UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Miesha: Winslow' freaked' because of blood

4/17/13 2:51 PM
Ignore | Vote Down | Vote Up
Underground Blog
1249 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MixedMartialArts.com

Miesha "Cupcake" Tate posted on her fan Facebook page about the ref stoppage at the TUF 17 Finale Saturday night.

"Post fight pic taken Monday. (IF) you all are wondering about my nose, it's fine, still a little swollen but I'm going to get the suspension lifted ASAP, and I will be back!

"Can't help my nose bleeds a lot still frustrated at the stoppage, think the ref freaked because of blood when she should have been focusing on the fact that I was still perfectly coherent and shooting for a takedown after two solid knees landed. I was still in the fight and up on the score cards.

"Can't pay enough respect to Cat she's a warrior & I'd love the honor of fighting her in the future again but NOT with Kim Winslow as the ref."

Read entire Facebook...

4/17/13 2:53 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
MMA Playwrite
847 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

IN!
4/17/13 2:53 PM
DJmixmasterMobbie
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 04/17/13 2:53 PM
that Caraway in the bed peakin at the camera?

Edit: Bryan Tate*
4/17/13 2:56 PM
Dire
7 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Poor Tate, love her heart, good fighter, but let it go, Cat had the upper edge at that moment, and I am 100% if the Ref didnt stop it, Tate would have been hurt or TKOed..

Tate is a warrior though and I hope she does get that suspen lifted to come back sooner... but she really needs to dump Bryan, he seems to be talking into her ear.
4/17/13 2:58 PM
Dana Stern

Miesha really is one tough chick. She comes out just swinging hard in fights and will take hard shots and keep coming. Honestly I think she's the most exciting women fighter. A lot of heart and probably tougher then most of us guys in the UG. Phone Post
4/17/13 3:00 PM
Kirik
1930 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The UnderGround, Mayor

Miesha Tate is an awesome, exciting fighter, irrespective of being female.

4/17/13 3:04 PM
UGCTT_CreepysStacheWax

Kirik -

Miesha Tate is an awesome, exciting fighter, irrespective of being female.

And Winslow is a horrible ref and needs to get out of thr cage. Phone Post
4/17/13 3:09 PM
DoomFarmer
36 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

You lost Phone Post 3.0
4/17/13 3:10 PM
ShaqNoob
87 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Moar pics please.
4/17/13 3:27 PM
JustAnotherMMAFan
10 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Miesha is an awesome fighter. I really, really like her. She is very, very tough. She is all heart. She didn't tap after what Ronda did to her arms, she managed to come back and defeat Julie Kedzie, and she was taking a lot of damage against Cat, and wouldn't give up.

Props to her.

And, well, Kim Winslow is likely the worst referee in the business. I still can't get over Cris Cyborg vs Jan Finney.

That said, she lost that fight fair and square. Stoppage was perfect, and, while Kim Winslow made other mistakes during the fight, the stoppage was spot on. It's up to the referee to decide to stop the fight, if the other fighter is not fighting back or if s/he is taking too much damage. That's why the sport got rules in the first place.

And, honestly, Miesha only won round 1 because of the last 1:10 min. The rest of it was pretty even. The second round... Miesha dominated the first 2:40 minutes. The last 2:20 minutes were ALL Cat, who DID much more damage.

And the third round was being a BAD 10-8 on Cat's favour.

I don't think Miesha ever in her career took such a beating, nor her face was this mangled. She should deal with it and let go... fight Liz Carmouche and try to climb to the top of the division again.
4/17/13 3:31 PM
KnowKontrol
15 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Even women hate Winslow... Phone Post 3.0
4/17/13 3:32 PM
cecils_pupils

It was a proper stoppage - doesn't matter who was ahead, she folded like a lawn chair after those knees and that elbow. It's sad that she can't accept defeat.
4/17/13 3:40 PM
SlipSlap

Shut up, cupcake Phone Post
4/17/13 3:43 PM
Chulio
13 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

If you were perfectly coherent what where you slamming you face into Cat's knees for.
4/17/13 3:53 PM
vaginal tear
104 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Nobody wants Winslow as a ref. Phone Post 3.0
4/17/13 4:01 PM
Caleb Alexander Von Reuter
200 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Winslow is a terrible ref, but the stoppage was fine. Phone Post 3.0
4/17/13 4:02 PM
RazorMMA
65 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Sad thing is she only remembers two knees! Yikes. Phone Post 3.0
4/17/13 4:04 PM
Dmoney35
70 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I boo this. the time Winslow actually makes a good stoppage Tate wants to reference her reputation as a poor ref. Tate is better than this enough with the excuses already Phone Post 3.0
4/17/13 4:04 PM
Stea1th

Winslow needs to fucking go Phone Post 3.0
4/17/13 4:09 PM
shaqitup
61 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I agree with it was a bad stoppage, but she has to watch the fight again, it may have been a takedown attempt in some way, but all she did was fall to her knees about a foot away form Cat.

4/17/13 4:11 PM
Card
2254 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

4/17/13 4:16 PM
Don_Dada
196 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Great stoppage, giving Winslow props on this one. 

4/17/13 4:19 PM
12SixElbow
624 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

No... Just no.

You got hit 63 times in the third round... 60 fucking 3.

You hit her back twice... thats one, two...

Rounds don't get more one sided than that, you weren't in the fight and the ref made the right call.

4/17/13 4:21 PM
MakeMeBleed
126 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Wow man she needs to move on already. Her man should send Winslow a fruit basket for saving his girls face. Phone Post
4/17/13 4:23 PM
sacredhate
116 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

i like Tate a lot...and wanted her to win.

I generally cringe when I see Kate Winslow.

in this particular case...I think Kate got it right and Tate is doing what any fighter that didn't tap or go black out completely does.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.