Brian J DSouza
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Let's wait and see what happens.

4/17/13 10:29 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Koku_Ryuu

Steve4192 - 
thatdude21601 - Probably not. I think Miriam Nakamoto would tool Holm, and Germaine would too if she's going to 135.

I don't know about that.

The biggest weakness of pure Muay Thai in MMA is that it places such a massive emphasis on kicks that many Thai fighters have mediocre to awful punching skills. IMO, good hands are way more important than good kicks in MMA, and Holly is in a different class than those two when it comes to punching technique. She's also not too shabby in the kicks department, as she began her career as a kickboxer before moving into boxing. Two of her three MMA wins have come via kicks.

It wouldn't surprise me at all if Holly beat Miriam and Germain in an MMA setting.

Finally..someone who has some basis for their opinion! Not to mention..she's been with Jackson's MMA for a bit..so I'm sure she will get some good wrestling/TDD exposure. People not familiar with her making some low expectations compared to her experience with MMA.
4/17/13 12:39 PM
Eric Bloodaxe
29 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

According to Sauerland, Holm was offered six figures to fight Brækhus in Europe.

4/17/13 2:17 PM
RearNakedToke
201 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Holm is a lot taller than Nakamoto I think? I wonder if she is around Jessamyn Duke's height, because Holm and her long arm and legs would be hard to deal with IMO. I doubt Germaine or Miriam would be shooting for takedowns on her so either fight would probably be a great striking match. Or a sloppy ADCC blooper reel. Phone Post 3.0
4/17/13 6:41 PM
GladiatorGannon
264 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The Big Lebansky - Would she hang with cyborg in a standup fight??? Phone Post 3.0

She would tool Cyborg in a pure stand up fight. She's a better boxer than Rousey was a Judoka, and an excellent kickboxer as well.
4/17/13 7:40 PM
HeHitsMeBecauseHeLovesMe

In an all stand up fight, Holly Holm would make Cyborg look absolutely silly. Phone Post
4/17/13 7:44 PM
MMA Playwrite
610 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

GladiatorGannon - 
The Big Lebansky - Would she hang with cyborg in a standup fight??? Phone Post 3.0

She would tool Cyborg in a pure stand up fight. She's a better boxer than Rousey was a Judoka, and an excellent kickboxer as well.

I don't believe that she was a better boxer than Rousey was a judoka, but perhaps I'm wrong. That is certainly a good area for discussion.

Rousey was world elite in a deep sport. Same with Holm. I'm thinking this through a bit.... okay, Holm is as good a boxer as Rousey is a judoka. That's my revised opinion.
4/17/13 7:44 PM
JOESONDO
51 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

What is her contract status? Hopefully it won't be another situation where Bellator won't use her but also won't let he fight elsewhere.
4/17/13 7:47 PM
Chris27

If it ain't Dutch, it ain't much - She can't do TUF because of her May fight, I think they will start filming TUF in April.
I am sure she can get 2-3 more wins on smaller shows and build up her level of competition and the UFC will welcome her with open arms. Due to her name and background I am sure she will want far more then the TUF 18 contract will pay her anyways. A PPV between her and Rousey if marketed correctly could be huge.

Its already half way through April and they just did tryouts, they arent filming this month.

They probably wont fill till end of May/early June.

Could even be June/July or July into Aug. Def not this month though.

She can probably get on TUF but who knows what her Bellator contract is like, they say its one and done but Bellator probably still have that matching clause on her to deny her from fighting in the UFC.

Word is Bellator fucked with Sapo Santos from being on TUF.
4/17/13 8:02 PM
HeHitsMeBecauseHeLovesMe

Chris27 -
If it ain't Dutch, it ain't much - She can't do TUF because of her May fight, I think they will start filming TUF in April.
I am sure she can get 2-3 more wins on smaller shows and build up her level of competition and the UFC will welcome her with open arms. Due to her name and background I am sure she will want far more then the TUF 18 contract will pay her anyways. A PPV between her and Rousey if marketed correctly could be huge.

Its already half way through April and they just did tryouts, they arent filming this month.

They probably wont fill till end of May/early June.

Could even be June/July or July into Aug. Def not this month though.

She can probably get on TUF but who knows what her Bellator contract is like, they say its one and done but Bellator probably still have that matching clause on her to deny her from fighting in the UFC.

Word is Bellator fucked with Sapo Santos from being on TUF.
Sapo actually won his first fight on the show, before he was kicked out. Phone Post
4/17/13 8:20 PM
BRZ

GladiatorGannon -

Depends how deep is women's boxing vs women's judo? Phone Post 3.0
4/17/13 8:28 PM
Unseen
133 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

4/17/13 9:11 PM
WickedWonder

Unseen - 

That's my girl right der. She'd beat shit outta Holly. That's why she tucking her tail and running to MMA.
4/17/13 9:28 PM
Escopeta
4 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Didn't she get pummeled in her last boxing match? She took a pretty brutal beating, so I can't really blame her for leaving boxing.
4/17/13 9:37 PM
ChaosOverkill
457 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

She can drive her fists into me anytime

4/18/13 5:18 AM
Eric Bloodaxe
29 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Escopeta - Didn't she get pummeled in her last boxing match? She took a pretty brutal beating, so I can't really blame her for leaving boxing.

She outscored Mathis in the re-match. The fight to make was Cecilia Braekhus (undefeated, also beat Mathis) vs Holm. The only interesting fight in womens boxing imo. Holm wants no part of it though.

4/18/13 7:49 AM
JustAnotherMMAFan
12 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

GladiatorGannon - 

Just compare their fights against Jan Finney, and you will see you are absolutely wrong.

Jan Finney lost to Holly and was t.k.oed in the 3rd round due to a leg kick to the body, but it was NOTHING compared to the destruction she suffered when she fought Cyborg.

While Holly is more technical is likely the crispier boxer, Cyborg's too aggressive and too strong for her, and would beat her worse than Matthis did.

The same goes with Germaine de Randamie: she outpointed Hiroko Yamanaka, while Cyborg destroyed her in 16 seconds. She's just on a different level.
4/18/13 9:13 AM
Steve4192
212 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

JustAnotherMMAFan - 
GladiatorGannon - 

Just compare their fights against Jan Finney, and you will see you are absolutely wrong.

Jan Finney lost to Holly and was t.k.oed in the 3rd round due to a leg kick to the body, but it was NOTHING compared to the destruction she suffered when she fought Cyborg.

While Holly is more technical is likely the crispier boxer, Cyborg's too aggressive and too strong for her, and would beat her worse than Matthis did.

The same goes with Germaine de Randamie: she outpointed Hiroko Yamanaka, while Cyborg destroyed her in 16 seconds. She's just on a different level.

Those were MMA fights, not kickboxing. Things are different when the threat of the takedown or clinch against the fence are introduced. Pure strikers can't be nearly as aggressive letting their strikes go in an MMA match.
4/18/13 9:52 AM
JustAnotherMMAFan
12 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

He didn't say this would be a kickboxing match, but a "stand-up" fight.
4/18/13 12:21 PM
GladiatorGannon
264 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 04/18/13 1:11 PM
JustAnotherMMAFan - He didn't say this would be a kickboxing match, but a "stand-up" fight.

Which part of a pure "stand up" fight involves the threat of takedowns?

And what the hell is a "leg kick to the body"?

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.