UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Your questions for Uncle Creepy?

4/17/13 11:47 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Jack Brown
415 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I'm going to be doing an audio interview with Ian McCall tonight.

Below are the questions I plan to ask, but I'd also like some questions from the UG.

I'll pick three from this thread to ask him.

Give me your best!  Thank you!

#1 What was your first experience with martial arts/combat sports, and how did it become more than just a hobby for you?
#2 What do you recall about your first professional MMA fight, and how prepared do you feel that you were at the time?
#3 Prior to entering the UFC, you were an excellent 3-0 at flyweight and 8-2 at bantamweight, with your only losses coming in fights against Charlie Valencia and Dominick Cruz in the WEC.  How would you characterize those first nine years of your career and what were the highlights for you?
#4 You entered the UFC as soon as they added the flyweight division in early 2012.  Your first fight, against Demetrious Johnson, was a draw that should have gone another round.  Nevertheless, that fight may still be the best that we have seen in the division.  What do you recall about that debut and how do you regard that fight in retrospect? 
#5 In your two subsequent fights in the UFC, you went the distance against Johnson and Joseph Benavidez, and lost both by unanimous decision.  You were in both fights until the end, but obviously you were disappointed by the results.  Is there anything that you can take away from those experiences that will help you moving forward?  
#6 You continue to be one of the top fighters in the world in your weight class.  Who would you like to fight next and when would be the ideal time for you to fight again?
#7 There are a number of "hot topics" in MMA right now, including performance-enhancing drugs and transgendered fighters.  Are there any MMA issues that you feel particularly passionate about?
#8 You are one of the most beloved and active fighters on the UG forums.  How would you describe your relationship with the UG and what do you like about interacting with the other fighters and fans on there?
#9 What else interests you outside of training and fighting, and who are the individuals who have supported you most in life?
#10 What does it mean to you to be a fighter and how much do you enjoy it?    
4/17/13 12:56 PM
Jack Brown
415 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Cmon UG! Phone Post
4/17/13 2:21 PM
Jack Brown

4/17/13 2:44 PM
rodhicks
8 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Why couldn't I find you at coachella? Phone Post 3.0
4/17/13 2:50 PM
Jack Brown

rodhicks - Why couldn't I find you at coachella? Phone Post 3.0
That's a start. Phone Post
4/17/13 2:54 PM
HisOrHerpes
65 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Ever been in a street fight? Phone Post 3.0
4/17/13 3:21 PM
Jack Brown

HisOrHerpes - Ever been in a street fight? Phone Post 3.0

Okay, but that's Junkie Radio's signature question.  Thanks for contirbuting though.

4/17/13 3:27 PM
UGCTT_BlahBreh
69 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

rodhicks - Why couldn't I find you at coachella? Phone Post 3.0

cause he's pretty damn short hahha :)
4/17/13 4:38 PM
UGCTT_Trentley
6 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Who are some of his fighting idols?

Any news on his next fight yet? (I'm dying not seeing him in the cage!)

Are him and jade brice together or what?

...sorry if he's commented on these before, just throwing some out there to try to help. Have fun with the interview! Phone Post 3.0
4/17/13 4:54 PM
Jack Brown

UGCTT_Trentley - Who are some of his fighting idols?

...sorry if he's commented on these before, just throwing some out there to try to help. Have fun with the interview! Phone Post 3.0

Thank you!

4/17/13 7:00 PM
Jack Brown

Four hours left UG! Step up! Phone Post
4/17/13 7:03 PM
HisOrHerpes
65 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Favorite part of training? Least favorite?

Any bad blood between him and another fighter?

Most memorable training incident? Phone Post 3.0
4/17/13 9:06 PM
Jack Brown

Two hours left for your submissions!

4/17/13 9:55 PM
rodhicks
8 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Does he feel that he's in a "must win" situation in his next fight? Phone Post 3.0
4/17/13 11:13 PM
Pride Wanderlei
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

How does he feel at 125? Would he ever move back up to 135?

Is there anyone he would like to fight next?

Did Joe B do anything different than he was expecting in their fight? What would he focus on if they fought again?

Which discipline does he enjoy training the most? Which one the least? Phone Post 3.0
4/17/13 11:16 PM
Pride Wanderlei

If you were to quit fighting today, what would you do? Phone Post 3.0
4/17/13 11:22 PM
Pride Wanderlei

Out of the 3 fighters you lost to in the UFC: Mighty Mouse, Joe B and Dominick Cruz, championship belts aside, which one would you want to rematch the most? And why?

Are there any other sports outside of MMA you played growing up? Phone Post 3.0
4/17/13 11:36 PM
UGCTT_5 for fighting
234 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Ttt Phone Post
4/18/13 12:36 AM
Jack Brown

Pride Wanderlei - Out of the 3 fighters you lost to in the UFC: Mighty Mouse, Joe B and Dominick Cruz, championship belts aside, which one would you want to rematch the most? And why?

Are there any other sports outside of MMA you played growing up? Phone Post 3.0
Great questions! But too late. Thanks and sorry. Phone Post
4/18/13 12:37 AM
Jack Brown

HisOrHerpes - Favorite part of training? Least favorite?

Any bad blood between him and another fighter?

Most memorable training incident? Phone Post 3.0
Asked one of your questions AND gave your screen name! Phone Post
4/18/13 12:38 AM
Jack Brown

rodhicks - Does he feel that he's in a "must win" situation in his next fight? Phone Post 3.0
Asked your question. Phone Post
4/18/13 12:38 AM
Jack Brown

UGCTT_Trentley - Who are some of his fighting idols?

Asked your question about idols. Phone Post
4/18/13 12:51 AM
UGCTT_SidRival
507 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

But we wanted to know about Jade..

4/18/13 8:06 AM
Jack Brown

UGCTT_SidRival - 

But we wanted to know about Jade..

I can promise you, he talked about that plenty, openly and honestly.  I did not ask about it though.  If that's what you're curious about, make sure to listen when it's posted.

4/18/13 8:29 AM
xsrg95
279 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.