UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Mir: Lesnar would have been dominant in UFC...

4/18/13 8:06 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Metafour
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Bisping decisioned my SN -
Kick Boxe -
Metafour - To be honest after his surgery I don't think the condition would have continued to have a negative effect on him. The damaged portion of the intestine was removed.

It probably had an effect on him while he had the disease but afterwards I don't think so.

I'd like to hear a gastroenterologist weigh in on this. Phone Post
He had like a foot of his colon removed homie. No athlete has ever come back from it Phone Post
Exactly.. Phone Post 3.0
Read through the rest of the thread or look up Allan Green.

I'm still waiting on someone to give a medical reason why a post surgery, fully healed Brock would be unable to compete at the highest level.

Sure it would be work to gain back weight lost and get back in shape but he was able to do that.

All I've heard on the forums is a bunch of bro science on this. Phone Post
4/18/13 8:06 AM
WarAJS

Metafour -  Brock's own words:

"I’ll tell you what after my surgery from diverticulitis, this last surgery I had, I have never felt so good in my life.’ He said ‘I’ve had the best camp I’ve ever had, no injuries, I was in great shape, all the things that could go right, went right, that guy is just that much better than me and it’s time for me to retire." Phone Post

I can`t believe this quote because I never heard brock say it, dana exaggerates alot and is known to bs.
4/18/13 8:07 AM
yellow wrkahlc
100 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

elperro - Complete bullshit. My brother was diagnosed with diverticulitis when he was 15 and by the time he was 22 he had been in th ER 25 times. He went pro at 21 and is 4-0 as a professional. He wore a colostomy bag and his stomach scar looks like he was gutted. Brock quit because he completely folded when he gets punched in the face, His heart was in the money and not fighting. Why is frank commenting on someone and something he has never been around? Phone Post 3.0
Hey, did you know that everyone's different?

Not hard to believe what Mir's saying. Phone Post 3.0
4/18/13 8:32 AM
charms434
55 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Rambo John J -
john_d1974 - 
TuLegit - Then how is he able to still juice with it? Phone Post 3.0

he doesn't juice, never has never would, NEVER failed any dope test, cant say that about most of the HW's.

??
have you seen Brock lately? juice is flowing out of his muscular gills. again
He's not on roids now. Look at him in 03 wwe. Then he was juicing. He's just cornfed now!! Phone Post 3.0
4/18/13 8:32 AM
charms434
55 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Brock was great. I love this "he couldn't and needed to learn to take a punch". IF HE COULD 'LEARN' to fight with 1/2 a colon he would have learned to take a punch. He'll look at Koscheck on TUF compared to his prime. Phone Post 3.0
4/18/13 9:10 AM
1armedScissor
2 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

elperro - Complete bullshit. My brother was diagnosed with diverticulitis when he was 15 and by the time he was 22 he had been in th ER 25 times. He went pro at 21 and is 4-0 as a professional. He wore a colostomy bag and his stomach scar looks like he was gutted. Brock quit because he completely folded when he gets punched in the face, His heart was in the money and not fighting. Why is frank commenting on someone and something he has never been around? Phone Post 3.0

How many times did Carwin punch him in the face? What usually happens when Carwin punches people in the face?
4/18/13 9:53 AM
Randy Watson
20 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 04/18/13 9:53 AM
<blockquote>gloXxville - It's funny how the most dominant belt holder in Ufc heavyweight history gets so much flack. Oh and for people who don't know , Brock was on a liquid diet 6 months before the Overeem fight while he was fleeing the country shoving testosterone in his ass. In regards to the article pre 2x surgery Lesnar beats the un-enhanced chubby joke of a reem that showed up to his last fight 10 times out of 10. In regards to my thoughts on Lesnar<br /><br />Min-Soo Kim<br />Frank Mir<br />Heath Herring<br />Randy Couture<br />Frank Mir<br />Shane Carwin<br />Cain Velasquez<br />Alistair Overeem<br /><br />Scheduled to fight Dos Santos , Talks of a big money trilogy with Frank Mir , "apparently" in talks to fight Fedor. 2 of his last 3 fights were coming off long layoffs , including which Brock states due to his ailment he did not cut weight for the Carwin and Velasquez fights. Underwent 2 surgeries , last 6 fights had title implications , was the most dominant champion in UFC heavyweight f*cking history until Velasquez elbowed him in the temple and got a foot of his colon surgically removed. Give the man credit where credit is due or don't speak at all.<br /><br />Signed, <br /><br />A Brock Lesnar fan. <br /><br />Oh and by the way , Allan Green fights at 175 pounds , hes a heck of a man and his story is legendary , but Lesnar is 280 pounds there's a heck of a lot more going on in terms of calories , digestion and recovery.</blockquote><br />Needed a coffee warning for that. Funny shit man. Made my day you did. Thanks.
4/18/13 10:22 AM
Phil999

