UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Ref Rosenthal pleads guilty to drug charges

4/17/13 6:35 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
MartialArtsMixed
56 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Free josh!!! Phone Post 3.0
4/17/13 6:35 PM
MartialArtsMixed
56 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I was wondering where my kosher og was coming from... Phone Post 3.0
4/17/13 6:36 PM
rustyshakleford
200 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The state vs. federal laws can be vague, and I think there are some gray areas a lot of people operate in. No one is going to stop watching mma, because a ref , on his own time, in a state with vague laws, cultivated some cannabis.
Plus, we dont know the whole story. The federal government has not always gotten their cases 100 percent accurate.
4/17/13 6:36 PM
Dingo ate my baby
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

He knew it was illegal, he wasn't growing for personal use, he was greedy. No sympathy from me.
4/17/13 6:43 PM
Motivated Penn
67 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MOAOZINHO - 
The Big Lebansky - 6 million street value?!

Bullshit.

What are the breaking all 1500 plants into tre bags?

That many plants would bring in $400,000 tops. Phone Post 3.0

Law enforcement always beefs up the stats based on single gram values. It's a bullshit marketing scheme to cook up their budgets within the city.

What they do here in totalitarian Norway, if you get caught growing cannabis, is weigh the ENTIRE fucking plants, root, stem and all, and charge you for that weight in marijuana yield.
4/17/13 6:43 PM
UGCTT_VA757_GJTT

Bananatoles -
UGCTT_VA757_GJTT -
trobinson21 -
CRMartin11 -
UGCTT_VA757_GJTT -  Marijuana is not a drug Phone Post

now I know you are trying to be one of those pseudo intellectual types, but marijuana is a drug. Go take chemistry 101 in high school buddy. Coffee is a drug too btw idiot.

You learned about the chemical makeup of marijuana in Chemistry 101? Lol Uggghhhh the anti marijuana people are such huge faggots. Phone Post
Thank you white knight

CRMartin...marijuana is not a drug, people suck dick for coke. Do you know anyone who sucks dick for marijuana? I don't think so.

So please go back to sitting on your front porch telling young whipper snappers to get off your damn lawn. Phone Post
He's right but by definition, water is a drug and so is food. It was government who deemed drugs to be evil, not the definition of drugs Phone Post 3.0
If water is a drug, then I call bullshit on what people think are drugs. Drugs are manufactured...like pain pills, crack, coke, heroin, pcp, lsd, benzos, meth...all are manufactured.

Pot is a plant, shrooms are a fungus, technically hash is made from weed but I would call it the exception since it's not cut with anything.

I don't know...you say potato, I say tomato..... Phone Post
4/17/13 6:45 PM
schaffermj
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

why oh why couldnt this have been Winslow or Mazagatti?
4/17/13 6:59 PM
Bananatoles
44 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

UGCTT_VA757_GJTT -
Bananatoles -
UGCTT_VA757_GJTT -
trobinson21 -
CRMartin11 -

now I know you are trying to be one of those pseudo intellectual types, but marijuana is a drug. Go take chemistry 101 in high school buddy. Coffee is a drug too btw idiot.

You learned about the chemical makeup of marijuana in Chemistry 101? Lol Uggghhhh the anti marijuana people are such huge faggots. Phone Post
Thank you white knight

CRMartin...marijuana is not a drug, people suck dick for coke. Do you know anyone who sucks dick for marijuana? I don't think so.

So please go back to sitting on your front porch telling young whipper snappers to get off your damn lawn. Phone Post
He's right but by definition, water is a drug and so is food. It was government who deemed drugs to be evil, not the definition of drugs Phone Post 3.0
If water is a drug, then I call bullshit on what people think are drugs. Drugs are manufactured...like pain pills, crack, coke, heroin, pcp, lsd, benzos, meth...all are manufactured.

Pot is a plant, shrooms are a fungus, technically hash is made from weed but I would call it the exception since it's not cut with anything.

Drug
/dr?g/
Noun
A substance that has a physiological effect when ingested or otherwise introduced into the body, in particular.

