UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Average Guy vs Ronda Rousey: Who wins?

4/17/13 4:50 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Salokcin69
11 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

NukerMMA -

Theres a lot of hype behind this, but can Ronda actually take a REAL man? She beats up on these little girls all the time, but how would she handle a real fight against us TRUE savage primates?

I have the average guy by KO in round 1

As a dude, Ronda takes this. Easily. Phone Post 3.0
4/17/13 4:55 PM
Rigamaroles
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I've studied everything I can enrol for classes in, including Judo and Jiu Jitsu, winning comps in Judo. With that said, I am very much a striker with a heavy TKD, boxing and kickboxing background. Standing, she would get throttled in a striking contest, throttled. In a fight, and it a string only contest, I lose. Judo is boss when it comes to the street. Fuck boxing, fuck Jiu Jitsu, if you can toss on pavement, you win. Ronda wins. You all fucking lose. Phone Post 3.0
4/17/13 4:56 PM
Rigamaroles

In a fight, and not a striking only contest**

You gotta be able to edit posts from app....come on. Phone Post 3.0
4/17/13 4:59 PM
flawlessvictory
123 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I don't know what average guy means. However I train with Jessica Eye a top ranked girl at 125 who fights for Bellator .

I've seen her submit plenty of guys that had some Training. Not all were even ammy fighters but they are or were Traininh to be. Jessica is more of a striker and I've seen her handle low level guys on the feet also .

Rhonda is better grappler of course , so I would say that she could beat up your average man that's around her weight. if the guy has training or a sports background or just tough it might be different. But some guys she would roll , I say this because I've seen other high level girls beat low level guys. Phone Post
4/17/13 5:11 PM
SQUEEZIE

id ground and pound her out any where, any time!

id smash her any where, any time!

id...you get what im saying.
4/17/13 5:30 PM
drx604
2 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

An average guy, is someone who doesn't train and is not used to getting mounted or let alone being punched in the face. Yes most men have a physical and mechanical advantage ... But im pretty sure she would beat most "average" guys up Phone Post 3.0
4/17/13 5:33 PM
Big Nash

Acidic

Shed beat almost any guy on this planet. Shit shed beat the shit out of Mayweather or Pac man

just lol she has 0 chance against either. You my man are a fool
4/17/13 5:44 PM
56sav

It would be a pretty good fight vs an athletic guy of the same stature. The typical woman has 75% less strength and significantly less fast twitch muscle fiber.

Technique can only take you so far if you're physically outclassed.
4/17/13 6:00 PM
JerodR
83 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 04/17/13 6:05 PM
56sav - It would be a pretty good fight vs an athletic guy of the same stature. The typical woman has 75% less strength and significantly less fast twitch muscle fiber.

The problem is that Ronda is FAR from a "typical woman". We are talking about an Olympic athlete and MMA champion fighting a "typical" or "average man". She would more than likely not be phycially outclassed and if she is it wouldn't be by much.

Here is the "Average" man...
http://www.elitefeet.com/are-you-an-average-man

Ronda would destroy the "average man" easily.
4/17/13 6:10 PM
FatFrenchFry
106 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

56sav - It would be a pretty good fight vs an athletic guy of the same stature. The typical woman has 75% less strength and significantly less fast twitch muscle fiber.

Then the brothers could take her, but not us honkies? Racist Phone Post 3.0
4/17/13 6:17 PM
absolutesperry
42 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

She could probably take my best punch, if I could land one, and her cardio alone would have me in the fetal position within 5 minutes. I'd probably just try pull guard and Tittay fuck distract her. Is jizz shot to the eyes illegal?

Herb Dean "hey, keep your penis away from the eyes or I'm taking away a point" Phone Post 3.0
4/17/13 6:21 PM
FatFrenchFry
106 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

JerodR -
56sav - It would be a pretty good fight vs an athletic guy of the same stature. The typical woman has 75% less strength and significantly less fast twitch muscle fiber.

The problem is that Ronda is FAR from a "typical woman". We are talking about an Olympic athlete and MMA champion fighting a "typical" or "average man". She would more than likely not be phycially outclassed and if she is it wouldn't be by much.

Here is the "Average" man...
http://www.elitefeet.com/are-you-an-average-man

Ronda would destroy the "average man" easily.
Interesting. I think they've made a mistake with the bench press. Shouldn't it be kgs? Or the average UGer is not the average man? Phone Post 3.0
4/17/13 7:50 PM
BriggsSeekins
218 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Fuck this idiotic thread for making me waste the last twenty minutes when I planned to be productive.

