UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Parillo: BJ's gonna win 155 title

4/16/13 8:32 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
UGCTT_El Pescadero
2361 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

War Baby Jay Phone Post 3.0
4/16/13 8:40 AM
Wicked smahtMF
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

God... please, let this happen
4/16/13 10:18 AM
RDJ
18 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Please come back to lw bj Phone Post
4/16/13 10:43 AM
DaleSonnen

Man... lol its a bold statement to say BJ will be champ again. I personally dont see that happening. He's had his ass handed to him his last two fights, a draw against Fitch, and a KO win over a guy on his way out of the Business.. and the two before that were both losses as well.. the guy is pretty low on the ladder, he would have to go on a 4 fight win streak over top guys to even be considered for a title fight at this moment.. BJ's a legend, I dont want to see him get beat up anymore.. he should hang it up.
4/16/13 10:48 AM
Wicked smahtMF

Please, Lord. Let him bang his way to the ship once more
4/16/13 10:49 AM
MarkRobinson
1106 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I was absolutely devastated after his last fight.

That said, I will fully be on the war wagon of he decides to fight at 155 again.

He would fight any man on the planet and still have a beer with them afterwards, win or lose. How can you not respect that? Phone Post
4/16/13 10:51 AM
Fraser_Finlay
224 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Gooner H Smith -
Malvert the Janitor -
Fraser_Finlay - Must... Not... Get... Hopes... Up... Phone Post 3.0
Just go with it, man. Just go with it... Phone Post 3.0
We all know its already too late. It happened.

Hopes have officially risen once again. Phone Post 3.0
Yea, fuck it. I've got my hopes up now.

I just want to see BJ back at 155, if he doesn't win the title again that's fine. I just never want to see him at 170 again. It's heartbreaking... Phone Post
4/16/13 11:38 AM
Tat2tillidie
357 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

War BJ Phone Post 3.0
4/16/13 12:33 PM
Gooner H Smith

Fraser_Finlay -
Gooner H Smith -
Malvert the Janitor -
Fraser_Finlay - Must... Not... Get... Hopes... Up... Phone Post 3.0
Just go with it, man. Just go with it... Phone Post 3.0
We all know its already too late. It happened.

Hopes have officially risen once again. Phone Post 3.0
Yea, fuck it. I've got my hopes up now.

I just want to see BJ back at 155, if he doesn't win the title again that's fine. I just never want to see him at 170 again. It's heartbreaking... Phone Post
Well said. Phone Post 3.0
4/16/13 1:45 PM
wreckker
71 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Bj needs to change hisnstyle of fighting and increase his cardio

Bj 90% of the time just uses boxing!.

If he added a kicking game? with his suoer strong flexible legs,,,,, scary and it would make his boxing even better

How about using that world class bjj more?

Get offensive and take guys to the ground!

And again this will make his boxing more effective

Bj gets beat because guys know just watch out for his hands push thse pace tire him out thrn have your way with him

Bj coukd be champ again if he used all his tools and incre increased his cardio Phone Post
4/16/13 3:30 PM
Wasa-B
286 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

RampageFitsLikeAGlove - 
malryan - BJ is straight up one of the most talented fighters ever to step foot in the cage, if his desire and work ethic matched his talent level he would be the undisputed GOAT right now. I have no doubt that BJ could really spend some time getting in primo shape and win the LW title again, I have huge doubts that he would ever get himself in the required shape at this point. It's over. Phone Post 3.0

I'm usually at odds when people say this.  When has BJ ever gassed at 155, his own weight class?  He gasses when he has huge wrestlers laying/pushing on him at 170.  The WW division is just way too big for his frame.  I'd bet Diaz would tire out too if he went up and fought Okami for 5 rounds.

Diaz already looked tired and/or "unmotivated" vs GSP.
4/16/13 3:36 PM
Wasa-B
286 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

orcus - 

"the BJ that fought sherk/Diego absolutely murders the BJ that fought frankie twice."

