UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Roufus: Pettis could be the next Anderson Silva

4/17/13 6:03 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
hendofanforlife
167 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Pettis has the most amazing kick in combat sports ever. Props to him.
4/17/13 7:46 AM
LiftStrong
35 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I think Pettis is very Anderson'esque. His movement, setting up angles and his ability to capitalize on small openings and land devastating blows are second only to Andy (imo). Anything can happen but he is certainly on the right track.
4/17/13 7:59 AM
Big Pookie
78 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

If there's one fighter you want to be like, its Anderson. Fuck all the haters! Pettis has set his goals high and I for one hopes that he achieves them. He's one of the most exciting fighters to watch.

4/17/13 12:06 PM
DJmixmasterMobbie
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

now we have an expectation of Pettis to perform like Anderson which we all know is a snow balls chance in hell. The spider isn't just great because of his skills, he's great because of his mentality. Can't limit his greatness to just his skills imo. No one shows up on fight day like him.
4/17/13 12:43 PM
Jack Carter
847 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Lets keep bringing up his one kick

Meanwhile he lost to Guida

Lets see if he can do even half of what Anderson has done before making such claims Phone Post 3.0
4/17/13 1:28 PM
ortman166

I don't think he gets past Aldo, but that's because Aldo is a beast. Pettis is good no doubt Phone Post 3.0
4/17/13 2:07 PM
DinoSmash

Not sure if he will ever be a skilled as Silva, mainly because Anderson's seems so impossible to reach. I think what makes Pettis awesome is his style. He's a good match up for most. Great stand up and great guard. Take down defense could use some work, but the guy is a talent. Phone Post

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.