Lol ya man. I agree with you definition though. But that's the definition for drug an always has been. The only reason we say drug and think evil is because of the social conditioning that was brought on by the feds Phone Post 3.0
4/17/13 7:38 PM
HexRei

mma vixen - 
Kirik - 

Feds should be embarassed. They got better things to do, like shoot in the head the guy or guys who set the bombs in my hometown on Monday.

So you suggest that the federal law enforcement employees in California should all leave there, and head to Boston?

And how many times will people asking about the hypocrisy of posting this negative story, but refusing to report any of the Lloyd Irvin news because it gives people a bad impression about MMA, be ignored?

that name is already taken, douchebag.
4/17/13 7:46 PM
UGCTT_VA757_GJTT

Bananatoles -
UGCTT_VA757_GJTT -
Bananatoles -
UGCTT_VA757_GJTT -
trobinson21 -
CRMartin11 -

Thank you white knight

Drug
/dr?g/
Noun
A substance that has a physiological effect when ingested or otherwise introduced into the body, in particular.

Lol ya man. I agree with you definition though. But that's the definition for drug an always has been. The only reason we say drug and think evil is because of the social conditioning that was brought on by the feds Phone Post 3.0
"Drug
/dr?g/
Noun
A substance that has a physiological effect when ingested or otherwise introduced into the body, in particular."

That definition needs to be revised to be more specific.

When I introduce water into my body, it has the physiological effect of hydradting me. When I eat, it has the physiological effect of giving me energy.
Damn near everything is a drug according to that definition...even air. Phone Post
4/17/13 7:51 PM
MachidasBrew

Damn Phone Post 3.0
4/17/13 7:53 PM
MattyECB
178 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Bananatoles - 
kungfugrip - it's amazing that people feel bad for a guy who willingly broke the law. I understand that people believe it should be legal, but the fact is it's not.

If they want the laws changed, go through the correct changes. Not just do it behind closed doors.

Being a "good" guy doesnt justify his actions.
I agree with this. If I lived in Iran and my daughter went out without a scarf on her dome is be the first one to throw a rock at her face. Like fuck, those scarves are the law so follow the rules bitch Phone Post 3.0

A lot of people, and alot of scholars and journalists for that matter, refuse to accept the war on drugs.

A lot of libertarians or others will refuse to take part in juries involving non-violent drug convictions. Really isn't that unbelievable

(Sry, meant to quote the guy you hilariously responded to)
4/17/13 7:54 PM
HexRei

UGCTT_VA757_GJTT - 
Bananatoles -
UGCTT_VA757_GJTT -
Bananatoles -
UGCTT_VA757_GJTT -
trobinson21 -
CRMartin11 -

Thank you white knight

Drug
/dr?g/
Noun

"Drug
/dr?g/
Noun
A substance that has a physiological effect when ingested or otherwise introduced into the body, in particular."

When I introduce water into my body, it has the physiological effect of hydradting me. When I eat, it has the physiological effect of giving me energy.
Damn near everything is a drug according to that definition...even air. Phone Post

Yeah, but there's a practical definition for science and medicine and generally food will be excluded from that, barring relevant context like allergies or a medical condition or an important specific chemical in the food.
4/17/13 7:58 PM
MattyECB
178 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

UGCTT_VA757_GJTT - 
Bananatoles -
UGCTT_VA757_GJTT -
trobinson21 -
CRMartin11 -

Thank you white knight

Those are not drugs, I don't know where the hell he got his definitions from. The only thing I could think of is when you're talking toxicity, technically every substance is toxic with an LD50, just a differing level of necessary concentration.

Marijuana is a drug, and it does have a lot of negative consequences -- I feel people forget this because they get so caught up defending it against draconian laws or unrealistic PR campaigns.

Pot is a plant, but it's psychoactive and alters your mental state away from its physiological balance. It also has analgesic effects and is technically a neurotoxin, albeit a fairly benign one.
Food or water are necessary to maintain homeostasis -- basically the range of values to keep all your biological processes healthy and not pathological, very different from marijuana...

