UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Mir: Lesnar would have been dominant in UFC...

4/17/13 7:34 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
sgotwalks
659 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 04/17/13 7:34 PM
john_d1974 - 
TuLegit - Then how is he able to still juice with it? Phone Post 3.0

he doesn't juice, never has never would, NEVER failed any dope test, cant say that about most of the HW's.

Oh stop right there!

4/17/13 7:34 PM
WALES1
151 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Metafour - 
WALES1 - I did a bit of research.

Green is legit.

He also states that the illness and surgery stopped him from reaching the top and was a major factor when he lost. Phone Post 3.0
Yeah he had surgery in 2007, won 6 in a row (including the WBO super middleweight title). Fought the still undefeated Andre Ward for the WBA super middleweight title and lost. Then won a couple fights and fought for the WBC light heavyweight title and lost. His last fight (maybe two) he has won. Phone Post

But he states that the illness effected him and held him back.
4/17/13 7:36 PM
sgotwalks
659 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

It's hard for me to take this thread seriously when we are talking about a guy who I witnessed doing the turtle multiple times. The man hated to get hit, and it is tough to dominate a sport like this for long if you are gonna run  back and cower everytime someone lands a big shot.

4/17/13 7:43 PM
inf0
285 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

TIL Brock Lesnar never juiced... thanks

4/17/13 7:45 PM
le
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I like Mir, but he says this to make the ass beating he got from Brock more credible.

Brock fans say his condition ended his career because they can't understand his puzzle was solved. Stop the bull rush and punch him in the face to shut his offense off. Carwin showed us how to do it, then gassed. Cain came in with a better tank and got the job done.

Brock said he had good camps and was in the best shape of his life in interviews post-surgery. Phone Post 3.0
4/17/13 7:47 PM
Metafour

WALES1 -
Metafour - 
WALES1 - I did a bit of research.

Green is legit.

He also states that the illness and surgery stopped him from reaching the top and was a major factor when he lost. Phone Post 3.0
Yeah he had surgery in 2007, won 6 in a row (including the WBO super middleweight title). Fought the still undefeated Andre Ward for the WBA super middleweight title and lost. Then won a couple fights and fought for the WBC light heavyweight title and lost. His last fight (maybe two) he has won. Phone Post

But he states that the illness effected him and held him back.
I heard him say that before he had the surgery when asked about his first loss. When he was tearing through guys afterwards he said he felt great. Phone Post
4/17/13 7:56 PM
Metafour

Corey -
Metafour -  To be honest after his surgery I don't think the condition would have continued to have a negative effect on him. The damaged portion of the intestine was removed.

It probably had an effect on him while he had the disease but afterwards I don't think so.

I'd like to hear a gastroenterologist weigh in on this. Phone Post

My Uncle just had this shit and it isn't as simple as getting surgury and your good. It forces lif changes.
Yeah you have to start eating healthy.

Most people get diverticular disease because of constipation, lack of fiber in diet and straining to have bowel movements.

Allan Green had a paralyzed colon, Brock had recurring diverticulitis, some people have resections because of colon cancer, some because of perforations.

The boxer I reference almost had his entire colon removed and performed very well after surgery. Brock had a foot of his sigmoid colon removed.

Not all cases are the same and I don't think Brock retired because of that. Phone Post
4/17/13 7:59 PM
FunDeath4u

Brocks time has come and gone in the UFC. Illness or not, he doesn't want to fight Cain EVER again.
4/17/13 8:40 PM
UGCTT croy_00
50 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

UG News fucked this bad haha. Said Mir underwent surgery for Diverticulitis in 2009 and 2011.

Must be Chris haha. Phone Post 3.0
4/17/13 9:15 PM
JerodR
57 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

People love to say that Brock juiced... I have a reason for asking but for those of you that think he did, why do you think that? Just curious...
4/17/13 9:39 PM
BrocksEliteStandUp

As someone who watched him in his first WWE run circa 2002, I'm sure he was taking something to get that huge, just google some of his early WWE promo stuff, the guy makes UFC 141 Overeem look average ;).