Compression - Enough with imagine what Brock could have been nonsense & remember this:

In a recent interview given to Jim Rome, Dana White was a little more candid than we have seen when discussing Brock Lesnar’s recent retirement, specifically what was going through the former UFC Heavyweight Champion’s mind moments after becoming permanently incontinent compliments of an Alistair Overeem body kick. “It felt like I got kicked by a horse,” said Lesnar. Ok, so maybe that’s an exaggeration, but White states that Lesnar didn’t see himself taking down “The Reem” anytime soon, figuratively or literally:

The conversations I’ve had with Brock Lesnar since that fight, all indications point to it’s over. … Here’s what Brock said to me, he said ‘I’ll tell you what after my surgery from diverticulitis, this last surgery I had, I have never felt so good in my life.’ He said ‘I’ve had the best camp I’ve ever had, no injuries, I was in great shape, all the things that could go right, went right, that guy is just that much better than me and it’s time for me to retire.

So get over it, Brock knew he couldn't hang with the higher level guys & didn't like getting hit!

Use my 1 vote of the day for a vote up.
4/18/13 12:31 PM
Vikingknee
2 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Metafour - To be honest after his surgery I don't think the condition would have continued to have a negative effect on him. The damaged portion of the intestine was removed.

It probably had an effect on him while he had the disease but afterwards I don't think so.

Full retard right here Phone Post 3.0
4/18/13 12:58 PM
HELWIG
12 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

hed have been a top ten HW but probably not been able to beat the JDS, Fedor, Cain level of guys due to his late start and lack of composure.

4/18/13 12:59 PM
Metafour

Vikingknee -

Explain why?

All I have seen is lol's or comments like this with no intelligent dispute or contributions. I think there is a general lack of understanding of the disease, the surgical procedure and human physiology. Phone Post
4/18/13 1:10 PM
JerodR
75 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Still haven't seen one person that can give a reason why they think he did steroids... Seeing Brock in the WWE and seeing him in the UFC, what makes you think he did steroids?
4/18/13 1:35 PM
1a1
16 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

He obviously used in the wwe. Every big star did Phone Post 3.0
4/18/13 2:44 PM
Diver690

Metafour - 
Vikingknee -

Explain why?

All I have seen is lol's or comments like this with no intelligent dispute or contributions. I think there is a general lack of understanding of the disease, the surgical procedure and human physiology. Phone Post

I'm not goign to try and validate someone elses full retard comment so please don't read this as an attempt to do so. 

I workded for a little over 3 years with a guy who went through the same surgery and he was absolutely never the same person healthwise.  I will quantify this statement by saying he's older and he also probably didn't have the same caliber of Dr (not that his Dr sucked but I'm guessing Brock's was better).  However the guy was in pretty fantastic shape for a non pro athlete, he did triathalons, did power type lifting 2-3x a week, and ate cleaner than anyone else there. He's down over 20lbs, has real problems sleaping properly and cant keep anywhere near the pace he could. 

He and Brock aren't apples to apples but I guess for every person who walks away from surgery unscathed or better off there is people who don't. Hell gall bladder surgery kills people and it's a very standard outpatient procedure.

I'm not saying this to claim that Brock would have been a world beater or anything or to claim to be a premeire authority on the matter just pointing out that not every person will respond exactly the same to a surgery/illness.

4/18/13 3:20 PM
Metafour

Diver690 -
Metafour - 
Vikingknee -

Explain why?

I'm not goign to try and validate someone elses full retard comment so please don't read this as an attempt to do so. 