This thread demonstrates a lot of things:

1. Many UGers, no doubt because of the alpha company they keep, have no concept of what really constitutes the "average guy." What kind of doughy, timid, sad sack, constitutes the average guy.

2. A lot of you motherfuckers really don't have any idea what a fight, or even a spar, is like. I am a 42-year-old arthritic, broken down husk of a former average varsity athlete, weight about 180 if I am watching myself, 175 if I am competing, and I'm going to tool average 200-220 pound guys who are in decent shape for at least the first year or two that they train, without using a lot of effort and even if I am banged up and can't use one arm very well or something. A good athlete in his 20s, seriously training, it's a different matter. I have known guys I could tap pretty easily the first week or month or so that they rolled who I could only hold position, or even struggle to defend against, in a pretty short period of time. But we're talking about average guy and how much trouble he's going to have overcoming superior technique.

3. A lot of people reading this clearly haven't spent much time around exceptional, world class athletes, or even excellent, college level athletes. Fighting is an athletic activity. Exceptional athletes tend to react better, and at any rate are quicker and more agile, so better able to overcome whatever mistakes they have meant. When it comes to trianing, they read and absord technique like smart students do textbooks. They learn to hit their marks flawlessly and precisely, and then because they are already exceptional, they get training opportunities that allow them to be coached in sometimes exquisitely precise details of their game by experts in that particular area. So their technique becomes that much better.

In Roussey we are talking about an Olympic Judo medalist. In order to medal in a sport as competitive as international judo, you have to be a special quality of elite athlete, EVEN IF your mother trained you around the clock since you were a little girl. So sure, average guy is way, way stronger than average female. But the difference between average person and Olympic medalist athlete in a sport like Judo is a lot wider than I think a lot of people apperciate. When that kind of athletic ability has been trained for a sport like Judo, then fine-tuned by the coaching staff drawn to work on a project like Team Roussey, it is almost laughable that this conversation is taking place.

Bottom line: I've seen good, 103 to 112 pound high school wrestlers absolutely ragdoll "average guy" on more than one occasion. I think Roussey can take most of your 103 and 112 pound state champion wrestlers, so yeah, she can beat up your average guy, even average guy with "average guy" training, pretty easily.

4/17/13 9:48 PM
WilsonBeatMySkinRed
22 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

BriggsSeekins - Fuck this idiotic thread for making me waste the last twenty minutes when I planned to be productive.

1. Many UGers, no doubt because of the alpha company they keep, have no concept of what really constitutes the "average guy." What kind of doughy, timid, sad sack, constitutes the average guy.

2. A lot of you motherfuckers really don't have any idea what a fight, or even a spar, is like. I am a 42-year-old arthritic, broken down husk of a former average varsity athlete, weight about 180 if I am watching myself, 175 if I am competing, and I'm going to tool average 200-220 pound guys who are in decent shape for at least the first year or two that they train, without using a lot of effort and even if I am banged up and can't use one arm very well or something. A good athlete in his 20s, seriously training, it's a different matter. I have known guys I could tap pretty easily the first week or month or so that they rolled who I could only hold position, or even struggle to defend against, in a pretty short period of time. But we're talking about average guy and how much trouble he's going to have overcoming superior technique.

3. A lot of people reading this clearly haven't spent much time around exceptional, world class athletes, or even excellent, college level athletes. Fighting is an athletic activity. Exceptional athletes tend to react better, and at any rate are quicker and more agile, so better able to overcome whatever mistakes they have meant. When it comes to trianing, they read and absord technique like smart students do textbooks. They learn to hit their marks flawlessly and precisely, and then because they are already exceptional, they get training opportunities that allow them to be coached in sometimes exquisitely precise details of their game by experts in that particular area. So their technique becomes that much better.

In Roussey we are talking about an Olympic Judo medalist. In order to medal in a sport as competitive as international judo, you have to be a special quality of elite athlete, EVEN IF your mother trained you around the clock since you were a little girl. So sure, average guy is way, way stronger than average female. But the difference between average person and Olympic medalist athlete in a sport like Judo is a lot wider than I think a lot of people apperciate. When that kind of athletic ability has been trained for a sport like Judo, then fine-tuned by the coaching staff drawn to work on a project like Team Roussey, it is almost laughable that this conversation is taking place.

