UnderGround Forums

OtherGround Forums >> Defiance syfy show

| Share | Email | Subscribe | Check IPs

6/4/13 1:32 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
MattBFD
77 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I dig the show and the game. Seems like they were fans of Firefly, which is not a bad thing.
6/19/13 10:17 PM
MM-eh
947 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 06/19/13 10:22 PM
MM-eh - Canada's #1 MMA News Source, Head Honcho

I'm really liking this show.

I just watched the episode where they found the astronaut who was in a stasis pod for 30 years.  Without giving spoilers, the end of the episode rates as one of the most touching moments that I've ever seen on TV, SciFi or not.

Coincidentally, the last time I got misty eyed at a TV show was the Dr. Who episode where he brought Vinvcent Van Gogh to a museum featuring his works in the future.  Van Gogh was played by Tony Curran, who plays Daytak in Defiance.

And since I'm sharing, another great moment was the DS9 episode where Jake Sisko is an old man recounting how he lost his father...I was seriously almost bawling during that one.

6/19/13 10:41 PM
grafzep
59 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

That Dr. Who episode was awesome
6/19/13 11:02 PM
MM-eh
947 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I tried to find the final, uncut scene with Van Gogh in the museum but can't find it yet...here's a fan made clip.

6/20/13 9:54 AM
MM-eh

scaredy cat -  I've been looking forward to this show. It's from the creator of Farscape, which is one of my favourite shows. I'll download it today. Phone Post

I loved Farscape as well, thanks for sharing, and Voted Up!

6/20/13 12:16 PM
CMX
237 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Tried watching couldn't get into it and seriously Julie Benz is awful and ruins everything she is in
6/20/13 2:43 PM
MattBFD
77 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I'm getting into this one. Hope it stays around a while. The most recent episode was excellent. There was even a nod to Trayvon in there. Phone Post 3.0
6/26/13 6:58 PM
ajsr
122 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I'm watching it; and I think it's been picking up a bit. The astronaut episode was by far the best episode so far. That said, some of the acting and the dialogue are absolutely atrocious; I think a lot of blame lies with the writing as some fine actors such as Fionnula Flanagan are putting in surprisingly bad performances. Graham Greene who plays Raf McCawley is another one stinking it up big time and this guy was actually nominated for an academy award!

I'm gonna stick with it as a like the premise, but I hope the writing, and the dialogue in particular, improves significantly.
6/26/13 7:33 PM
allyourbasebase
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I'm sticking with it because I loved Farscape after the first season. I like it but I'm not loving it so far. It has plenty of potential. From the guy who gave us Scorpius, he gets a long leash from me. Phone Post 3.0
7/20/13 12:02 PM
MattBFD

My god that finale though.... Hope they get it together for season 2. Every other episode was awesome though. Phone Post 3.0
7/18/14 2:15 PM
Jack Carter
1507 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

still good?

7/19/14 9:17 PM
Jack Carter
1507 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 07/19/14 9:18 PM

Season 2 up to episode 5 is up on torrent sites already

7/19/14 9:19 PM
Jack Carter

7/19/14 9:20 PM
Jack Carter

| Share | Email | Subscribe | Check IPs

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.