I workded for a little over 3 years with a guy who went through the same surgery and he was absolutely never the same person healthwise.  I will quantify this statement by saying he's older and he also probably didn't have the same caliber of Dr (not that his Dr sucked but I'm guessing Brock's was better).  However the guy was in pretty fantastic shape for a non pro athlete, he did triathalons, did power type lifting 2-3x a week, and ate cleaner than anyone else there. He's down over 20lbs, has real problems sleaping properly and cant keep anywhere near the pace he could. 

He and Brock aren't apples to apples but I guess for every person who walks away from surgery unscathed or better off there is people who don't. Hell gall bladder surgery kills people and it's a very standard outpatient procedure.

I'm not saying this to claim that Brock would have been a world beater or anything or to claim to be a premeire authority on the matter just pointing out that not every person will respond exactly the same to a surgery/illness.

I appreciate your post!

You are right that every case is different. In Brock's instance he had his sigmoid removed (most commonly affected portion of bowel with diverticular disease).

The literature I have read on this procedure indicates once recovered you should experience no changes in lifestyle.

Did the man you know have a resection due to diverticulitis? I could understand if you are in or beyond your middle age and normally very active, that having to rest after a major surgery could really have a negative impact on you're physical condition overall. Many people have colon resection surgery for colon cancer, and the recovery with that is a totally different story (chemo, potential metastasis, ect.)

There can be complications with any surgery as you have said, but from what I know Brock had some of the countries best doctors work on him (Mayo clinic) and there is nothing to indicate he wasn't performing at peak level. Phone Post
4/18/13 4:57 PM
WALES1
129 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Lifestyle and being able to compete at the highest within MMA are two different things.

I'm sure Lesnar is able to go hunting or lift weights.

But I don't think he could put his body through the intense work outs needed to get in fight shape. Phone Post 3.0
4/19/13 8:05 PM
elperro
61 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

yellow wrkahlc -
elperro - Complete bullshit. My brother was diagnosed with diverticulitis when he was 15 and by the time he was 22 he had been in th ER 25 times. He went pro at 21 and is 4-0 as a professional. He wore a colostomy bag and his stomach scar looks like he was gutted. Brock quit because he completely folded when he gets punched in the face, His heart was in the money and not fighting. Why is frank commenting on someone and something he has never been around? Phone Post 3.0

Everyone is different. Brock was quoted as saying he had never felt better after the incident. He fought to make money, He didnt fight because he loved the sport. There is a big difference. Of course the plan is to make money, i get it. But how successful you going to be at in something when you dont love to fight, when you dont get mad at getting hit in the face or get pumped by it. Brock is still competing in WWE and regardless of it being fake its brutal on the body, but if diverticulitis completely changed him or his character why is he still competing at a high level. His number one goal is to make as much money as he can, only in wrestlig the punches are pulled. Im MMA its kill or be killed and every true emotion will come out in a hard fight inside a cage. Brock is a stud. NCAA champ. His heart wasnt in the fight game. Does this make sense to anyone else or should i just shut the fuck up :) Phone Post 3.0
4/20/13 3:34 AM
WALES1
129 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

But he didn't quit against Carwin?

Why didn't Lesnar just tap? Phone Post 3.0
4/20/13 3:54 AM
madmav
9 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

brock would have killed the non juiced overeem.. no doubt about that imo.

4/20/13 6:14 AM
Arlovskis Chin
37 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

elperro -
yellow wrkahlc -

Everyone is different. Brock was quoted as saying he had never felt better after the incident. He fought to make money, He didnt fight because he loved the sport. There is a big difference. Of course the plan is to make money, i get it. But how successful you going to be at in something when you dont love to fight, when you dont get mad at getting hit in the face or get pumped by it. Brock is still competing in WWE and regardless of it being fake its brutal on the body, but if diverticulitis completely changed him or his character why is he still competing at a high level. His number one goal is to make as much money as he can, only in wrestlig the punches are pulled. Im MMA its kill or be killed and every true emotion will come out in a hard fight inside a cage. Brock is a stud. NCAA champ. His heart wasnt in the fight game. Does this make sense to anyone else or should i just shut the fuck up :) Phone Post 3.0
There's a lot more money innWWE for Brock than there was in the UFC. He did it to compete. Also he was always going to say he felt in his best shape to fight after, anyone would; nobody admits being in a bad way before a fight publicly. I do agree though that WWE may be comparatively kinder to Brock and that's why he went back. Phone Post 3.0

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.