No. Same BJ. The difference is Sherk and Diego just walked straight into his punches over and over. They didn't make him work in the slightest. They didn't make him chase, didn't make him turn, weren't fast enough to hit him, weren't fast enough to avoid being hit, weren't good enough to take him down.

Diego did nothing but blunder straight forward with his 1800s style 1-2s, and go for desperation takedowns -- the guy never successfully outwrestles anyone anymore, it's not going to be BJ.

Sherk did nothing but blunder straight forward whiffing hooks with his short arms from 5 feet away. He made exactly one half-assed takedown attempt.

Agree with Orcus.

Its so easy to say if X is "in shape and motivated," X murders Y. Its not that simple esp when you're overlooking vs I think the 2 Frankie fights proved Frankie had BJ's number. Frankie was the first guy to box BJ technically. I agree with what Orcus said about Diego and Sherk. They are both top notch wins but their were gonna always get them murdered by BJ ESP considering the fact that Sherk did not attempt to try and wrestle BJ. He said afterwards that BJ's tdd is great and it is but i also remember that guys like Orcus and myself (I think Orcus picked Sherk iirc, i thought he would give a much better fight than he did) thinking that if Sherk kept the pressure on BJ with striking to tds and wrestling, it could wear BJ come later rounds.

However, we never got to see that strategy as Sherk gave BJ too much respect in the tdd dept. Sherk tried to box BJ all the way and was clearly losing all the way. Sherk also did not really move and use angles like Frankie and the results were worlds apart. Frankie is a newer generation fighter so not exactly a shocking though. I think in hindsight BJ would have beaten Sherk anyhow but I would have really like to have seen Sherk press the td more.
4/16/13 3:40 PM
Wasa-B

malryan - 
orcus -

"the BJ that fought sherk/Diego absolutely murders the BJ that fought frankie twice."

No. Same BJ. The difference is Sherk and Diego just walked straight into his punches over and over. They didn't make him work in the slightest. They didn't make him chase, didn't make him turn, weren't fast enough to hit him, weren't fast enough to avoid being hit, weren't good enough to take him down.

Diego did nothing but blunder straight forward with his 1800s style 1-2s, and go for desperation takedowns -- the guy never successfully outwrestles anyone anymore, it's not going to be BJ.

Sherk did nothing but blunder straight forward whiffing hooks with his short arms from 5 feet away. He made exactly one half-assed takedown attempt.

Whilst I agree that Edgar was a nightmare style match up for BJ, I don't agree that he was in the best shape he could be for either of those fights with frankie. A more well conditioned BJ would not have been taken down in that 2nd fight, but yeah, frankie had a clear speed advantage and his hit and run style was the perfect gameplan for someone like BJ who utilises a crisp jab and likes to stay in the pocket. Phone Post 3.0

Even if BJ was in shape, he deteriorates or loses steam if he's not winning and i think Frankie's would have just kept him frustrated regardless.

I would like to see BJ fight someone like Bendo though. I also think that the Rory fight may have taken more wear & tear then necessary as well.

Bendo isnt really great at anything but he is putting things together among the best right now - mma generalship isnt talked about enough. Ben is athletic, improving all the time, can punch and kick and time his tds, get out of subs and put his weight into GNP, great cardio, belief in himself.

However, stylistically, I think BJ could give him problems. Nate wasnt a good matchup for Ben imo but good win none the less. The Melendez fight should be interesting.
4/16/13 3:42 PM
Wasa-B

I agree that BJ needs to mix it up a bit but it may be too late as well. However, all he needs to do imo to do this is shoot some bloody tds and use his BJJ once in a while in addition to his boxing, BJ's GNP is killer too. Footwork probably needs to be a bit better too maybe. Not sure if its worth adding kicks to his game at this point.
4/16/13 5:06 PM
Hizzay
166 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

One of my all time favs....Hope he's right
4/16/13 6:13 PM
Malvert the Janitor
787 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Can we get Pedro Carrasco in here to verify BJ desires to fight again???

Pedro?? Can anyone find Pedro???? Phone Post 3.0
4/16/13 6:34 PM
lockon
61 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Would love seeing him back at lightweight.

