UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Parillo: BJ's gonna win 155 title

4/15/13 6:46 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
weebrave
87 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MasterofMartialArts - I want to BELIEVE Phone Post 3.0
This Phone Post
4/15/13 6:50 PM
rkilla
39 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 04/15/13 6:50 PM
I believe.
4/15/13 6:52 PM
Malvert the Janitor
849 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

^ and believers get vote ups.

Say Marinovich and I'll orgasm. Phone Post 3.0
4/15/13 7:04 PM
malryan
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

BJ is straight up one of the most talented fighters ever to step foot in the cage, if his desire and work ethic matched his talent level he would be the undisputed GOAT right now. I have no doubt that BJ could really spend some time getting in primo shape and win the LW title again, I have huge doubts that he would ever get himself in the required shape at this point. It's over. Phone Post 3.0
4/15/13 7:21 PM
malryan

RampageFitsLikeAGlove -
malryan - BJ is straight up one of the most talented fighters ever to step foot in the cage, if his desire and work ethic matched his talent level he would be the undisputed GOAT right now. I have no doubt that BJ could really spend some time getting in primo shape and win the LW title again, I have huge doubts that he would ever get himself in the required shape at this point. It's over. Phone Post 3.0

I'm usually at odds when people say this.  When has BJ ever gassed at 155, his own weight class?  He gasses when he has huge wrestlers laying/pushing on him at 170.  The WW division is just way too big for his frame.  I'd bet Diaz would tire out too if he went up and fought Okami for 5 rounds.

It's not a case of him gassing at 55, but the difference between the BJ that fought sherk/Diego absolutely murders the BJ that fought frankie twice. When he's properly trained he is a killer with talent that can't be matched, when he phones it in he gets owned by a featherweight. At this level, talent alone will only get you so far, the fact that he has huge balls took him a little bit further but it was the hardcore training that made him look unbeatable. I'm not interested in seeing BJ anymore unless he's putting in a massive effort during his fight camps. That BJ is a legend, the one who fought Rory is a guy who thinks he can just show up and beat anyone and it doesn't work like that. Phone Post 3.0
4/15/13 7:27 PM
ghostofgibran
6 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

If it were up to me Nick would be the undisputed WW champ and BJ would be even more dominant at LW.

But sometimes we just have to accept the truth bros.
4/15/13 7:28 PM
Quickash1t

rkilla - 
I believe.

Intense GIF.
Please BJ you can do it.
4/15/13 7:45 PM
I_Bungalo_Baboo_Babies
31 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

God I want to believe BJ but I've been hurt too many times to get back in the saddle so quickly. Save me a spot for after his comeback fight if that's impressive I'm back on the bandwagon. Bendo dwarfs BJ and has insane TDD how would BJ beat him? Certainly not cardio Phone Post
4/15/13 7:55 PM
SLUGSHOT_331
275 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I BELIEVE!!! Phone Post
4/15/13 7:59 PM
hellride
159 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

He could do it. Everyone has always felt his best weight was 55' the big question is does he want it. He won't be able to half ass it at 55 anymore with the stacked talent in that division.
4/15/13 8:03 PM
PrettyBoy
34 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Bungle2711 -

Gatekeeper at best which is a shame, probably end up like Fitch and end up knocking off contenders without ever being able to beat the top 3 guys in the division.

What fight at 155 makes you think that? A in shape motivated BJ can beat anyone at 155 even in his old age. Phone Post
4/15/13 8:17 PM
Chris Leben is a Zombie

So does this mean he's coming back to 155?

I think he beats everyone but Benson.

Id live to see BJ vs Jim Miller, Lauzon, Gil etc Phone Post 3.0
4/15/13 8:41 PM
The_Spider
114 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

rkilla - 
I believe.

This always pumps me up.
4/15/13 9:13 PM
orcus

"the BJ that fought sherk/Diego absolutely murders the BJ that fought frankie twice."

No. Same BJ. The difference is Sherk and Diego just walked straight into his punches over and over. They didn't make him work in the slightest. They didn't make him chase, didn't make him turn, weren't fast enough to hit him, weren't fast enough to avoid being hit, weren't good enough to take him down.

Diego did nothing but blunder straight forward with his 1800s style 1-2s, and go for desperation takedowns -- the guy never successfully outwrestles anyone anymore, it's not going to be BJ.

Sherk did nothing but blunder straight forward whiffing hooks with his short arms from 5 feet away. He made exactly one half-assed takedown attempt.

4/15/13 9:16 PM
Kid Charlemagne
42 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I wish Phone Post 3.0
4/15/13 9:25 PM
Silverball
17 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Parillo should apologize to BJ fans for supporting the idea that Marv Marinovich wasn't as important to BJ's camps as he was, which ultimately lead to Marv's departing prior to the first fight with Frankie...allegedly. Speaking of which, I agree with Parillo that BJ won that first fight with Edgar, but oh well. Phone Post
4/15/13 9:35 PM
SlightlyStoopid
27 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Phone Post 3.0
4/15/13 9:37 PM
MrNiceguy66

Just scrap! Phone Post 3.0
4/15/13 9:40 PM
Poker face

BJ is the GOAT when it comes to just raw killer instinct in the cage . Any1 should respect the man for going for gold in both weight classes ( Winning in both)
Who ever suggested the dolce diet has s good idea would love to see an in shape BJ dominate the LW div again
Dream match ups Bendo or Showtime Phone Post
4/15/13 9:43 PM
hybridfc
2 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

4/15/13 9:50 PM
Sakuraba belt
14 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Any updates on his cataracts?

And he could beat a lot of guys at 155, someone in the top 5? ...probably not as much as I hate to say it.
4/15/13 10:16 PM
UVolt
45 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Fuck Parillo. He not only gives off major douche vibes but he also gives the worst corner advice ever. "Get in there and kick his ass bro!" "You're better than him, punch him in the face!" Not exact words but you get my drift.

I'm a huge BJ fan and I'd love to see him go back to the Marinovich camp and start running shit at 155 again. Phone Post
4/15/13 10:54 PM
UGPTT_Rear Naked Chode
430 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

If I hear a confirmed fight at 155 then I'm all bonered up.
4/15/13 11:06 PM
falsecrack
30 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

BJ could could back and destroy fools if he was willing to do like many other mma guys and hit the vitamin S

4/15/13 11:07 PM
falsecrack
30 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

UVolt -  Fuck Parillo. He not only gives off major douche vibes but he also gives the worst corner advice ever. "Get in there and kick his ass bro!" "You're better than him, punch him in the face!" Not exact words but you get my drift.

I'm a huge BJ fan and I'd love to see him go back to the Marinovich camp and start running shit at 155 again. Phone Post

lol, watch anderson silva corner his boy in that documentary...besides "just cruise" tate, I think anderson is the guy I wouldn't want in my corner between rounds of a fight I'm losing

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.