Having said that, Marijuana is nothing compared to alot of legal drugs so I'm still on your side. Just think it's silly to try and classify it in the same group as food
4/17/13 8:01 PM
MattyECB

UGCTT_VA757_GJTT - 
Bananatoles -
UGCTT_VA757_GJTT -
Bananatoles -
UGCTT_VA757_GJTT -
trobinson21 -
CRMartin11 -

Thank you white knight

Drug
/dr?g/
Noun

"Drug
/dr?g/
Noun

That's a stupid definition and not one they'd generally teach you in a pharmaco or medical class. Certainly not in any physio or patho classes...

I'd certainly consider caffeine a drug, as is tobacco or alcohol, but water or food? lol
4/17/13 8:04 PM
Greg Southworth

This is a shame - josh is a great dude. I know for some states you can't be employed by the athletic commission as a felon. Phone Post 3.0
4/17/13 8:06 PM
Bananatoles
44 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MattyECB -
UGCTT_VA757_GJTT - 
Bananatoles -
UGCTT_VA757_GJTT -
trobinson21 -
CRMartin11 -

Thank you white knight

Those are not drugs, I don't know where the hell he got his definitions from. The only thing I could think of is when you're talking toxicity, technically every substance is toxic with an LD50, just a differing level of necessary concentration.

Marijuana is a drug, and it does have a lot of negative consequences -- I feel people forget this because they get so caught up defending it against draconian laws or unrealistic PR campaigns.

Pot is a plant, but it's psychoactive and alters your mental state away from its physiological balance. It also has analgesic effects and is technically a neurotoxin, albeit a fairly benign one.
Food or water are necessary to maintain homeostasis -- basically the range of values to keep all your biological processes healthy and not pathological, very different from marijuana...

Having said that, Marijuana is nothing compared to alot of legal drugs so I'm still on your side. Just think it's silly to try and classify it in the same group as food
You can eat weed to man. Lol and people have been eating weed and hemp for much longer than its been illegal.

Btw that's the websites definition of drug. Turkey makes you sleepy, cheeseburgers make you shit, and soda makes you hyper.

All drugs, more people have died by cheeseburgers then weed, that's a fact, since there's no deaths from weed recorded. In 2010 the leading cause of death in America was heart disease.... Beat out cancer, and a lot of cancer can e attributed to cheeseburgers.

You would have to eat more then 100 pounds of weed to die, and you would have to eat more then 50 pounds of fresh psychoactive mushrooms to die. If you eat less then a pound of salt you will die.

Agendas bro, agendas.

I for one do not agree with my government telling me what I can and cannot grow or consume. Phone Post 3.0
4/17/13 8:07 PM
Bananatoles

Bananatoles -
MattyECB -
UGCTT_VA757_GJTT - 
Bananatoles -
UGCTT_VA757_GJTT -
trobinson21 -
CRMartin11 -

Thank you white knight

You can eat weed to man. Lol and people have been eating weed and hemp for much longer than its been illegal.

Btw that's the websites definition of drug. Turkey makes you sleepy, cheeseburgers make you shit, and soda makes you hyper.

All drugs, more people have died by cheeseburgers then weed, that's a fact, since there's no deaths from weed recorded. In 2010 the leading cause of death in America was heart disease.... Beat out cancer, and a lot of cancer can e attributed to cheeseburgers.

You would have to eat more then 100 pounds of weed to die, and you would have to eat more then 50 pounds of fresh psychoactive mushrooms to die. If you eat less then a pound of salt you will die.

Agendas bro, agendas.

I for one do not agree with my government telling me what I can and cannot grow or consume. Phone Post 3.0
Websters not website Phone Post 3.0
4/17/13 8:10 PM
MattyECB

HexRei - 
MattyECB - 
HexRei - To be fair, the marijuana in the market today isn't "nature". It's been carefully selectively bred by growers over the decades, and it's farmed in a way that would never occur in nature, which results in a product that would never occur in nature.

That said, its still retarded to make it illegal.