Gotta remember a lot of people had BJ winning his first fight against Edgar, despite him being a "bad matchup" for him. Phone Post
4/16/13 6:58 PM
MMALOGIC

BJ with the marinovich brothers is a frate train at 155...  BJ without the marinovich brothers should retire.

4/16/13 7:00 PM
epic hero

lockon -  Would love seeing him back at lightweight.

Gotta remember a lot of people had BJ winning his first fight against Edgar, despite him being a "bad matchup" for him. Phone Post

Horrible decision and it's clear to everyone that for whatever reason he didn't show up for the second fight
4/16/13 7:08 PM
Malvert the Janitor
787 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MMALOGIC -

BJ with the marinovich brothers is a frate train at 155...  BJ without the marinovich brothers should retire.

To be fair, BJ beat Pulver, Stevenson and Sherk before Marinovich. Of course the competition is A LOT better at 55 now, so I agree he'd be better off with Marv's help. Phone Post 3.0
4/16/13 7:17 PM
LittleC
68 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

IDC what anybody says, BJ whooped up on Fitch. How anybody could score the third round 10-8 for Fitch is beyond me. To me he is 2-2 @ his latest WW run. Yeah Diaz whooped up on him in the second, but BJ was still landing even in round 3. Rory was a difficult fight for BJ, if he could have gotten on top, which he almost did a couple times, I thought he would win.

Let BJ whoop up on Nate Diaz for his comeback fight at 155. Then give him a title shot.
4/16/13 7:50 PM
MasterofMartialArts
117 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

bozy -
Motivated Penn -
FatFrenchFry - 
Motivated Penn -
Delightone - 
UGCTT_FryedTakayama -

I just want to see BJ back at 155

This!

Never understood why he moved up.
He was king 55, well one without a trone but still a king Phone Post

BJ Penn has limitless ambition and confidence.

People shit on his record now.

I wonder how GSP would have fared if he'd have gone to MW after a single belt defense.

Or Anderson Silva at LHW.

Not fighting random dudes, but fighting for the belt, and other top 10s.

BJ is probably set like a motherfucker financially, age only goes in one direction, so if he wants to go out with a bang, fuck yeah, go for it.
Not completely relevant to your post, but machida at fucking HEAVYWEIGHT. Kid is crazy as a coconut. I don't think we'll ever see anyone attempting shit like that. Phone Post 3.0

ANYTHING bigging up BJ Penn is relevant to my posts, breh.

Yeah, he's not 50% athlete 50% businessman like some other champs, he's 100% warrior.
100% agreed Phone Post
I fucking love all of you, and I fucking love this thread Phone Post 3.0
4/16/13 8:32 PM
Wasa-B

BW92 - I have no doubt that the only way Bendo beats BJ is if he gassed...BJ's a killer at 55 and his kryptonite, Edgar, is gone. Everyone says BJ doesn't belong at WW but act like those recent fights are a reflection on his career as a whole right now...put ANYONE at 55 right now (especially someone as small as BJ) against Rory MacDonald, Nick Diaz, Fitch... I mean you'd have to think hanging in there with Nick at first and drawing with Fitch is a lot better than most lightweights would do. BJ can come back for sure

Agree with everything from "BJ's a killer...."
4/16/13 8:38 PM
Phyrro
4 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I think with the right people supporting/cornering him BJ can still be a threat at 155.
It made me a bit sad when he had cornermen giving him no advice other than "You're a fuckin legend BJ" , "He's not in your league BJ", & "Put him away". That sorta shit is 100% not helpful especially when you're down in the fight.
Anyways, that's just a noobs 2 cents :)

WAR PENN!

4/16/13 8:43 PM
Officer Farva
6 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I believe this. I also believe Fallon Fox is going to get knocked up by Cyborg and give birth to a little baby girl and name her Meathead Rousey Santos. I loved Penn and can see him still being a competitive in the division, but not in title contention. Look what Diaz and Rory did to him.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.