UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Ref Rosenthal pleads guilty to drug charges

4/17/13 8:42 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
inf0
303 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I wonder if he's related to Ed Rosenthal.. famous weed grower and activist.. I always liked him because of his last name anyways... kind of interesting turn of events;

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ed_Rosenthal

4/17/13 8:44 PM
snowman95
17 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Kirik -

Feds should be embarassed. They got better things to do, like shoot in the head the guy or guys who set the bombs in my hometown on Monday.

Yeah the feds should be embarrassed, post the letter! Phone Post
4/17/13 8:57 PM
TheParrot
55 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

UGCTT_VA757_GJTT - 
Bananatoles -
UGCTT_VA757_GJTT -
trobinson21 -
CRMartin11 -
UGCTT_VA757_GJTT -  Marijuana is not a drug Phone Post

now I know you are trying to be one of those pseudo intellectual types, but marijuana is a drug. Go take chemistry 101 in high school buddy. Coffee is a drug too btw idiot.

You learned about the chemical makeup of marijuana in Chemistry 101? Lol Uggghhhh the anti marijuana people are such huge faggots. Phone Post
Thank you white knight

CRMartin...marijuana is not a drug, people suck dick for coke. Do you know anyone who sucks dick for marijuana? I don't think so.

So please go back to sitting on your front porch telling young whipper snappers to get off your damn lawn. Phone Post
He's right but by definition, water is a drug and so is food. It was government who deemed drugs to be evil, not the definition of drugs Phone Post 3.0
If water is a drug, then I call bullshit on what people think are drugs. Drugs are manufactured...like pain pills, crack, coke, heroin, pcp, lsd, benzos, meth...all are manufactured.

Pot is a plant, shrooms are a fungus, technically hash is made from weed but I would call it the exception since it's not cut with anything.

I don't know...you say potato, I say tomato..... Phone Post

morphine is found in nature, not manufactured.   is that a drug?  Heroin is just a one step conversion to morphine, btw.

Amphetamines are found in nature, including meth.   Is that a drug?

4/17/13 9:02 PM
UGCTT_VA757_GJTT
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MattyECB -
Bananatoles - 
MattyECB -
UGCTT_VA757_GJTT - 
Bananatoles -
UGCTT_VA757_GJTT -
trobinson21 -
CRMartin11 -

now I know you are trying to be one of those pseudo intellectual types, but marijuana is a drug. Go take chemistry 101 in high school buddy. Coffee is a drug too btw idiot.

You learned about the chemical makeup of marijuana in Chemistry 101? Lol Uggghhhh the anti marijuana people are such huge faggots. Phone Post
Thank you white knight

CRMartin...marijuana is not a drug, people suck dick for coke. Do you know anyone who sucks dick for marijuana? I don't think so.

So please go back to sitting on your front porch telling young whipper snappers to get off your damn lawn. Phone Post
He's right but by definition, water is a drug and so is food. It was government who deemed drugs to be evil, not the definition of drugs Phone Post 3.0
If water is a drug, then I call bullshit on what people think are drugs. Drugs are manufactured...like pain pills, crack, coke, heroin, pcp, lsd, benzos, meth...all are manufactured.

Pot is a plant, shrooms are a fungus, technically hash is made from weed but I would call it the exception since it's not cut with anything.

Those are not drugs, I don't know where the hell he got his definitions from. The only thing I could think of is when you're talking toxicity, technically every substance is toxic with an LD50, just a differing level of necessary concentration.

Marijuana is a drug, and it does have a lot of negative consequences -- I feel people forget this because they get so caught up defending it against draconian laws or unrealistic PR campaigns.

Pot is a plant, but it's psychoactive and alters your mental state away from its physiological balance. It also has analgesic effects and is technically a neurotoxin, albeit a fairly benign one.
Food or water are necessary to maintain homeostasis -- basically the range of values to keep all your biological processes healthy and not pathological, very different from marijuana...

