UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Machida manager- "Gustafsson fight doesnt make sen

4/16/13 12:10 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Lobo8
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Dana should have never promised machida the fight after that unimpressive performance. Gustaffson deserves the shot more. But the best way to settle this is to have them both fight it out. Dana make this happen please.
4/16/13 12:11 PM
Quickash1t

epwar - 
UGCTT_ Lay'n'PrayNINJA - 
TiliShkodrani - Lyoto wants a title shot, and specifically under his terms. Last I heard, he was offered a title shot last September, and turned it down.

Just shut up and fight Gustaffson, if you win, fight for the title, if you lose, gtfo.
Yes, offered a title shot on super short notice.

Lmfao at an internet dweeb telling a top 5 lhw to shut the fuck up and do what dweeb wants with his career. Phone Post

UG logic.

Jon Jones turns down fight on super short notice - "YOU COWARD! Why are you ducking Chael? You suck."

Machida turns down title fight on short notice - "Good for him. This mysterious master of martial arts should be given time to properly prepare.  Insane to ask him to fight on short notice."

I think your logic may be slightly flawed.

Machida turned down a bout with an undefeated Champion on short notice while Machida was not training at all.

Jones turned down a fight with a middleweight who was sitting home on his ass while jones was the one who was just wrapping up his training camp.
4/16/13 2:18 PM
Card
2064 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Kentpaul - If he gets Anderson Silva type money the fight will happen

Could be.

4/16/13 2:23 PM
GSPsShadyHandWraps
94 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Ironic statement since Jones has expressed little interest in rematching Machida because he thinks Machida is boring and not a ppv draw
4/16/13 3:16 PM
Quickash1t

CRMartin11 - 
Stephen Holder - The way Machida lost the Jones fight was absolutely definitive. That doesn't change the fact that up until that point he was doing better than every opponent Jones has faced up until maybe when TRT Vitor almost subbed him. I think other than that triangle, Jones will still agree Machida is the most difficult opponent hes faced to date.

I'm not convinced that the hype Gustoffson has received is legit. He gets props for asking for hard fights but its a little disrespectful for him to try and punk Loyoto when the UFC has already said he is going to fight the winner of Jones/Sonnen.

Machida got KO'd by shogun also, and pretty much all fans agree Shogun won their other fight that the judges gave to Machida.

When fans start deciding who wins let me know.
4/16/13 3:18 PM
daxfactor

Haha I called this shit. Machida is ducking Gus cause he knows its a tough matchup that he probably loses although its the matchup that makes the most sense. I don't see why he's in such a hurry to get slept by jones again. Phone Post 3.0
4/16/13 3:18 PM
time traveling 12er
193 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

So Machida has now turned down atleast two fights against Jones... and is now turning down Gus because he wants to wait for Jones.  Lol, I wonder if he'll turn down Jones again if the timing isn't perfect for him.

4/16/13 3:30 PM
da Vinci 81
165 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Can't blame him for waiting for a title shot if he's definitely getting one but personally I hope it doesn't happen.

I have zero interest In a machida/jones rematch when guys like gus and glover haven't yet received a shot.

Plus the only way I see him beating jones is to play "tag, you're it!" for 5 straight rounds. No thanks. Phone Post 3.0
4/17/13 9:58 AM
Y2JB

I hope Jones wrecks Machida again. Machidas fighting style is cowardly imo.
4/17/13 10:20 AM
SQUEEZIE

UGCTT_ Lay'n'PrayNINJA - 
TiliShkodrani -
UGCTT_ Lay'n'PrayNINJA - 
TiliShkodrani - Lyoto wants a title shot, and specifically under his terms. Last I heard, he was offered a title shot last September, and turned it down.

Just shut up and fight Gustaffson, if you win, fight for the title, if you lose, gtfo.

Lmfao at an internet dweeb telling a top 5 lhw to shut the fuck up and do what dweeb wants with his career. Phone Post

Internet dweeb? Look at the number of your posts with mines, who spends more time on the internet?

Fucking nerd.
Oooooo. Post count insults...LOL

Go back to sherdog with your idiotic posts telling fighters to shut up. You sound like a child.

Waaaaah machida wants to dictate his career....wahhhhh

Fucking dweeb Phone Post

says the guy who is always crying about how jon jones wants to live his life and dictate his career.
4/17/13 10:27 AM
Figure4LegLock

Other then Machida no one wants to see Jones/Machida 2. Better be on Fox or similar. PPV numbers will be horrible.
4/17/13 10:32 AM
SQUEEZIE

epwar - 
UGCTT_ Lay'n'PrayNINJA - 

UG logic.