He was 330lbs of pure muscle at one time in his first WWE run and would have had to dramatically alter his training to be able to compete in MMA. I believe he walked around at 290lbs when in the UFC, cutting down gradually to 275 in the weeks before a fight and then a final cut of 10lbs the day before weigh ins to make 265.

In WWE right now he looks about 300lbs and pretty ripped although he is now carrying more body fat than he did in his first run but the guy is in his mid 30's now compared to mid 20's before.

Nowadays in WWE the testing is much, much stricter than it was in 2002 due in large part to the Chris Benoit tragedy. They have even went as far as suspending their current World champions and top stars when they have failed drug tests so I doubt he is on anything other than what is deemed legal in WWE (although it's probably much more relaxed than in UFC).

I very much doubt he was on anything while in the UFC as he was just about able to cut to 265.
4/17/13 10:02 PM
Emphatik
54 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

sgotwalks - 

It's hard for me to take this thread seriously when we are talking about a guy who I witnessed doing the turtle multiple times. The man hated to get hit, and it is tough to dominate a sport like this for long if you are gonna run  back and cower everytime someone lands a big shot.

Most guys dont get their first exposure to being hit from the biggest baddest guys on the planet. you work your way up to that shit.
In general it takes time to adjust to being hit and how to rect under pressure.

He just jumped right in, and took it from the best. The Carwin fight showed he had heart, he just didnt have the time frame to develop the right reactions. A few more years of hard sparring before fighting the top HWs in the world might have prepared him a bit better.
4/17/13 10:12 PM
ManWithTheIronFists
51 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Williambonney - No, he would have had a decent career but he wouldn't have been "dominant" unless he could learn to take a punch, he had great natural abilities, he was huge and quick but when he couldn't bully someone or they got a good punch in he broke even if he hadn't gotten sick he would have lost to the top tier strikers

4/17/13 10:13 PM
mijo

I really think fighters like Cain exposed him. Cain was just as strong, and wrestling was better. Dominate fighter, and being the best are different. Cain is a better fighter for sure.
4/17/13 10:24 PM
ortman166

Meh. Mur just patting himself on the back IMO Phone Post 3.0
4/17/13 10:30 PM
jcblass

Mir is obviously overstating Lesnar's ability so he can make the argument he lost to a real talent as opposed to a weak chined professional wrestler.

You always want to talk up your opponents, especially if they kicked your ass.
4/17/13 10:40 PM
brahmabull81
29 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Lesnar ruled the division when the truly good HWs were only green noobs in the UFC. I equate it to why Arlovski, Sylvia and Couture had HW titles, the division was weak and just plain sucked. There just werent many good established HWs in the UFC and the ones that were good when Brock was on the scene were shot to hell.
4/17/13 11:05 PM
mofomike
164 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Yes. Phone Post 3.0
4/18/13 12:08 AM
Doem

brock couldnt take a punch, and that wasn't from his illness. so he wasn't ever going to be champ again unless Mir was defending, which probably looks great in Mir's mind.
4/18/13 12:11 AM
SinCityHustler

Compression - Enough with imagine what Brock could have been nonsense & remember this:

In a recent interview given to Jim Rome, Dana White was a little more candid than we have seen when discussing Brock Lesnar’s recent retirement, specifically what was going through the former UFC Heavyweight Champion’s mind moments after becoming permanently incontinent compliments of an Alistair Overeem body kick. “It felt like I got kicked by a horse,” said Lesnar. Ok, so maybe that’s an exaggeration, but White states that Lesnar didn’t see himself taking down “The Reem” anytime soon, figuratively or literally:

The conversations I’ve had with Brock Lesnar since that fight, all indications point to it’s over. … Here’s what Brock said to me, he said ‘I’ll tell you what after my surgery from diverticulitis, this last surgery I had, I have never felt so good in my life.’ He said ‘I’ve had the best camp I’ve ever had, no injuries, I was in great shape, all the things that could go right, went right, that guy is just that much better than me and it’s time for me to retire.