Having said that, Marijuana is nothing compared to alot of legal drugs so I'm still on your side. Just think it's silly to try and classify it in the same group as food
You can eat weed to man. Lol and people have been eating weed and hemp for much longer than its been illegal.

Btw that's the websites definition of drug. Turkey makes you sleepy, cheeseburgers make you shit, and soda makes you hyper.

All drugs, more people have died by cheeseburgers then weed, that's a fact, since there's no deaths from weed recorded. In 2010 the leading cause of death in America was heart disease.... Beat out cancer, and a lot of cancer can e attributed to cheeseburgers.

You would have to eat more then 100 pounds of weed to die, and you would have to eat more then 50 pounds of fresh psychoactive mushrooms to die. If you eat less then a pound of salt you will die.

Agendas bro, agendas.

I for one do not agree with my government telling me what I can and cannot grow or consume. Phone Post 3.0

Ummm, I agreed and said everything has an LD50, so I'm not sure why you're trying to disprove me with that line of reasoning... That cheesburegers can kill you too

I'm just saying no one in the scientific field would follow that definition of drugs lol And I already said I'm totally on your side with these laws being bullshit, just you're really misunderstanding THC if you think a psychoactive compound is in the same category as nutrient-sources

And fyi, Turkey doesn't make you sleepy. It's just because ppl are fat fucks and get itis from eating too much turkey. You eat alot and your body dedicates a disproportionate amount of blood to your GIT.

The tryptophan level are not only far too low to have that effect, in fact it's lower than in Chicken, but there's a little thing called the blood-brain barrier that would preclude anything but a very very large dose of try/W from entering since it's constantly competing w/ other A.A.s
I never said weed was in the same category as food/water. I just said by that b.s. definition everything is a drug. Phone Post
4/17/13 9:07 PM
KZTT_FawkingxD
113 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Fuck! Phone Post 3.0
4/17/13 9:07 PM
ortman166

Kirik -

Feds should be embarassed. They got better things to do, like shoot in the head the guy or guys who set the bombs in my hometown on Monday.

Vtfu! Phone Post 3.0
4/17/13 9:30 PM
UGCTT_VA757_GJTT

TheParrot -
UGCTT_VA757_GJTT - 
Bananatoles -
UGCTT_VA757_GJTT -
trobinson21 -
CRMartin11 -

Thank you white knight

morphine is found in nature, not manufactured.   is that a drug?  Heroin is just a one step conversion to morphine, btw.

Amphetamines are found in nature, including meth.   Is that a drug?

Morphine and herion are opiates, which come from opium. If you know of a morphine plant then drop some knowledge on us with a source.

I don't fuck with meth to know a lot about it, so I'll do some research on that myself...maybe you do? Phone Post
4/17/13 9:42 PM
Frank Mir Cat
2 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Laws are laws, have fun in prison Rosie.
4/17/13 9:49 PM
BigSleep
109 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

6ULDV8 - 

Putting people in jail for marijuana is just fucking retarded.

America, home of the retards that think they're free.

Protip:  Americans, you ain't free from shit.  You're one of the most oppressed countries in the world.  

You might think you have more freedom than other countries, but it's only because you've never been there and believe what you've been told by your propaganda machine.

You're some of the least 'free' people on the planet right now,

Straight up.

Totally, brah. I haven't traveled at all either.
4/17/13 9:57 PM
UGCTT Combat Can Happen

zebers3 - Anyone else feel that whenever Josh is reffing a fight, it always looks like he's trying not to laugh?
So true haha voted up Phone Post 3.0
4/17/13 9:58 PM
Frank Mir Cat
2 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

6ULDV8 - 

Putting people in jail for marijuana is just fucking retarded.

America, home of the retards that think they're free.

Protip:  Americans, you ain't free from shit.  You're one of the most oppressed countries in the world.  

You might think you have more freedom than other countries, but it's only because you've never been there and believe what you've been told by your propaganda machine.

You're some of the least 'free' people on the planet right now,

Straight up.