Jon Jones turns down fight on super short notice - "YOU COWARD! Why are you ducking Chael? You suck."

Machida turns down title fight on short notice - "Good for him. This mysterious master of martial arts should be given time to properly prepare.  Insane to ask him to fight on short notice."

yea it slips evryones mind that jon took a short notice fight for the belt...after working to get there i think he deserved the right to turn down another short notice fight with a non deserving challenger.being champion,fighting more than other champs,demolishing everyone,taking short notice fights,putting in work to get to where he is i think deserves decling a short notice fight you feel is a slap in the face.

its the beggars that cant be choosers.(chael,machida,hendo)
4/17/13 10:37 AM
SQUEEZIE

Quickash1t - 
epwar - 
UGCTT_ Lay'n'PrayNINJA - 

UG logic.

I think your logic may be slightly flawed.

Machida turned down a bout with an undefeated Champion on short notice while Machida was not training at all.

Jones turned down a fight with a middleweight who was sitting home on his ass while jones was the one who was just wrapping up his training camp.

lol,you have obviously never competed in anything.your logic more than slightly flawed, you truly understood this game not one bit...but thats ok,you have many people here that are just like you.
4/17/13 10:47 AM
MexiCain AmeriCain
70 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I would rather have Machida fight Jones, and then have the winner fight Gus, instead of eliminating a contender for Jones in that Machida Gus fight.
4/17/13 10:48 AM
Herring In A Fur Coat

FightMatrix.com, MMA Rankings
TheGoldenRule - 
TiliShkodrani -
UGCTT_ Lay'n'PrayNINJA - 

Internet dweeb? Look at the number of your posts with mines, who spends more time on the internet?

Fucking nerd.
"mines"? Phone Post

Ninja's posts are full of land mines.

4/17/13 10:49 AM
Herring In A Fur Coat

FightMatrix.com, MMA Rankings

Machida's career decisions are as baffling to fans as his fighting style is to his opponents.

4/17/13 10:57 AM
MasterofMartialArts
129 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

FrateCart - "we're almost there" Really? probably 4 months away best case scenario. 6-12 if an injury happends etc.

Stop ducking THE MAULER!

http://i.imgur.com/ZZoEDNT.jpg
He's fought Shogun twice, Jones, Evans, and the list continues. You think he is scared of Gustaffson, honestly? Phone Post 3.0
4/17/13 12:22 PM
djones
18 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

"He is not convinced about Jones... he is not convinced from that loss.”

Probably because he doesnt remember it.......

4/17/13 12:29 PM
caseharts
390 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

epwar -
UGCTT_ Lay'n'PrayNINJA - 

UG logic.

I think the difference is that a whole event hinged on whether Jones took the fight. Machidas didn't. .... Phone Post
4/17/13 12:31 PM
caseharts
390 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Mousasi gus should be made again. How long is Mousasi out? Phone Post
4/17/13 12:32 PM
KnowKontrol
15 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Can't really hate on the fighters. They are treating this like a business now. He is just looking at his career the way he should. Phone Post 3.0
4/17/13 12:38 PM
Public got Bigg Riggd

Lypto was told title shot after beating bendo Phone Post
4/17/13 2:59 PM
Rearnakedwaffle
3 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Well, The Mauler would've had more leeway and/or legitimacy to calling Machida out had he been able to fight and had he dismantled Gegard, but he didn't, so it's just a random outburst for relevancy (though of course he's relevant). I for one am intrigued by Machida vs Jones II though I think in the interim Jones will have won or even destroyed Sonnen further fueling his confidence and a confident Jones is probably no fun to fight against.

Also, stop being complete cunts in response to cunty posts :(
4/17/13 3:21 PM
theringmaster
18 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MMA: Inside the Cage, Owner / Host
Machida would be stupid to take the Gus fight. Yeah, it'd be a breath of fresh air and probably a good fight... But that fight probably wouldn't happen for another 2-3 months.

Then Machida has to HOPE that Silva/Dana don't get any wild ideas and make another Jones/Sonnen fight. In fact, if he takes the Gus fight... Guaranteed that Cormier gets the title fight next. Phone Post 3.0
4/17/13 3:22 PM
theringmaster

MMA: Inside the Cage, Owner / Host
KingofBJJ -
hubris - either fight is fine

I think Machida should just take the Gustafson fight

It is clear everyone has taken a position, can I offer a middle way?

How about this:

Comier being the wild card okay? If Comier wins.

Lyoto should fight the winner of Jones-Sonnen

Gus could fight Comier (after he loses the weight) and the winner gets the championship fight?
Exactly my thoughts. That will most likely be the plan. Phone Post 3.0

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.