UnderGround Forums

BJJGround Forum >> BJJ Mega-Seminar Fundraiser, May 26th in L.A.!!!

5/12/13 2:22 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
170 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 05/12/13 2:22 PM
UGCTT_Fillthy - 
andre -  Renner...not rennet. Stupid autocorrect. Phone Post

"Rennet is a complex of enzymes produced in any mammalian stomach, and is often used in the production of cheese."

lol ,same thing, rener is making some cheddar

5/13/13 3:46 AM
shen
669 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Thanks Snapple!
5/14/13 1:13 PM
Wutang
25 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

andre - I would like to thank my Brazilian bank issued credit card for preventing me from being able to rent a car here in LA. Despite the fact that I went to my bank and told them I would be traveling, apparently my trip was still a surprise to them and they blocked the card.

I'm in the San Fernando valley with nothing to do. :( Phone Post 3.0

You still stuck in the valley?
5/14/13 2:59 PM
UGCTT_Fillthy
194 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 05/14/13 2:59 PM
12 - 
UGCTT_Fillthy - 
andre -  Renner...not rennet. Stupid autocorrect. Phone Post

"Rennet is a complex of enzymes produced in any mammalian stomach, and is often used in the production of cheese."

lol ,same thing, rener is making some cheddar

Colby or Monterey Jack.

Gracie Diet, my friends.

5/15/13 7:37 PM
Blown383
9 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I looked around on Facebook and couldn't find the Facebook event page?

-B
5/15/13 9:31 PM
170 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Blown383 - I looked around on Facebook and couldn't find the Facebook event page?

-B

let me puts this out right now.................................its shens fault :)  

5/16/13 1:15 AM
shen
669 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 05/16/13 3:07 AM
Someone promised to do one, they haven't, so someone else is doing it.
5/16/13 10:04 AM
andre
417 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Wutang -
andre - I would like to thank my Brazilian bank issued credit card for preventing me from being able to rent a car here in LA. Despite the fact that I went to my bank and told them I would be traveling, apparently my trip was still a surprise to them and they blocked the card.

Hey! I'm back in Brazil, unfortunately. It was a short trip. Sucked because I was stuck at my cousin's house with nothing to do for most of it. Phone Post 3.0
5/16/13 12:59 PM
Blown383
9 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I contacted Perry and once I get the images I'll create an event page on Facebook and invite everyone. This way we can accurately gauge who is coming and who is not. There will be a centralized place so that others know the location, time, donation amounts, etc...

It would royally suck to have only 20 people show up and half of them are the instructors.

Did anyone consider that this weekend is Memorial Day weekend, so turn out could be random?

-B
5/16/13 12:59 PM
Wutang
25 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

andre - 
Wutang -

Hey! I'm back in Brazil, unfortunately. It was a short trip. Sucked because I was stuck at my cousin's house with nothing to do for most of it. Phone Post 3.0

Damn, that was fast. I thought you were here longer.
5/16/13 3:28 PM
shen

Can someone from OTM please message me?

THANKS!!
5/16/13 4:28 PM
Blown383

Edited: 05/16/13 4:39 PM
Here is the event page link!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

https://www.facebook.com/events/251873898287141

Can a blue namer repost to the link so that it's clickable? Thanks!

-B
5/16/13 10:09 PM
UGCTT_Fillthy
194 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Blown383 - Here is the event page link!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Can a blue namer repost to the link so that it's clickable? Thanks!

-B

5/17/13 11:30 PM
Flo-Jitsu
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

See you all there!!!
5/19/13 4:05 PM
shen

Edited: 05/21/13 2:13 AM
I don't think you can overestimate the value of so many people from different teams and lineages getting together in a non-competitive environment like this. This type of thing, IMO, really builds a sense of Jiu Jitsu community. Getting to know people from other schools and teams, building connections with others, making friends... it's just nice to expand your Jiu Jitsu circle a little bit.