VTFD for being possibly the dumbest thing I've ever read on the UG.
4/17/13 10:17 PM
blupitt
4 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

haha god damn Rosenthals a hustler. Maybe I sure re concider becoming a ref. how much do they get paid??

4/17/13 10:27 PM
MattyECB
188 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

UGCTT_VA757_GJTT - 
MattyECB -
Bananatoles - 
MattyECB -
UGCTT_VA757_GJTT - 
Bananatoles -
UGCTT_VA757_GJTT -
trobinson21 -
CRMartin11 -

Thank you white knight

Those are not drugs, I don't know where the hell he got his definitions from. The only thing I could think of is when you're talking toxicity, technically every substance is toxic with an LD50, just a differing level of necessary concentration.

Marijuana is a drug, and it does have a lot of negative consequences -- I feel people forget this because they get so caught up defending it against draconian laws or unrealistic PR campaigns.

Pot is a plant, but it's psychoactive and alters your mental state away from its physiological balance. It also has analgesic effects and is technically a neurotoxin, albeit a fairly benign one.
Food or water are necessary to maintain homeostasis -- basically the range of values to keep all your biological processes healthy and not pathological, very different from marijuana...

Having said that, Marijuana is nothing compared to alot of legal drugs so I'm still on your side. Just think it's silly to try and classify it in the same group as food
You can eat weed to man. Lol and people have been eating weed and hemp for much longer than its been illegal.

Btw that's the websites definition of drug. Turkey makes you sleepy, cheeseburgers make you shit, and soda makes you hyper.

All drugs, more people have died by cheeseburgers then weed, that's a fact, since there's no deaths from weed recorded. In 2010 the leading cause of death in America was heart disease.... Beat out cancer, and a lot of cancer can e attributed to cheeseburgers.

You would have to eat more then 100 pounds of weed to die, and you would have to eat more then 50 pounds of fresh psychoactive mushrooms to die. If you eat less then a pound of salt you will die.

Agendas bro, agendas.

I for one do not agree with my government telling me what I can and cannot grow or consume. Phone Post 3.0

Ummm, I agreed and said everything has an LD50, so I'm not sure why you're trying to disprove me with that line of reasoning... That cheesburegers can kill you too

I'm just saying no one in the scientific field would follow that definition of drugs lol And I already said I'm totally on your side with these laws being bullshit, just you're really misunderstanding THC if you think a psychoactive compound is in the same category as nutrient-sources

And fyi, Turkey doesn't make you sleepy. It's just because ppl are fat fucks and get itis from eating too much turkey. You eat alot and your body dedicates a disproportionate amount of blood to your GIT.

The tryptophan level are not only far too low to have that effect, in fact it's lower than in Chicken, but there's a little thing called the blood-brain barrier that would preclude anything but a very very large dose of try/W from entering since it's constantly competing w/ other A.A.s
I never said weed was in the same category as food/water. I just said by that b.s. definition everything is a drug. Phone Post

You are correct sir, my apologies. I agree that definition is silly.

And you're pretty much correct about Opium. The plant itself directly contains codein, the shit in pain killers that gets metabolized into morphine, and morphine itself, but the heroine is a processed form.

It's kind of like when idiots purify THC and create derivatives to avoid legal ramifications, which end up paralyzing ppl lol

Heroine is a derivative, IIRC, of morphine. But morphine and codeine are still technically, "natural," since they're present in the opium poppy.
4/17/13 10:29 PM
fightharder
14 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Thats fucked up for him. The recommended plea is pretty harsh. I guess he would spend the time at a minimum security facility but 36 months is still a lifetime. And it will probably mean we will never see him in the Octagon ).

Anyways street value is all good and well but the dudes who store and or grow are usally getting a lot smaller piece of the pie then street value.

Its so silly though when you think of it. The dude is being send to jail because he grew some plants. Its all well and good to say that the law is the law but when it is so antiquated and frankly silly its really not a miracle that the United States is the country in the world with the most inmates per capita. Land of the free,land of the free until you get incarcerated would be a better term.

Jesus christ change the drug laws already.

