFry
102 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Motivated Penn -
Delightone - 
UGCTT_FryedTakayama -

This!

I wonder how GSP would have fared if he'd have gone to MW after a single belt defense.

BJ is probably set like a motherfucker financially, age only goes in one direction, so if he wants to go out with a bang, fuck yeah, go for it.
Not completely relevant to your post, but machida at fucking HEAVYWEIGHT. Kid is crazy as a coconut. I don't think we'll ever see anyone attempting shit like that. Phone Post 3.0
4/15/13 5:40 PM
Motivated Penn
68 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

FatFrenchFry - 
Motivated Penn -
Delightone - 
UGCTT_FryedTakayama -

This!

Not completely relevant to your post, but machida at fucking HEAVYWEIGHT. Kid is crazy as a coconut. I don't think we'll ever see anyone attempting shit like that. Phone Post 3.0

ANYTHING bigging up BJ Penn is relevant to my posts, breh.

Yeah, he's not 50% athlete 50% businessman like some other champs, he's 100% warrior.
4/15/13 5:40 PM
MasterofMartialArts
119 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I want to BELIEVE Phone Post 3.0
4/15/13 6:06 PM
Mudderfaeg
53 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

ryans - Although as much as I want to believe.. I don't.

Sadface.
This :( Phone Post 3.0
4/15/13 6:23 PM
UGCTT_SidRival
451 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Hana hou!! Motivated BJ = LW GOAT Phone Post 3.0
4/15/13 6:34 PM
Fraser_Finlay
224 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Must... Not... Get... Hopes... Up... Phone Post 3.0
4/15/13 6:39 PM
FedorEmilioEstevez
49 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Do it BJ! Phone Post 3.0
4/15/13 6:46 PM
Malvert the Janitor
813 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Fraser_Finlay - Must... Not... Get... Hopes... Up... Phone Post 3.0
Just go with it, man. Just go with it... Phone Post 3.0

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.