UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Ref Rosenthal pleads guilty to drug charges

4/17/13 12:49 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
shaqitup
57 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Chris - 
shaqitup - 
Sickle -  Losing one of the few good refs in MMA is not what we need right now. Phone Post

When was the last time he actually reffed?

Seems like he's been gone for a while.

read the article. the raid was over a year ago.

I got that from the brief synopsis, i probably will read later i just mean doesn't that pretty much line up with when he was last seen.

4/17/13 12:50 PM
UGCTT_VA757_GJTT
40 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Marijuana is not a drug Phone Post
4/17/13 12:50 PM
pennviachoke
1196 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Kirik -

Feds should be embarassed. They got better things to do, like shoot in the head the guy or guys who set the bombs in my hometown on Monday.

This Phone Post
4/17/13 12:51 PM
shaqitup
57 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

HexRei - 
shaqitup - 
Card - 

$6 million? wow....

When they say street value do they mean what they can sell their product for, or the general 10$, or like 200 an oz.

They usually use a very small increment, like by the 8th or something, which is why the numbers end up so high. They also often include in the weight parts of the plant that are waste material, like trim and stem.

That's what i was thinking, yeah in the end of things the plants may add up to close to 6 million,

but growers sell in such huge ammounts that it won't end up being close to that.

4/17/13 12:51 PM
subwrassler
83 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

4/17/13 12:53 PM
Lahzerous
270 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Ramon Maroni - 
Lahzerous - 
Kirik - 

Feds should be embarassed. They got better things to do, like shoot in the head the guy or guys who set the bombs in my hometown on Monday.

So he was one of the state licensed growers in Oakland the feds went after?

not with almost 1,400 plants

pretty sure there are restrictions on the amount of plants u can grow if u have a license to grow medical mary jane

and I am fairly certain almost 1,400 plants is a no-no even with a medical growing license

Link to a source on what the limit is? When they did the raid on Oaksterdam last year all of the growers for distribution centers were this size or larger. If he was doing it illegally I would think they would find a better place than a warehouse in Oakland.
al neri
264 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Refuse to Lose -  Somehow this doesn't surprise me... Anyone know the possible sentence time for this? Phone Post

read the article for fucks sake.
Condit's Face Broke My Hand
573 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Kirik -

I don't really know much about what's normal with these marijuana situations but the raid the police did was a year ago. Phone Post
4/17/13 12:54 PM
KevinMcAllister
212 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Lol @ these ancient marijuana laws.

Jesus fucking christ. Phone Post 3.0
4/17/13 12:56 PM
oumatt
2 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Will this signal the beginning of drug testing for refs and judges? Phone Post 3.0
HexRei
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Condit's Face Broke My Hand - 
Kirik -

I don't really know much about what's normal with these marijuana situations but the raid the police did was a year ago. Phone Post

The raid was, but that's a small part of the process. They're still dumping money into the judicial system to prosecute him. Undoubtedly they will destroy the pot as well (flushing cash down the toilet more or less) and they'll even have to pay officers to do that.

So resources (that could be put toward solving legitimate crimes) are still being completely and utterly wasted.
vaginal tear
104 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

zebers3 - Anyone else feel that whenever Josh is reffing a fight, it always looks like he's trying not to laugh?
Yes. Every time he asked if they were ready. Phone Post 3.0
4/17/13 12:58 PM
HexRei

klabo - 
Refuse to Lose - Somehow this doesn't surprise me... Anyone know the possible sentence time for this? Phone Post
Not as bad as you would think if its just pot. I had a buddy get busted with 250 lbs and he was out rather quickly with a decade on probation. Phone Post 3.0

I wonder if he'll still be allowed to ref with a fresh felony on his record.
4/17/13 1:00 PM
JuniorCallMeMaybe

Lefthook33 - Oh fuck haha, never woulda guessed Phone Post
You're joking right? Phone Post 3.0
4/17/13 1:00 PM
UGCTT_ Lay'n'PrayNINJA

epwar -

With that many plants, wonder why he didn't have an official growers license and/or open a dispensery.  It is California, after all.

He may have...that doesn't stop it from still being federally illegal. Iirc Phone Post
4/17/13 1:03 PM
Anderson's BBC in my Goku

Kirik - 

this

HexRei

UGCTT_ Lay'n'PrayNINJA - 
epwar -

With that many plants, wonder why he didn't have an official growers license and/or open a dispensery.  It is California, after all.

He may have...that doesn't stop it from still being federally illegal. Iirc Phone Post

Yeah but the feds don't raid much. 1400 plants is waaaaay over what any county allows even for a caregiver with many patients. like 10x + more.
Card
2253 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 04/17/13 1:04 PM

4/17/13 1:04 PM
Humanityisthedevil
31 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Pat Giles - 209!

Thats awesome. Lol Phone Post 3.0

510 dude.
4/17/13 1:05 PM
gregnog

The $6 Million is a bullshit number they just made up. That would be Almost $5,500 per plant, pretty much impossible unless you are selling nickle bags to gullible middle schoolers in down town NYC... nope still impossible. But ya, over 1000 plants is a pretty big grow. Lots of times they count clones, tiny plants and even empty pots as if they were massive and ready to be harvested.

Still so sad seeing this happen in other places. Here in Washington I drive down the street and buy it. I trim for good size grow ops and it's just another day.
4/17/13 1:08 PM
Outlaw'd by Lytle

Fuck this BS. Just legalise it, tax it and use this valuable resource elsewhere.

What a waste of everyone's time. Phone Post 3.0
4/17/13 1:11 PM
BrattMamley
1282 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Damn, I like weed. Damn, I like Josh. This sucks :(

4/17/13 1:12 PM
HexRei

CRMartin11 - 
UGCTT_VA757_GJTT -  Marijuana is not a drug Phone Post

now I know you are trying to be one of those pseudo intellectual types, but marijuana is a drug. Go take chemistry 101 in high school buddy. Coffee is a drug too btw idiot.

Coffee is a drink that contains a drug, caffeine.
4/17/13 1:15 PM
Condit's Face Broke My Hand
573 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

HexRei -
Condit's Face Broke My Hand - 
Kirik -

The raid was, but that's a small part of the process. They're still dumping money into the judicial system to prosecute him. Undoubtedly they will destroy the pot as well (flushing cash down the toilet more or less) and they'll even have to pay officers to do that.

So resources (that could be put toward solving legitimate crimes) are still being completely and utterly wasted.
I guess I don't see the correlation with that and what's going on in Boston, but there obviously is stuff the Oakland police can be doing locally that's a bit more important. Phone Post
4/17/13 1:19 PM
SilverSpoon1996

Nick Diaz's neighbor???

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.