In unrelated news, there will be Papusas.
5/22/13 8:23 AM
aaronlapoi
53 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Wow, awesome event with awesome jiu-jitsu. Don't know why anyone in the vicinity wouldn't attend.
5/22/13 9:39 AM

looking good

5/23/13 1:24 AM
shen

Edited: 05/23/13 1:34 AM
Chris Haueter, Alberto Crane and a BUNCH of other great BJJ people --not even listed-- are coming to help-out too.

AND you can take super-low priced 1/2-hour privates with some of them in a private training room that same day!

You want to have your wife/GF take a private with a TOP female BB while you enjoy a seminar with Joao Assis or Ryron? No problem.

It's pretty insane actually.
5/23/13 1:38 AM
shen

Edited: 05/23/13 1:44 AM
The first "block" of seminars, (starting @ 10am), includes:

Javi Vasquez / Caique / Joao Assis / Rener Gracie

The second block of seminars, (starting @ 1:30pm) includes:

Ricardo "Rey" Diogo / Joao Faria / Felicia Oh & Cindy Omatsu / Ryron Gracie

There will also be shorter instructional segments taught by other instructors within each block as well).

Hope some of you can make it!
5/23/13 11:12 AM
bjjdna
100 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Training with Gary Quan (2nd from the left) at the Beverely Hills BJJ club around 1998. This was back in the day when Oleg, Bas, Kerr, Rizzo, Rico, Ruas, etc were training and teaching there - good times.

http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a315/bjjdna/scan0025_zps75f89721.jpg
5/23/13 11:20 AM
UGCTT_Fillthy

5/23/13 4:12 PM
Novato
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

shen,

sent you an email...let me know
5/23/13 6:02 PM
bjjdna
100 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Since my training days ended around 2001, I've been going to seminars, tournys, expos, grand openings, autograph events, etc. and collecting MMA, BJJ, and wrestling memorabilia. If they had shirts for sale, I’d always buy as my way to support the sport and thank the fighters for signing my collectibles.

Consequently, I now have a shitload of autographed MMA shirts that I will never wear. I’ve already given away many to family/friends, but the remaining shirts are for sale - with all proceeds (minus shipping costs) at the end of the 6-day sale going to support Gary Quan in his fight against cancer.

All shirts are new and never worn. Except for the Dan Gable shirts which were bought directly from the Dan Gable museum already signed, all sigs were obtained by me in person, so rest assured the sigs are real.

Check out the Big Dawg names - Royce, Tito, Randy, Hendo, Bas, etc etc

I am evomon on ebay

http://www.ebay.com/sch/evomon/m.html?_nkw=&_armrs=1&_from=&_ipg=&_trksid=p3686
5/23/13 6:54 PM
shen

bjjdna - Since my training days ended around 2001, I've been going to seminars, tournys, expos, grand openings, autograph events, etc. and collecting MMA, BJJ, and wrestling memorabilia. If they had shirts for sale, I’d always buy as my way to support the sport and thank the fighters for signing my collectibles.

Consequently, I now have a shitload of autographed MMA shirts that I will never wear. I’ve already given away many to family/friends, but the remaining shirts are for sale - with all proceeds (minus shipping costs) at the end of the 6-day sale going to support Gary Quan in his fight against cancer.

All shirts are new and never worn. Except for the Dan Gable shirts which were bought directly from the Dan Gable museum already signed, all sigs were obtained by me in person, so rest assured the sigs are real.

Check out the Big Dawg names - Royce, Tito, Randy, Hendo, Bas, etc etc

I am evomon on ebay

http://www.ebay.com/sch/evomon/m.html?_nkw=&_armrs=1&_from=&_ipg=&_trksid=p3686

That is awesome!!!
5/25/13 3:07 PM
andre
417 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

bjjdna - Training with Gary Quan (2nd from the left) at the Beverely Hills BJJ club around 1998. This was back in the day when Oleg, Bas, Kerr, Rizzo, Rico, Ruas, etc were training and teaching there - good times.

http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a315/bjjdna/scan0025_zps75f89721.jpg
Wow!! So many memories!!!! I spent a lot of time with those guys in those mats. Phone Post 3.0

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.