That's silly, it's exactly what happens in nature, except we direct it.
Same way tomatoes can grow smaller or larger each generation, except we select them to direct a very natural process of microevolution. Also not different from how we grow tomatoes with ideal conditions... Not anything unnatural, just that it would be stupid to choose less than ideal conditions when growing a crop

Same deal with Marijuana

It's not natural BECAUSE it's directed, lol. Natural is a process that would occur without human intervention. What growers have done is actually a different process called "artificial selection".

Let me put it this way...

People are freaked out about GMOs (vertical gene transfer)
They consider it against nature because they're manually inserting genes between species that shouldn't be able to cross/mate. These organisms were never meant to have certain genes introduced and were never meant to cross with other species of plants

No one is freaking about non GMO crops, even though every single one is an affront to nature according to you and SuperCalo, because the artificial selection done is still being done by a process that occurs naturally, it's just directed breeding. Rice crops might naturally become more or less fertile or more or less abundant in nature, but they'll never suddenly start incorporating the natural pesticides ppl put into them when they make GMOs.

That's the key difference to me, one is manipulating a natural process so only the desirable effect occurs, another is creating a process that was never intended to occur in nature.

But as someone else said, this rly is all semantics
4/17/13 8:12 PM
MattyECB

I guess all I'm saying is, you and Supercalo don't consider any vegetables, fruits or really most flowers/plants you buy natural... Believe it or not, they've virtually all undergone some form of artificial selection

Even organic crops. Dogs for that matter too, dog's are against Gaia as SuperCalo so eloquently put it lol
4/17/13 8:16 PM
Colboyo
24 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Lahzerous - Oakland? Was he one of the state licensed growers the Federal Government decided to bust for the hell of it? If so that fucking sucks :(

“Don't steal - the government hates competition!"

-Ron Paul
4/17/13 8:21 PM
MattyECB

Bananatoles - 
MattyECB -
UGCTT_VA757_GJTT - 
Bananatoles -
UGCTT_VA757_GJTT -
trobinson21 -
CRMartin11 -

Thank you white knight

Agendas bro, agendas.

Ummm, I agreed and said everything has an LD50, so I'm not sure why you're trying to disprove me with that line of reasoning... That cheesburegers can kill you too

I'm just saying no one in the scientific field would follow that definition of drugs lol And I already said I'm totally on your side with these laws being bullshit, just you're really misunderstanding THC if you think a psychoactive compound is in the same category as nutrient-sources

And fyi, Turkey doesn't make you sleepy. It's just because ppl are fat fucks and get itis from eating too much turkey. You eat alot and your body dedicates a disproportionate amount of blood to your GIT.

The tryptophan level are not only far too low to have that effect, in fact it's lower than in Chicken, but there's a little thing called the blood-brain barrier that would preclude anything but a very very large dose of try/W from entering since it's constantly competing w/ other A.A.s
4/17/13 8:28 PM
MattyECB

Also, you'll die without salt or without sources of protein for essential A.A.s or fat for lipopoteins...

While life is certainly a lot less enjoyable without weed, you definitely won't die without it.
Again, still agree with you cus for all intents and purposes, you won't die WITH it either lol Can't say the same for tobacco or alcohol.
Hell, anyone whos had a coffee can tell you first hand how much more addictive stimulants are than psychoactive compounds. Fucking migraines for weeks when I try quitting :S
4/17/13 8:36 PM
Bananatoles

Ok :) but your wrong.

Anything you put in your body and it Changes the chemistry of your body is a drug.

Semantics and separation. Which scientists are you talking about? Chemists will agree with me while Christian funded "scientist" won't.

Not trying to disprove you of anything. Phone Post 3.0
4/17/13 8:40 PM
WestCoastKid

Dude was dumb and being greedy. He should have known better for being in the limelight. No way he should ever be allowed to ref for the UFC again. Refs should be like Big John who is a Pro at all times, not like Sampson Simpson from Half Baked. Over 1000 plants is just being greedy and asking to get busted. No sympathy from me. They obviously need to start drug testing the refs and judges and should make them sign a Professional code of conduct like the UFC fighters do. Kids are watching now and look up to these people. It's not the weed that's the problem its his greed.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.