4/17/13 10:37 PM
TheMessiah

vaginal tear -
SysAdminOfSpreadSheets - FRB reported this 3 days ago on his twitter. Phone Post 3.0
Who gives a fuck what FRB did? Phone Post 3.0
Vtfu..

And this sucks..

About him and the marijuana Phone Post 3.0
4/17/13 10:43 PM
The Dean of Cuisine
15 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I remember in one interview he looked high as FUCK, so I guess this isn't too surprising? Phone Post 3.0
4/17/13 10:49 PM
joshirvine718

I guess someone in the MMA community beats Chale with the gangster card. Rosenthal is the best, good luck.
4/17/13 10:54 PM
banging

These outrageous marijuana laws, with penalties MUCH worse then murder, or manslaughter are beyond ridiculous. There should ACTUALLY BE A VICTIM if it's a crime. They force people to plea bargain because if they risk a jury trial they could go away for life.

And the "street" value is complete bullshit - I like the story in Oregon or Washington where the cops took this guys weed he was legally growing and the jury ruled against the cops and they have to reimburse him for the "street" value, over 500 grand the taxpayers have to pay this guy back.

Most people, when asked directly dont' want to pay to put anyone in prison for weed. Stupid federal laws are crazy - I thought Obama would've done something about it by now. What a dissapointment.
4/17/13 10:54 PM
Matt Phillips
788 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Rosenthal is going to jail for growing some plants. Just think about that for a moment. Phone Post
4/17/13 11:19 PM
HexRei

Kublai khan style -  What he did was illegal at the time. He broke the law and should be punished. That's the way it goes or we have anarchy. Don't like the law then campaign against it but if you break it expect jail, which he might be cool with but a lot of bitches crying for him here. Phone Post

blah blah anarchy blah blah. Stupid laws should be ignored. Fuck the feds.
4/17/13 11:26 PM
Barbasol
237 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Pat Giles - 209!

Thats awesome. Lol Phone Post 3.0
I started to Vote you down, then I realized I had to to read the whole thread for an explanation of your comment.

LOL. What part of the story is funny? It doesn't matter what your views on MJ is, what made you laugh?

Do you wake up unhappy each day? Phone Post 3.0
4/17/13 11:36 PM
TeamRenzo4Life

No wonder he let the Lesnar/Carwin fight continue after Brock clearly wasn't defending himself at the end of the first round....
He was high as balls.
4/17/13 11:37 PM
UGCTT_TrevGore
63 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

UGCTT_SidRival -
UGCTT_TrevGore -
UGCTT_SidRival - Instead of spending billions of dollars to persecute it, why not legalize it and take in the billions of dollars it could bring in tax revenue. California is in serious debt and shit like this is one of the reasons why. It's fucking 2013 and this shit is still illegal. It's unbelievable. Phone Post 3.0
Why don't we legalize it? Two words: Big Pharma. I've actually got an ongoing case, haha. Was driving for a collective out here in CA, got arrested even though I was well within the law because the officer 'didn't really know marijuana law,' and 'would just let the attorneys hash it out.'

Will be thinkin' good thoughts for Josh, what a bummer... Phone Post 3.0
No for sure. I'm fully aware of the big pharm agenda. It's just silly that in this day and age they're still using ancient facts and data for their argument. I hope ur case turns in ur favor. More people will die of alcohol related causes this upcoming weekend alone than have died in the history of humanity from marijuana. Fact. Phone Post 3.0
I appreciate it, man. Things are looking up, everything should get dropped.

On the subject of alcohol... The douchebag cop booking me asked if I drank alcohol, I said 'rarely,' and he looks at douchebag cop #2, laughs, and says 'ah, he's got standards!'

Backwards fuckin country we live in. Phone Post 3.0
4/17/13 11:41 PM
UGSlapshot

Fuck drug laws, they have ruined our country.

Sad to hear he got popped, hope the government doesn't fuck his life up too bad. Phone Post
4/18/13 12:01 AM
Jaybrone
425 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I don't care if you want to legalize it but 1350 plants is insane. 

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.