Bottom line: I've seen good, 103 to 112 pound high school wrestlers absolutely ragdoll "average guy" on more than one occasion. I think Roussey can take most of your 103 and 112 pound state champion wrestlers, so yeah, she can beat up your average guy, even average guy with "average guy" training, pretty easily.

Ive personally trained with a top 5 female fighter. It was a long time ago when I was still quite a noob (still am) and granted it was long before WMMA got really big, but she was good. I would literally have to consciously go super easy on her. It wasn't even close...the strength difference between a man and a woman are great. Think of it this way, the strongest female powerlifter in the world, is barely stronger than your average gym hero...women just cant compete with men, and any sport that takes athletic ability. One of my good female friends growing up was a basketball player...she started for four years on a division 2 college basketball team. She has never in our lives beat me in a game of basketball, and Im awful at basketball. Women cannot compete with men.
4/17/13 10:00 PM
UGCTT Combat Can Happen

If I could poke her in the eye before she could rip my arm off, that'd be my only shot. And I'm a soft but decently muscular and pretty strong 6' 235 lbs. Phone Post 3.0
4/17/13 10:13 PM
UGCTT_granite007
115 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

UGCTT Combat Can Happen - If I could poke her in the eye before she could rip my arm off, that'd be my only shot. And I'm a soft but decently muscular and pretty strong 6' 235 lbs. Phone Post 3.0

4/18/13 12:11 AM
Jumbo Reverse Shrimp
27 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

likatiga - 
Jumbo Reverse Shrimp - 
likatiga - 
helpme - don't remember how tall i am but between 6'3 and 6'4 and i weigh 220.

i would kill her it wouldn't even be close.

been boxing since i was 10 and i'm a purple in bjj.

its kinda sad how fucking pussified is everyone nowadays.

I'm so pussified that just reading your post made my sphincter contract.

After the initial reaction though, I felt an amazing level of relief that there are legit badasses out there like you to keep us safe from nasty female Judoka.

whew!

I don't even know what to make of this thread. I'm trying to figure out who's worse, the guys who take the bait or the guys you almost brag about how badly she would kick their asses. Sons, I am disapoint.

not sure how anything I said makes me fall into either of your categories. Did you quote the wrong person?

I'm not saying you are in one of those groups.
4/18/13 12:14 AM
Anderson Silver

I would FUCK her

up
4/18/13 1:48 AM
FatFrenchFry

WilsonBeatMySkinRed -
BriggsSeekins - Fuck this idiotic thread for making me waste the last twenty minutes when I planned to be productive.

Ive personally trained with a top 5 female fighter. It was a long time ago when I was still quite a noob (still am) and granted it was long before WMMA got really big, but she was good. I would literally have to consciously go super easy on her. It wasn't even close...the strength difference between a man and a woman are great. Think of it this way, the strongest female powerlifter in the world, is barely stronger than your average gym hero...women just cant compete with men, and any sport that takes athletic ability. One of my good female friends growing up was a basketball player...she started for four years on a division 2 college basketball team. She has never in our lives beat me in a game of basketball, and Im awful at basketball. Women cannot compete with men.
Because Swanson has benched 600 lbs. barely stronger then the average male gym hero? What sort of gym are you going to?
You would consider yourself the average guy? Sounds like you've trained if its been with a top 5 female MMA fighter Phone Post 3.0
4/18/13 1:52 AM
UGSlapshot

By the time they realized they were in a fight, the fight would be over.

Judo is devastating for self defense, we had a chick that beat the shit out of guys regularly train at our dojo. Phone Post
4/18/13 2:19 AM
Forrest Spliffn

I'd imagine she'd get inside, huck me on the ground and arm bar me more times than I'd be able to connect with one of my woman stopping shots.

She's a world champ fighter tho.
It's what she does.
If she couldn't it would be pretty weak but she's strong. Phone Post 3.0
4/18/13 7:24 AM
UGSlapshot

Yoghurt -
Fabes - 
Kalle Mero - The average guy can't fight for shit, so Ronda would win easily, but she might be in trouble against the average trained guy.

I guess that depends on the definition of average trained guy.

Apparently she taps some pretty quality guys in training. She's a beast.

Can't go belly down on the pavement.
A judo throw ends fights and life on pavement. Phone Post

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.