UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Melendez: I'm going to try to kill [Benson]

4/16/13 4:34 PM
Ignore | Vote Down | Vote Up
Underground Blog
1107 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MixedMartialArts.com

This weekend in the UFC on FOX 7, Gilbert Melendez will attemp to unify his Strikeforce lightweight title with the UFC's lightweight title and in essence become the undisputed number one lightweight in the world. Although he holds no anomisity towards Benson Henderson, on fight day the champion will be his worst enemy:

"No matter what, there's heat," he said. "I respect Benson. He's the No. 1 guy right now. He's the UFC champ. But come fight day, I'm going to try to kill him. I have bad intentions, and it is personal. I don't need to be mad at someone. I'm a professional, and I know how to turn on the switch and turn it on and off when I need to. Some people turn it on a month out. I turn it on right when it's time.

"It's going to be heated. It's going to be personal. It's just how I fight – I'm going to try to kill the guy. I don't need anyone talking crap on me. But let it be known, on fight day, Benson is not my friend. In fact, he's the enemy that day and I have to destroy him. That's the mentality I have to have."

read entire article...

4/16/13 4:40 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Hikikomori
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Fire him!

Lol!

Gliberts boxing will give Benson fits. Phone Post
4/16/13 4:41 PM
WelshWarrior
25 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Benson is going to be to much for gil to get into his rhythm imo... similar to how jim miller was never really allowed to get in the fight its how I see gil getting dominated Phone Post
4/16/13 4:45 PM
epwar
638 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I hope Gilbert enjoys the lone main event he'll ever have in the UFC.  Ben Henderson by shutout.  

4/16/13 4:49 PM
aces_taylor
26 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Ask Nate how that worked out for him. Phone Post 3.0
4/16/13 4:51 PM
fryabusa
202 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I like Gil but I really hate when fighters say shit like this.  Everytime someone says crap like that they come out and fight passive.  Same as saying their opponent is taking food from his kids.

4/16/13 4:53 PM
DeLurked
39 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

In willing to go on record - Melendez TKO. Phone Post
4/16/13 4:56 PM
Rudi

Hikikomori - Fire him!

Lol!

Doubt it, benson will out wrestle him imo. Benson via UD Phone Post
4/16/13 5:00 PM
Il Duce
62 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

That's not a very nice thing to say. Think how his mum would feel! For shame!! For shame Gilbert Melendez!! Phone Post 3.0
4/16/13 5:39 PM
TheJudge

2-3 years ago I would've given this to Melendez hands down. As of now though Bendo is too young and dominant. I have to go with unanimous decision.
4/16/13 6:00 PM
semtex0809
11 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Gil by Dec Phone Post
4/16/13 6:04 PM
DoomFarmer
8 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

"To the death, Benson."

Henderson via being a better fighter.
4/16/13 6:13 PM
overstander

Gil last fight with thompson was an example of a point fighter. Not a scratch on thompson but managed to get a billion baby strikes in.while Gil looked straight up like he got his a$$ kicked.

So when Gil says kill, does he mean kill him with points?
4/16/13 6:29 PM
xsrg95
280 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

war el nino!

4/16/13 7:58 PM
yellow wrkahlc
102 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Hikikomori - Fire him!

Lol!

Gil won't even get a chance to use his boxing.

You're all crazy if you think this fight goes any different than the last title defense Bendo made. Phone Post 3.0
4/16/13 8:10 PM
DoomFarmer
8 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

therealeags - I have no clue why everyone thinks Benson can win this. It's funny how people spend so much time watching something but can't analyze a match up for shit.
This is one of the worst match ups for Bendo and he will most likely get dominated or maybe even finished.
ttt this Saturday Night
For future referencing... Phone Post 3.0
4/16/13 8:12 PM
ChuckManson
131 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Is it me or did he use every single cliche ever used in a fight interview?
4/16/13 8:12 PM
Officer Farva
6 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Being respectful worked so good for your teammate. I expect nothing less out of this camp ! 

4/16/13 8:18 PM
brahmabull81
73 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

LOL so hes going to quit between the 4th and 5th round? Being that this it to the death and all?
4/16/13 9:59 PM
Bigots_Hate_The_Truth

War BENSON!!!!
4/16/13 10:08 PM
UGSlapshot

Bendo should be favored but a lot of people are underestimating Gil, he's absolutely capable of winning this fight. Phone Post
4/16/13 10:31 PM
AceAtGSU
15 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Now if he is successful, it is premeditated.

Heavier sentencing, for a first degree charge.

Wait, what?
4/16/13 11:04 PM
radiobaby
40 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Hikikomori -  Fire him!

Lol!

If he even gets to use it. Ben will use kicks, strikes from range and wrestling to take it out of the equation.
4/16/13 11:21 PM
Rudi

therealeags - I have no clue why everyone thinks Benson can win this. It's funny how people spend so much time watching something but can't analyze a match up for shit.
This is one of the worst match ups for Bendo and he will most likely get dominated or maybe even finished.
ttt this Saturday Night
Pls go Phone Post
4/16/13 11:24 PM
flip_guard
2 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Underground Blog -

Melendez: I'm going to try to kill [Benson]

This weekend in the UFC on FOX 7, Gilbert Melendez will attemp to unify his Strikeforce lightweight title with the UFC's lightweight title and in essence become the undisputed number one lightweight in the world. Although he holds no anomisity towards Benson Henderson, on fight day the champion will be his worst enemy:

"No matter what, there's heat," he said. "I respect Benson. He's the No. 1 guy right now. He's the UFC champ. But come fight day, I'm going to try to kill him. I have bad intentions, and it is personal. I don't need to be mad at someone. I'm a professional, and I know how to turn on the switch and turn it on and off when I need to. Some people turn it on a month out. I turn it on right when it's time.

"It's going to be heated. It's going to be personal. It's just how I fight – I'm going to try to kill the guy. I don't need anyone talking crap on me. But let it be known, on fight day, Benson is not my friend. In fact, he's the enemy that day and I have to destroy him. That's the mentality I have to have."

read entire article...

Melendez will be in a rude awakening!!! Phone Post

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.