So get over it, Brock knew he couldn't hang with the higher level guys & didn't like getting hit!

And you're not the only one who believes Dana.  There are literally millions of fans who fall for every thing Dana White says.  It's like they don't learn the man is a promoter and will say anything he needs to in order to push his agenda, no matter how ridiculous it may sound.  

4/18/13 12:45 AM
gloXxville
3 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

It's funny how the most dominant belt holder in Ufc heavyweight history gets so much flack. Oh and for people who don't know , Brock was on a liquid diet 6 months before the Overeem fight while he was fleeing the country shoving testosterone in his ass. In regards to the article pre 2x surgery Lesnar beats the un-enhanced chubby joke of a reem that showed up to his last fight 10 times out of 10. In regards to my thoughts on Lesnar

Min-Soo Kim
Frank Mir
Heath Herring
Randy Couture
Frank Mir
Shane Carwin
Cain Velasquez
Alistair Overeem

Scheduled to fight Dos Santos , Talks of a big money trilogy with Frank Mir , "apparently" in talks to fight Fedor. 2 of his last 3 fights were coming off long layoffs , including which Brock states due to his ailment he did not cut weight for the Carwin and Velasquez fights. Underwent 2 surgeries , last 6 fights had title implications , was the most dominant champion in UFC heavyweight f*cking history until Velasquez elbowed him in the temple and got a foot of his colon surgically removed. Give the man credit where credit is due or don't speak at all.

Signed,

A Brock Lesnar fan.

Oh and by the way , Allan Green fights at 175 pounds , hes a heck of a man and his story is legendary , but Lesnar is 280 pounds there's a heck of a lot more going on in terms of calories , digestion and recovery.
4/18/13 3:35 AM
elperro
55 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Complete bullshit. My brother was diagnosed with diverticulitis when he was 15 and by the time he was 22 he had been in th ER 25 times. He went pro at 21 and is 4-0 as a professional. He wore a colostomy bag and his stomach scar looks like he was gutted. Brock quit because he completely folded when he gets punched in the face, His heart was in the money and not fighting. Why is frank commenting on someone and something he has never been around? Phone Post 3.0
4/18/13 4:14 AM
Koga

brahmabull81 - Lesnar ruled the division when the truly good HWs were only green noobs in the UFC. I equate it to why Arlovski, Sylvia and Couture had HW titles, the division was weak and just plain sucked. There just werent many good established HWs in the UFC and the ones that were good when Brock was on the scene were shot to hell.

Ridiulous to derogate the quality of Brock's opposition.

Of his 7 opponents, 3 are UFC champions - Mir, Courture, Cain(and if not champion at the time, were top 3 ranked when they fought Brock),and 2 were never champs but were top three ranked at the time Lesner fought them (Overeen, Carwin). This leaves Kim, who was Lesner's first fight, and Herring who was 28-13 and coming off a win v Kongo when he fought Lesner.
4/18/13 4:21 AM
Bisping decisioned my SN

Kick Boxe -
Metafour - To be honest after his surgery I don't think the condition would have continued to have a negative effect on him. The damaged portion of the intestine was removed.

It probably had an effect on him while he had the disease but afterwards I don't think so.

He had like a foot of his colon removed homie. No athlete has ever come back from it Phone Post
Exactly.. Phone Post 3.0
4/18/13 4:23 AM
Bisping decisioned my SN

NotImpressedByYourScreenName -
Metafour - To be honest after his surgery I don't think the condition would have continued to have a negative effect on him. The damaged portion of the intestine was removed.

You ever had invasive surgery bro? I'm no Lesnar fan but the guy got part of his intestine cut out. How he even got licensed to fight Overeem is beyond me. I had an umbilical hernia that required keyhole surgery, ie no big deal, and I could barely walk for a month much less train.

Even just that length of time of inactivity for an elite athlete is a killer but the guy had major f'ckin surgery. Phone Post 3.0
The stupidity on this forum sometimes. If you don't realize the seriousness of his surgery.... He almost died.

Gtfo with him being the same after surgery and being benched for over a year. Phone Post 3.0

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.