UnderGround Forums

S&C UnderGround >> Anyone get Central Nervous System Fatigue?

4/16/13 4:24 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
InYoMommaCloset
4 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 04/16/13 4:24 PM

...CNS fatigue?

You guys know this?

Anyone get it?

I mean, I'm sure everyone gets it from time to time.
I know some powerlifters can over do it and then, by example, they take a rest week and are back.

I know one guy before had it for almost a year and, say he'd do 1 round of shadow boxing, and he'd be fucked.

Anyone get it periodically or have it on a more long term basis?
For you personally, are you aware of the cause and how do you treat it?
4/16/13 4:37 PM
InYoMommaCloset
4 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Or you know, any ideas on how to improve the overall quality and strength of the CNS?
4/16/13 6:52 PM
HERTSWENIP
55 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I'll address the last question.

Avoid stimulants. Overuse of caffeine and catecholamine type stimulants will promote CNS fatigue and deplete your body of stimulatory neurotransmitters. Same goes for alcohol.

Adequate rest, nutrition, and adaptogens like rhodiola rhosea can all help prevent or alleviate nervous system fatigue.

Things like stress and sleep deprevation aggravate it.
4/17/13 4:20 AM
Leigh
771 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I get it. I'm quite a hyper person by nature. Over the past couple of years I'm spending more and more time in bed. I'm at a point where I don't fear death any more and look forward to being able to spend 24 hours tucked up napping, hahaha
4/17/13 4:43 AM
Christian_
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

i heard cycling helps alot.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=AMHitTUnmZ4#t=486s
4/17/13 10:52 AM
big_slacker
27 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I have yes. Lifting heavy every session, lots of single speed biking and too much caffeine. Cut back on all of that and it went away.
4/17/13 4:15 PM
Taku
151 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

TAKU is guilty of Overuse of caffeine...

I need to get this under control.

4/17/13 4:39 PM
SesameTako
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

What would excessive use be? I split 200mg throughout the day. Too much? Phone Post 3.0
4/17/13 10:01 PM
WilsonBeatMySkinRed
22 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

CNS fatigue can come from overtraining, not sleeping enough, and eating like shit. If its from overtraining, a deload should fix everything, if its sleep and nutrition, well those are self explanatory.
4/18/13 8:46 AM
AdrianK
52 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=orQm6wyXK8E
4/18/13 8:59 AM
InYoMommaCloset

AdrianK - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=orQm6wyXK8E

"You should be..... *pant-pant-pant*.... ready to lift some heavy shit... *pant-pant-pant*.... be ready to do what you're called upon to do....*pant-pant-pant*... no excuses".

Ever see a case of self denial like this guy??

LMAO
4/19/13 9:59 AM
AdrianK
52 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

InYoMommaCloset - 
AdrianK - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=orQm6wyXK8E

"You should be..... *pant-pant-pant*.... ready to lift some heavy shit... *pant-pant-pant*.... be ready to do what you're called upon to do....*pant-pant-pant*... no excuses".

Ever see a case of self denial like this guy??

LMAO

He is a powerlifter and he is very prepared for what he does. He is worth listening to regardless of what you think of his conditioning though when it comes to be being strong and moving big weight he is one of the best coaches in the world and is widely regarded as such by the best lifters and athletes from many other sports as well. I assumed most people on here would already know who he was and would be following his stuff.
4/22/13 6:57 PM
Buddhadev
21 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 04/22/13 6:57 PM

[quote] "...CNS fatigue?"[/quote]

YES! Aeons ago when I was still lifting very heavy, I got my Personal Record deadlift 1RM to 400# (this is A LOT for my lame butt) by training with multiple sets of doubles and singles (typical workout would be something like 5-7x2, 2-3x1 for deads, DB row, and db shoulder press Tuesday, Thursday, and Sunday--this doesn't sound a like a lot, but it was incredibly exhausting).

Add to this the fact that I was doing a moderate load of carido & calisthenics at the time as well (active duty military doing scheduled unit PT + no car, so walking/marching everywhere) and getting 6 hours of sleep counted as a GOOD night's sleep!

At the time it seemed like I ALWAYS felt like eating or napping. Had bizarre, almost bipolar mood swings too and would mad over stupid petty things (for just about everyone who knows me from other contexts, this is pretty much the opposite of my normal personality).

In retrospect, I should have cut the singles out entirely and progressed about 1/2 as fast as I did. It was also retarded to have been drinking as much as I was at the time that I was doing this. I didn't know what CNS fatigue as at the time and thought that because my volume was low, I couldn't have been overtraining. I know better now that I'm older and wiser.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.